Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 251. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Hi Doc!

Good news!
Did you make something to the code???
I have a small increase in hashrate with the last version!

You may find it at least!
Keep up!

Greetings

yes, but i measured an increase of max 0.5% on 580 8g, don't know maybe some other cards got more boost  Cool
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
is there a "ideal scenario" to run GPU-Z? I noticed a hashrate drop while running.

For who had success doing this: what you did? What version? Running gpu-z.exe -minimized? How can I minetize the procedure?

In my personal experience, I had same cards with same mem type and same OC settings, yet some did 950 h/s, some did, 980, some did 1020. When I shut down the miner and I restarted, this time a card would randomly work at 950, although it could be 1030 the previous run. By chance, I read here that someone had their hash rate increase when GPU-Z was turned on and he looped through each card.

In my case, no such thing is necessary. I just fire it up, and it "fixes" hash rates in 1-2 minutes. It fixes the hash rate fall from switching pools in a few minutes in the same manner.

I have 13 cards running, win 10, adrenaline drivers. Maybe it works for setups with many cards, maybe not. Maybe it works with adrenaline drivers, maybe not Smiley I can't be sure, but if you are suffering from random hashrates from the same card, this may work for you.

Hi hesido!

do you have 13 cards running on the same machine?
are all these cards AMD brand?
All I want to know is how many cards of the same type (AMD) we can run under Win10.

Thanks in advance
istr
Activity: 24
Hi Doc!

Good news!
Did you make something to the code???
I have a small increase in hashrate with the last version!

You may find it at least!
Keep up!

Greetings
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
v. 1.5.6 still have problem - if some gpus stop hashing the miner not hangs but just stoped and not showing any information further. So if i see that and press  some key (space or h for example) it will show that gpu's hash speed is 0 and make reconnect to pool and after it will work good for some time.

my guess is its a missconfigured rig than the miner, for me even 1.3.* versions run rock solid
Activity: 363
Merit: 16
Art Gar, i made a tool for that recently. you can connect rig to Claymore's Manager and execute bat from it: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/clayconn-using-srbminer-rigs-with-claymores-manager-4324950

btw does it work only with Heavy algo? I'm digging normalv7, tried several GPU-Z versions and didn't get any increase

it stops decreasing Wink
Activity: 168
Merit: 15
Art Gar, i made a tool for that recently. you can connect rig to Claymore's Manager and execute bat from it: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/clayconn-using-srbminer-rigs-with-claymores-manager-4324950

btw does it work only with Heavy algo? I'm digging normalv7, tried several GPU-Z versions and didn't get any increase
Activity: 22
V1.5.6

+ "min_rig_speed" parameter defines the average hashrate we want to maintain. If 5 min average hashrate is less than the value we defined, restart miner.
[/size]

Hi, Doc. Can you make a thing that when srbminer detect total_hashrate
Activity: 78
v. 1.5.6 still have problem - if some gpus stop hashing the miner not hangs but just stoped and not showing any information further. So if i see that and press  some key (space or h for example) it will show that gpu's hash speed is 0 and make reconnect to pool and after it will work good for some time.

sorry but i dont understand,can you turn on logging and share that?

it's my bad-bad english it's not your fault... =]
I will turn on logging and try to catch this situation for you
Activity: 212
Merit: 12
there is already an api which gives you data in json format

Oh, there is? I'll read the first post in this thread once again  Shocked
well this makes sense now i understand what he meant

Yes, I use the --remoteaccess feature of cast-xmr and that is the main reason I cannot switch my two Vega rigs to SRB Wink

Documentation says "Remote access to get current status at http://127.0.0.1:7777 in JSON format", so I simply try to read JSON from that port for each of the machines. I use Raspberry Pi. If one of the machines did not respond, that means that cast-xmr is unresponsive (or the entire machine for that matter). The Raspberry Pi sends me a push message on my phone so I can check what seems to be wrong.

I don't like to auto reset the machines without me checking what actually went wrong, but I do it manually by logging in to my Raspberry. I have written a Python script which allows me to control 8 relay switches. I can soft shut down or turn the machine on (short power button press) or reset it (long power button press).

I'll be watching this topic and as soon as this option is added to SRB, I'll give it a chance.

Pozz Wink

there is already an api which gives you data in json format

Yes, I use the --remoteaccess feature of cast-xmr and that is the main reason I cannot switch my two Vega rigs to SRB Wink

Documentation says "Remote access to get current status at http://127.0.0.1:7777 in JSON format", so I simply try to read JSON from that port for each of the machines. I use Raspberry Pi. If one of the machines did not respond, that means that cast-xmr is unresponsive (or the entire machine for that matter). The Raspberry Pi sends me a push message on my phone so I can check what seems to be wrong.

I don't like to auto reset the machines without me checking what actually went wrong, but I do it manually by logging in to my Raspberry. I have written a Python script which allows me to control 8 relay switches. I can soft shut down or turn the machine on (short power button press) or reset it (long power button press).

I'll be watching this topic and as soon as this option is added to SRB, I'll give it a chance.

Pozz Wink

i asked this days if you know the developer - i tried the programm and it works now (with threashold)

it checks the miner and you can set a threshold - the miner restart without a problem if there is no hash (miner stopped or hanged) or low hash

https://github.com/rbicelli/minerguarddog

after reading it again, it doesnt sound that the gpu crashed, because then a reconnect to a pool wouldn help. it sounds more like there was no job for the gpu for a long time? this is why i need some logs, without it i cant know what happened.
Activity: 363
Merit: 16

i asked this days if you know the developer - i tried the programm and it works now (with threashold)

it checks the miner and you can set a threshold - the miner restart without a problem if there is no hash (miner stopped or hanged) or low hash

https://github.com/rbicelli/minerguarddog

Activity: 78
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
no my rig not freeze. it only hang and make teamview disable. i connect monitor and can use mouse to close and run again

probably gpu driver resets itself, but that shouldn't get TV disabled Smiley

I can confirm that this behavior does happen.  Hard reboot required at times when gpu driver resets, but not every time.
I've just noticed that in general it's getting difficult to connect with Teamviewer since the ominous 1803 Windows 10 update. For whatever reason my rigs regularly become unresponsive for 10-20 sec repeatedly. Miner seems to still be doing its stuff but it's just extremely annoying when you can't connect or it takes you several tries to do so.

I am using AnyDesk, since TeamV disconnects me after 1 minute Smiley
Oh it's not a Teamviewer issue, it's a Win10 issue (of course). But might affect people's perception that your miner might be at fault (obviously Cheesy)!

I still can't believe the retardation of Microsoft to push through these updates that force a down(!)grade of video drivers. Why would they do that, it's just plain fukced up. All mining-specific registry edits get kicked out. All needs to be re-installed, re-patched, reg keys amended (disabling Crossfire and ULPS, adding Dword for compute mode) for every card.

/rant over.
if the rig is frozen a ping wont get to the network card Grin

Exactly, so when there is no ping, that means the rig needs to be reset. Arduino send signal to one of its pins, triggers a relay connected to that pin. The relay switch is connected in parallel with the turn on / shut down button on the motherboard, and voila. The rig gets reset.

Exactly, so when there is no ping, that means the rig needs to be reset. Arduino send signal to one of its pins, triggers a relay connected to that pin. The relay switch is connected in parallel with the turn on / shut down button on the motherboard, and voila. The rig gets reset.
Hello,

I have arduino setup that pings my computer, for example, when using xmr stak arduino is pingg port 450 and makes a hard reset if the rig is frozen. Does a srbminer have something like this, like a page that can be used for monitoring, that I can use to ping with arduino, to reset the rig if miner/rig is frozen?

Thanks!

Jump to: