Pages:
Author

Topic: Solo Mining on an S3 with 51.1 Difficulty - here we go! UPDATE: Block Found!! - page 13. (Read 37623 times)

Activity: 359
Merit: 251
!!!!!BOOM BABY!!!!

Guess what boys? Not even a month into it and the old S3 CRUSHED IT!!!!

Best share: 61,391,307,854

Blocks found: 1

OH YEAH!!!!!    

To all the naysayers, I know it's cool to knock it but solo mining can be VERY profitable. You just have to pay your dime and take your chance. What do you have to lose? A couple of bucks of electricity? Pshaw, you'll probably spend more than that in beer anyway.

Now the question is this, should I keep this thread updated with any additional blocks? Is anyone interested?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
2 miners with less than 1TH have solved blocks on solo ckpool. Your chances are extremely low but there is almost no other way to profit with an S3 these days unless your electricity is exceptionally cheap, so solo mining is still a high stakes option.
Activity: 380
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
well heck now you done inspired me. Gonna throw in TWO S3's, they old as shit anywayz and get about 660GHS coupled so hey why not? Good luck to us all Smiley 
Other than the fun factor, the reality in numbers is that BTC should be purchased with fiat currently instead of chased with obsolete mining hardware.

Oh, I'm sorry. You failed to read the first post. But hey, thanks for playing! Here's your pickle  Cheesy

DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
Other than the fun factor, the reality in numbers is that BTC should be purchased with fiat currently instead of chased with obsolete mining hardware.
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
I hope you win a block with this. It's hard to solve but anything can happen.
Activity: 62
Merit: 12
Got to love the optimism.  Theoretically you could end up minting half the blocks between now and next year - it's unlikely but fingers crossed Smiley
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Nexious.com Admin
Thanks for the support guys! Im encouraged to see so many like-minded people out there!  Grin

(side note, I hate that we can't multi-quote on this forum software. Bitcointalk.org should switch to Vbulletin!)

Difficulty change to 52.3 now so it's even tougher but that little antminer, she's still runnin! Paying her dime and taking her chance at about 441gh/s on average. No better share so far (68m since last restart) but that's ok. It'll happen  Cheesy

Wish you good luck Smiley might use a few U2's instead of buying lottery ticket ha ha
Thanks for the support guys! Im encouraged to see so many like-minded people out there!  Grin

(side note, I hate that we can't multi-quote on this forum software. Bitcointalk.org should switch to Vbulletin!)

Difficulty change to 52.3 now so it's even tougher but that little antminer, she's still runnin! Paying her dime and taking her chance at about 441gh/s on average. No better share so far (68m since last restart) but that's ok. It'll happen  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
GOOD LUCK OP!!!

Keep us updated on if you win a block! I'd love to hear you did!!

I'm getting one of those sidehack stick;
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gekkoscience-bm1384-project-development-discussion-995675

Maybe i'll use it as a lottery ticket Grin

They use even less electricity so running them on unpowered USB should be a-ok!
Great Idea, you aren't just gambling but supporting the independent miner maker and all the work he has done while not wasting much electric per stick!

Yep! Cheesy

The electricity cost is absolutely minimal and there's future project from Sidehack i would like to see to completion. I guess it's a bit like kickstarting him except i get a little  something from it now.

I could also mine a few cents a week with it i suppose haha xD

This!

I'm thinking the same thing. Let's hope Sidehack can parlay the stick thing into the miner of substance that we all want to buy.

In the meantime, I'm also thinking about running my upcoming Sidehack sticks solo. Gotta play to win...

Hats off to the OP. He's got solid brass clankers, as we say in my family (we're Irish too)!
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
GOOD LUCK OP!!!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gekkoscience-bm1384-project-development-discussion-995675

Great Idea, you aren't just gambling but supporting the independent miner maker and all the work he has done while not wasting much electric per stick!

Yep! Cheesy

The electricity cost is absolutely minimal and there's future project from Sidehack i would like to see to completion. I guess it's a bit like kickstarting him except i get a little  something from it now.

I could also mine a few cents a week with it i suppose haha xD
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
GOOD LUCK OP!!!

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
GOOD LUCK OP!!!

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
Im willing to buy a couple of these... where can i find them at the cheapest price?

s3 can be found for $90 or around that, it's probably better to search on the marketplace, there are many good deal for old miners
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
So here goes. For the next YEAR I'll be solo mininng with an old S3 (actually have already been for a couple of weeks) running about 418 - 450ghs (seasonally adjusted). As of today the best share is 1,816,484,083. Only 49,000,000,000 off! LOL!

I turned off my miners for the summer except a few usb sticks and one S3+ which I solo mine.  My best share on the S3+ so far is about what you have there, 1.8G.  Good luck! 

Code:
{"hashrate1m": "534G", "hashrate5m": "491G", "hashrate1hr": "510G", "hashrate1d": "484G", "hashrate7d": "439G", "lastupdate": 1437672803, "workers": 1, "bestshare": 243605588.35215861}
A couple of what? Powered hubs? You can get them off Ebay and Amazon for less than 15 bucks now.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Im willing to buy a couple of these... where can i find them at the cheapest price?
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/
i would, but i think using my little usb miners (5 ghs) is too little, even with some irish luck Wink
Not much electric cost on these, I say just add em to a pi if you have an extra one and roll the dice! It probably won't lead to anything but worth a shot!
havent got a pi to spare Sad but i might just run them off my main pc Cheesy
i would, but i think using my little usb miners (5 ghs) is too little, even with some irish luck Wink

All it takes is one hash  Cheesy
May as well buy your ticket and let 'er rip!
Pages:
Jump to: