Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 164. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi, could you help me identify the problem,

First, i cant set SRBMiner.exe to compute mode, and I cant get 2khs with my vega 56, even though, I've done per your instructions.

thank you

Write down what steps you did, and what result did you get.
Also driver version, did you use soft powerplay tables, clocks etc.

nothing much bee done on the config, 0 intensity and changing registries and crossfire.
and then i followed your guide on intensity, worksize and others
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
doktor, my hawaii cards are being detected as pre-GCN and kernel 2 gets loaded by default.  If you don't set a global intensity then it tries to use 3 threads. 

edit: If I raise the intensity to 42 then I good get speeds with kernel 2 and 2 threads even though I put kernel 1 in my config....
copper member
Activity: 67
Thanks for having us in your project doktor83!
Activity: 756
Merit: 541
Hi;

@doktor83 Thank you for the new version.

My miner (V1.6.7 ArtoCash) works only 11 minutes with 2,1kH/s than miner is rebooting itself.

Adrenalin 18.6.1, intensity 0, No OC, 6*RX580 8G Limited edition, Win10

Kind regards
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626

First, i cant set SRBMiner.exe to compute mode, and I cant get 2khs with my vega 56, even though, I've done per your instructions.

thank you

Write down what steps you did, and what result did you get.
Also driver version, did you use soft powerplay tables, clocks etc.
Activity: 6

thank you
Activity: 154
love u, keep it up!
Any chance to create a linux version? Your miner is the best and it's a pity that it can't be used on Linux.

Im not really planning it because i was totally focused on windows from the start, and way too much code has to be changed/adapted and that means also a lot of new bugs.
But hey, i won't say never, who knows... Smiley
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
Any chance to create a linux version? Your miner is the best and it's a pity that it can't be used on Linux.
V1.6.7

- Now providing binary kernels for popular algos on mainstream cards (Vega56&64&FE, RX470&480&570&580, RX550&560)
- Auto setup for a lot of cards improved, especially for RX550, RX560
- A lot of OCL optimizations, mainly on Heavy algos (Heavy, Haven, Bittubev2, Italo)
- Removed --sendallstales parameter because it is now the default behavior (to send all stale shares)
- When using algo switching mining time is now showing total mining time, not just for the specific algo
- Now on every miner start a new log file is created, in the format of date-time in normal mining mode
- Added parameter --algoswitchmintime
- Completely setup everything for algo switching on Monero Ocean pools, you just need to edit your algo hashrates, and change wallet in the example files

+ Ok, binary kernels. Yes, the .zip grew in size a lot, because i decided to provide binary kernels for a few algos, for popular video cards.
I had to do this because of the crappy new 18.7+ drivers, where the compiler created bad .srb files.
A lot of people don't follow the big letters from the first page that says use 18.3.4 or 18.6.1 drivers.
So now i provide binary kernels for popular algos for :

- Vega 56
- Vega 64
- Vega FE
- RX 470
- RX 480
- RX 570
- RX 580
- RX 550
- RX 560

If you have some problems with these pre-compiled files (maybe blockchain drivers don't like them), just delete the BinaryKernels directory, and the miner will compile them for you, just like it was before.
I had a problem on one of the 580 rigs on BC drivers while testing, that they could not handle intensity 56 anymore, but 55 was ok with the new kernel.
Deleted the pre-compiled kernels, miner created them on BC drivers and then cards could run again on intensity 56.

+ I did a lot of optimizations in OCL kernels, and in auto setup for a lot of cards, so you should try it out. Heavy algos on Vega56 and auto setup now give you more hash by 1-2-3%! (tested on 18.6.1 drivers)

+ The --sendallstales is removed and you don't have to use it anymore, because that is now the default setup

+ For those using the algo switching, a new parameter --algoswitchmintime was added, it is used on Monero Ocean pools, and it sets the minimum time that you want an algo to be mined. The default value is 600 (10 minutes), this means that the pool shouldn't switch to another algo for minimum 10 minutes. This parameter should be entered in seconds.

+ I created all files you need for algo switching on Monero Ocean pools, so you just have to edit them now. Put the hashrate of your rig for the specific algo in algos.txt and change the XMR wallet address in pools-algoswitch.txt
Hello guys, i'm triying mining with this SRBMiner Version 1.6.6 i have one ASUS R9 270x 2GB OC.   the pool is Qrl.herominers and i have 343 h/s reporting with normalv7 algo, but i don't see acepted shares, after 1 hour i just keep whatching "Pool sent a new job..." ad nothing more.  what can i do ?

you should use 18.3.4 or 18.6.1 drivers

Is it because they screwed up the OpenCL libraries or something to that tune?

18.7 , 18.8 has a screwed compiler, so no shares are found when compiled on those drivers.
But kernels compiled on older versions can be used with those drivers.
Activity: 158
Merit: 5
Hello guys, i'm triying mining with this SRBMiner Version 1.6.6 i have one ASUS R9 270x 2GB OC.   the pool is Qrl.herominers and i have 343 h/s reporting with normalv7 algo, but i don't see acepted shares, after 1 hour i just keep whatching "Pool sent a new job..." ad nothing more.  what can i do ?

Is it because they screwed up the OpenCL libraries or something to that tune?
Hello guys, i'm triying mining with this SRBMiner Version 1.6.6 i have one ASUS R9 270x 2GB OC.   the pool is Qrl.herominers and i have 343 h/s reporting with normalv7 algo, but i don't see acepted shares, after 1 hour i just keep whatching "Pool sent a new job..." ad nothing more.  what can i do ?

Activity: 3
AVP
Activity: 96
Does SRBMiner support setting Core & Memory clocks via BAT or CONFIGs similar to how Clayrmore does it?
Activity: 756
Merit: 541
Hi;

I am new in SBminer. I am testing miner with Arto algorithm but I am not sure about the hashrate. What is the optimum hashrate with RX580 GPU's?

Kind regards
I don't know whether I am hitting optimal hash rates, but this is what I get on 6xRX580 8gb:
 CN-arto    6.4 kH/s
 CN-litev7    13.5
 CN-alloy    3.2
 CN-heavy 6.8
 CN-fast    12.5
 CN-v7    6.5

Hi;

Thank you for the info. Can you share your config and driver version please? I can't get higer hash rate than 2,2kH/s with Adrenalin 18.6.1 and Adrenalin 18.3.4. but I can get 4kH/s with 18.8.1 but only 2 minute than it's reboot.

Kind regards
Driver 18.6.1
GPU 1340 MHz/1050 mV
Mem 2065 MHz/880 mV
Config for Arto:
"cryptonight_type" : "artocash",
"intensity" : 81,
"double_threads" : true,
Hi;

Once again thank you. I don't know why, these settings are not work with me. System crash after 5 minutes of miner startup. I guess something wrong with my OS or setup.

Kind regards
Activity: 192
Merit: 262
Rollbit.com - Crypto Futures
Do you have any suggested intensity for RX 570/580 8GB and 4GB cards? I'm currently using Intensity 59 for my mixed card. I hope someone would share the right intensity. Thanks

RX 570/580 8GB
Heavy intensity : 56
Cn-V7 intensity : 112

Double threads : true

reported hashrate : 1000H/s - 1100H/s
Guys with FAST algo on Vega's and hashrate drop after some time, can you try :

Intensity: 112
Worksize: 16
Threads: 2

Activity: 57
Do you have any suggested intensity for RX 570/580 8GB and 4GB cards? I'm currently using Intensity 59 for my mixed card. I hope someone would share the right intensity. Thanks
Which algo? One post up is what I use for Arto
Activity: 57
Hi;

I am new in SBminer. I am testing miner with Arto algorithm but I am not sure about the hashrate. What is the optimum hashrate with RX580 GPU's?

Kind regards
I don't know whether I am hitting optimal hash rates, but this is what I get on 6xRX580 8gb:
 CN-arto    6.4 kH/s
 CN-litev7    13.5
 CN-alloy    3.2
 CN-heavy 6.8
 CN-fast    12.5
 CN-v7    6.5

Hi;

Thank you for the info. Can you share your config and driver version please? I can't get higer hash rate than 2,2kH/s with Adrenalin 18.6.1 and Adrenalin 18.3.4. but I can get 4kH/s with 18.8.1 but only 2 minute than it's reboot.

Kind regards
Driver 18.6.1
GPU 1340 MHz/1050 mV
Mem 2065 MHz/880 mV
Config for Arto:
"cryptonight_type" : "artocash",
"intensity" : 81,
"double_threads" : true,
Jump to: