Pages:
Author

Topic: Some IEOs could also turn out to be scam - page 6. (Read 13096 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 102
As an investor, i cannot participate in IEO conducted by small and new exchanges. The main reason why IEOs are preferred to ICOs is because they are more prone to scam than ICOs, and this is because the exchange validates its legality with their reputation. Imagine Binance or any top exchange conducting a scam project, it will jeopardize their integrity, and these exchanges do not want their integrity in question, so they only offer legit and promising projects IEO. New exchanges do not have the reputation to validate a project, they are just after the profit, SO they might promote a scam project either intentionally or unintentionally.

For now the IEO includes a trusted way to invest in new projects. But there is a possibility that the IEO will also commit fraud. Not necessarily finished the IEO project, they will be publishing their tokens at the exchange it. It may be that they don't publish there, or slow down the listing process. Because I see there are IEO tokens that slow down exchanges.
Activity: 770
Merit: 100
yes, the possibility of a scam can still occur in an IEO program, only this can only occur in an exchange that still has a low volume or interest. for exchanges that have big names it is very damaging when there is an IEO scam program, because they will throw something bigger and better.
Activity: 672
Merit: 14
Of course, some IEOs may end up been scam because there are no strict rules that check for scam projects for IEOs. Although IEOs transaction are well facilitated , nothing prevents scammers from using that avenue to deceive investors.
Activity: 552
Merit: 1
Any IEO that is held on a scam exchange, will sure be scam itself. Therefore, if you still want to participate in an IEO and since those exchanges put their reputations in the  line for those projects, you can then year your research toward the authenticity of the exchange. Which means if the exchange is safe, then the IEO will be safe.
Activity: 566
Merit: 10
As an investor, i cannot participate in IEO conducted by small and new exchanges. The main reason why IEOs are preferred to ICOs is because they are more prone to scam than ICOs, and this is because the exchange validates its legality with their reputation. Imagine Binance or any top exchange conducting a scam project, it will jeopardize their integrity, and these exchanges do not want their integrity in question, so they only offer legit and promising projects IEO. New exchanges do not have the reputation to validate a project, they are just after the profit, SO they might promote a scam project either intentionally or unintentionally.

The fact that IEO is the latest medium for raising funds for most projects nowadays does not guarantee its success. Aside using a well known exchange platform with high volume, the project itself must be well grounded for it to attract a lot of potential investors.
Activity: 574
That is inevitable considering the fact that we have a lot of scam exchanges who will have no problem listing a scam project n their platform. I only invest in IEOs hosted on reputable exchange launchpad
Activity: 786
Merit: 10
Compared to ico, IEO is better and is likely small percentage to be a scam, why? because the project owner would think that the exchange partner would also.be damage their reputation as Well, but there could still be possibility that it will happen, but if its happen we shall.be prepared for it, i.never heard an IEO scam lately, but o hope it wont happen as it will contribute fear to some investors.
Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com
I appreciate your thoughts! Because it is a wise decision to avoid the new or low volume exchange's IEO! Some exchange has a high rank in the Coinmarketcap like BW, ZW, Bitforex, Coineal exchange but their most of the IEO projects look cheap! Who knows what will they offer in the future? They may scam too. So, only potential exchange IEO is good not every high rank or new exchange's IEO
Activity: 402
Merit: 101
now so much IEO is held on exchanges that are little known and after listing for almost a couple of days the volume disappears, so I am cautious about IEO on little-known exchanges.
people are just interest to invest from project are launched in trusted and big exchanger, if participate in IEO from small exchange maybe the project are ended failed, or in toher case the price after listing under IEO price, like IEO from bittrex
Activity: 224
I guess that's also the truth that IEOs are not so far different from ICOs. IEOs doesn't guarantee a hundred percent scam free invesment, neither does IEOs means investments in a project will be profitable. Due diligence is the safest way to go and it doesn't matter if it is an ICO or IEO. So in my opinion to avoid or get away from scammers only trust in a project that guarantee you a safe way of investing or in trading just like the dencoin tokens.
Activity: 291
Merit: 20
I love my wife and my little girl
Of course. It is a choice of anyone here whether to invest in new projects like IEO or to invest in some reputable one like binance or in other established projects. IEO is still a way to fund raise money and we can't control scammers to find a way to enter IEO. Though it is hard to choose where projects to be invested but taking a risk will always give you a 50-50% chance of being successful or not.
Avoiding promised high profitable IEOs, and choose IEOs from established, reputable exchanges, will help investors avoid as many scam IEOs as possible. However, the fact is not all people can follow the rule and do this determinantly. Sometimes, they turn into greedy investors, and lose money. Most of time, greediness will lead to incorrect decisions, that in turn cause losses for their investors with their wrong investments. If they don't want to take risks and are not able to acceptable losses from IEOs, they should avoid IEOs at all. There are already so many opportunities on crypto market, with old coins/ tokens. I don't think IEOs is the only option to get returns from investments, and of course not the best one.
Activity: 630
Merit: 20
If you do not want to get to the scammers, then take part in the IEO only on well-known and proven exchanges. It seems to me that this direction will live as well as the ICO.
Avoiding or lessened the chance of being scammed if you wanted to participate with this type of investment, taking your chances to invest inside binance would be the smartest thing to do, tough but with those previous results where most investors received more than doubled after participating from the IEO launchpad.

Of course. It is a choice of anyone here whether to invest in new projects like IEO or to invest in some reputable one like binance or in other established projects. IEO is still a way to fund raise money and we can't control scammers to find a way to enter IEO. Though it is hard to choose where projects to be invested but taking a risk will always give you a 50-50% chance of being successful or not.
Activity: 784
Merit: 112
I believe on that most of the IEO turn out to be scam if they choose the exchanges that has no particular volume or investors to buy their tokens/coins, there is no 100% that the IEO will be success if they have wrong exchanges to gain more funds.
Activity: 616
An IEO can exit scam or totally abandon the project after listing but one thing that is certain unlike ICOs is that investors will receive their tokens which will be tradable.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Yeah there is a big chance that could happen. We see last year the whole ICO market is not going well. Most of them were sacks air failed project. They made a ivo scam people and disappeared. Asome of them good at ICO stage but failed at the development stage. Taht all happen because ICOs are at a hyped once. But after sometimes this thing started and people are afraid to invest. Now ieo came to the market and many bugs names are with it that why it looks so trusted and decent. But there is always a chance that they also started to scam. Cause many of them are already making partnership with small and medium exchanges and some of them are not so good.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
If you do not want to get to the scammers, then take part in the IEO only on well-known and proven exchanges. It seems to me that this direction will live as well as the ICO.
Avoiding or lessened the chance of being scammed if you wanted to participate with this type of investment, taking your chances to invest inside binance would be the smartest thing to do, tough but with those previous results where most investors received more than doubled after participating from the IEO launchpad.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
The scammed people are looking for another option in order to protect their crypto and emotions. IEOs are not providing the best security but it is the best available option in this situation. No guarantee for anything related to crypto projects.
The best solution in crypto world at this time is buy bitcoin and hold it or take some times to trade then you will ends up with profit. Let say, an exchange that running the IEO has credibility such as binance and the another exchange until you will give the token that you wanted with the desire amount. But don't you forget how the token will have a future? I mean the token has really will give you benefit if you hold? I doubt no, there is a chance the token will be destroyed.
Activity: 798
Activity: 689
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
It is clear that in each direction will be scammers. The only way out of this situation is to participate in IEO only in those exchanges in which you are sure.
10c
Activity: 658
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
Yes its possible that projects conducting an IEO could be a scam since all of them started with legit impression until some would run away with investor's money or not delivering a product. We must always keep in mind on these possibilities and not be overly unsuspecting on these projects. Vigilance is the key!
I'm even sure that 50 percent of the projects that are now launching their IEO are scammers. they just paid money to the exchanges in order to conduct an IEO
Pages:
Jump to: