Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 234. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 158
Merit: 5
Doktor is working on a coin switcher (YAY!), but until then, you can try out this one, I forked from an existing project and made some UI enhancements, Pushbullet support, Miner dropdown selection support, and very basic HTTP-auth to add a tiny bit of security when using from external ip.

https://github.com/hesido/cryptonote-proxy

You need to install node.js for this. SRBminer (or any other miner) connects to this proxy and you can switch between coins (or pools for same coin) at the click of a button, and this does not cause any hash rate drops during transition, and you do not have to go through every item in pool list to reach a coin...

edit: I use this to switch coins from my mobile using this, so there's that Smiley I don't have to use team viewer or anything.

If SRB sports an algo change using the job json message, this could in future be used to switch between different algo coins Wink I'm also going to implement coin switching based on difficulty / difficulty + btc value of coin.

Activity: 75
Merit: 1
Hi, there may be a problem configuring for Electroneum pools. Everything seems to go ok but no shares are ever found.
Miner never reports submitting a share and pools never display receiving any.

Baz

:Edit, why is it immediately after posting the solution comes to you!
You have to specify --algo 1

:Edit again, nope still not right, works on Cryptoknights pool but not Spacepools
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Bug in 1.5.9

I tested the max_difficulty:
When reached the value set, program restarted OK but from "CryptonightV7 mode enabled" to "Heating up system" took more than 1 minute.
After that, even restarting Windows, every time I start 1.5.9 it takes more than 1 minute to start, about 1:20
Had to go back to 1.5.8 to have a normal start.

max_difficulty isn't restarting the miner, it's only reconnecting to the pool.
Activity: 129
Merit: 0
Bug in 1.5.9

I tested the max_difficulty:
When reached the value set, program restarted OK but from "CryptonightV7 mode enabled" to "Heating up system" took more than 1 minute.
After that, even restarting Windows, every time I start 1.5.9 it takes more than 1 minute to start, about 1:20
Had to go back to 1.5.8 to have a normal start.

https://fotos.subefotos.com/b9c5ae5773cd7c2e9b02d3d796c9a9aeo.jpg
Activity: 1
How to start remote api ? what to write in config file ?
Activity: 41
doktor, may I suggest to post average time to new job along with average time to find share in the statistics block?
Another one problem - it's happens not too often but sometimes miner gives error - "Invalid nonce; is miner not compatible with NiceHash?".

UnclWish, I have this issue as well. And just like you, not too often but sometimes.

this error can not be avoided, this is something specific to stupid nicehash and their custom protocol.
Activity: 80
dok did you receive the heavy algo changes from devs?

Haven ? yes, i got everything i need Smiley

Perfect. Thanks. Smiley

no i did not, i would just check my monitoring app and see the miner not hashing after a few days of hashing just fine. remote desktop and i see that the miner app has closed and i have to start back up again,  

not a big deal however. the miner works great.

i haven't updated yet to 1.5.9 to see if it fixed it but i will update sometime tomorrow. will update with my findings.

Logs would be awesome for me to debug the problem, as always Smiley
noticed that "max difficulty": made only 1 reload and the second reaching the maximum difficulty Miner freezes  Angry

i need more data, logs maybe if available, cause i tested this option for half day *that was ~ 80 reconnects because of max_diff* and it never froze,always reconnected to the pool.

Haven ? yes, i got everything i need Smiley
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Another one problem - it's happens not too often but sometimes miner gives error - "Invalid nonce; is miner not compatible with NiceHash?".
I can confirm I'm getting this every now and then as well. Not too often, fortunately. I haven't tried to add the manual nicehash option. This might fix that, dunno.
Activity: 29
https://vg9uag.db.files.1drv.com/y4ml7N-y4suxdZZcuAVj14emkARJydoNDGsp0fSOw5KXwlYpTFJihY7jC9ykcrNdyTrV5ikt1G0IwbXEw5MgnnXrUtiJjBf16gvln4Ajm1R4uxW4XSJhTeT7wi_1vRzQRahkkXHIkUj1JQQbR5axcU0XvKWvbXoBjpAU0sD9gMjB47jwaRBx9hcPJKZqogV_J1gQBubIY1_GiW6tqeyPSYogw?width=1024&height=555&cropmode=none
Auto restart miner going wrong...
SRBMiner also have problem when lost connection to pool and only one pool in the list, dont accept command reload pools...
Posto mi engleski ocigledno ne ide Smiley Na slici je situacija od sinoc, miner je po nekom mom shvatanju probao da se restartuje ali je prethodni proces ostao aktivan... A ono sto sam primetio od ranije, samo dvaput mi se desilo sa starijim verzijama, izgubi konekciju sa poolom a ne registruje da je nema nego samo stane. I jos jedno zapazanje, kad izgubi konekciju i pokusava da se konektuje ne prihvata komandu reload pools, pokusavao sam da editujem pools.txt i da promenim pool ali nece, mozda cak nece nijednu komandu da prihvati ali to sad vec nisam siguran zaboravio sam... Smiley
Odlican posao Doktore samo tako nastavi... Sve najbolje Smiley
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
V1.5.9

- Added "max_difficulty" parameter in pools, if reached miner will reconnect to pool
- Better logging on miner crash
- Kernels are now built in Cache directory
- Probably fixed situation when miner crashes on pool switch
- Fixed .srb file creation on every miner run
- Hopefully reduced nicehash duplicate share errors
- Changed the way devfee pools are used

+ Now you can define a "max_difficulty" for every pool you have in pools config. Sometimes it happens that pool sends abnormally high difficulty, and miner can't find a share for a long time. In this case, by setting "max_difficulty", when ever pool difficulty is higher than the value you set, miner disconnects and reconnects to the pool.

+ There is now a Cache directory where the miner creates cached versions of OpenCL kernels

+ Some reported miner crash after multiple pool disconnect/reconnects , not able to log in etc.. I hope i found the cause of it and fixed it Smiley

+ Learned from the previous big mistake with devfee pools hardcoded in the miner, now miner gets the list of devfee pools from http://srbminer.com, so please allow/don't block it on your firewall

Thank you for the continued updates, doc. These little incremental updates really add up and turn something simple into a masterful piece of software.
The dev fee is well deserved. Hopefully you can continue to add these updates as we go along. Again, thank you very much!
Activity: 288
Merit: 1
Is anyone uses old 270X cards? Wich settings best for V7 and heavy? What speed you're have?

v7 530 h\s at 1150\1450 with undervolting and pathched bios
int 30

heavy 230 h\s
Activity: 190
Merit: 59
Guys, can somebody explain what is the story with GPU-Z? What is the advantage of starting GPUZ while the miner is running? I tried and nothing really happened
Activity: 46
I found interesting thing...
As we know 1.5.8 creats srb files every launch... But names of this files differes (they even have different file size) every time. I make suggestion that different speed at mining connected with these different kernels. To achive max mining speed I relaunched 1.5.8 miner many times until it gives me max speed.

1.5.9 version creates srb files only if them absent. But I tried many times relaunch miner with deletion of srb or on the same kernel file. But I can't get max speed... Maybe I just unlucky, or maybe 1.5.9 can't compile best kernel...

After I make next steps:
1. Roll back to 1.5.8. Relaunched them until it gives max speed. Copied last created srb file into backup safe place.
2. Installed 1.5.9. Launched them once to recieve srb file in cache dir.
3. Close miner. Replaced srb file in cache dir from 1.5.9 by srb file created on 1.5.8 giving max speed with the name from file 1.5.9.
4. Voila! Now 1.5.9 have quick launch without recreating srb file and gives max speed everey launch (I hope - I just tries several times).

This can help peoples who have troubles with unstable max speed.

doctor, can it be that 1.5.9 miner can't compile best kernel due to driver issuies or something else?

I have a theory of what could be the cause of this, great experiment by the way  Cool
On which card/cards is this happening?

edit: damn, 1.5.9 is also doing it, so you were unlucky. I started/deleted cached files 5x times and the 6x time it really hashed a little bit faster. This will be interesting to find the cause of it.
I suggested that 1.5.9 also doing that... But 1.5.8 automatically creates new without needs to delete existing ))))
You must find why it's happening and how to create best kernel!
Cards is RX 580 8Gb hynix memory.

UnclWish, I have this issue as well. And just like you, not too often but sometimes.
Activity: 19
much appreciated, gotta try this out. just updated to 1.5.8 recently but i noticed after a few days the miner would just suddenly stop, hopefully its fixed! will update tonight

Do you have these kind of problems ?

https://i.imgur.com/OWzw7Or.png

no i did not, i would just check my monitoring app and see the miner not hashing after a few days of hashing just fine. remote desktop and i see that the miner app has closed and i have to start back up again,  

not a big deal however. the miner works great.

i haven't updated yet to 1.5.9 to see if it fixed it but i will update sometime tomorrow. will update with my findings.
Activity: 5
noticed that "max difficulty": made only 1 reload and the second reaching the maximum difficulty Miner freezes  Angry
Activity: 13
Jump to: