Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 239. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
doctor, check please releasing video memory on closing miner. I suspect that it doesn't releases them all...
Activity: 158
Merit: 5
Hi Dok, actually I need that too  Wink. Got same issue when connecting to either fairpool or nicehash, sometimes got very high diff until 8 million, and the miner just seemed idle.
And this is very easy to reproduce the issue since it is only happened to my high hashrate rigs (6 vega56).
But when tried using castxmr, the problem was gone.

Maybe cast makes a reconnect behind the scenes Smiley
Also there is a parameter that could be useful for you until i implement this max diff thing.
Its 'job_timeout' parameter, you use it in pools config and set it in seconds.

When no job is received for 'job_timeout' seconds, miner reconnects to the pool.

I don't know about CastXMR, but I realized XMR-stak immediately jumps to the next pool if the difficulty is extremely high compared to what you have, I've come across this behaviour yesterday when testing a custom fork of miner proxy.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Hi Dok,

I moved to 1.5.8 for the last 2 days, but I got problem. Please see screen shot below.
It happened to all my 8 rigs randomly.
So sorry that I moved back to 1.5.6. And so far, my rigs are stable.

Not sure with other users, but may be you can take a look it, hopefully solve the issue as well.

Do you maybe have logging turned on so i can get a log file?
Does this happen only when reloading pools, or switching pools ?

edit:

i maybe found something, we will see in next version Smiley
Hey doktor83

First I want to thank you endless lot, because of People like you the Internet ist today what it is.

We have only one problem, i first noticed that hashrate drops from ~2050H/s to ~1600H/s with CryptoNightV7 after around 2 Hours.
Then I could remember the DevFees are also done every 2 Hours, so i looked up and really, everytime 1-3 loglines after DevFee ist done the hashrate dropes.
Like it would stuck in a less efficient setup?

I use 4x Vega 64 with Registry changes optimised.

Lovely greetings,
S.O.

Any hint what could cause the problem? Smiley

It's 6-7 minutes after the devfee so nah, i don't believe that is related to devfee mining.
Does the hashrate recover after a few minutes?

Maybe someone with Vega's could help you, i know there is a known problem with Vega's and hashrate drop.
Hi Dok,

I moved to 1.5.8 for the last 2 days, but I got problem. Please see screen shot below.

Not sure with other users, but may be you can take a look it, hopefully solve the issue as well.

Thanks for reporting, i will look into it.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Hey doktor83

First I want to thank you endless lot, because of People like you the Internet ist today what it is.

We have only one problem, i first noticed that hashrate drops from ~2050H/s to ~1600H/s with CryptoNightV7 after around 2 Hours.
Then I could remember the DevFees are also done every 2 Hours, so i looked up and really, everytime 1-3 loglines after DevFee ist done the hashrate dropes.
Like it would stuck in a less efficient setup?

I use 4x Vega 64 with Registry changes optimised.

Lovely greetings,
S.O.

Screenshots of the console / Logs:

https://i.imgur.com/bBnRvZ1.png
https://i.imgur.com/RkvdKOs.png

Any hint what could cause the problem? Smiley
Activity: 230
Merit: 1
Hi Dok,

I have the same issue and also had to move back to 1.5.6.
Activity: 46
Hi Dok,

https://imgur.com/a/ldXrutG
Activity: 34
Pool reload no working on 1.5.8
Activity: 1
doktor 83, First, thank you for a great software! Very useful and convenient!

Do you have a plan to add information about accepted shares by each GPU? I remember "**miner" have this info, it very useful, because sometimes hashrate every GPU in RIG almost same but one GPU have accepted shares much less than other, so you can identify cause of lower profit compare to other same RIG very fast.
Activity: 176
Merit: 2
I notice on 1.5.8 often appears duplicate shares on nicehash heavy algo. If it's some way to reduce amount of duplicate shares or fix that?

Are you sure those are duplicate shares? There is a mechanism that does not allow sending of the same result twice.
Also for nicehash there is a protection for stale shares, cause nicehash does not like them.

Your miner show that it was finded rejected duplicate share. And on statistic report on "s" key it start to show:

Errors:
Duplicate share.: 1

I also got duplicate shares when mining on nicehash, but only 1 or 2 after 24 hours so I don't really bother about that.
Activity: 176
Merit: 2
Hi Dok,

Is it possible to add feature when miner get diff from pool more than 1,000,000 or any other diff that we specify it will reconnect to pool again?
Because nicehash will always increase diff until miner take time to solve that. After that because miner take time to submit share nicehash server will disconnected. So instead after sometimes miner reconnect I think better after miner get diff above diff we specify in miner it will auto reconnect.

Thanks.

can you please added this feature in the next release? really need it for nicehash and fairpool also because sometimes pool send job that have diff more than miner can handle.

you are probably the only person on this earth who needs this, but ok i will add it Smiley

haha maybe, I also curious how other people mining on nicehash, maybe they already have some solution which is I love to hear how or maybe only few people mining on nicehash and they just accept it.
maybe someone know how to set static diff on nicehash for algo cn-v7 and cn-heavy?

Thanks to accommodate this request really appreciate.

one more thing maybe you want to check, last time I tried latest cast xmr 1.1.0 with driver 18.5.1, for rx 580 8GB with intensity 10 it can achieve max hash rate (1068 h/s) after few second without firing GPU-Z. with SRBMiner normally I get around 1025 h/s after firing GPU-Z will get around 1125 h/s (driver 18.3.4 because driver 18.5.1 don't like GPU-Z).
Next version fixes .srb file creation on every miner run  Cool Cool
Thanks, waiting... Does any thoughts about why all my cards shows as 3rd card name except corenames?

is this happening in cast and xmr stak also?
everything working ok, except that gpu model is displayed incorrectly?
Cast XMR use only core names. GGS detects cards with the same bug. XMR-stak didn't used.
Everything works ok, exept gpu model is displayed incorrectly and srb files creates with that wrong name.

it means we are all using the same opencl call to get gpu name, and that the driver returns it incorrectly.
I am sure this will be fixed in newer driver versions.
Allready 3 drivers (18.4.1, 18.5.1 and 18.5.2) with that bug. I'm losing hope to fix it by AMD...
Thanks, waiting... Does any thoughts about why all my cards shows as 3rd card name except corenames?

Cast XMR use only core names. GGS detects cards with the same bug. XMR-stak didn't used.
Everything works ok, exept gpu model is displayed incorrectly and srb files creates with that wrong name.

it means we are all using the same opencl call to get gpu name, and that the driver returns it incorrectly.
I am sure this will be fixed in newer driver versions.

Next version fixes .srb file creation on every miner run  Cool Cool
Activity: 417

da li kartice podesavas kroz gpu_conf parametar? Ako da, da li bi mogao da probas da obrises sve .srb fajlove, i iskomentarises gpu_conf, stavi samo gore intensity 0, pa nek kreira tako fajl, i probaj pokreni majner ovako par puta, da li ce i ovako svaki put da kreira novi .srb ? znaci bez gpu_conf, tj. rucnog podesavanja.

edit:

i probably found the cause of cached files recreation, if someone could just test this for me:

comment gpu_conf and just leave intensity 0 on top of config, so miner sets everything. Before this delete all .srb files.
Miner should now create a new .srb file. Stop miner and start it again. If im not mistaken , it wont create a new .srb file, but instead use the cached version.

to je to:

pokrecem ga s ovim :
"cryptonight_type" : "heavy",
"double_threads" : true,
"gpu_conf" :
[
{ "id" : 0, "intensity" : 56, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
{ "id" : 1, "intensity" : 56, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
{ "id" : 2, "intensity" : 56, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
{ "id" : 3, "intensity" : 56, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
{ "id" : 4, "intensity" : 56, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
{ "id" : 5, "intensity" : 56, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
]
}
i onda stoji 15 sekundi na prvoj kartici pri svakom pokretanju i pravi svaki put novi file

evo sad sam ga pokrenuo bez gpu config znaci samo sa :

"cryptonight_type" : "heavy",
"intensity" : 56,
"double_threads" : true,

i stoji 15 sekundi pri prvom pokretanju kad radi srb file al poslje ne radi novi
https://image.prntscr.com/image/ELRgqHt0SZ6PS3yQe3Jr1w.jpg
 al pri drugom startu krece odma compilacija bez cekanja 15 sekundi i ne radi novi srb file
https://image.prntscr.com/image/VcAekOXMRR6AT3dUx9B78Q.jpg

posto sam izbacio kontrolu temperature  iz minera meni je ovo zadovoljavajuce rijesenje jer  kartice  kontroliram iz overdivea i tamo smanjujem frekvencije a ne preko intenzititeta.

Jump to: