Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 146. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
thks for v8 dok.
intensity auto  for rx 550 2GB : 30 intensity } blue screen for me .
Max 27 /32 Woksize  
and rx 460 unlock 27/16 worksize

ill have to lower that then , 30 is good for 4gb Smiley
copper member
Activity: 293
Merit: 11
thks for v8 dok.
intensity auto  for rx 550 2GB : 30 intensity } blue screen for me .
Max 27 /32 Woksize 
and rx 460 unlock 27/16 worksize
1200h/s and no shares per day

Have you read the big red text on the first page that say which driver versions NOT to use when compiling?
V1.6.8
- New Monero algo added (normalv8)
- Small speed increase on some cards
- Fee is now ~0.85% for both normal mode and algo switching mode
- Faster miner startup
- Pools with different algos can now be used in pools.txt, miner will re-init on switch
- Added a new parameter for gpu tuning in gpu_conf : bralock
- Rewritten release of resources on miner shutdown/restart
- Added parameter --forcedshutdown if you don't want to release resources on exit
- Fixed bug when setting compute mode on more than 9 cards
- Fixed a bug showing bad date for 'connected since' and 'average share find time'
- Gpu hashrate watchdog now won't trigger if user is not connected to a pool
- reboot_script parameter removed and added 'reboot_script_min_rig_speed' and 'reboot_script_gpu_watchdog' instead
- Added more logging in gpu init part
- API parameters now have to be set in start.bat (--apienable, --apiport, --apirigname) , removed them from config.txt
- Press 'o' to switch to the previous pool from pools.txt
- If you add 'stratum+ssl://' before the pool address, TLS will be automatically enabled

+ Monero will fork on block 1685555 (that is approx Oct 18th). A new algo is introduced, use 'normalv8' for cryptonight_type
+ Fee is now equal for both normal and algo switching mode (~0.85%)
+ Miner now starts up a little bit faster
+ Pools can now use cryptonight_type, and if the next/previous pool algo isn't the current one, miner will restart with the correct settings
There is a short explanation on how to use this option on the first page and in the readme.txt

+ Added parameter bralock in gpu_conf, it is a value from 1-256, it *may* give you a little speedup if you find the right value for your algo/gpu
+ Removed the reboot_script parameter, and instead made 2 new parameters :
"reboot_script_gpu_watchdog" : filename to a batch file in miner directory, if set it turns off built in miner reset procedure on gpu failure, and instead runs this script
"reboot_script_min_rig_speed" : filename to a batch file in miner directory, if set it turns off built in miner reset procedure on min_rig_speed trigger, and instead runs this script

+ API parameters removed from config file, so they don't have to be defined in every config separately.
Now you can set them in start.bat with :

--apienable (enable statistics API)
--apiport value (port where statistics API is reachable - default 21555)
--apirigname value (identifier name for your rig in statistics API)

+ Added possibility to switch to the previous pool from your pools list by pressing 'o'. If you get to the first pool on the list, and press 'o' it will go around, and jump to the last pool.

Also i implemented a temporary solution for the transition from V7 to V8 algo, so the miner can switch automatically when the fork happens.
You can read it HERE on how to do it.

Basically you set the config for normalv8 in Config folder(intensity and everything else), enable the algo switching (by adding --usealgoswitching in start.bat), and create a temporary pools file, where you put 2 pools, the first one is the V7 pool, the second one is V8.

Set start.bat to use that temporary pools file, and when the time comes, miner will detect if the received job is for the new algo, and will switch to the next pool on the list, which in this case is the pool using the V8 algo.

Also the config-normalv8 settings will apply.
Activity: 168
Merit: 15
When i try to use %DATE-TIME% for logging, It does not create a text file at all?
Any solution?
%time% results a ":" symbol forbiden in filenames. I'm using --logfile logs\%date%-%random%.log
or use more complex construction from above
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
do you there will be an upgrade for CN v8?
Activity: 15
Monero v8 soon?

cast sux

Ajmo DOKTORE!
Activity: 2086
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
When i try to use %DATE-TIME% for logging, It does not create a text file at all?
Any solution?

I got it working if i type in : Logfile.txt

This works for my rigs.

Code:
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_MAX_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
@echo off
cd %~dp0

cls
set LOGTIME=%date:~10,4%_%date:~4,2%_%date:~7,2%_%time:~0,2%_%time:~3,2%
set LOGTIME=%LOGTIME: =%
set LOGTIME=%LOGTIME:,=.%.txt

SRBMiner-CN.exe --config Config\config-stellitev4.txt --pools pools_XTL.txt --logfile %LOGTIME%
To the people with 0 kh or slowdowns/crashes.
Default intensity is too high. Windows dmw.exe uses almost 200mb of vram on the primary gpu and this miner tries to allocate the full 4GB / 8gb. For example you have 4.2gb of vram usage on a 4gb gpu and the system crashes or the miner fails at 0kh/s.
Solution: rollback to windows 7 and disable aero OR reduce default mining intensity by 2 or 3 points on the gpu that is using more vram (use GPU-Z or hwinfo32 to find out).
Please OP, tweak this miner so that it never tries to allocate more vram than that you have on your system. It should be possible to predict the mining intensity based on the available vram. I've spent hours tweaking the intensity settings and still can't get more than 3-4 hours uptime on a multi-algo pool.

as intensitivity is 0 by default, whats recommended for rx vega? also, since this miner uses 2 threads it really does pull alot more electricity just for 100 h/s over cast xmr so far. im 110w 1320 h/s on cast xmr, meanwhile on this im 1440 h/s at like 140 watt which is 30% increase for only 100 h/s

You should really open the readme.txt that comes with the miner.
Also on the first page you can find some settings for various cards on various algos, also some for Vega too.

As with the power consumption, you need to tweak a few things (properly set overdriventool, find good intensity/power ratio etc..), it won't set everything magically for you, sorry.

Activity: 156
RX Vega x6 rig,  One GPU always turns off 0 kh/s with default settings, any suggestions before i just change miner?

this happened with my 7X GPU rig aswell, it did it on all gpu's there for rx570 / rx580's randomly, and since this one uses alot more power and same hashrates as cast xmr, this isn't even an option for rx580 / rx570's at all.

you even not try to set miner config, but have time to cry here not work not work....

set inetsity by hand, also miner uses much thread as YOU define, visit first page there you have info for all
Activity: 266
Default intensity is too high. Windows dmw.exe uses almost 200mb of vram on the primary gpu and this miner tries to allocate the full 4GB / 8gb. For example you have 4.2gb of vram usage on a 4gb gpu and the system crashes or the miner fails at 0kh/s.
Solution: rollback to windows 7 and disable aero OR reduce default mining intensity by 2 or 3 points on the gpu that is using more vram (use GPU-Z or hwinfo32 to find out).
Please OP, tweak this miner so that it never tries to allocate more vram than that you have on your system. It should be possible to predict the mining intensity based on the available vram. I've spent hours tweaking the intensity settings and still can't get more than 3-4 hours uptime on a multi-algo pool.

as intensitivity is 0 by default, whats recommended for rx vega? also, since this miner uses 2 threads it really does pull alot more electricity just for 100 h/s over cast xmr so far. im 110w 1320 h/s on cast xmr, meanwhile on this im 1440 h/s at like 140 watt which is 30% increase for only 100 h/s
Activity: 55
Merit: 5
RX Vega x6 rig,  One GPU always turns off 0 kh/s with default settings, any suggestions before i just change miner?

this happened with my 7X GPU rig aswell, it did it on all gpu's there for rx570 / rx580's randomly, and since this one uses alot more power and same hashrates as cast xmr, this isn't even an option for rx580 / rx570's at all.

Activity: 156

RX Vega shows 8.6 kh/s average on miner, in poo its 6.5 kh/s for 2 hours, thats worse than cast xmr running 7500 h/s because it will show on pool aswell.

you now press 's' and see lot of HW errors. idiot.
Using latest version, i changed to this because Cast XMR didn't work with RX570 4GB and RX580 8GB in the same rig. 7 gpu's.

and here, shows 5.6 kh/s but pool is showing around half the hashrate, going to keep waiting but after a couple hours, if its not better than cast XMR which doesn't even mine with all gpu's, this is just trash too.

got 6 X RX vega rig too im testing on, shows decent hashrate in the miner but on pool? Not yet.

what i see is here is this miner is using alot more power consumption for a couple more hashrates, specially RX580 8GB's ran way more power than before, and it only gained like 50 h/s which isn't nowhere near worth it. but im using it because cast xmr didnt work on this rig.

see what it does.

bittube - windows 10

Update - Hashrate issue is miner crashing or stopping, gives GPU Mining 0 KH/s after a couple minutes. this is with fresh blockchain drivers on rx570 / rx580 rig

it seems to be running okay on rx vega rig so far, but only 1450 k/s on my Own drivers unlike every other miner recommended here is trash also the blockchain one is bad for rx vega. would have to test all drivers for more than 1420-1440 h/s per card.

Either your cards are overclocked too much or intensity is too high.  I have to manually set intensity on 4gb cards because auto is too high.

RX Vega shows 8.6 kh/s average on miner, in poo its 6.5 kh/s for 2 hours, thats worse than cast xmr running 7500 h/s because it will show on pool aswell.
Activity: 269
Merit: 4
Using latest version, i changed to this because Cast XMR didn't work with RX570 4GB and RX580 8GB in the same rig. 7 gpu's.

and here, shows 5.6 kh/s but pool is showing around half the hashrate, going to keep waiting but after a couple hours, if its not better than cast XMR which doesn't even mine with all gpu's, this is just trash too.

got 6 X RX vega rig too im testing on, shows decent hashrate in the miner but on pool? Not yet.

what i see is here is this miner is using alot more power consumption for a couple more hashrates, specially RX580 8GB's ran way more power than before, and it only gained like 50 h/s which isn't nowhere near worth it. but im using it because cast xmr didnt work on this rig.

see what it does.

bittube - windows 10

Update - Hashrate issue is miner crashing or stopping, gives GPU Mining 0 KH/s after a couple minutes. this is with fresh blockchain drivers on rx570 / rx580 rig

it seems to be running okay on rx vega rig so far, but only 1450 k/s on my Own drivers unlike every other miner recommended here is trash also the blockchain one is bad for rx vega. would have to test all drivers for more than 1420-1440 h/s per card.

Either your cards are overclocked too much or intensity is too high.  I have to manually set intensity on 4gb cards because auto is too high.
Activity: 4
what drivers are you using?
What pool are you on ?
For me with my vega rig this is better then cast xmr.
im on nanopool mining xmr and i am getting 700hs more with SRB on the newest adrenalin drivers
with SRB's original kernel

see what it does.

bittube - windows 10

Activity: 62
Hi Doktor,

did you plan to support  cn-web algo on next versione ?

thanks

Fabrizio

No, sorry.

That is very very bad news from you, Doctor (((((
Jump to: