Pages:
Author

Topic: Spending Bitcoins - page 44. (Read 101079 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
March 13, 2017, 10:04:36 AM
To grow the adoption of bitcoin we need people spending it as a daily currency.
In my country there is not much I cant buy with bitcoins.
Granted not a lot of retailers accept BTC yet but with all the services available now they dont need to.
A bitcoin debit card can be very handy.

Nowadays if I need to pay a bill then I can pay any bill via a site called livingroomofsatoshi

Please list any reasons why you could not use bitcoin for day to day expenses and maybe we can find a way.

In our country too, i dont find any shops accepting bitcoins.Every time, i had to convert my bitcoins into fiat in localbitcoins and then buy.It would take a long time for getting such benefits in our country.So, i have decided to buy a bitcoin debit card from providers like zapo rather waiting for bitcoin payments.

Bitcoin debit is the best option for spending bitcoins as it can be used anywhere either online or offline for making purchases and you don't have to convert it to fiat for spending which can definitely save your time and using it for shopping doesn't involves any transaction cost and is totally free with no limit and I am using wirex debit card since long time and everything is going smoothly so far.
Activity: 686
March 13, 2017, 08:42:22 AM
Granted not a lot of retailers accept BTC yet but with all the services available now they dont need to.

Nowadays if I need to pay a bill then I can pay any bill via a site called livingroomofsatoshi

Please list any reasons why you could not use bitcoin for day to day expenses and maybe we can find a way.

In our country too, i dont find any shops accepting bitcoins.Every time, i had to convert my bitcoins into fiat in localbitcoins and then buy.It would take a long time for getting such benefits in our country.So, i have decided to buy a bitcoin debit card from providers like zapo rather waiting for bitcoin payments.
Activity: 644
Transact Safer / Chase Better
March 13, 2017, 07:32:00 AM

Even here in my country there few merchant who accepted bitcoin here, also people are not quite familiar with it.  But in some other form of payment through merchant who  accepted bitcoin here bitcoin user had a chance to send money to their love ones, friends, and family, and can also do payment in billings,and can transfer money from bitcoin to bank.

Exactly, At present, there is no direct option for payments through bitcoin, either we have to convert bitcoin to fiat currency and we can easily pay our bills. Because most of the merchants even don't know what is bitcoin here in our country also, so right now in the present situation directly we cannot pay anything with bitcoin. The only option we have to convert them to fiat.
Activity: 381
Merit: 101
March 13, 2017, 04:37:20 AM

Even here in my country there few merchant who accepted bitcoin here, also people are not quite familiar with it.  But in some other form of payment through merchant who  accepted bitcoin here bitcoin user had a chance to send money to their love ones, friends, and family, and can also do payment in billings,and can transfer money from bitcoin to bank.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
March 13, 2017, 02:36:29 AM

There is an application that will give you information about place that accept bitcoin as payment system. I was try it, incredible, there is a car rentals that accept bitcoin. but it is outside my city. we can more easily in spending our bitcoin with the help of this application.

Its nice to hear this bro. Still we are missed to reach in this biggest economy. I expect bitcoin to accept in all  the eCommerce site to accept the bitcoin as a payment mode. purse.io is the best one which is accepting bitcoin as a payment for buying a things at there.

Still we can use bitcoin in day to today purchases by purchasing the things using BTC debit card. I suggest to buy spectrocoin debit card to start with it.

Just like me in most of the countries, we have to convert bitcoins in local fiat currencies in order to spend it because there are not many merchants who accept bitcoins. I think we need some initiatives for the awareness in merchants and support mechanism to help them accepting bitcoin. It will boost the awareness in the users too.
Due to the fact that bitcoin prices are not stable, there is a big doubt that traders come to sell for bitcoin, it's perspicuous that the prices for the goods will need to be changed very often. It is very difficult and not profitable.

Traders earn profits from volatility so they will try to encash the opportunity as much as possible. Yes, changing prices frequently is not a good idea in offline markets (which is possible for digital goods) so transaction fees and price volatility would play a vital role in bitcoin adoption in offline markets.
Activity: 714
March 11, 2017, 07:32:18 PM
Yeah I agree that's actually a really big problem in my country also there are basically no local or online stores where we can buy using bitcoins luckily I found a few traders on local bitcoin buying at a higher rate. And normally we don't see any stores which accept gold for making payments so it kind of makes sense.
There are some local stores now that accepting bitcoin as payment method here in my country there are actually working on it starbucks is one of them are other online stores that accept bitcoin but if theres an sm supermarket that will accept bitcoin as payment method then that would be great for sure to anyone who using bitcoin.

Many people can not use their bitcoins for this reason. But I hope that soon the situation will change and there will be a lot of shops where they accept crypto currency
I would like for that too, but with the recent increase in fees and the long time it may take to get a confirmation bitcoin does not seems ready to become a currency we can use in our every day lives, but it is a fantastic financial tool that allow us to get great profits.

People who really wants to spend it will find many ways to spend it either directly or indirectly by converting them to fiat currency but those who are treating it as a pure investment will only sell or spend them when they are satisfied with the price or else will prefer to simply hold them without doing anything.
to me i think in present time most of the people are spending bitcoin for online purpose. because in physical shops there are very few number of shops who are accepting bitcoin i think it also depend on the number of bitcoin users. if in a particular area the number of bitcoin users are more then it is possible that they will start using bitcoin.

To spend bitcoins its important that we find enough places where we can spend them and other thing is the willingness of people to spend them as most of them prefers to hold them without spending them as its an investment for them and if we have places to spend them physically then its important that people should be aware about bitcoins.
Activity: 770
March 11, 2017, 07:25:24 PM
Yeah I agree that's actually a really big problem in my country also there are basically no local or online stores where we can buy using bitcoins luckily I found a few traders on local bitcoin buying at a higher rate. And normally we don't see any stores which accept gold for making payments so it kind of makes sense.
There are some local stores now that accepting bitcoin as payment method here in my country there are actually working on it starbucks is one of them are other online stores that accept bitcoin but if theres an sm supermarket that will accept bitcoin as payment method then that would be great for sure to anyone who using bitcoin.

Many people can not use their bitcoins for this reason. But I hope that soon the situation will change and there will be a lot of shops where they accept crypto currency
I would like for that too, but with the recent increase in fees and the long time it may take to get a confirmation bitcoin does not seems ready to become a currency we can use in our every day lives, but it is a fantastic financial tool that allow us to get great profits.

People who really wants to spend it will find many ways to spend it either directly or indirectly by converting them to fiat currency but those who are treating it as a pure investment will only sell or spend them when they are satisfied with the price or else will prefer to simply hold them without doing anything.
to me i think in present time most of the people are spending bitcoin for online purpose. because in physical shops there are very few number of shops who are accepting bitcoin i think it also depend on the number of bitcoin users. if in a particular area the number of bitcoin users are more then it is possible that they will start using bitcoin.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17
March 11, 2017, 06:22:17 PM

Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
March 11, 2017, 05:59:51 PM

Activity: 171
Merit: 100
March 10, 2017, 03:33:21 PM

There is an application that will give you information about place that accept bitcoin as payment system. I was try it, incredible, there is a car rentals that accept bitcoin. but it is outside my city. we can more easily in spending our bitcoin with the help of this application.

Its nice to hear this bro. Still we are missed to reach in this biggest economy. I expect bitcoin to accept in all  the eCommerce site to accept the bitcoin as a payment mode. purse.io is the best one which is accepting bitcoin as a payment for buying a things at there.

Still we can use bitcoin in day to today purchases by purchasing the things using BTC debit card. I suggest to buy spectrocoin debit card to start with it.

Just like me in most of the countries, we have to convert bitcoins in local fiat currencies in order to spend it because there are not many merchants who accept bitcoins. I think we need some initiatives for the awareness in merchants and support mechanism to help them accepting bitcoin. It will boost the awareness in the users too.
Due to the fact that bitcoin prices are not stable, there is a big doubt that traders come to sell for bitcoin, it's perspicuous that the prices for the goods will need to be changed very often. It is very difficult and not profitable.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
March 10, 2017, 03:06:57 PM

Activity: 289
March 10, 2017, 02:59:26 PM
While gold and bitcoin are often compared to each other in this case bitcoin is way superior, a gold coin cannot be fractioned so that is why people don't buy stuff with gold but with bitcoin you can pay exactly the amount needed to buy whatever you want so in that aspect they are very different.

Agree with you. You can not come to the store, get an ingot of gold and cut a piece. A bitcoin can be used. I really like the fact that I can use bitcoins in many stores
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
March 10, 2017, 02:44:52 PM
While gold and bitcoin are often compared to each other in this case bitcoin is way superior, a gold coin cannot be fractioned so that is why people don't buy stuff with gold but with bitcoin you can pay exactly the amount needed to buy whatever you want so in that aspect they are very different.
Activity: 248
March 10, 2017, 01:59:59 PM

Yes, debit cards, it's very convenient. But I just want to come to the store and pay the bitcoins directly. I'm glad that in my country more shops accept bitcoins. And I hope that this will develop all over the world
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
March 10, 2017, 01:21:37 PM

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
March 10, 2017, 12:09:58 PM
Indeed there are ... and now guys news for you if you are unaware of it : skrill can be directly uploaded via bitcoins through bitpay and you can now buy things via btc indirectly if not directly.

I have myself uploaded and there are no troubles whatsoever and hence I am suggesting you, though you need to wait for a confirmation and you have to send exact amount they ask, which is not an issue for anyone I guess.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
March 10, 2017, 11:18:58 AM
but to me i think people like to use bitcoin, but the problem is that most of the people do not have any access to such shops who are accepting bitcoins. therefore most of the people are not using bitcoin but holding them for the price increase. but hope that in future we will be able to use bitcoin as fiat in our local shops when the shopkeepers will start accepting bitcoins for shopping.

Bitcoiners (not all, but quite a few of them) like to use Bitcoin as currency in local situations, but that's not really the case for non Bitcoiners. In order to attract non Bitcoiners to use Bitcoin as currency tool, Bitcoin has to offer them a similar, or even better currency experience. At this point Bitcoin can't offer anything of that. I am a Bitcoiner myself for many years, but I don't really feel the need to spend my coins instead of fiat. I choose to use whichever option serves me the best in local situations, and that's fiat. Local merchants will start accepting Bitcoin when they have enough incentive. Incentive will come when people take Bitcoin serious as currency, and that can take a whole bunch of years. Bitcoin as it is, is simply not a good local currency tool.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
March 10, 2017, 11:18:21 AM
I am not spending them unless if there is urgent need of hard cash and if that situation arises then I sell few bitcoins and convert it to my local currency but most of them I am saving for future as price will go very much higher in future which will give me higher profits.
Lol I think there are many people who do that, by converting their bitcoin first to fiat and then do the spending
I think the question here is pure spending with bitcoin
Yeah, besides I don’t see the point of doing that since you can find lots of good product in bitcoin or that you can buy with bitcoin cheaper thanks to purse.io, so if you are going to spend bitcoin try to spend bitcoin instead of converting it to fiat first since you will lose some money in the conversion.
today, most users only spend a bitcoin bitcoin they have a way to trade with fiat. Well, I guess it's the only way you'll spend a bitcoin that you collect to buy whatever you want, because you will not want you to buy the goods, accept bitcoin as a means of exchange
I know you're made some other posts since this one but I'm just going to touch on this one specifically;

Most people these days are moving Bitcoin around in exchanges and using Bitcoin to trade and make fiat because that is simply one of the better ways to make a lot more on your investment. Bitcoin operates a lot better as a commodity of sort of digital gold than it does a currency, and while I don't advocate against Bitcoin being more of a "currency", it, in the current state, make a lot more money if you move money with it.

People will buy with Bitcoin once the opportunity to make money on rapid volatile swings stops.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
March 10, 2017, 11:10:44 AM
Yeah, besides I don’t see the point of doing that since you can find lots of good product in bitcoin or that you can buy with bitcoin cheaper thanks to purse.io, so if you are going to spend bitcoin try to spend bitcoin instead of converting it to fiat first since you will lose some money in the conversion.

In most cases, people here aren't really interested in spending their coins. While I do agree that purse.io gives people enough incentive to at least consider spending their coins due to the 5-15% off bonus (depending on the situation), people still prefer to have their coins converted to fiat, where from there they decide what they will do with their money. The fees are too insignificant to be much of a concern. If I convert my coins to fiat, I am subject to a fee of 0.25%. If I cash out €1000 worth of Bitcoin, it would cost me €2.50 in fees. Is it all that bad? Not in my book.
but to me i think people like to use bitcoin, but the problem is that most of the people do not have any access to such shops who are accepting bitcoins. therefore most of the people are not using bitcoin but holding them for the price increase. but hope that in future we will be able to use bitcoin as fiat in our local shops when the shopkeepers will start accepting bitcoins for shopping.
Activity: 518
March 10, 2017, 08:12:53 AM

The process will soon finish. Bitcoin is very strong today and you have to understand that its technology can change our future. Satoshi dedicated his life to distribute this awesome currency and we can not let him down. Our community need to join together and increase bitcoin reputation by using it more and more on the Internet.
Pages:
Jump to: