Pages:
Author

Topic: Stable altcoins? - page 3. (Read 1662 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 109
September 14, 2017, 01:13:04 AM
Stability for altcoins is a relative thing. The very concept of altcoins implies volotility. It will take at least 5 years until the prices get exhausted. At the moment, to stable ALT I would take Litecoin, Dash
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
September 14, 2017, 01:08:10 AM
As I see the must stable altcoins are ETC, LTC, Ripple
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
September 14, 2017, 01:05:19 AM
Nobody can say this & that coin is stable if the coins are stable then you can not earn good money from trading but you can ask in thread what are the good coins then people can suggest you some good coins. In my opinion there are some good coins that you can buy & hold for long that are XRP, XMR, DASH, STRATIS, WAVES, ETC, LTC, LSK, SC etc.
Activity: 759
Merit: 505
September 14, 2017, 12:52:57 AM
Litecoin is reffered to as “silver to Bitcoin’s gold”, it is the crypto next to Bitcoin, although Litecoin is almost similar to Bitcoin, Litecoin has faster transaction confirmation than Bitcoin. It’s an alt coin that has a growing number of merchants who accept Litecoin esp. Chinese and very stable in the system.

No doubt LTC looks good at a moment but I am also attracted towards waves as it has a great team involved and with more development in future its price can go beyond our imagination and sounds a good place to invest some money in it.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
September 14, 2017, 12:50:58 AM
Litecoin is reffered to as “silver to Bitcoin’s gold”, it is the crypto next to Bitcoin, although Litecoin is almost similar to Bitcoin, Litecoin has faster transaction confirmation than Bitcoin. It’s an alt coin that has a growing number of merchants who accept Litecoin esp. Chinese and very stable in the system.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 272
1xbit.com
September 13, 2017, 05:19:00 PM
I don't think that there can be any stable altcoin and what is the meaning of investing in stable altcoins as it will never give you profits and investing in such a coin is a waste to time and money so if you want to make some profits then you should choose fluctuating coin to make timely profits.
Activity: 462
Merit: 109
September 13, 2017, 05:16:36 PM
Right, tether with fixed price cannot make any gain or loss, so i wouldnt coinsider this as an "altcoin"
2 OP - Litecoin (already mentionaed above), DASH and Monero seems quite stable in terms of crypto.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
September 13, 2017, 04:57:32 PM
LOL Tether I guess most stable alt coin I know
Activity: 43
September 13, 2017, 04:53:31 PM
Litecoin is a pretty stable altcoin. Better Bitcoin alternative and is headed to the moon!
Activity: 274
September 13, 2017, 04:46:29 PM
MAID is pretty stable I'd say - has a range that it fluctuates in, but seldom drops below or rises higher. Until recent corrections, it was steady sustainable growth.
Activity: 274
Merit: 250
September 13, 2017, 04:46:22 PM
The most stable alt-coin, dadadannnnn - USDT

As it's always equal to 1 USD per coin, you can hold it for long time and you can be sure that you will not lose any money Smiley
Activity: 336
September 13, 2017, 04:43:14 PM
Stable altcoins? Let me see hmmmmm there is no stable altcoins even bitcoin is not stable this is a speculative market hence the volatility is high probably if alot of people going to use this then it can have a stable price.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
September 13, 2017, 04:39:33 PM
I think that the most stable altcoins right now are Waves and Litecoin, they have been in their levels from months/weeks.
Litecoin made a recently pump, but from $40 to $60, and it was not a very big movement, only a 50%. And waves has been between $3,80 and $6 for more than two months. Ethereum classic is so stable too, but maybe it is more than a quiet altcoin, because it is so useless.

In my opinion coins you mentioned especially Litecoin and Waves will increase in price very much soon. After Dash and Monero, now its their turn.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
September 13, 2017, 04:30:03 PM
I think that the most stable altcoins right now are Waves and Litecoin, they have been in their levels from months/weeks.
Litecoin made a recently pump, but from $40 to $60, and it was not a very big movement, only a 50%. And waves has been between $3,80 and $6 for more than two months. Ethereum classic is so stable too, but maybe it is more than a quiet altcoin, because it is so useless.
Activity: 336
September 13, 2017, 04:26:44 PM
I don't think there is such a thing as a stable altcoin and I also see no reason to want to find one? If your aim is to invest and increase the value of your holdings then you will want a coin that is growing. Ideally I guess you would like a coin with low volatility (this isn't stability) and large growth but normally large growth goes hand in hand with high volatility.
Activity: 4
September 13, 2017, 04:24:06 PM
I think that buying or owning a stable coin is a waste of time and money, that's why you should look for active coin and invest in them and waiting for a good time to sell will be better and more profitable

I agree. There's real opportunity cost in investing in "stable" altcoin. If you give up on a coin, because it doesn't seem stable (and invest in some stable one instead) but later that coin goes through roof, you forfeited that profit.

But what if you give up on a coin, because it doesn't seem stable, and then later that coin has a huge dip. Then you have locked in that profit.

I agree that stability can forfeit some profit, but it can also prevent loss. If you are into timing the market stable coins can still help. Exchange your profitable coin at it's peak to buy a stable coin, and then sell out of your stable coin  and into your profitable coin when your profitable coin dips again.  If I held some of those platinm coins today for example, I wouldn't have lost quite so much money. Tongue
Activity: 280
The Operating System for DAOs
September 13, 2017, 04:15:28 PM
look at the top 10 and pick one. They are stable
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 13, 2017, 04:14:32 PM
I came across this pre-sale, the coin according to their whitepaper will be backed by startups who pledge a small % of their revenue. As long as they keep having profitable startups, the coin will be backed by something. That seems more stable than 99% of coins.

https://ico.crowdholding.com/

What do you think?
Activity: 252
September 13, 2017, 02:12:32 PM
There are no coin available that will be stable.But why you are looking for a stable coin?? A stable coin is not profitable.Its loss of time and waste of money to me.You need to chose a coin that has pump and dump.Try to buy good coin you can earn profit from them at least.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
September 13, 2017, 01:48:25 PM
I think that buying or owning a stable coin is a waste of time and money, that's why you should look for active coin and invest in them and waiting for a good time to sell will be better and more profitable

I agree. There's real opportunity cost in investing in "stable" altcoin. If you give up on a coin, because it doesn't seem stable (and invest in some stable one instead) but later that coin goes through roof, you forfeited that profit.
Pages:
Jump to: