Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 163. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 391
Merit: 105
Yes, my Vega 56s do the same thing with fast algo.  Still no explanation as to why.

IDK neither because its the same code as V7, only that it uses half the iterations as normalV7.
Everything else is same.

Have you tried what i suggested earlier to use 112/16/2 ?

That actually fixed it for 2 of my rigs. The rest had a couple/few cards improve but still had like 1-2 cards dropping off. I'm contempt with that. Thanks for the suggestion, gave me a nice little hashrate bump!
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
doktor - during low hashrate or miner hang events, miner restarts will trigger (not RIG reboot) - under what circumstances will the "reboot-windows.BAT" file triggered ? Can we select via CLI to do RIG REBOOT instead of miner restart in config file? Thanks

Set in config.txt

"reboot_script" : filename to a batch file in miner directory, if set it turns off built in miner reset procedure on gpu failure, and instead runs this script

Thanks doktor.

Added the file name in config file. Will monitor rig.

you can find all these hefty parameters on the first page or in the readme  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
doktor - during low hashrate or miner hang events, miner restarts will trigger (not RIG reboot) - under what circumstances will the "reboot-windows.BAT" file triggered ? Can we select via CLI to do RIG REBOOT instead of miner restart in config file? Thanks

Set in config.txt

"reboot_script" : filename to a batch file in miner directory, if set it turns off built in miner reset procedure on gpu failure, and instead runs this script

Thanks doktor.

Added the file name in config file. Will monitor rig.

Somebody could post a conf file for 2 vega?

To manually set up video cards, you must create a "gpu_conf" array in the config.txt file.

Example :

"gpu_conf" :
[
   { "id" : 0, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 1, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2}
]

Set in config.txt

Activity: 61
Merit: 0
Somebody could post a conf file for 2 vega?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Activity: 6
Paste here your config.txt
Also it would be very nice to get the log file pasted here

{
"cryptonight_type" : "normalv7",
"intensity" : 100,
"double_threads" : true,

/* THERE ARE A LOT OF OPTIONS/PARAMETERS YOU CAN USE HERE */
/* YOU CAN FIND THEM IN THE README FILE */
}

what do you mean by log?

sorry im so new with mining thank you

If you are using the latest 1.6.7 version then logging is enabled by default, every time you start the miner it creates a .txt file.

Start miner and let it run a minute or two, then paste here the latest .txt file created.

i cant find it... what ive been seeing is the log in start.bat

{

}

what do you mean by log?

If you are using the latest 1.6.7 version then logging is enabled by default, every time you start the miner it creates a .txt file.

Start miner and let it run a minute or two, then paste here the latest .txt file created.

Yes, my Vega 56s do the same thing with fast algo.  Still no explanation as to why.

IDK neither because its the same code as V7, only that it uses half the iterations as normalV7.
Everything else is same.

Have you tried what i suggested earlier to use 112/16/2 ?
Anyone else having issues with Vegas on CN-Fast? I have multiple vega rigs that give lower numbers than expected. It seems only 3-4 cards will give the appropriate hashrate while the rest take a ~300 drop for some reason. This happens to both 56 rigs and 64s. All my rigs have minimum 200GB of virtual memory on the systems. It's really wierd. Doesn't happen with CN-LiteV7, StelliteV4 or regular CNV7 only with CN-Fast.

All rigs are using Adrenalin 18.6.1. I have tried all the miners from V1.6.1- 1.6.7.

This is a Vega 56 rig:

https://i.imgur.com/n6lqsoA.jpg

This is a Vega 64/56 rig:

https://i.imgur.com/viULK7M.jpg

hi, im doing 3 vega 56 but srb only read 1 out of my 3 gpus, please help me.
Activity: 391
Merit: 105
Anyone else having issues with Vegas on CN-Fast? I have multiple vega rigs that give lower numbers than expected. It seems only 3-4 cards will give the appropriate hashrate while the rest take a ~300 drop for some reason. This happens to both 56 rigs and 64s. All my rigs have minimum 200GB of virtual memory on the systems. It's really wierd. Doesn't happen with CN-LiteV7, StelliteV4 or regular CNV7 only with CN-Fast.

All rigs are using Adrenalin 18.6.1. I have tried all the miners from V1.6.1- 1.6.7.

This is a Vega 56 rig:

This is a Vega 64/56 rig:

Activity: 192
Merit: 262
Rollbit.com - Crypto Futures
I mine monero with 3 gpus, with srb miner, but i want to delete one to play some games, Is It possible to happen in srb miner?

Yes, it is possible. Use --cgpuid parameter to choose gpu by id, and you should read "ReadMe.txt" for more information.
Hi, could you help me identify the problem,

First, i cant set SRBMiner.exe to compute mode, and I cant get 2khs with my vega 56, even though, I've done per your instructions.

thank you

Write down what steps you did, and what result did you get.
Also driver version, did you use soft powerplay tables, clocks etc.

nothing much bee done on the config, 0 intensity and changing registries and crossfire.
and then i followed your guide on intensity, worksize and others

now my SRBMiner detects 3 cards, and only 1 card got hashrate...

{

}

what do you mean by log?

Activity: 61
I mine monero with 3 gpus, with srb miner, but i want to delete one to play some games, Is It possible to happen in srb miner?

First, i cant set SRBMiner.exe to compute mode, and I cant get 2khs with my vega 56, even though, I've done per your instructions.

thank you

nothing much bee done on the config, 0 intensity and changing registries and crossfire.

thank you

I fixed a small bug with the new --algoswitchmintime parameter, as it was reset on algo change.
If you are using algo switching please download 1.6.7 again.
Hi;

@doktor83 Thank you for the new version.

My miner (V1.6.7 ArtoCash) works only 11 minutes with 2,1kH/s than miner is rebooting itself.

Adrenalin 18.6.1, intensity 0, No OC, 6*RX580 8G Limited edition, Win10

Kind regards

Hi, maybe you should try to set intensity by hand, because the auto setup isnt perfect Smiley
Try with the value you get from auto - 1 for start.

So your config could look like this for example:

Code:
{
"cryptonight_type" : "artocash",
"intensity" : 54,
"double_threads" : true
}

54 is here just an example, you should use the value you get from auto - 1 Smiley
doktor, my hawaii cards are being detected as pre-GCN and kernel 2 gets loaded by default.  If you don't set a global intensity then it tries to use 3 threads.  

edit: If I raise the intensity to 42 then I good get speeds with kernel 2 and 2 threads even though I put kernel 1 in my config....

kernel2 is now for 'older' cards, so thats why it selects that one automatically.
Also i got info from someone with 390x cards that for v7 3 threads and intensity 30 works best,  i couldn't test that i dont have those cards.

Do you have 290x ?

you should be able to change to kernel 1, that setting is set per card like :

"gpu_conf" :
[
   {
     "id" : 0,
     "intensity" : 124,
     "worksize" : 8,
     "threads" : 2,
     "kernel" : 1
   }
]