Pages:
Author

Topic: Spending Bitcoins - page 41. (Read 101079 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 531
March 19, 2017, 10:13:28 PM
To grow the adoption of bitcoin we need people spending it as a daily currency.
In my country there is not much I cant buy with bitcoins.
Granted not a lot of retailers accept BTC yet but with all the services available now they dont need to.
A bitcoin debit card can be very handy.

Nowadays if I need to pay a bill then I can pay any bill via a site called livingroomofsatoshi

Please list any reasons why you could not use bitcoin for day to day expenses and maybe we can find a way.

You need to think out of the box what will be the possibilities of spending your bitcoin rather than the cash itself. Well in my opinion, id rather spend my real money rather than my bitcoin because bitcoin changes its price every now and then . And on bitcoin event halving, the price will be doubled again . Im just earning my bitcoin for future porpuses.
It depends on the users, because most of the users here is want to earn income weekly to have extra money to spend and not for investment. It is good for you that you have lot of money to make your bitcoin as invesment.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
March 19, 2017, 09:51:01 PM
To grow the adoption of bitcoin we need people spending it as a daily currency.
In my country there is not much I cant buy with bitcoins.
Granted not a lot of retailers accept BTC yet but with all the services available now they dont need to.
A bitcoin debit card can be very handy.

Nowadays if I need to pay a bill then I can pay any bill via a site called livingroomofsatoshi

Please list any reasons why you could not use bitcoin for day to day expenses and maybe we can find a way.

You need to think out of the box what will be the possibilities of spending your bitcoin rather than the cash itself. Well in my opinion, id rather spend my real money rather than my bitcoin because bitcoin changes its price every now and then . And on bitcoin event halving, the price will be doubled again . Im just earning my bitcoin for future porpuses.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
March 19, 2017, 08:34:00 PM
I don't really like to spend my Bitcoins but I do anyway regardless of what the price is doing. Well I gamble some of my Bitcoins each week, not much though as I don't want to lose too much lol I'm yet to spend my Bitcoins on any goods or services but maybe one day soon I will as I would like to test it out.

Yeah me too. I would like to hold my bitcoin but Unfortunately I can't do it because there are circumstances that I really need money and there is no other options I can make but to convert my bitcoins into fiat and spend it. But I will try to reach 1 BTC now. Hope I can make it.

I personally think that we make bitcoins for spending them not for holding them, though holding bitcoins will give us a profit but holding them for a long time will also give a loss.
I convert my bitcoins into fiat and spending them to meet my personal expenses.
I think every user has freedom for the things they want including withholding bitcoin for their investment moreover it is profitable dude
after all, many people think that doing spending now has not been too effective then they use for investment it does not matter

March 19, 2017, 08:18:33 PM
Spending bitcoins is very pleasant and convenient. When I first spent bitcoin - I was very surprised at how easy it is. And it's nice, I felt like a full owner of my money. Without government intervention and without control.

Spending bitcoins is always fun if you have enough bitcoins in your wallet and it can also take care of you in the time of emergencies as I spend my bitcoins at the end of every month and spend them on my friends and family.
yes that is a fact that it is really feeling good, when we are using bitcoin as currency, but in fact in present time we do not have to use bitcoin and we will hold it for the price increase and hope that very soon the price of bitcoin will reach to more high value.
That's right its good not to spend them right now as price can go much higher in future and if you keep on spending them now then in future you will be holding nothing in your hands and if you want to spend them now then spend only what is necessary and rest should be saved for future as you can earn higher amount of money when price will go higher.
Activity: 700
March 19, 2017, 07:59:27 PM
Spending bitcoins is very pleasant and convenient. When I first spent bitcoin - I was very surprised at how easy it is. And it's nice, I felt like a full owner of my money. Without government intervention and without control.

Spending bitcoins is always fun if you have enough bitcoins in your wallet and it can also take care of you in the time of emergencies as I spend my bitcoins at the end of every month and spend them on my friends and family.
yes that is a fact that it is really feeling good, when we are using bitcoin as currency, but in fact in present time we do not have to use bitcoin and we will hold it for the price increase and hope that very soon the price of bitcoin will reach to more high value.
Activity: 938
March 19, 2017, 04:01:20 PM

Activity: 197
Merit: 100
March 19, 2017, 03:51:36 PM
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
March 19, 2017, 02:04:43 PM
Spending bitcoins is difficult in my area as I don't find any place who accepts bitcoin as a payment method and even people have never heard about bitcoins so mostly I hold my bitcoins in my wallet and sometimes spend it for mobile top up or skype recharge as the usage of bitcoin is very limited.
Me too, lack of merchants accept Bitcoin is common problem for us having Bitcoin and only pay digital things like Top up phone and buy digital card. But, you can still exchange Bitcoin to flat with competitive rate and low fee.

Yes lot of places bitcoin spending in local area is difficult. only way left is we have to exchange it and then use it. we need more merchants and more investors in btc who will start accepting btc.

Just have some patience and everything will be fine in future bitcoin is still very new currency and not many people knows about it but once bitcoin gets older it will find more users who will join the ride and that will be the time when bitcoin will be widely used and accepted.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
March 19, 2017, 02:01:56 PM
Spending bitcoins is difficult in my area as I don't find any place who accepts bitcoin as a payment method and even people have never heard about bitcoins so mostly I hold my bitcoins in my wallet and sometimes spend it for mobile top up or skype recharge as the usage of bitcoin is very limited.
Me too, lack of merchants accept Bitcoin is common problem for us having Bitcoin and only pay digital things like Top up phone and buy digital card. But, you can still exchange Bitcoin to flat with competitive rate and low fee.

Yes lot of places bitcoin spending in local area is difficult. only way left is we have to exchange it and then use it. we need more merchants and more investors in btc who will start accepting btc.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
March 19, 2017, 01:31:48 PM

Yes it's a common problem for all of us that we can't spend bitcoin directly for buying things in our local places. But don't worry it since most of the local exchanges are offering some services just like you had mentioned. It's good to consider that we are spending bitcoins directly for that necessity in exchange of our btc.
Activity: 840
Merit: 250
www.guestcrew.com
March 19, 2017, 11:21:48 AM
Activity: 378
March 19, 2017, 10:30:09 AM

I think most of the country already will accept bitcoin as their payment method and why on your country there is nothing? I suppose that you are not to use your bitcoin until the price is really sky rocketing. But still it depends on you whether you are going to long term investment or just spend it all around. But to be on your country that does not accept bitcoin is good somehoe because it will restrict you for not randomly using it so you can make sure in the long term the value will grow
i think the op want to say that their government, as it is true that currently not a single country have announced bitcoin as legal currency. but still their people are using it as legal currency.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
March 19, 2017, 10:22:45 AM

I think most of the country already will accept bitcoin as their payment method and why on your country there is nothing? I suppose that you are not to use your bitcoin until the price is really sky rocketing. But still it depends on you whether you are going to long term investment or just spend it all around. But to be on your country that does not accept bitcoin is good somehoe because it will restrict you for not randomly using it so you can make sure in the long term the value will grow
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
March 19, 2017, 09:12:21 AM

I would like to said in my country, the awareness of bitcoin is pretty low and there are very few people invest in bitcoin.
Another reason I believe that bitcoin is too volatile for a currency. Hence, company or businessman refuse to use it. As any of you worked in multinational company, you should know that currency exchange played an important role for company profit/ loss.
Instead in my country, I started to worry the future of bitcoin as if spending bitcion isn't popular in developed country after so many years of bitcoin development and market share of bitcoin have been dropped and taken by some alt coin. How can bitcoin become a future potential currency for people to trade.
The volatily nature of bitcion need to be settle first.
Activity: 322
March 19, 2017, 09:04:24 AM
I think that some of us can't spend bitcoin because they don't have enough, they are trying to save money so they can buy whatever they want.
Some dont have enough because they like to invest. They sacrifice their BTC hoping for a good business, maybe you can call it saving too.
Then the others dont really spend because of the transactions.
Thats a problem nowadays.
Merit: 252
March 19, 2017, 08:25:01 AM
In my country there is huge difference between demographic areas. In one state you might cities are cashless while in another it is hard like finding a air dropped pin in desert! So, the thing is our people are far away from digital currency which is physical in nature, some of them even don't know what credit card is. They will mostly carry cash with them. Just imagine if I tell them about Bitcoins what there reaction would be like.  Huh

So, I believe in my country to make bitcoin useful we will have to create literacy among them which is again difficult if you checkout population per hectare! Lol. Well, the illiterate nature of many people is the prior reason for bitcoin being not is use in stores and stuff. I mostly earn bitcoins as way of earning money by selling them at reasonable prices. I can buy online services though but it gets difficult when it comes to international charges/fees for the same. So that limits me spending bitcoins. That is why I store them rather than spending. :-)
Activity: 784
March 19, 2017, 08:15:45 AM
Bitcoin is not widely used in my country nor even known. There is really not much option rather using bitcoin for online payments. I do use bitcoin daily for buying my Mobile load. Other than that, I have to convert bitcoin to fiat to be able to make use of it for my daily expenses.
Since bitcoin is commonly used as digital payments for goods. it can be use of course in online, like shopping online, buying other digital currency, nor even in the fiat also. Like in my case I can only used my bitcoin for mobile load, sending money, and shop online like in amazon.com. and investing in the ico signature campaign.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
March 19, 2017, 02:10:39 AM
I do not think it necessary to impose a spending bitcoin in your region if no one accepts bitcoin as a payment method. better exchange fiat to then go shopping. I think it would be easier Do not make it difficult for yourself
Time will just come that bitcoin will be widely used and I don't think it will happen easy, the massive adoption will take time but massive adoption would not mean that a bigger population or the majority will be able to use bitcoin. Still I believe that in terms of simplicity, nothing can beat fiat that is why until now people are still using it.
Activity: 476
March 18, 2017, 09:29:05 PM
I do not think it necessary to impose a spending bitcoin in your region if no one accepts bitcoin as a payment method. better exchange fiat to then go shopping. I think it would be easier Do not make it difficult for yourself
Activity: 336
March 17, 2017, 06:15:08 PM
In my country bitcoin spending on my personal bills payment is really usefull because if the prompt service that they have. It will bring comfort to me and most of the users online using the wallet options. Now is the time for profitable investment to do with digital currency and we are now in the greener pasture of success.
I am glad to hear that your country has already accepted bitcoin for bills payment. I live in a country which Bitcoin is denied and no one even cares about it. There are only a few Bitcoin stores in my local area but it seems that they are not very profitable. Well, hope that the situation will change and more people will use bitcoin instead of Fiat
then you can be the pioneer, the first person who show how good bitcoin it is to peopole around you. don't wait until bitcoin become popular in your country but get start from yourself slowly , build a small business promote it with bitcoin inside .

the current problem are still on there few merchants accept bitcoin, make people hard to spend their bitcoin and choose to hold it all in the end.
This is a good idea, if bitcoin is not very known in your country, you can start a bitcoin related business and since you will have no competition then everyone will need to come to you to perform business with you, it seems like a good idea that can make you good money in the long term.

He can start a business related to bitcoins where he can accept bitcoin as a mode of payment but if people around him are not aware about bitcoins then he will not get enough traffic in his business and no one will be making payment with bitcoins as they have not even heard about it so how they gonna spend bitcoins on something if they don't have it.
At the time probably the best idea is to start a small exchange operation where you exchange your national currency for bitcoin and vice versa that way those that are looking for your service are either looking for bitcoin or to sell their bitcoin.

That's right open an account on trusted website like localbitcoins and start buying and selling bitcoins and for that you don't have to know who are using bitcoins or not as people who are willing to buy or sell bitcoins will directly get in touch with you for doing transactions and in future you can increase your capital depending upon the demand of users.
Pages:
Jump to: