Pages:
Author

Topic: solved - page 3. (Read 13541 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 22
January 06, 2019, 05:02:57 PM

NEVER EVER trust someone else with your keys or rely on 2FA.

1 person getting scammed is bad......  A company closing/folding and being responsible for large amounts bitcoin that affects tons of customers is much worse!!!

"Not your keys, not your bitcoins" Did we learn nothing from Proof of Keys or Andreas?

Other companies that offer this:
-Denarium
-Infinitum

Be aware!!!

not my business but seems like minerjones were always right.
not your private key not your coin.
if that guy drbitcoinve managed to take money from op and also sweep his coin with some old infos, that would be some new 200iq scam...
i don't know who is right and who is not, its not my business also, but if coin being resold as op is claiming, isnt the right thing for the one who help from your website coin to be used to require valid up-to-date proofs.
it doesn't matter who can verify itself with his id, that's not even allowed and i am not sure do you have legal rights to request id's but, isn't that coin is verified by 2fa and few other details?
i don't know that's why i am asking, don't get me wrong.
because if the very first original owner of coin re-sell it and then try to scam it out using old infos for that, then that's huge security whole in your system and allow original coin owners to scam any buyer.

Activity: 366
Merit: 258
January 06, 2019, 04:38:11 PM
To Clarify this thread for everyone reading and give a bit of the back story, Pichotklasa is attempting a fishing scam and trying to claim ownership of a coin that he does not have possession of.

As a refresher, Titan Bitcoins were originally offered in 2 flavors:

1. Private key - in which the BTC private key was included underneath the hologram

2. 2-Factor-Authenticated - in which user's registered ownership on Titan's website and an additional ownership is required before redemption of the coin's BTC value

The coin in question was a 2FA coin.  We discontinued offering 2FA coins after a year or two, partly because it created an incentive for scammers like Pichotklasa to try to impersonate actual coin owners.

In this case, Pichotklasa went so far as to setup a fake telegram account to chat with the coin owner and attempt to mislead the coin owner, as well as emailing the owner directly and impersonating myself and fabricating additional Titan Mint employees.

Ultimately I was able to communicate with the actual owner and verify both their identity and that they currently owned the coin in question, and the value was redeemed as intended.  

We have humans in the loop for redeeming these 2FA coins and we are careful to ensure that BTC is never transferred to malicious bad actors like Pichotklasa.  Email is best for resolving any security questions.  [email protected].

legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072
quack
January 06, 2019, 04:00:23 PM
Because based on the situation, he wanted to scam me for my money, and also use the value inside the coin.
Why you asking dumb obvious questions.
A scammer will always find a best way to scam.
And that's a double way of scam if he can do it.
Money from me, and if he trick somehow TitanBTC to sweep the coin without the email and password, he get double.
Which part is not easy for you to understand and why you need to understand consider you are not form TitanBTC and your understanding is useless for me ?
Yes he gaved me all the infos about the coin 2fa, I changed the password and email and secured everything except the physical bitcoin which is only a metal.
I already explained that few times.

You bought the coin knowing that the redeem code sealed by the hologram was not intact?
legendary
quack
January 06, 2019, 03:38:31 PM
Ofc not, it was peeled because he gaved me the infos and promised me to give me the physical coin later.
But seems like you don't like to read.
TitanBTC claim only the person who have the full infos can claim the coin.
The previous owner don't have the email and password of the coin.
Also the coin appear to be funded on their website but I can't sweep it.
Waiting TitanBTC to answer

So you bought a peeled coin and tried to redeem it?

I'm trying to understand this situation, but it's not too easy.

The previous owner don't have the email and password of the coin.

Why did the previous owner peel the coin and then sell it as unredeemed?
legendary
quack
January 06, 2019, 03:17:34 PM
There is 2FA on it, and it is registered  to my email with my password.
Consider he's the one  who sold me that coin, obviously it is the same coin.

Did you peel the coin yourself? Peeled the coin to access the unique redeem key under the hologram?
legendary
quack
January 06, 2019, 01:16:09 PM
Did you peel the coin? Are you sure it's the same coin as drbitcoinve said he peeled?

Edits:
Now reading TitanBTC sales thread again...
Is there a private key on the physical coin at all?

Just a reminder, these are available in 2 versions:

"2-factor Authenticated" (Each coin is registered to an email address, which can be changed at anytime.  Access to the email is required to redeem)

-OR-

"Private Key included" (Just like Casascius coins, the only copy of the 30-digit private key is included underneath the hologram)

This sounds like there's nothing "real" attached to the physical coin when choosing the "2-factor Authenticated" option. Doesn't sound like 2fa to me if there's only a single factor... And the "redeem code" doesn't really make it 2fa, but just 1fa.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
January 06, 2019, 07:35:33 AM
solved
Pages:
Jump to: