Pages:
Author

Topic: SolidCoin 2 Release - Monday 10th October 23:35 UTC - page 7. (Read 21322 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
The difficulty now is 8800 more than doubled!
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Didn't really check, but the blocks arrive real fast

Difficulty is now more than 4k, thank goodness I mined from the start, but I guess a few more hours I have to switch to a pool as it seems too difficult now.
If you would what is the block rate at now?

Ok thanks for the reply that is what I thought still not anywhere near normal, I would install the client to check but there is not a hope in hell I will do that without someone having checked that scumbags source code first.

You can check http://coinotron.com/coinotron/AccountServlet?action=statistics

It has the difficulty in the top-right corner, as well as the last 20 SLC blocks/times/difficulty
Didn't really check, but the blocks arrive real fast

Difficulty is now more than 4k, thank goodness I mined from the start, but I guess a few more hours I have to switch to a pool as it seems too difficult now.
If you would what is the block rate at now?
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Using the console:
Maybe I am doing this wrong.

Solidcoin sc_getblockbynumber 19180  time:1318377732
Solidcoin sc_getblockbynumber 18000  time:1318361977

if time value in full seconds?

block difference 1180 blocks.
time difference 15755 seconds
time per block 13.3 seconds?

Is that right?

Or is timestamp in fractional seconds?

Assumming it is correct it has taken ~1day to increase block time by factor of 13x.  Block times are still roughly 1/26th of where they should be so it would take 2 more days before system is using proper difficulty ~150,000. 
Activity: 1008
Merit: 250
I've been stuck at block 16709 for a while. Is there something to be worried about?

No I don't think so. Maybe restart SolidCoin app or your PC? Block 18722 here.
Activity: 518
I've been stuck at block 16709 for a while. Is there something to be worried about?

Restart client !
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

I like your exchange and I use it for some coins.

But you can't expect people to buy coins while one person has mined 10,000 US$ worth of coins (250k SC) in 24 hours.
I don't think people like to trade a coin from a chain that will be restarted sooner or later.

This chain is dead, I advice not to buy/sell until the restart... Hmm, maybe better to stop this nonsense completely...

SC2 will never be safe without programmers who know what they do (people like ArtForz).
Source is not open, we can't even tell what more unknown vulnerabilities are in this client / network / chain.

And as long as the creator has a button to stop this all, I wouldn't invest a single 0.01$ in it.
You can loose it all...

If CuntHunter really wants to save this coin, he releases the sourcecode and let some pro's fix it for him.

+1
Activity: 168
what is:

Code:
mining_workmaxperiod=60 

If miner doesn't get notified of new block, the maximum time in seconds it mines before requesting new work.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
what is:

Code:
mining_workmaxperiod=60 
donator
Gerald Davis
I get wild variations in hash rate...

It goes 25k ... 22.5k... 6k... 0.00k... and then back up.  Is this normal?

I have 4 cores running.

Yes it is normal.  It is a feature.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
I get wild variations in hash rate...

It goes 25k ... 22.5k... 6k... 0.00k... and then back up.  Is this normal?

I have 4 cores running.
donator
Gerald Davis
If it's true that only 1/2 the blocks are generates, it doesn't look so bad.  That would mean ~ 250k coins generated in the last 12h.

Correction.  Half the blocks produce coins for you the other half produce coins for Coin Hunter's personal wallet.  You knew about that right?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

I like your exchange and I use it for some coins.

But you can't expect people to buy coins while one person has mined 10,000 US$ worth of coins (250k SC) in 24 hours.
I don't think people like to trade a coin from a chain that will be restarted sooner or later.

This chain is dead, I advice not to buy/sell until the restart... Hmm, maybe better to stop this nonsense completely...

SC2 will never be safe without programmers who know what they do (people like ArtForz).
Source is not open, we can't even tell what more unknown vulnerabilities are in this client / network / chain.

And as long as the creator has a button to stop this all, I wouldn't invest a single 0.01$ in it.
You can loose it all...

If CuntHunter really wants to save this coin, he releases the sourcecode and let some pro's fix it for him.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Activity: 1008
Merit: 250
If it's true that only 1/2 the blocks are generates, it doesn't look so bad.  That would mean ~ 250k coins generated in the last 12h.

You're absolutely right of course, I forgot about that.
I wrote a haiku in honor of SC2.Fail

"Solidcoin released
Unable to retarget
May it Rest in Peace"
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Indeed there is a ways to go, we are only 12 hours in. Short blocks are indeed normal for this stage in the blockchain, especially when you have so many people mining as hard and as fast as they can. The Tenebrix client (RIP) was an ugly mess, not many people installed it, hence the quick stabilisation of block generation rate for that project. It simply didn't have the mass adoption and hashing power behind it that SC2 does.

So, ladies and gentletrolls, it does appear that RealSolid has delivered on every promise he has made to date, and exceeded all expectations in the process.

You're saying that even after 12hrs and 15+ difficulty retargets, the hashing power is still SO STRONG and GROWING that 5s blocks are still 'expected'? SC is at 15k blocks already.

No, that doesn't make *any* sense.

Pages:
Jump to: