Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 256. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 729
Merit: 114
Maybe your RX470 have Samsung memory which allow for Hs rates above 1000 without many tricks. My RX580, they have hynix memory, which works well for Ethereum mining but not as well for Cryptonight mining.
Anyway I am not giving up on SRB, it is just that it seems it needs more parameters than Cast and that it is a long learning curve.
Cheers.

i never used cast, but looking at the parameters, how does one set intensity and stuff like that? I don't see any option for tuning or optimisation?

I don't think there is. Cast-XMR is primarily for Vega.  Support was added later for other cards later, iirc.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Maybe your RX470 have Samsung memory which allow for Hs rates above 1000 without many tricks. My RX580, they have hynix memory, which works well for Ethereum mining but not as well for Cryptonight mining.
Anyway I am not giving up on SRB, it is just that it seems it needs more parameters than Cast and that it is a long learning curve.
Cheers.

i never used cast, but looking at the parameters, how does one set intensity and stuff like that? I don't see any option for tuning or optimisation?
Activity: 158
Merit: 5
Guys how to add static difficulty for pool ? is that --diff  option ?

static diff format should be from pool, so which pool is it?

sorry I was absent, saw your reply now. Thank you.
I need it for nanopool ..

Nanopool does not allow clients to set difficulty. For XMR, the difficulty is 120000.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
Guys how to add static difficulty for pool ? is that --diff  option ?

static diff format should be from pool, so which pool is it?

sorry I was absent, saw your reply now. Thank you.
I need it for nanopool ..
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
why do you guys use SRB miner instead of CAST?
SRB does not offer any performance advantage, it is more complicate to set up and actually performance is very erratical, since any time you restart it, you may get a different hash rate, at least for me.

I have been using it for a couple of days on 2 rigs one with Vegas and the other with RX580 and I could not find any plus VS Cast.
Just wondering if I am missing something.

I have never experienced a more stable miner for Ellesmere and Vega.  Besides SRB has a 0.85% fee,
Cast has a 1.5% fee.  Do I need a better reason?  Perhaps it's just you.
Is funny ho people get touchy on this matters.

0.7% dev difference fees is nothing, especially with all the up and down you get during a mining session days long.
Cast has improved its performance of over 10% over the past 6 months, so for me the 1.5% dev fee is just nothing.
As for stability I was able to run cast for 7 days in a row without a rate drop, although I do not need that very often since I switch coin/wallets more often than that.

I don't mean you personally, I mean your setup.  My RX470 8GB are doing 1070h/s with heavy and I never have to touch them for anything.
The same goes for the Vega56s with C7, although I am running them at 880mv now for cooling reasons.  Regardless, best for whatever works for you.
Cheers.

Is your RX 580 a 4GB version ? Only the 8GB Polaris can get above 1000H/s on heavy.
Activity: 288
Merit: 1
test rx560 card
1.5.4 rate high
1.5.5.1 rate low

570 8 gb too

algo heavy
Activity: 417
SRB does not offer any performance advantage, it is more complicate to set up and actually performance is very erratical, since any time you restart it, you may get a different hash rate, at least for me.

I have been using it for a couple of days on 2 rigs one with Vegas and the other with RX580 and I could not find any plus VS Cast.

I have never experienced a more stable miner for Ellesmere and Vega.  Besides SRB has a 0.85% fee,
Cast has a 1.5% fee.  Do I need a better reason?  Perhaps it's just you.

0.7% dev difference fees is nothing, especially with all the up and down you get during a mining session days long.
Cast has improved its performance of over 10% over the past 6 months, so for me the 1.5% dev fee is just nothing.
As for stability I was able to run cast for 7 days in a row without a rate drop, although I do not need that very often since I switch coin/wallets more often than that.

I don't mean you personally, I mean your setup.  My RX470 8GB are doing 1070h/s with heavy and I never have to touch them for anything.
The same goes for the Vega56s with C7, although I am running them at 880mv now for cooling reasons.  Regardless, best for whatever works for you.
Cheers.

YA . this is very complicated. srb.bat have more than 2-3 words Smiley you must study for a few months Smiley
Activity: 206

I have never experienced a more stable miner for Ellesmere and Vega.  Besides SRB has a 0.85% fee,

I don't mean you personally, I mean your setup.  My RX470 8GB are doing 1070h/s with heavy and I never have to touch them for anything.
The same goes for the Vega56s with C7, although I am running them at 880mv now for cooling reasons.  Regardless, best for whatever works for you.
Cheers.
Activity: 12
Hi,
It's not easy to fairly compare miners because we all have different hardware and software.
I tested XMR-STAK and CAST-XMR
SRBMiner works best for me: highest hashrate, lowest consumption, and it is very stable.
I reboot my rig every other day or so, every time the hashrate is the same (between 7838 and 7855 h/s)
Thank you very much Dok for this efficient miner!
Activity: 70
can you explain with english words what do you want to say, cause i still can't read minds ?
Smiley

I am confused with the numbering.

Sapphire RX 560 4Gb Nitro - with cn-v7 464 h/s, but with cn-heavy 594 h/s. Why? Intensity = 0 (auto).
Activity: 417

im curious, which part is complicated to set up?
Copmpared to Cast there is a lot more to write/fill up and syntax to tace care of.
All the intensity stuff, although may not be very complicated is completely unnecessary on Cast.
Also to set up separate .bat file for multiple wallets/pools on Cast is a breeze, you cannot say the same for SRB.
Also I can set a worker/rig name on Cast very easily, but it is not the case with SRB.
On the read me file is written the command for it, but is not explained precisely where to put it and the correct syntax.

Cheers.

you say this : "Is funny ho people get touchy on this matters.
Cast has improved its performance of over 10% over the past 6 months, so for me the 1.5% dev fee is just nothing."

and ask srb dev why u must put 1-2 words in .bat file? you very funy.

Cast over 10% in 6 months? WOW srb start with 10 % more HR.
I have more HR on SRB miner. Cast is sucks and 1.5 dev fee is suck.
Xmr-stak with 0% fee is ok but to small HR.
If you dont like SRB miner  BAY BAY go lose your money on CAST topic and pay 1,5 fee.
I like 0,8 fee and more HR. and i write 2-3 words in .bat file. this is NOTHING not 0,7% dev dee difference.

How many time you lose for change  coin and pool? in srb mine i lose 2 sec per pool and coin. You ? must restart miner and start  other .bat.

thi is very very complicated in cast and very easy in srbminer

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...

What speed you got on RX 580 on CAST on criptonightv7 and heavy-v7?
The short answer is the same as with SRB.

The long one is that with Cast I was never able to get over 930hs stable for at least a day, where with SRB I was able once to get  970/980hs stable for few hours, yet it happened only once and never happened again. Also I see that any time I restart SRB, even restarting the whole rig, performance variates a lot: from 820 to 920Hs, even keeping the same settings and overclocking. a bit of a lottery.
When I run Cast or Claymore for ethereum, I get the same Hs rate all the times.

Copmpared to Cast there is a lot more to write/fill up and syntax to tace care of.
All the intensity stuff, although may not be very complicated is completely unnecessary on Cast.
Also to set up separate .bat file for multiple wallets/pools on Cast is a breeze, you cannot say the same for SRB.
Also I can set a worker/rig name on Cast very easily, but it is not the case with SRB.
On the read me file is written the command for it, but is not explained precisely where to put it and the correct syntax.

Cheers.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
After a bit of playing with frequencies, I get with crypto heavy 2120H/s

3X RX570 with ETH bios mod.

1180C/2130M. I = 45. I can't tweak my display GPU frequencies, it's blocked at 1180MHz core (loosing at least 100H/s). Can't flash the bios because of win 10 build 1803 that hates ATIflash.
1240C/2040M. I = 59
1240C/2040M. I = 59
Power at wall: 330W

Once you manage to get SRB stable, the hasrate seems to be rocks stable (less than 1% margin).

I briefly tried other miners, there were much slower and had issues launching my display GPU.

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...

Hello Doc,

Thank you for the wonderful miner.

I've upgraded two of my Vega64 rigs from 8 to 10 cards per rig, and had to ditch the blockchain driver in order to support 10 cards.
With the new driver xmr-stak is not performing so well as with the blockchain driver, and I made a test between xmr-stak, cast-xmr and srb.

The results are excellent in favor of the SRB:

10 x Vega64 1408/950 GPU & 1100/950 MEM:

srb miner - 20100 h/s - 0.85% fee = 19930 total  
xmr-stak - 19454 h/s - 0% fee (I'm compiling my version with the dev fee removed, as 2% default is a bit high) = 19454 total
cast-xmr - 19900 h/s - 1.5% fee = 19600 total

Also from the 3 miners only SRB continued to mine with 1 card crashed (with 9 of 10 cards), and the bus ID reorder made it very easily to find which card is this and to tune its mem down a bit.

So I want to thank you and congratulate you for the excellent miner. You also have a very reasonable dev fee so I'm planning to deploy the miner on all of my rigs.

I have the following feature request, that I will be very happy, if it could be addressed.
Is it possible to add a pool priority (xmr stak has this option) so if the primary pool fails and the miner switches to the secondary pool, the miner to start to mine to the primary pool again when it's up again?
Easy walkaround could be if that's hard to implement, to enable a scheduled pool reload  (at this moment at the reload, the miner connects to the primary pool if it's not connected).

Regards

Hi and thank you for the kind words  Smiley

The feature you want is on the wishlist and soon it will be implemented, possibly in the next version.

Activity: 4
Hello Doc,

Thank you for the wonderful miner.

I've upgraded two of my Vega64 rigs from 8 to 10 cards per rig, and had to ditch the blockchain driver in order to support 10 cards.
With the new driver xmr-stak is not performing so well as with the blockchain driver, and I made a test between xmr-stak, cast-xmr and srb.

The results are excellent in favor of the SRB:

10 x Vega64 1408/950 GPU & 1100/950 MEM:

srb miner - 20100 h/s - 0.85% fee = 19930 total  
xmr-stak - 19454 h/s - 0% fee (I'm compiling my version with the dev fee removed, as 2% default is a bit high) = 19454 total
cast-xmr - 19900 h/s - 1.5% fee = 19600 total

Also from the 3 miners only SRB continued to mine with 1 card crashed (with 9 of 10 cards), and the bus ID reorder made it very easily to find which card is this and to tune its mem down a bit.

So I want to thank you and congratulate you for the excellent miner. You also have a very reasonable dev fee so I'm planning to deploy the miner on all of my rigs.

I have the following feature request, that I will be very happy, if it could be addressed.
Is it possible to add a pool priority (xmr stak has this option) so if the primary pool fails and the miner switches to the secondary pool, the miner to start to mine to the primary pool again when it's up again?
Easy walkaround could be if that's hard to implement, to enable a scheduled pool reload  (at this moment at the reload, the miner connects to the primary pool if it's not connected).

Regards
Jump to: