Pages:
Author

Topic: Some IEOs could also turn out to be scam - page 9. (Read 13096 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
I their, I do love your point.

I must say i thought the same too. I still prefer investing in ICOs. I just take more time to get to know the project and ask questions. Nowadays with the experience of the past few years it got easier to see if its a scam or not.
What i dont like about the IEOs is that the exchanges get to much power. You need a big lobby and supporting community already to be able to do your ICO as a IEO.

Whats your thought on that?

I think it cant be in the interest of the Crypto community to give a few big exchanges to much power.

Cheers Marian
Activity: 1806
Merit: 2
As you know IEO is trending day by day and every exchange is going to luanchpad for IEO ,so you should aware the ranking of exchange and don't invest in low ranking exchange. 
Activity: 798
Merit: 258
Only the IEO has a good project and is done on a good exchange, which is also able to make investments in the IEO to benefit. So don't ever expect that all IEOs will make you profit. It must be remembered that not all IEOs can make you profit.

I beg to disagreed with you dude it is because, I found out that not all IEO are good and it is also depend on the exchange too.
I've seen this when some IEO used Latoken where once the coins listed to their platform before end of the the volume turn into zero
where the coins was turn into dead coin.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
I also think that there are also chances that IEOs could turn out to be a scam intentionally or unintentionally. But I also wanted to play safe if I am not sure of something that is why I will still prefer to be on big exchanges like Binance. But I'm not really scared of trying things out especially when I have enough research.
Activity: 980
Merit: 256
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
IEO can also be scammers. But this is only if they were conducted on small exchanges. Of those IEO that I saw on large and well-known exchanges, all projects turned out to be normal and working.
Phishing projects only have the opportunity to be listed on bad exchange because those projects will not help us earn good profits. I only believe in the top 10 best exchanges appearing at CMC to consider investing in the IEO because most of these exchanges have very strict policies in listing a new IEO project and always protecting the invester if the project has a scam sign. Until now, Binance has been very successful in calling IEO capital and has not disappointed me when investing in these projects.
Activity: 784
Merit: 21
Yes it is possible that IEO project can turn to be scam so its better to always investigate any IEO project before investing and do not invest in IEO projects from new exchanges because it will be more easier for scammers to build new exchanges just to scam investors
Activity: 115
Merit: 0
as i notice IEO is Not good choice for investment look at this in IEO company sale very low supply in IEO sale Not everyone get chance to buy the coin. you need to hold native coin of the Exchange to take part in IEO. and You Get a Ticket In Which you redeem the tickets the the quantity of coin depend on the tickets you have.
Activity: 291
Merit: 20
I love my wife and my little girl
even the IEO can also be a scam. when the team from the project only makes money, they can take advantage of sales that occur in the IEO. well, it's just that I think we can reduce the risk by choosing the IEO based on the market.
I don't really understand what you implied by mentioning about market, but IMO whichever IEOs investors can join and buy easily are risky IEOs. Good, high quality and potential profitable IEOs come from big and reputable exchanges are really really hard to join. If you are small investors, and don't have rights to buy pre-IEOs, you will hardly to buy, even just small amount. In contrast, IEOs from newborn, shitty exchanges are much easier to buy, but extremely risky because they might end with dramatic losses in values. Briefly, the level of easiness when you join IEOs somehow tell you the fact that exchanges behind such IEOs are good or bad.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 500
IEO can also be scammers. But this is only if they were conducted on small exchanges. Of those IEO that I saw on large and well-known exchanges, all projects turned out to be normal and working.
That is the difference if the IEO is done in large and small markets. So if you are confused about investing in the IEO. Of course look for IEO in the big market. Of course with that you will get confidence that the project is good and develops in the future.
even the IEO can also be a scam. when the team from the project only makes money, they can take advantage of sales that occur in the IEO. well, it's just that I think we can reduce the risk by choosing the IEO based on the market.
Activity: 291
Merit: 20
I love my wife and my little girl
That is the difference if the IEO is done in large and small markets. So if you are confused about investing in the IEO. Of course look for IEO in the big market. Of course with that you will get confidence that the project is good and develops in the future.
What are differences between large and small markets? And how such small and large markets affect on success of IEOs? I thought IEOs depend on exchanges that run IEOs themselves. How they develop their platforms? How they support their customers? How much their daily liquidity are? How they survive over time in such very competitive crypto exchange industry? Lastly, whether will they end as scam-exit exchanges or not? Therefore, in general, IEOs are risky, and investors should always invest in IEOs of big exchanges, but unfortunately the fact is it is hard for them to invest in big exchanges' IEOs.
Activity: 966
Merit: 111
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
copper member
Activity: 193
Merit: 1
$martFund
For now, IEOs are probably legit as long as they are done in a good exchange but we know scammers never sleep. Somehow they will definitely find a way to creep into IEOs so it's best every one take advantage of it now before the scam fight begins
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
As the growth of the cryptomarket arises, scammers will do rising too. Scam is unavoidable so we should face with scams by preparing ourselves enough knowledge, skills, and emotional control in order to avoid investment mistakes in scam projects. We really cant avoid it but we can lessesn it to happen through proper reviews to the projects.
The reason for scam is that people are willing to get scammed as they will invest in anything flashy and if you combine some technical words that are hard to understand for the normal investor, then they think it is a noble project they are working and to get a profit they will invest without checking whether the said project is a feasible one or the team behind it are legit and so is the reason we saw many scams in the market, IEO are a new thing now and scammers will find a way to get involved in it and once you stop investing money in random projects without any recognized developers, then these scams will stop.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
With realtive success of some ICOs hosted by popular exchanges, now all of the ICO projects are moving towards exchange partnership to call their fundraising as IEO.
There are many exchanges and all of them don't have the same reputation and trust. Not all of them do research before listing a project and most are just paid to list.
In such conditions calling all exchange focused fundraising as IEO, 90% of IEO are going to be scam.
Activity: 210
Merit: 15
The only way for the IEO to become scam is when they cooperating with new exchanges that suddenly emerged, this kind of exchange not all of them mostly cannot resist a big money temptation, sometimes they are created just to scam people in a way of IEO. so we need to be careful when dealing with new exchanges lets just trust old and reputable exchanges for now.
Activity: 336
Yes IEOs can also turn scam because there are new exchanges that are syndicate of scam projects conducting IEOs on their launchpad to scam investors. A project is reported recently in connection with probit and dobitrade . Reference - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scam-origin-bounty-400k-worth-token-probit-dobi-exc-ieo-listed-5147321 .
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/originfoundation-scam-fake-team-stealing-peoples-identity-etc-5150358
copper member
Activity: 376
You still cannot compare this with the ICO era where sales are mostly conducted through the ICO sites and funds are collected directly by developers, currently we may not remember a lot of the names of the ICO's that exited scam but any exchange that consistently lists scam IEO is already killing itself, so it is better as Exchanges won't want to lose their customers because of IEO launch, that is why they should be careful before listing any coin. They are acting as a better watchdog
Activity: 190
As the growth of the cryptomarket arises, scammers will do rising too. Scam is unavoidable so we should face with scams by preparing ourselves enough knowledge, skills, and emotional control in order to avoid investment mistakes in scam projects. We really cant avoid it but we can lessesn it to happen through proper reviews to the projects. So for now, to avoid invest with the scam IEOs. It's hard to generalize all things, but in another topic, I thought that I raised basic steps to avoid potential scam IEOs. The more careful steps we do before investing, the less odds to invest in scam IEOs. In addition to this, upon investing choose the best kind of project like the dencoin tokens. It such a project with outmost potential to all investors.
Activity: 980
Merit: 253
IEOs do not conclude that the project is a legit one. There are as many fake exchanges that will not do any due diligence before conducting an IEO on their exchange so the pattern continues and people are rekt of their precious money. It's up to us to still do our due diligence before investing in some of these projects. IEO does not guarantee the success of a project.
Pages:
Jump to: