Pages:
Author

Topic: Some one used my username on bounty - page 5. (Read 659 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
February 27, 2018, 05:16:26 AM
A similar situation was with me, but I have all noticed and warned the manager on time, and he immediately threw him out of the table; in my opinion, such scammers should be punished and, moreover, very cruelly
Activity: 420
February 27, 2018, 05:13:41 AM
Good for you that you noticed it! I've been to such situations as well. After that I make many efforts to monitor the spreadsheets... Once these scammers have even stolen my article! But I wrote the manager and the problem was solved quickly. Hope you never lost your money. Good luck and be attentive!
Activity: 1829
Merit: 134
February 27, 2018, 04:22:49 AM
Yea same with me on stk bounty someone using my username for media bounty, Really shameless. Maybe to make a deterrent try to look at the address eth then search for the main address and foilla you can create thread scam accusations (Maybe)?. But before it is better to report it to bounty manager first.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
February 27, 2018, 04:13:45 AM
Hi! I decided to say this out because it's really terrible.  I recently joined bounty and upon checking the spreadsheet,  I discovered my Telegram's username has been used by some one here in this forum. This isn't the first time I had experienced it. I must have lost a lot in in projects I have joined due to this evil.

I still have the bitcointalk username of the impersonator. Do you think I should make it known to everyone here by posting the username?
There are so many people are getting the same problem like you dude. So many cheaters in this time. I know that the majority of those are coming form 3rd countries. My name has been used by the cheater to make a duplication in the spreadsheet and changing its ethereum address wallet to receive the bounty. it may better for you to reveal the name of the cheater account and then you can try to get help by DT2 member to give a negative trust.

Yup it has happened to me as well. The bounties are still better since it is managed by mostly experienced managers so I do not think it is wide spread but the airdrops are worse. People seem to just copy the bitcointalk username and profile link and register it on your name. I stopped airdrop participation for that.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
February 27, 2018, 04:07:53 AM
Hi! I decided to say this out because it's really terrible.  I recently joined bounty and upon checking the spreadsheet,  I discovered my Telegram's username has been used by some one here in this forum. This isn't the first time I had experienced it. I must have lost a lot in in projects I have joined due to this evil.

I still have the bitcointalk username of the impersonator. Do you think I should make it known to everyone here by posting the username?
There are so many people are getting the same problem like you dude. So many cheaters in this time. I know that the majority of those are coming form 3rd countries. My name has been used by the cheater to make a duplication in the spreadsheet and changing its ethereum address wallet to receive the bounty. it may better for you to reveal the name of the cheater account and then you can try to get help by DT2 member to give a negative trust.
Activity: 182
Merit: 19
February 26, 2018, 02:14:51 PM

Do not mind them and report it to the manager so these people would be banned from these campaigns,these people wont stop doing this kind of things until they are caught and banned,if you dont take actions they wont stop using your telegra account.These people deserves to have red trust or negative feedbacks from the DT members so they can participate any campaigns.
Activity: 588
February 26, 2018, 02:11:46 PM
This is very outrageous, this situation is unambiguous to be brought to the bounty of the project manager and as a result this person should be banned in this company bounty, and if they continue to do the same, then this person will probably be banned, you just have to be active on this attitude.
Activity: 196
Merit: 6
https://cryptotvplus.com
February 26, 2018, 02:06:53 PM
How can somebody steal your telegram account? it's sounds weird. I think the telegram account is related to the phone number you used when u sign up.
it is not?  Wink .
I saw some scammers who are trying to get bounty rewards like this.

You are misunderstanding. The impostor didnt steal my TG account, rather he used my TG username to join a bounty.
Activity: 1358
February 26, 2018, 01:15:46 PM
the only you can do is to report the campaign manager to delete that impostor in the spreadsheet, same like happened to me that someone using my username in telegram that I joined telegram bounty but the campaign manager painted red that impostor so I'm glad that he is always active.
Activity: 630
Merit: 104
February 26, 2018, 11:08:53 AM
How can somebody steal your telegram account? it's sounds weird. I think the telegram account is related to the phone number you used when u sign up.
it is not?  Wink .
I saw some scammers who are trying to get bounty rewards like this.
Activity: 134
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 10:56:47 AM
This is terrible indeed. What the fuck.?
This is embarrassing to real user who expect at the end to have reward beside its name but the problem it was impersonated. I think this is also a lesson for me. Thanks for your experienced. Hope that it will be fix soon. Good luck.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
February 26, 2018, 10:51:22 AM
Yes, you should report it to the bounty manager. It's an act of condemnation.
Then you will also send the link to the BCT account to the bounty manager, and he will not be allowed to participate in any of the bounty threads.
Activity: 679
Merit: 102
February 26, 2018, 10:42:47 AM
There is a lot of people do that to earn more money so if I were you I will use my telegram username the same on my bitcointalk so I have a proof that my username on telegram was stolen by someone else, and you have a big proof to complain it, it is happen to me many times my identity was always stolen in some greedy people and sometimes i was highlight in red because of double entry but I always complaining because I didn't do multiple accounts.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
February 26, 2018, 10:30:32 AM
You should first report to the bounty manager, then you send a PM to the pretender and warn them they have been wrong. I think that person will not dare to repeat.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
February 26, 2018, 10:17:35 AM
Hi! I decided to say this out because it's really terrible.  I recently joined bounty and upon checking the spreadsheet,  I discovered my Telegram's username has been used by some one here in this forum. This isn't the first time I had experienced it. I must have lost a lot in in projects I have joined due to this evil.

Unfortunately that is quite common, and usually bounty managers request that you place your profile link and your ethereum address on your "location" entry, in your profile. This way, even if someone uses your username, the bounty manager will use the address listed in that entry, and not the one provided. Of course that not all bounty managers do this, so you should report it. Usually they use accounts with higher ranks, but I guess that they will just use anything, since it' free money, and they don't have anything to lose.
Activity: 630
Merit: 123
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
February 26, 2018, 10:01:54 AM
Scammers are everywhere. Even in bounty programes you can find scammers, with me happened the same situation, so don't worry about that just let to know to the bounty team.
Activity: 280
Merit: 107
February 26, 2018, 09:57:11 AM
Thanks I really appreciate your responses. I immediately contacted the bounty manager once I saw it though till now he still hasn't responded.

Indeed this person has to be reported.

Thanks Guys

So about this cheater... do you have his/her username? If you have, I think you can post that username (or profile link) here.
Activity: 272
Merit: 1
"simply getting the job done"
February 26, 2018, 09:55:24 AM
I think the first thing to do as advised by several others is to report to the bounty manager with all evidence laying claim to your account. However, if you wish to teach such person a lesson, you can lay claim to the account by asking the Bounty manager to change the ETH address to yours because your account was hacked into and it has been compromised.
Activity: 459
Merit: 117
February 26, 2018, 09:53:07 AM
Terrible to see what people will do for a few bucks. Hope that the user gets what he deserves.
You have no idea mate, someone willing to do anything for that money, and sometimes its not about the money he get. Thats just his habbit, hea like cheating so he do it. And you cant say its just a little money, how can we know that person just take one other person username ? how if he take 100 or more ? thats possible right ? for example he get 1 usd from one account you times 100 and he got 100 bucks.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 09:52:24 AM
Always, if you find people who illegally use your data to participate in the bounty campaign. File a complaint with the manager.
Pages:
Jump to: