Pages:
Author

Topic: Some IEOs could also turn out to be scam - page 5. (Read 13096 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 255
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
September 18, 2019, 10:51:19 AM
As an investor, i cannot participate in IEO conducted by small and new exchanges. The main reason why IEOs are preferred to ICOs is because they are more prone to scam than ICOs, and this is because the exchange validates its legality with their reputation. Imagine Binance or any top exchange conducting a scam project, it will jeopardize their integrity, and these exchanges do not want their integrity in question, so they only offer legit and promising projects IEO. New exchanges do not have the reputation to validate a project, they are just after the profit, SO they might promote a scam project either intentionally or unintentionally.

You are right to an extent though but I tend to see it from different angles; what the exchange which is promoting the IEO does is to verify the team but what happens afterwards isn't in their control thus not deciding if the project will do well on the long run. On the other hand, in order to be careful of not participating in a scam IEO it's better done on prominent exchanges which will try their best to ensure their integrity isn't questioned; and so far, IEOs on major exchanges have proven to be a success.
Activity: 263
Merit: 1
September 18, 2019, 10:13:29 AM
As an investor, i cannot participate in IEO conducted by small and new exchanges. The main reason why IEOs are preferred to ICOs is because they are more prone to scam than ICOs, and this is because the exchange validates its legality with their reputation. Imagine Binance or any top exchange conducting a scam project, it will jeopardize their integrity, and these exchanges do not want their integrity in question, so they only offer legit and promising projects IEO. New exchanges do not have the reputation to validate a project, they are just after the profit, SO they might promote a scam project either intentionally or unintentionally.
ieo lose their relevance already, look at the latest IEO balance, they give no higher than x1, I think it is not necessary to rely heavily on the fact that with ieo you can earn good money.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 102
September 18, 2019, 10:08:40 AM
of course IEO could also turn scam especially if they are in new exchanges because they can easily listed. Not all IEOs are successful so do your own research before to invest if you don't like to waste your money.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
September 18, 2019, 10:07:49 AM
Nothing is definitely safe. But nonetheless, the percentage of IEO projects is still less deceptive than ICO projects, to learn good projects and investments is a process.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 100
Vave.com
September 18, 2019, 09:46:59 AM
as use with coverage of customs on offers as developer to work on entrance with field of exchange on business with the ico scheme of release with initial offers of reference for investors and more on wider profile of public audience that the ieo on running with the exchange service to deliver of chance on investors to keep as focusing on works with the scene as extending of customs with personal reference of use with technical assessment on tasks with scheme of commitments as
the use might deliver with use as details on investors to collects of more on details with notables of queries on initials as preparing use with supports on attaining with new terms of plan with the alttoken on offers with the exchange.

10c
Activity: 658
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
September 18, 2019, 09:32:28 AM
No doubt you are right. I recently participated in a W12 project that conducted IEO on the CoinBene platform. And in the end, the price dropped to the bottom. Think about where to invest.
I really hope that you did not invest all of your money in W12. this is a good project but it took place at the wrong time. I think w12 will return to their ath and higher.
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
August 12, 2019, 04:19:30 AM

IEO is another type of ICO which is only a tool for speculation
Activity: 199
Merit: 3
August 12, 2019, 04:15:58 AM
Isn't IEO better than ICO?
Lately, more IEO projects are more in demand than ICO... For me, the emergence of the IEO with many advantages, now I am more interested in the IEO.
Activity: 162
U are actually right, I always advice people that the best IEO to participate or invest in after alot of research about the project, team and technology behind the project, it's should be IEO hosted by top 5 exchanges in crypto so as to avoid been scam by all these new exchanges that are after profits alone
copper member
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
CINEMADROM ⥋ BLOCKCHAIN FILM PLATFORM
Nobody is protected from scam, so even if a major exchange plans to launch an IEO, spend some time by doing your own research of this project, otherwise you are entering the risks of getting scammed and this would be only your own fault.
Activity: 784
Yes, its true that not all IEOs are legit, just like ICOs some are just scam. In joining IEO, we should do further research of that project to refrain from joining a scam one. We should also read their project's plan on their whitepaper and know their respective staffs members.
Activity: 1177
Merit: 102
Only the IEO has a good project and is done on a good exchange, which is also able to make investments in the IEO to benefit. So don't ever expect that all IEOs will make you profit. It must be remembered that not all IEOs can make you profit.

Of course I agree with too IEO is a good step where you can invest in a good project. But I want to tell you a decentness way, in the case of IEO select you have to keep an eye on the exchange.
If this is a popular exchange then you can invest there because the trading volume here will always lead you to profit.
Activity: 602
I prefer to stay away from Binance.  Recently, a lot of alarming information, which so far can not be verified.  Although the recent hacking and theft of 7000 Bitcoin do not paint the trading platform at all in a good light.
Activity: 532
Bountyhive.io
I don't believe that IEO can be a scam unless the exchange where they conduct their IEO is in on the scam, big exchanges always inspect the project before they can conduct IEO for them.
Activity: 630
I am convinced that the fraudsters in the cryptocurrency market have not stalled in their development.  They definitely keep up with the times and the development of the cryptocurrency market.  At first they worked on ico companies, and today they are already looking for secret moves in IEO.  And maybe even successful.
Activity: 490
Everything can turn out scam, even IEOs. A good example is the first IEO that took place on Bittrex. Even such a great exchange could not detect a scam project, so whatever IEO it is, always make your own investigation.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
Of course, there is no rule that they can´t turn into scam. But you are investing into less risk form of token sale.
And projecta listed on Binance and Bittrex have the biggest chance to success.
Activity: 473
Merit: 0
MPCX is running an IEO on ooobtcExchange and its partnered with IBM which means a lot some IEO's turns out to be scam but have you heard of MPCX definitely not...
Activity: 646
tozex.io
In the crypto space, everything is possible, nothing is new, initial exchange offering possibly becoming scam wouldn't be surprising just like initial coin exchange, the difference is just that one is done on the exchange, else they are almost same.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz

If some IEO turned out to be scam, then the exchange who list the IEO should take responsible about it.
Usually the investors funds is on the exchange's hand because they bought the token in exchange.
Investing only in credible exchanges will prevent us from scams.
Pages:
Jump to: