Pages:
Author

Topic: Stake your Bitcoin address here - page 67. (Read 1462401 times)

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3150
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
January 24, 2020, 04:50:05 PM

Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is BulwarkOfficial on Bitcointalk.org. Today is January 24, 2020. This is the official Bulwark account.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1LtM99WSvdavp8Yz9hX1dpPL6kbhpMSAiv
Hw2EIwasSMrQug39/MSmskwm9TR/19fiROeJ0M/u+EEzEwn4spJujT4efJAERh2bYVAZBL1htow4BULebtYYCsQ=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Quoted, verified with brainwallet, archived.
Activity: 8
Merit: 1
January 24, 2020, 04:44:36 PM

Code:
This is BulwarkOfficial on Bitcointalk.org. Today is January 24, 2020. This is the official Bulwark account.
1LtM99WSvdavp8Yz9hX1dpPL6kbhpMSAiv
Hw2EIwasSMrQug39/MSmskwm9TR/19fiROeJ0M/u+EEzEwn4spJujT4efJAERh2bYVAZBL1htow4BULebtYYCsQ=
legendary
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
January 24, 2020, 02:45:08 PM
Code:
2020-01-25 : I am cassavachips (bitcointalk.org #636114),
hereby certify bc1ql0xll2m68tzuy0pzgk0q0h0nmy2ggzkrm7mv74 as my Bitcoin address.
bc1ql0xll2m68tzuy0pzgk0q0h0nmy2ggzkrm7mv74
H5IeJeyKC4AdQq6xBSU4+T1mD6H8ALyRdVDVzg8Abr8kUYACpol5NwYA9gVqvMf1gFUSJeuOneHmv/5fOG8C1XY=

Quoted, verified with mycelium, archived.
Activity: 994
Merit: 261
January 24, 2020, 02:40:53 PM
Code:
2020-01-25 : I am cassavachips (bitcointalk.org #636114),
hereby certify bc1ql0xll2m68tzuy0pzgk0q0h0nmy2ggzkrm7mv74 as my Bitcoin address.
bc1ql0xll2m68tzuy0pzgk0q0h0nmy2ggzkrm7mv74
H5IeJeyKC4AdQq6xBSU4+T1mD6H8ALyRdVDVzg8Abr8kUYACpol5NwYA9gVqvMf1gFUSJeuOneHmv/5fOG8C1XY=
legendary
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
January 24, 2020, 10:35:33 AM
Code:
This is kibro_dev from bitcointalk. Today is January 24, 2020.
1F42s21eeeJSgft7xj5rgXaK9Qc8GVoRnj
H4IwO6idVgZpdD1K6jI5y4w6wSn8w1yhJDtAHAe9XtYYh8hZebf+CkmXg3Sfx2/A61MgNw02Dn0JWoqJDwxed3o=

Quoted,verified with brainwallet , archived.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
January 24, 2020, 10:34:20 AM
Code:
This is kibro_dev from bitcointalk. Today is January 24, 2020.
1F42s21eeeJSgft7xj5rgXaK9Qc8GVoRnj
H4IwO6idVgZpdD1K6jI5y4w6wSn8w1yhJDtAHAe9XtYYh8hZebf+CkmXg3Sfx2/A61MgNw02Dn0JWoqJDwxed3o=
legendary
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
January 24, 2020, 04:06:20 AM
~

If you want to sign a message, get an actual desktop or mobile wallet that actually supports signing messages like Bitcoin Core, Electrum, Mycelium etc.

Note that not all desktop/mobile wallets actually provide the ability to sign messages, the three listed above do. I would recommend Electrum for the desktop and Mycelium for mobile (Android only)

In addition to the above, you can actually create a new wallet/seed only for signing messages. You don't need to use the wallet for other things or have funds in it, if you are used to another wallet. Just keep the pr key/seed somewhere save so you can recover it in case something happens to the phone/computer.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4318
January 23, 2020, 02:20:45 PM
Are you intentionally trolling or did you just not read the previous message?

You generally can NOT sign messages from a custodial-type wallet address such as those used by exchanges and gambling sites etc.

Signing a message requires that your "wallet" has direct access to the private key behind the address. Exchanges do NOT provide this level of access to end users.

It would appear that Unocoin is a custodial wallet and does not allow you to sign a message.

If you want to sign a message, get an actual desktop or mobile wallet that actually supports signing messages like Bitcoin Core, Electrum, Mycelium etc.

Note that not all desktop/mobile wallets actually provide the ability to sign messages, the three listed above do. I would recommend Electrum for the desktop and Mycelium for mobile (Android only)
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427
January 23, 2020, 11:01:01 AM
Now 4 times I have tried this--can someone help me??

Have you followed the instructions here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-sign-a-message-990345

What wallet you are using to sign a message?

unocoin--are you familiar??
after some quick googling it seems unocoin is an exchange....

You can't sign a message with unocoin as it is a custodial wallet (exchange rather), meaning you don't have access to your keys.

You need to switch to a wallet such as Electrum in order to sign a message, as you need access to your private keys..

Once you have a wallet such as Electrum, you can follow this guide: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-sign-a-message-990345
legendary
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
January 23, 2020, 10:45:26 AM
Now 4 times I have tried this--can someone help me??

Have you followed the instructions here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-sign-a-message-990345

What wallet you are using to sign a message?
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
January 22, 2020, 04:27:22 AM
Is that a request for help? If so, have you read shorena's thread on how to sign a message? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-sign-a-message-990345
That user is a BSV shill, what else do you expect from him? Grin
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4318
January 22, 2020, 03:40:23 AM
My ol' noggin can't seem to figure this out
Is that a request for help? If so, have you read shorena's thread on how to sign a message? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-sign-a-message-990345

legendary
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
January 21, 2020, 10:33:24 AM
Code:
Bitcointalk : turkandjaydee 21 January 2020
This is my segwit address
BTC address: 3PHwD7nLwnjkNiqjeB2XzwUeT2Dvxtw371
Signature: IJKsZsygUpEsCYWQYIBGLawilZN34BRKfJx9R0+L7SaFY/IP0u+/mdL40VXNRh6+kpRtsomOLpaApVNyqYsDn8w=

Please verify and quote, thank you  Smiley

Quoted, verified with Electrum.
Archived.

Activity: 112
Merit: 72
January 21, 2020, 10:14:22 AM
-snip

Please verify and quote, thank you  Smiley

The message failed verification on 4 different websites. Are you sure you've signed the message correctly? Please re-verify.

Another user verified it on Electrum and worked apparently. Sorry for the mess.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 567
January 21, 2020, 09:57:59 AM
Code:
Bitcointalk : turkandjaydee 21 January 2020
This is my segwit address
BTC address: 3PHwD7nLwnjkNiqjeB2XzwUeT2Dvxtw371
Signature: IJKsZsygUpEsCYWQYIBGLawilZN34BRKfJx9R0+L7SaFY/IP0u+/mdL40VXNRh6+kpRtsomOLpaApVNyqYsDn8w=

Please verify and quote, thank you  Smiley
legendary
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
January 21, 2020, 07:58:32 AM
I'll leave my btc address here for future reference (hopefully I won't need it) 1ZzZzzZGVFtHhyuMg8LqAdLWhYYoGdjtC

Quoted. Maybe you can sign a message from it?
Activity: 372
Merit: 108
January 21, 2020, 07:12:14 AM
I'll leave my btc address here for future reference (hopefully I won't need it) 1ZzZzzZGVFtHhyuMg8LqAdLWhYYoGdjtC
copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 2614
If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!
January 19, 2020, 10:32:28 AM
I'm curious, what is your perceived difference between signing a message and moving coins to determine "proof of control"? ???

Slightly off-topic, but this question evokes a subtly different, easily confusable related point that I think should be discussed elsewhere.  And it’s not entirely OT, insofar as I don’t think it’s uncommon for people on this forum to use messages signed by “stake” addresses to prove ownership of coins (in contradistinction to technical control of coins).

The argument advanced by various Core developers against reliance on signmessage to prove ownership (as opposed to control) of UTXOs is:

Quote from: sipa
Owning money and having access to private keys that can spend coins are independent concepts. Exchanges have private keys for UTXOs money they hold on behalf of their customers. They can clearly sign messages using those keys, but they certainly don't own all those coins.

I respectfully disagree with sipa, luke-jr, and others so stating (and I should probably say so on that issue).  I argue strictly that control of the private keys equals title to the Bitcoin, period; and it is dangerous to blur a rule logically inherent in the nature decentralized, trustless, permissionless cryptographic money.

If you are a custodial exchange, etc., then you may be holding title to that Bitcoin as a nominee, or (quite arguably) a bailee, or some other legal concept which may be logical to apply.  However, account-holders at custodial exchanges are not the titular owners of any Bitcoin at all, in my opinion.  If you don’t have the private keys, then it is not your Bitcoin:  It is somebody else’s Bitcoin; and that somebody else, the titular owner of the Bitcoin, has contractually agreed to let you excercise beneficial ownership of some sort.

So many ills of this world result when ownership is divorced from control.  (Aside, don’t get me started on how the separation of ownership, control, and responsibility is a major factor in the widespread corruption of modern corporations.)  Don’t do that with Bitcoin.

In my analysis, ownership is fully congruent with the use of digital signatures to control money in a decentralized, trustless, permissionless system; and legal agreements outside the four corners of Bitcoin script are properly compartmented where they belong, in the realm of legal contracts and the legal enforcement thereof.

(N.b. that the same argument applies to theft:  A thief who uses wrongful means to obtain title is still holding titular ownership, and will continue to do so unless recovery is effectuated by avoiding the improperly obtained title.  By analogy, consider a criminal who uses forgery, coercion, or fraud in the factum to wrongfully obtain a deed to lands—although that deed would probably be adjudged absolutely void, not merely voidable, whereas a Bitcoin transaction is only absolutely void if a blockchain reorg retroactively invalidates it.)

Of course, the moving of coins is little different than signmessage in this aspect:  A custodial exchange (etc.) can spend UTXOs to its own addresses, just as you can to yours.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
January 18, 2020, 08:43:45 PM
It is pretty simple.

I don't like signing as proof I prefer coin in and coin out as proof of control.
I'm curious, what is your perceived difference between signing a message and moving coins to determine "proof of control"? Huh

Both require access to the private keys to be able to "sign" the message or transaction (or the ability to coerce someone who does into doing what you are asking). So I don't see how shifting funds is any more trustworthy than a signed message? Huh

the coin-moving is close to equal to a message.

but you don’t need to move the coins until you need to prove control of the address.

less work.

also moving coins for an address should always be doable while message signing can be dropped on some wallets.

my 2 addresses for my accounts are easy to move coins in and out of.

the vanity is good

the older one is good.

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635
January 18, 2020, 04:41:12 AM

I'm curious, what is your perceived difference between signing a message and moving coins to determine "proof of control"? Huh

From where I sit..no difference at all if the wallets have "sign"-message option but some of them don't have it.
Pages:
Jump to: