Pages:
Author

Topic: Speculation: New Trezor Product Coming on 14 June - page 3. (Read 926 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Then, it is turnes out that they were cheating in fact  by their previous image
Perhaps not. Trezor's team is at the BTC Prague Bitcoin conference. It began yesterday and will end tomorrow. Perhaps that thing that appeared in their promo image will be presented tomorrow. If not, then I agree with you that it's weird.
The Trezor Safe 5 isn't the only news from Trezor in these days. They have also introduced Trezor Expert. It's a one-on-one paid help session to set up your hardware wallet. Roll Eyes The 60-min video guide costs €99.
Activity: 714
Merit: 1298

Then, it is turnes out that they were cheating in fact  by their previous image

which explicitly shows something  that resembles  a snap of a bracelet on their stuff. Where is it on their Trezor Safe 5 model the image of which they revealed today?

Strange marketing, nothing to say more.

The price is repelling.
legendary
PS
Trezor Model T is now officially removed from Trezor website.
It was their most expensive hardware wallet. I never like seeing a good device getting dropped, but the Safe 5 looks better thanks to its secure element and a touch screen. Plus, it's cheaper.
It also seems that the Trezor Safe 3 Bitcoin-only version (with the orange back cover) is back again and can be bought.

They still have the Trezor T for sale as part of their bundles. You can buy two Model T's for €268.

Seems that m2017 was partially right. He figured out, based on the image, that it's a new hardware wallet in the form of an old mobile phone. It was a new hardware wallet but not a phone-looking one.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Just confirmed that new Trezor device is Trezor Safe 5 and pre-order price is $169, with shipping for devices planned from Mid July to  Mid August 2024.

New Trezor Safe 5 have Color touchscreen that is bigger than screen in Trezor Safe 3, and it has Gorilla Glass 3 protection.

Secure Element is NDA-free EAL 6+ and it's not made by Tropic Square, so probably it is similar like in Trezor Safe 3.

I expected to see airgapped device, but sadly it is only USB cable connection.

https://trezor.io/trezor-safe-5

Full launch video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Levzt4TKs

PS
Trezor Model T is now officially removed from Trezor website.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1296
keep walking, Johnnie
It seems that my version is justified so far. This is definitely not a ring or a bracelet.

In the announcement we were shown approximately these parts of the new trezor.

I assume that the picture shows the left part of the upper edge (1) of the device with the inscription “trezor”, similar to a plump old smartphone, and the right part of the upper edge (2), where there will probably be a slot for a memory card (3). It doesn't look like a power cable connector (there will probably be a built-in battery to power the big touchscreen). The connectors are traditionally located on the bottom edge (4) and I’m sure it won’t be any different here. That is, I don’t expect to see anything revolutionary new in terms of design in this hardware wallet (everything new is well forgotten old).

Very soon all the covers will be removed.
legendary
Yeah, I am aware of this feature, but I, who have had Trezor model T for 4 years, have never even tested this function. Furthermore, few users know about it as it's accessible via command line.
Nothing is stopping your from using it. The decision is yours. You are going to need Trezorctl to use it. Unless something changed in the meantime, there are only two commands you can enter. One to activate SD code protection and one to deactivate it. You can simply copy the commands from Trezor's support page.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 540
Duelbits - Play for Free | Win for Real
They are "so concerned" about providing support for air-gapped and PSBT signatures that TODAY they have never released an update allowing this feature on the Trezor model T which has an SD card tray that is PRACTICALLY USELESS.
The SD card slot on the Trezor T has a different function. It's not there to be used for importing and exporting PSBTs. It's function is to generate a secret code, store it on a MicroSD card, and require the user to insert it and unlock access to their device before every use. If the feature is enabled, of course.
Yeah, I am aware of this feature, but I, who have had Trezor model T for 4 years, have never even tested this function. Furthermore, few users know about it as it's accessible via command line. It would be more useful if they offer other types of functionality for the SD card slot.
legendary
They are "so concerned" about providing support for air-gapped and PSBT signatures that TODAY they have never released an update allowing this feature on the Trezor model T which has an SD card tray that is PRACTICALLY USELESS.
The SD card slot on the Trezor T has a different function. It's not there to be used for importing and exporting PSBTs. It's function is to generate a secret code, store it on a MicroSD card, and require the user to insert it and unlock access to their device before every use. If the feature is enabled, of course.

Are we moving towards the phase of HW where they look more like smartphones with touch screens?
It would make sense if we did. Smartphones with touchscreens are already old news, and other types of phones are getting rarer by the day. We should expect the same for hardware wallets. At the same time, I am a fan of simplicity and as little optional features as possible.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 540
Duelbits - Play for Free | Win for Real
I think this device will look something like this:

Exactly the same characteristic beveled edges of the device. I think that this HW will look something like this (like an old smartphone). In the announced picture Trezor, you see the device from the side (exactly the same as image №2), which creates the illusion of the shape of a ring / bracelet. That is, Trezor misled us because of the angle from which the device was shown.

This is the point of the marketing ploy - to create interest and involvement in view of the limited (dosed) information provided.

Hey, this smartphone is exactly what I owned in 2011, so much nostalgia.

I agree with you, I think it will be Trezor's new flagship, but I highly doubt Trezor will make something air-gapped, they might even put it as an optional feature. Trezor's proposal is to be more user friendly, so I doubt it will be something completely air-gapped.

They are "so concerned" about providing support for air-gapped and PSBT signatures that TODAY they have never released an update allowing this feature on the Trezor model T which has an SD card tray that is PRACTICALLY USELESS, nor an option for encrypted backups like coldcard does, passport etc. they made it available via the SD card.

Are we moving towards the phase of HW where they look more like smartphones with touch screens? See the Coldcard Q (it's not touch, but it has a QWERT keyboard).

I think this is the trend, launching devices similar to smartphones with a keyboard (touchscreen or physical), due to the passphrase feature being increasingly demanded by users, and typing the passphrase on devices like Ledger from the Nano line is agonizing, more or less in Trezor T where we have the ABCD numeric keyboard where we have to alternate between 3 or 4 letters to type letters, numbers and characters.
legendary
keep walking, Johnnie
By claiming that this is a bracelet, you are missing one important detail. The bracelet has the shape of a symmetrical ring...
Maybe you are right, but it doesn't look very much like a ring to me.
It will not be a ring or a bracelet, but the form factor of a regular smartphone (rectangular device).

If this were a bracelet, there would be no beveled edges (pink arrows in the picture).

Any bracelet or ring (side view) has the correct shape.

On the right (highlighted with red arrows) you can see how the edges of the bracelet look when viewed from the side. On the left (highlighted with pink arrows) the edges of the new Trezor HW are shown (the blue line is located at an angle, which makes it impossible for this device to be a bracelet).

Now I was able to make my point clear? Smiley

I can imagine it will be a device with a touch screen that looks something like ledger stix. That is, in the part where the green arrow is directed, a smartphone-type display will be located.
So, you think it's going to be a ring with a touchscreen similar to that of Ledger Stax? Sorry, I don't see that happening. Maybe it will be a ring, maybe a new device with a touchscreen, but hardly a combination of the two. Of course, that's my personal opinion.
Nope.

There is no ring, bracelet or anything else cyclically shaped. The announced device doesn't have the geometrically symmetrical lines (shapes) inherent in armband.

I think this device will look something like this:

Exactly the same characteristic beveled edges of the device. I think that this HW will look something like this (like an old smartphone). In the announced picture Trezor, you see the device from the side (exactly the same as image №2), which creates the illusion of the shape of a ring / bracelet. That is, Trezor misled us because of the angle from which the device was shown.

This is the point of the marketing ploy - to create interest and involvement in view of the limited (dosed) information provided.
legendary
By claiming that this is a bracelet, you are missing one important detail. The bracelet has the shape of a symmetrical ring...
Maybe you are right, but it doesn't look very much like a ring to me.

I can imagine it will be a device with a touch screen that looks something like ledger stix. That is, in the part where the green arrow is directed, a smartphone-type display will be located.
So, you think it's going to be a ring with a touchscreen similar to that of Ledger Stax? Sorry, I don't see that happening. Maybe it will be a ring, maybe a new device with a touchscreen, but hardly a combination of the two. Of course, that's my personal opinion.
legendary
keep walking, Johnnie
Could it be a armband?
By claiming that this is a bracelet, you are missing one important detail. The bracelet has the shape of a symmetrical ring, which means that in the photo the outer parts of the bracelet should have had an angle of 90 degrees, and not be beveled. I'm sure it's not a bracelet.

The difference in size is immediately visible.
Sorry for the picture like this (I had to rotate it to confirm my observations)

This is a side (or top - which I think is unlikely) view of the device. I can imagine it will be a device with a touch screen that looks something like ledger stix. That is, in the part where the green arrow is directed, a smartphone-type display will be located.

In less than a week we will find out whose speculations will be correct.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
Nice one, I think you just ruined the mysterious secret surprise for Trezor Wink
Thank you Smiley I think they intentionally kept a few screenshots to let some of us find something about their upcoming model [assuming that GitHub doesn't automatically remove screenshots after a certain time has passed], so at most, it's probably just a tiny blow for their upcoming presentation... Having said that, their CEO mentioned on X that "they're super excited to launch some new products" so they still have a few surprises up their sleeves Smiley

This probably means most advanced price is coming soon also, that is more than $179 USD Tongue
Unfortunately, you're probably right [I wish they had an option for returning customers to use Bitcoin and pay in installments] Cheesy
Merit: 1010
Crypto Swap Exchange
I'll chime in with some speculation:
  • titanium frame or casing?
  • color touch screen
  • no battery (thank god, no built-in obsolescence... otherwise: crap!)
  • likely more expensive than Trezor T, but who knows Tongue
  • built-in camera (quite a significant advancement for Trezor)?

(I didn't look into their Github, it's more what I'd wish to see, well, not for the price, though.)

I'm not terribly interested in Trezor as long as they haven't released their own somewhat "open" security chip and I don't expect this to happen any soon and particularly not for this new device. And once the Tropic™ chip surfaces in an actual product, it needs to prove its real in-the-wild security first.
legendary
Finally managed to find something on their GitHub repository and it appears that they're going to skip number Four and go straight to number Five: Trezor Safe 5 [archived]
Nice one, I think you just ruined the mysterious secret surprise for Trezor Wink
I don't think are going to skip Safe 4, but they will probably release it later, unless for some weird reason they are only releasing devices with odd numbers - Trezor One, Trezor Safe 3, Trezor Safe 5, than 7,9,11 etc.

PS
This probably means most advanced price is coming soon also, that is more than $179 USD Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
[the darker part in the lower one-third is where it curves a little and becomes narrower towards the end].
It curves towards the end on both sides.
You're right, but I was referring to this "part [as opposed to the very end of each side]".
- Exactly like Model T.
  • I don't know it it's a light effect that we are seeing on the right end of the picture or if it could be a metal buckle like you see on watches and bracelets.
    I strongly believe it's just a light effect Smiley

Finally managed to find something on their GitHub repository and it appears that they're going to skip number Four and go straight to number Five: Trezor Safe 5 [archived]
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
And finally, the dog collar, why not, HW in such form-factor would be protected by  jaws.

In order for the protection to be somewhat adequate, you would need a large and dangerous dog - but we all know that dogs can wander off, be stolen or poisoned, so HW around a dog's neck does not look smart at all Wink

UPD. If this is some kind of wearable I would prefer to not highlight its role by TREZOR logo.

I agree that it would be bad for privacy, unless the logo was on the underside (in case it's a bracelet) - but it's hard for any company to put their product on the market without it being clearly marked with their logo.

It does look like a bracelet, something you would wrap around your arm. I hope it's not some new type of elongated and narrow hardware wallet design because it would look ridiculous in my opinion. Image the screen on the other side the entire length of the device? It would look very weird and become a laughing stock.

Maybe they are targeting a younger audience? A lot of things don't make sense to me today and I wouldn't buy various things, but the companies that sell such products make huge money, which means that someone still buys them. What I know for sure is that every company simply has to release a new product from time to time in order to stay in the race with the competition.
Merit: 1298

What are your thought?

HW in the trouser belt form-factor. Men never part with belts thus  such HW  could  be a hit worldwide.

Another option - watchband or other wearable with  HW capability.

And finally, the dog collar, why not, HW in such form-factor would be protected by  jaws.

Thus, there are virtually myriads of options, let's wait for 14 June.

UPD. If this is some kind of wearable I would prefer to not highlight its role by TREZOR logo.
legendary
[the darker part in the lower one-third is where it curves a little and becomes narrower towards the end].
It curves towards the end on both sides. I don't know it it's a light effect that we are seeing on the right end of the picture or if it could be a metal buckle like you see on watches and bracelets.

I hope it's some new type of airgapped hardware wallet with tropic square secure element
I thought about that as well, but I believe they would have put more effort into marketing their new secure element if it was ready to be released. Let's see...

One thing that made me think it's their new hardware wallet is statement from their content page ''most advanced member yet'' so maybe it's Trezor Safe 4 or Safe A for Airgapped.
Yeah, I mentioned that in my OP as well. Considering that Trezor's main product line is hardware wallets, calling something that isn't a hardware wallet their "most advanced member yet" makes little sense to me. But if you forget about that statement and look at the picture, it doesn't scream hardware wallet, but something completely different.
legendary
What are your thought?
I hope it's some new type of airgapped hardware wallet with tropic square secure element, but more likely it is some new accessory coming from Trezor factory.
If it's not a hardware wallet than it could be another metal backup solution for seed words branded as Safe.

One thing that made me think it's their new hardware wallet is statement from their content page ''most advanced member yet'' so maybe it's Trezor Safe 4 or Safe A for Airgapped.
Pages:
Jump to: