Pages:
Author

Topic: Star Trek Crypto Coin thread - Big changes are coming!! - page 6. (Read 40147 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
hi dream,
can you show me how to upgrade ufc client from v1.0.0.0.
i tried but failed to get the coin back.

Hi there, are you really still using v1.0.0.0 ?? Or is it btcltc?

You were supposed to move to v.1.5.5 first, because v.1.0.0.0 was basically 100% cloudcoin with a different make up! The network was stuck for a while.

And then from v1.5.5 you can easily move to 2.2.

I guess Dream may have clearer answer.

One should not have a problem with salvaging a version 1.0 wallet to 2.2.2. The address version is the same and the KEYS are encoded the same. IF you are able to salvage the wallet in question into the 2.2.2 client and not encounter errors, then the wallet converted successfully.
It appears your issue is with btcltc as they never updated their daemon and are on there own chain now. We have sent them repeated messages about the 1.5.5 hard fork and then about the 2.2.2 relaunch and they have ignored us.
Your only recourse, while it might be kind of a crappy thing to do to others, is use your old client/wallet to sell the btcltc chain coins on the btcltc exchange and use the BTC to buy coins on the official chain from scifi-ex.com.
The problem is the coins btcltc exchanged with you are not part of the official chain and only they can fix it.

yes. wallet can be converted successfully but coins are not. i'm afraid btcltc can't fix it even if they are willing to, all the UFCs might be gone if the do so.

I think if they convert right now, they will loose some coins, but not all. I don't know if people are still mining the old chain. I guess some people do, otherwise transactions will not go through.

Would they be willing to buy from Scifi-ex to replace the loss?
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
hi dream,
can you show me how to upgrade ufc client from v1.0.0.0.
i tried but failed to get the coin back.

Hi there, are you really still using v1.0.0.0 ?? Or is it btcltc?

You were supposed to move to v.1.5.5 first, because v.1.0.0.0 was basically 100% cloudcoin with a different make up! The network was stuck for a while.

And then from v1.5.5 you can easily move to 2.2.

I guess Dream may have clearer answer.

One should not have a problem with salvaging a version 1.0 wallet to 2.2.2. The address version is the same and the KEYS are encoded the same. IF you are able to salvage the wallet in question into the 2.2.2 client and not encounter errors, then the wallet converted successfully.
It appears your issue is with btcltc as they never updated their daemon and are on there own chain now. We have sent them repeated messages about the 1.5.5 hard fork and then about the 2.2.2 relaunch and they have ignored us.
Your only recourse, while it might be kind of a crappy thing to do to others, is use your old client/wallet to sell the btcltc chain coins on the btcltc exchange and use the BTC to buy coins on the official chain from scifi-ex.com.
The problem is the coins btcltc exchanged with you are not part of the official chain and only they can fix it.

yes. wallet can be converted successfully but coins are not. i'm afraid btcltc can't fix it even if they are willing to, all the UFCs might be gone if the do so.

Got another pick up by Bitcoin-Owl: http://bitcoinowl.com/sci-fi-coin-exchange
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
We have a new one for you. It's not a meme coin but it somewhat fits into the Star Trek realm.... TAK https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-takcoin-rebranded-tolerance-acceptance-knowledge-tak-is-back-sha256-452902
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
I have access a very old PPC Macbook. I don't think that will help.  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Has anybody from the organization tested it yet? I have no way of testing it myself.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
legendary
Federation Credit  version 2.3 Github has been updated
legendary
I have had many requests regarding instructions on how to set up a Windows QT compile environment for the coin clients. Without a precise install, one can run into all sorts of odd problems, including the exception (Application has requested to close..... type errors) along with all the dependency setup snags one can have.

Before last night, some of my setup had been done in the wee hours of the morning when one starts to try things without documenting or remembering them. It would have been difficult for me to write up instructions.

Last night, I had to recompile the QT environment again with a much clearer head and some documenting.

I will be building a dedicated Windows Development computer over this weekend or so. I will document the entire process I take to create the QT compile environment and publish it. It is not really all that difficult, just a precise type of install.

I will be doing this as a favor the larger community, but WILL NOT be offering any in depth tech support.   Wink

legendary
There is a much improved Federation Credit Windows QT version 2.3 on the Google drive now. Same download address.

I am going to call this optional but recommended.

1. Scan animation has been added.

2.Dialog and button style and readability improved.

3. Fixed the verify message bug that prevented closing the dialog. One would need to have the OS force close the client to close the window. This bug effects MANY coins including BTC.

I will add and upload these changes to github for Linux users in a bit.

Between last night and today, I have learned quite a bit more about how the QT tools work and I have some really nice things I want to add to the clients in the future. (Hint: A bit of sound)
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Also if you have the time, please support the new announcement thread for UFC: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ufc-startrek-united-federation-of-planets-credit-new-algo-new-client-452589

AKA:
- support people with questions
- make it exciting, bump to front page
- mine UFC

There is so much that Mogrith, Dream and I can do on our own.

Just like Merlin's magical power in King Arthur, he gets weaker the lesser people believe in him. The lesser we have community support, then the weaker these coins going to be, even if they are technically sound.

Dream add to op please Mac wallet for GPL I think I can get more done we just need to donate

The link is on the sci-fi forum
Also if you have the time, please support the new announcement thread for UFC: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ufc-startrek-united-federation-of-planets-credit-new-algo-new-client-452589

AKA:
- support people with questions
- make it exciting, bump to front page
- mine UFC

There is so much that Mogrith, Dream and I can do on our own.

Just like Merlin's magical power in King Arthur, he gets weaker the lesser people believe in him. The lesser we have community support, then the weaker these coins going to be, even if they are technically sound.

From the PR company: We are making some rounds in twitter: https://twitter.com/search?q=%22sci-fi%20coins%22&src=typd&f=realtime

And got some more pickup: http://www.finextra.com/news/fullstory.aspx?newsitemid=25694&topic=payments

Hopefully we are building up support from Star Trek & other Scifi communities soon.
http://cryptowheel.net/ added GPL for Dice and Wheel games!
legendary
Changes made. I did have it locked but unlocked it a little bit ago to update version number. will leave unlocked.
I can reply to it now, maybe it was waiting for an admin to unlock.

Mog, can you add StarTrek: in the title. Most people do not know that UFC is startrek money.
And maybe cryptocointalk?
Very nice, Dream and Mog!

Can you add the cryptsy request link to OP?

It's funny that I cannot reply to that thread. Is it locked?
legendary
legendary
Pretty
just a reminder if you have already converted to ver 2.2.2 you do not need to use the convert.bat file. that is only for converting you old scrypt UFC into the new Blake256 UFC.

I normally put the new client in a new folder and add to the name the old folded -old do not use.
Pages:
Jump to: