Pages:
Author

Topic: Stake your Bitcoin address here - page 54. (Read 1462401 times)

Activity: 303
Merit: 100
The Future Of Work
July 12, 2020, 07:36:58 AM
maybe it's quite stupid question but what for should you stake your BTC address
Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
July 11, 2020, 07:36:19 AM
Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is Jemzx00 on bitcointalk staking my address again to prove that I am still the same owner of this account. 7/11/2020
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
Version: Bitcoin-qt (1.0)
Address: 1JemzxwJm4NixkvBnNvHgNbJBjQ3qMzJBu

GyOJv2BhqJg0GlTw2a5OFIDwLO3rogGWfNg7C8MsW/jIX28um3CjFMhbxuwhCD9MlUkV6foSqi2uA2epDTcg4x0=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
The message is verified, and archived for you.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 547
Pugs are the best!
July 11, 2020, 07:27:25 AM
Code:
This is Jemzx00 on bitcointalk staking my address again to prove that I am still the same owner of this account. 7/11/2020
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
Version: Bitcoin-qt (1.0)
Address: 1JemzxwJm4NixkvBnNvHgNbJBjQ3qMzJBu

GyOJv2BhqJg0GlTw2a5OFIDwLO3rogGWfNg7C8MsW/jIX28um3CjFMhbxuwhCD9MlUkV6foSqi2uA2epDTcg4x0=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3150
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
July 09, 2020, 01:53:05 PM
Thank you. It seems to me that http://coinig.com has a problem validating vanity addresses or something  Huh

No. It just can't verify signed messages with line break. But a lot of people love to use them for whatever reason
Nice one clever-clogs  Shocked

Message has be resigned without a line break.
Code:
----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE----
This is bitcointalk.org member: idev Todays Date: 18/06/2016
----BEGIN SIGNATURE----
Address: 1idev1vktD8RXs8KHmQqNNmB2TGBCUkSb
Signature: HAKLKbOoq21oxB8vj3dGltZlTd+RkKK9FeKMnn35kDJEaodxGxsy1CE7X5bXu2H8MNBQOpFZ1eqdAHKbJzYSbqU=
----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE----
Now verifiable on coinig.com

I've recently got my account back but I'm not 100% confidant if the address above has not been compromised or not due to being on a computer which was infected.
So I'm staking a new address on a new computer from a new bitcoin wallet installation.

Code:
This is bitcointalk.org member: idev Todays Date: 09/07/2020
----BEGIN SIGNATURE----
Address: 1GoLazRNHNLMi4rNHTPmCPN4qPTSnZ5Z31
Signature: Hz58ziLOt00tIpKMLrKbuRlqrSheOXaE+9fsrOnxyTtBb1tS4IP1Fr+s0PAHLEqLJF1l1Sigu/ZNN0+TIoELQzU=

Quoted, Verified with brainwallet , archived
Activity: 860
Merit: 1004
BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo
July 09, 2020, 01:48:17 PM
Thank you. It seems to me that http://coinig.com has a problem validating vanity addresses or something  Huh

No. It just can't verify signed messages with line break. But a lot of people love to use them for whatever reason
Nice one clever-clogs  Shocked

Message has be resigned without a line break.
Code:
This is bitcointalk.org member: idev Todays Date: 18/06/2016
----BEGIN SIGNATURE----
Address: 1idev1vktD8RXs8KHmQqNNmB2TGBCUkSb
Signature: HAKLKbOoq21oxB8vj3dGltZlTd+RkKK9FeKMnn35kDJEaodxGxsy1CE7X5bXu2H8MNBQOpFZ1eqdAHKbJzYSbqU=
Now verifiable on coinig.com

I've recently got my account back but I'm not 100% confidant if the address above has not been compromised or not due to being on a computer which was infected.
So I'm staking a new address on a new computer from a new bitcoin wallet installation.

Code:
This is bitcointalk.org member: idev Todays Date: 09/07/2020
----BEGIN SIGNATURE----
Address: 1GoLazRNHNLMi4rNHTPmCPN4qPTSnZ5Z31
Signature: Hz58ziLOt00tIpKMLrKbuRlqrSheOXaE+9fsrOnxyTtBb1tS4IP1Fr+s0PAHLEqLJF1l1Sigu/ZNN0+TIoELQzU=
copper member
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1293
Need a Bounty Manager? t.me/shasan32
July 05, 2020, 07:05:51 AM
cryptomaniac_xxx staking new bitcoin address this July 5, 2020
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
167Z77xAKZKLghWak4QNF3XVxbqd7eY6wU
IBk2vlpAyVOrpWIIFCIMqlZzfAZ3qFuswNohkIbNM4PPVGxpOu1l/pdIaWrbki9vP9cgXuLTO6vN7gCAG25ZZoE=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Signature verifed.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
July 05, 2020, 07:01:41 AM
cryptomaniac_xxx staking new bitcoin address this July 5, 2020
167Z77xAKZKLghWak4QNF3XVxbqd7eY6wU
IBk2vlpAyVOrpWIIFCIMqlZzfAZ3qFuswNohkIbNM4PPVGxpOu1l/pdIaWrbki9vP9cgXuLTO6vN7gCAG25ZZoE=
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
July 04, 2020, 01:27:39 PM
@LoyceV why do you trust it? Do you know the owners of it? Or have you tried generating keys without internet connection?
As long as I've known the site, I've never read anything bad about it (unlike several other paper wallet websites). I've used it (obviously offline), without any problems.
You can make your paper wallet rely less on the site by using a split key and vanity search on 2 independent offline systems. Even if one of the systems would be compromised and not give you a proper random key, the end-result of both keys together will still be random as long as at least one of them uses a proper random function. I think that's a bit excessive if you only use the paper wallet to stake an address.

Also, I still don't get why I should never delete a wallet. Since I keep my private keys in safe places...
Keeping a backup of your keys is the equivalent of keeping your wallet. You're good to go Smiley
Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
July 04, 2020, 07:57:03 AM
@LoyceV why do you trust it? Do you know the owners of it? Or have you tried generating keys without internet connection?

Also, I still don't get why I should never delete a wallet. Since I keep my private keys in safe places...
Wallet is the first thing to care about when one joins crypto but to choose which wallet to use for storing your funds, no one can tell you what you must do, they can only advise what you should do. In your turn, it depends on your understandings or preference or habit to choose which wallet you will use.

Fundamental rules:
- Prioritise to use non-custodial wallets if you can because you will have control on your private keys.
- Create your wallets offline because no one can steal your private keys at the time you create your wallet.
- Keep your computers as cleanest as possible because it will make sure no one can compromise your computer.
- Back up your wallet and test your backup for later recoveries.

Third party wallets, especially web wallets should be considered to use with some kind of risks because you don't know that ONLY you have control on your private key or the web wallet provider will have it too.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
July 04, 2020, 05:34:52 AM

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
July 04, 2020, 04:50:55 AM
If you have a paper wallet somewhere, and you don't want to mess with it until is really necessary (security reasons) I think it should be OK to stake only the address.
It would be even better to print a new paper wallet only for staking. If you use a trusted website (https://www.bitaddress.org/ is currently the only one I would trust, but you should still be very careful before actually funding such a paper wallet) and print it offline from a Linux LIVE DVD, you're about as safe as it gets.

Oh, nevermind then. I've deleted every bitcoin software/wallet I had.
This guy knows a thing or two about Bitcoin:
You should never delete a wallet.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 624
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
July 04, 2020, 03:17:53 AM
Why? What will change?
If you delete/loss your private key then you would not be able to verify ownership of your account. As a result if there is something in question about the ownership of the account then you cant verify that the account is yours. When you need it?
1. To take a loan
2. To proof the account is yours when email/password is change
3. When your account hacked or you loss access of the account
legendary
Farewell, Leo
July 04, 2020, 02:56:31 AM
Okay, I successfully signed a message.
Address: 1DEak4fzVSXS3htirL5eito3fbjv58b3bM

Code:
Hi, I am BlackHatCoiner and it is a hot day of July. 04/07/2020 - 05:21 UTC
ICkKohGMM6wE/RYGA8QXuVNLnWrOL9DkmR7vEbnzhNUlek1sEUSnTK6T3hvKQv61tqmevtL4qCh2GpZ0V7lJ7YM=

Finally, you made it. Make sure you will not delete every bitcoin software/wallet you had like you did before  Wink.

Quoted, verified and archive.

Why? What will change?
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
July 04, 2020, 01:25:36 AM

Code:
ICkKohGMM6wE/RYGA8QXuVNLnWrOL9DkmR7vEbnzhNUlek1sEUSnTK6T3hvKQv61tqmevtL4qCh2GpZ0V7lJ7YM=
Finally, you made it. Make sure you will not delete every bitcoin software/wallet you had like you did before  Wink.

Quoted, verified and archive.
legendary
Farewell, Leo
July 04, 2020, 01:23:14 AM

Code:
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
July 03, 2020, 09:17:53 AM
I'm staking two addresses:

• Vanity: 1J4ke1sXrtfxwDkDZ1SE6MYVwxAHTAkVfx
  • SegWit: bc1q4gkju5qc8chqyykms6665z74ajq5e5q8c9v4hz

Code:
7/3/2020 I'm J4keIsWatching from bitcointalk.org.
I'm staking my Vanity address.
1J4ke1sXrtfxwDkDZ1SE6MYVwxAHTAkVfx
G5CJOMrvPkPuQVLRSuh4APDsVnYBzPt5f21K/eIU6KCVWyMwvn3CHbc2XdCykBvPw73x6tLmcZoWZDtVfDE6xfg=

Code:
I'm staking my SegWit address.
bc1q4gkju5qc8chqyykms6665z74ajq5e5q8c9v4hz
H78+viQjy5u8aYnHvzU5EGsb21bK/LQR33q1unJrXHDOLE0eK/tJ7lfw9SWdtJtM2z/JJDnFQ8UZiG2rjvgn9Jc=

Quoted, verified for 1J4ke... and for bc1q4 verified with electrum, archive for the quoted message.

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
July 03, 2020, 09:16:47 AM
I'm staking two addresses:

• Vanity: 1J4ke1sXrtfxwDkDZ1SE6MYVwxAHTAkVfx
  • SegWit: bc1q4gkju5qc8chqyykms6665z74ajq5e5q8c9v4hz

Code:
I'm staking my Vanity address.
1J4ke1sXrtfxwDkDZ1SE6MYVwxAHTAkVfx
G5CJOMrvPkPuQVLRSuh4APDsVnYBzPt5f21K/eIU6KCVWyMwvn3CHbc2XdCykBvPw73x6tLmcZoWZDtVfDE6xfg=

Code:
I'm staking my SegWit address.
bc1q4gkju5qc8chqyykms6665z74ajq5e5q8c9v4hz
H78+viQjy5u8aYnHvzU5EGsb21bK/LQR33q1unJrXHDOLE0eK/tJ7lfw9SWdtJtM2z/JJDnFQ8UZiG2rjvgn9Jc=
legendary
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
June 29, 2020, 07:46:06 AM
My Bitcoin address is: bc1qfyyy5wlgxweg5fs06skklfgv4hnsam0tt9wlmc

You should also provide a signed message so they can verify it.

The idea of the stacked address is to confirm ( when needed) that you still have control over the private key of that address. It is not a must to sign a message but it is recommended, that way you eliminate the chance to stake an address you don't own the private keys of even that you have control over the funds in it, like an exchange address.

Should sign a message with the address you want to prove ownership.

The post is quoted by some users, it is a kind of proof but not enough. The guy can not sign a message now but months or years later, if he want to prove his ownership with the account and with the address, he must sign a message from the address. Without a sign message from the same quoted address, it is not a proof of ownership.

If you have a paper wallet somewhere, and you don't want to mess with it until is really necessary (security reasons) I think it should be OK to stake only the address. You have control over the private keys but you don't want to mess around with importing them just to stake it. For me it's OK if you know what are you doing. Later on, when you really need to prove your identity, then you can take the risk to import the keys and sign a message.
Everyone should take it's own responsibility for their actions, we have already warred them, if they follow it's OK, if they think they have everything secured and it's no need, it OK either. As long as you don't stake an address you cannot sign a message from, it's fine.
This part is mostly for the newbies, to learn and know how to sign and verify messages, and to be sure they control the address.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
Not your keys, not your coins!
June 29, 2020, 07:33:45 AM

The idea of the stacked address is to confirm ( when needed) that you still have control over the private key of that address. It is not a must to sign a message but it is recommended, that way you eliminate the chance to stake an address you don't own the private keys of even that you have control over the funds in it, like an exchange address.

Should sign a message with the address you want to prove ownership.

The post is quoted by some users, it is a kind of proof but not enough. The guy can not sign a message now but months or years later, if he want to prove his ownership with the account and with the address, he must sign a message from the address. Without a sign message from the same quoted address, it is not a proof of ownership.
legendary
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
June 29, 2020, 07:27:53 AM

Pages:
Jump to: