Pages:
Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 62. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
one of vega`s rig gives me such error after 10-20 minutes :

"Pool rejected result 0x000xxxx  (invalid job id) "

when I lower the intensity  - it works few hours, but then again this error.

it`s on turtle algo. but have same on stellite with newer srb

Whan can be a problem ??
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
One issue that I've been getting since earlier versions is that, while mining on a pool with multi-algo support (MO), sometimes the miner will just close without any apparent reason. The command prompt window just closes. When checking the log, nothing abnormal was happening. Sometimes the last line on the log is an algo change, sometimes is submitting a share. Miner just closes. Any idea of what may cause that or what else can I do to test more and provide more feedback?

I was having the same issue without using profit switching, just a single coin.  Tracked the problem down to the AMD driver crashing.  The only solution I found was to lower the intensity setting by 10-20%.  Yes, you get a lower hash rate, but the program doesn’t crash either.

This is different, yes driver can crash if you push the cards too much, that can happen with any miner.
Also try to lower memory clock or give the gpu a little bit more voltage to the core, and maybe you wont have to lower the intensity at all.
Activity: 269
Merit: 4
One issue that I've been getting since earlier versions is that, while mining on a pool with multi-algo support (MO), sometimes the miner will just close without any apparent reason. The command prompt window just closes. When checking the log, nothing abnormal was happening. Sometimes the last line on the log is an algo change, sometimes is submitting a share. Miner just closes. Any idea of what may cause that or what else can I do to test more and provide more feedback?

I was having the same issue without using profit switching, just a single coin.  Tracked the problem down to the AMD driver crashing.  The only solution I found was to lower the intensity setting by 10-20%.  Yes, you get a lower hash rate, but the program doesn’t crash either.
I know about this issue, and i probably fixed it (khm, i really hope), so it will be available in the next version soon.
Activity: 13
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
When is cn/wow implementation expected to be done?

I can't tell exactly, but new version will be released in max 10 days, all  new algos added.

that article was written by fireice so it shouldn't be taken seriously  Cool

I never trust one source but on paper fp math is slower on FPGAs unless they have lots of DSP slices.  
Now that's the question how many is available and for how much.  Efficiency wise they would be order of magnitude better than GPUs.

I got a source that mentions on the FPGAs capable of doing 10 TFLOPs but looks pretty expensive.  10 TFLOPs is what an RTX 2080 does.
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/pt/stratix-10-product-table.pdf

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/intel/DK-SOC-1SSX-L-A/DK-SOC-1SSX-L-A-ND/9863681
and a 280K cell FPGA is priced at $7.5k
algo heavyX?HuhHuh when??

He literally answered above your message.
Activity: 20
algo heavyX?HuhHuh when??

I can't tell exactly, but new version will be released in max 10 days, all  new algos added.

that article was written by fireice so it shouldn't be taken seriously  Cool
forget about cn-gpu crap. It is much better on nvidia. And will be easy for fpga/asic if have any volume

Yup. it's much better on Nvidia but floating point math is not efficient on FPGAs and ASICs.
Are you joking? I've read about fpgas doing scientific floating points math years ago )) It is what they are designed for ))

never said they can't do. read; efficiency.

EDIT:  new FPGAs do come with loads of DSP blocks so perhaps that gap is quite narrow now.

EDIT2: https://medium.com/@crypto_ryo/cryptonight-gpu-fpga-proof-pow-algorithm-based-on-floating-point-instructions-92524debf8e8
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
forget about cn-gpu crap. It is much better on nvidia. And will be easy for fpga/asic if have any volume

Yup. it's much better on Nvidia but floating point math is not efficient on FPGAs and ASICs.
Are you joking? I've read about fpgas doing scientific floating points math years ago )) It is what they are designed for ))
Activity: 5
hi dok!
heavyx ready?
Activity: 2

I agree and tend to believe in the same thing. I removed CN-GPU from my list.
About the temperatures, what other AMD Vega miners are experiencing? Sometimes I think HBM at 75°C might be too hot, although it doesn't throttle at all.
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
cn-gpu is core heavy.  maybe you were mining coins that weren't core heavy before?
Check the fan control on this particular one, check positioning of this card.

I'm mining on MoneroOcean, so I was mining whatever they had before there. Never had an issue. HBM temperature never goes above 75°C (normal-v8). You can check this image to see the current temperatures (and maximums). The maximum fan speed is usually when the miner restarts due to algorithm change. I don't know why the fans for all cards go crazy when it does the Vega resetting, but they do.

cn-gpu is different and doesn't care about the memory speed.  in fact you can drop your hbm to 800 Mhz and still get the same speed.  When i say temp it's basically core temp.
Activity: 288
Merit: 1
hi dok!
heavyx ready? if bata availabre ready for beta test ))
cn-gpu is core heavy.  maybe you were mining coins that weren't core heavy before?
Check the fan control on this particular one, check positioning of this card.

I'm mining on MoneroOcean, so I was mining whatever they had before there. Never had an issue. HBM temperature never goes above 75°C (normal-v8). You can check this image to see the current temperatures (and maximums). The maximum fan speed is usually when the miner restarts due to algorithm change. I don't know why the fans for all cards go crazy when it does the Vega resetting, but they do.
Pages:
Jump to: