Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 105. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 230
Merit: 1
Thanks Doc!
I get 120h/s extra with V1.7.0 on my Vega 56's!
They doing around 1690h/s per card on heavy/bittubev2
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
But either way, I'm running the latest version now and still having a spastic secondary GPU. In fact, even on TeamRedMiner I'm seeing something similar. One GPU gets around 1900h/s, but teh secondary is even worse, around 600h/s... I seriously don't know what to do anymore, I'm helpless. Reinstalled Windows, updated drivers, updated BIOS, did everything I could, no hope.

Sell that gpu to a gamer and get yourself one that works  Smiley
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
But either way, I'm running the latest version now and still having a spastic secondary GPU. In fact, even on TeamRedMiner I'm seeing something similar. One GPU gets around 1900h/s, but teh secondary is even worse, around 600h/s... I seriously don't know what to do anymore, I'm helpless. Reinstalled Windows, updated drivers, updated BIOS, did everything I could, no hope.
So, where can we download it?

are you for real or is this a joke ?  Roll Eyes
For real... The dl link on the official page still says 1.6.9...

Meh...

shift+f5 in browser makes your cached page go away

are you for real or is this a joke ?  Roll Eyes
For real... The dl link on the official page still says 1.6.9...
https://i.imgur.com/LJ6NwII.png
Meh...

are you for real or is this a joke ?  Roll Eyes
V1.7.0
- Speed increase on BitTube/Haven/Heavy/Italo algos up to ~10% (depends of gpu)
- Small speed increase on V8 algo for Vegas
- Added new algo CN-Dark [CryoNote]
- Added new algo CN-Fest [Festival coin]
- Added startup monitor which monitors miner startup process
- Added new work mode for GPU hashrate watchdog [--gpuwatchdogdisablemode]
- Added yet another gpu tuning parameter 'aes'
- Fixed a bug related to hash speed monitor and algo switching
- Small bug fixes

+ Performance boost for BitTube/Haven/Heavy/Italo algos up to ~10%, some cards gained 1% some 10%, i don't have exact numbers, you should try it out and see.
Vegas gained the most, also i hope that i fixed the Ellesmere 8Gb cards problem, not reaching max hashing speed. If you had 1k+ on some earlier versions, you should be able to reach it now again but you MUST set fragments to 0 if you are setting it by hand, otherwise it probably won't reach max speeds.
And no fee increase because of the extra performance, it stays at ~0.85%

+ Some small optimisation gained around +10hs on my test Vega56 on V8 algo

+ Added new algos : Cryptonight Dark and Fest

+ Startup monitor, a few of you have problems that sometimes miner wont hang, but it stops on GPU init process. I added a watchdog that should restart miner or run a user defined script if miner won't start working for a period of time. User can define this time period, default is 2 minutes.
So if miner can't init gpu's but the process did not freeze, or hang, the watchdog should trigger after 2 minutes and restart the miner.

Parameters that can be set in start.bat :

--maxstartuptime value (max time to init gpu's and start mining, min 10 sec, max 10 min, def. 2 min)
--maxstartuptimescript filename (run this script if maxstartuptime is exceeded)
--disablestartupmonitor (disable watchdog for miner startup interval)

+ If you dont want the gpu hashrate watchdog to restart the whole miner if a gpu hangs, now a new mode is available : disable mode
What this does is if it detects that your card can't hash (speed is 0), and its not because your driver crashed (because if that happens nothing can help you  Grin ), then it will disable that gpu, so the other gpu's can continue to work and no miner restart will occur.

To use this mode put --gpuwatchdogdisablemode in start.bat

+ gpu_conf, new parameter 'aes' . Never enough of extra tuning parameters, right ?
This parameter can have the value of 0,1 or 2. Default is 0, and it is probably the best option for newer cards. This parameter just select the method for AES calculation part in the kernel. You can try it out, maybe you gain a few more hashes if you find the right one for your GPU
Activity: 71
Ok tnx for info  Smiley
Hello,
I need some help,
I have 4 RX 580 nitro + (8go) , 1 hynix , 3 micron . I was mining with SRB at 850h/s each (V8 Xmr)

I did this to increase my hashrate.
- Custom build with SRB Polaris ( I just pressed PIMP my strap then save BIOS and flash)
- then I DDU my old driver and install new one 18.6.1.
- then used atidmkpacher
- I tried the latest version of the miner with 58 intensity double thread for each RX580.

But now I'm mining at 350h/s each...
{
"cryptonight_type" : "normalv8",
"intensity" : 100,
"double_threads" : true,
"worksize" : 8,
"threads" : 2,
"fragments" : 16,
"bralock" : 50
}
1180/2150 900/950mv 942h per card.

Thanks, one card is running at 950h/s with these setting , the 3 others still 850..
All 4 at 1250clock /2250 memory

This is a little malformed config, you should set your gpu's in gpu_conf :

Open config file for your V8 algo , and make it look like this:
Code:
{
"intensity" : 0,

"gpu_conf" :
[
{ "id" : 0, "intensity" : 100, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2, "fragments" : 16, "bralock" : 50},
{ "id" : 1, "intensity" : 100, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2, "fragments" : 16, "bralock" : 50},
{ "id" : 2, "intensity" : 100, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2, "fragments" : 16, "bralock" : 50}
]
}

i dont know the exact id's and settings of your GPU's this is just an example, you should change it to suit your needs.
Change strap on other cards.
Activity: 105
Hello,
I need some help,
I have 4 RX 580 nitro + (8go) , 1 hynix , 3 micron . I was mining with SRB at 850h/s each (V8 Xmr)

- Custom build with SRB Polaris ( I just pressed PIMP my strap then save BIOS and flash)
- then used atidmkpacher
- I tried the latest version of the miner with 58 intensity double thread for each RX580.

{
}

Thanks, one card is running at 950h/s with these setting , the 3 others still 850..
All 4 at 1250clock /2250 memory
V1.7.0
- Speed increase on BitTube/Haven/Heavy/Italo algos up to ~10% (depends of gpu)
- Small speed increase on V8 algo for Vegas
- Added new algo CN-Dark [CryoNote]
- Added new algo CN-Fest [Festival coin]
- Added startup monitor which monitors miner startup process
- Added new work mode for GPU hashrate watchdog [--gpuwatchdogdisablemode]
- Added yet another gpu tuning parameter 'aes'
- Fixed a bug related to hash speed monitor and algo switching
- Small bug fixes

+ Performance boost for BitTube/Haven/Heavy/Italo algos up to ~10%, some cards gained 1% some 10%, i don't have exact numbers, you should try it out and see.
Vegas gained the most, also i hope that i fixed the Ellesmere 8Gb cards problem, not reaching max hashing speed. If you had 1k+ on some earlier versions, you should be able to reach it now again but you MUST set fragments to 0 if you are setting it by hand, otherwise it probably won't reach max speeds.
And no fee increase because of the extra performance, it stays at ~0.85%

+ Some small optimisation gained around +10hs on my test Vega56 on V8 algo

+ Added new algos : Cryptonight Dark and Fest

+ Startup monitor, a few of you have problems that sometimes miner wont hang, but it stops on GPU init process. I added a watchdog that should restart miner or run a user defined script if miner won't start working for a period of time. User can define this time period, default is 2 minutes.
So if miner can't init gpu's but the process did not freeze, or hang, the watchdog should trigger after 2 minutes and restart the miner.

Parameters that can be set in start.bat :

--maxstartuptime value (max time to init gpu's and start mining, min 10 sec, max 10 min, def. 2 min)
--maxstartuptimescript filename (run this script if maxstartuptime is exceeded)
--disablestartupmonitor (disable watchdog for miner startup interval)

+ If you dont want the gpu hashrate watchdog to restart the whole miner if a gpu hangs, now a new mode is available : disable mode
What this does is if it detects that your card can't hash (speed is 0), and its not because your driver crashed (because if that happens nothing can help you  Grin ), then it will disable that gpu, so the other gpu's can continue to work and no miner restart will occur.

To use this mode put --gpuwatchdogdisablemode in start.bat

+ gpu_conf, new parameter 'aes' . Never enough of extra tuning parameters, right ?
This parameter can have the value of 0,1 or 2. Default is 0, and it is probably the best option for newer cards. This parameter just select the method for AES calculation part in the kernel. You can try it out, maybe you gain a few more hashes if you find the right one for your GPU
Hello,
I need some help,

- then used atidmkpacher

{
}
yeah I forgot that  thanks ! but even now I'm around 850h/s no more  
Hynix 8GB is crap for CN. You need better strap (if there is one)

I have only one with hynix others are micron but hashrate remain the same 850/s.
Someone can share a BIOS for RX 580 nitro+ ( 8 go) hynix and micron ?
Activity: 848
Merit: 500
yeah I forgot that  thanks ! but even now I'm around 850h/s no more  
Hynix 8GB is crap for CN. You need better strap (if there is one)
yeah I forgot that  thanks ! but even now I'm around 850h/s no more 
Activity: 156
Hello,
I need some help,

- then used atidmkpacher

open cmd promt

SRBMiner-CN.exe --setcomputemode
Hello,
I need some help,

- then used atidmkpacher

Well, I just reinstalled Windows. Fresh latest drivers, disabled CF, applied OD settings,... It didn't help. It was running at full for a bit, then the second card dropped to about 1100h/s. I don't know what to do anymore.
Jump to: