Pages:
Author

Topic: Stainless steel Bitcoin Recovery Seed Plate - page 2. (Read 1771 times)

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 2529
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Hi Willi. Looks great.
What type of stainless steel was used - 304 or 316 or something else?
Thank you.
Hi Tim,

That is 304 or named V2A (X5CrNi18/10).

Best regards
Willi
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
December 31, 2022, 08:58:54 PM
Hi Willi. Looks great.
What type of stainless steel was used - 304 or 316 or something else?
Thank you.
Activity: 787
Merit: 501
Still love my plate and hammer. Glad I got this.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1249
Hi philipma1957,

not yet. i wrote mails to him, but it is a time consuming test, but have not seen a update on the webpage.
so i waiting also on a feedback, and if i have a feedback i will post it here.

But thanks for the reminder, will ask for an update....

yea, the test is done --> 4x A, best letters  Grin

https://jlopp.github.io/metal-bitcoin-storage-reviews/reviews/willi-recovery-seed-plate/

Best regards
Willi

Nice one Willi, good result.

Anyone with any concerns should be content now that the product is of quality and will
do the job it is designed for.
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
No problem, have some plates here.
Anyone who wants one, happy to PM me.
And if someone like I also have a coin to offer —> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sale-40mm-x-3mm-30g-bitcoin-coin-loadable-and-customizable-coin-5382457

Discount possible if you like a plate and a coin.

Best regards
Willi
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7060
Cashback 15%
Very nice results, and Jameson Lopp even wrote that your seed plate can be purchased via bitcointalk forum Smiley
It is certainly one of the cheaper metal seed plates tested on his website and now with this discount it's even cheaper.
This would be the best time for anyone who wanted to buy this plate.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1296
keep walking, Johnnie
  You didn't put them on acid !   Grin  Grin

It was Lopp who has done the test, not Willi.
And it was put into acid, actually. As you can see, one of the points was the corrosion test. And, if you look up for the methodology, the corrosion test means keeping the plate in acid for 12 hours:

Corrosion
The device is submerged in a bucket of 16% muriatic acid and left for 12 hours or until bubbling ceases. Are strong acids a threat vector you should be worried about? Probably not, but these tests are extreme in order to see which devices stand out from the pack!
The more different tests are carried out with the Recovery Seed Plate, the more complete information about the capabilities of this storage medium can be obtained, which allows taking into account the resistance to external influences during storage of this plate. Of course, this is good, but the acid test seems exotic to me, because acid is extremely rare in domestic conditions, not to mention that somehow it gets on the seed plate. Hypothetically, such a possibility exists, but with a very small chance. A piece of metal is still a piece of metal (of course, stainless steel) and it takes a lot of time to destroy the text from the surface. So, don't worry about the acid test.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

It was Lopp who has done the test, not Willi.
And it was put into acid, actually. As you can see, one of the points was the corrosion test. And, if you look up for the methodology, the corrosion test means keeping the plate in acid for 12 hours:

Corrosion
The device is submerged in a bucket of 16% muriatic acid and left for 12 hours or until bubbling ceases. Are strong acids a threat vector you should be worried about? Probably not, but these tests are extreme in order to see which devices stand out from the pack!
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1212
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Hi philipma1957,

not yet. i wrote mails to him, but it is a time consuming test, but have not seen a update on the webpage.

yea, the test is done --> 4x A, best letters  Grin

https://jlopp.github.io/metal-bitcoin-storage-reviews/reviews/willi-recovery-seed-plate/

Best regards
Willi

legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Hi philipma1957,

yea, the test is done --> 4x A, best letters  Grin

Best regards
Willi
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 7701
'The right to privacy matters'
christmas special offer from now up to 24.12.2022

1x Additional text around the seed field as individualization for free and save $5

A nice christmas gift for BTC fans and with a individualization like Name or text or a short sentence

More details on the first posting...

did you ever get the test results for durability
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
christmas special offer from now up to 24.12.2022

1x Additional text around the seed field as individualization for free and save $5

A nice christmas gift for BTC fans and with a individualization like Name or text or a short sentence

More details on the first posting...

legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Hammer and marker can buy at any hardware store (or look in your toolbox). I don't think that a piece of this inox plate will also be difficult to find.

I find willi9974 set more a collectible set than something I'd mess with. I may have odd taste, but the plate with the mount, the HOLD Hammer and marker seem to ask to be shown, not hidden away.

If I would ever have good reason to store the seed on steel, I'd probably go for the washers, really. Your setup looks complicated. And complicated usually asks for troubles (in 10 years, not now).

could use it to put a private key to an address you dont fund then Smiley then it could be displayed. just never use that one lol

Indeed, also an option! Just then we switch from realm of bitcoin collectibles to... maybe (modern) art!  Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
Hammer and marker can buy at any hardware store (or look in your toolbox). I don't think that a piece of this inox plate will also be difficult to find.

I find willi9974 set more a collectible set than something I'd mess with. I may have odd taste, but the plate with the mount, the HOLD Hammer and marker seem to ask to be shown, not hidden away.

If I would ever have good reason to store the seed on steel, I'd probably go for the washers, really. Your setup looks complicated. And complicated usually asks for troubles (in 10 years, not now).

could use it to put a private key to an address you dont fund then Smiley then it could be displayed. just never use that one lol
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1212
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
To all members who want to make their recovery on strong metal,
You don't need all this !

Gests are welcome too  Tongue

You can just purshase any of "strong metal" plates and write your seed in the Morse code using two different sizes of drills!   (piercing it)

Writing the word "Metal" for example would looks like this:

edit: adding addy for tips!  Tongue

Code:
3LeUzQSmyaDF5wVHep1uiWdsFAXmYrkTrB

Activity: 1358
Merit: 888
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
I have send a test plate to the known seed storage tester and hope we see the test soon --> https://jlopp.github.io/metal-bitcoin-storage-reviews/

That's a good decision, and I hope we'll see that review soon. This will be a good thing for the project.
Good luck!
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Someone just created a similar topic:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/coinplate-a-new-ultra-durable-seed-phrase-backup-solution-5394608

It seems to be more expensive (at least in case of shipping/import to Europe), but still interesting.
Your hodl hammer looks like must-have item Wink

I think the Coinplate looks more professional and probably more valuable as a collector's item, but I think willi9974's seed plate is more practical and perhaps more durable. If I had to choose, I would choose this one for my personal use.

thanks for the feedback and yes my plates looks like more durable.
I have send a test plate to the known seed storage tester and hope we see the test soon --> https://jlopp.github.io/metal-bitcoin-storage-reviews/
Activity: 1358
Merit: 888
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/coinplate-a-new-ultra-durable-seed-phrase-backup-solution-5394608

It seems to be more expensive (at least in case of shipping/import to Europe), but still interesting.

I think the Coinplate looks more professional and probably more valuable as a collector's item, but I think willi9974's seed plate is more practical and perhaps more durable. If I had to choose, I would choose this one for my personal use.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1367

legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Amazing, what about personalization?
Hi AnySniper,

personalization is no problem, you can use the last line to laser some things on it.
Please see the picture, the last line is yours, you can change it as you want.

best regards
Willi
Pages:
Jump to: