Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 112. (Read 300616 times)

legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001
Will you be buying ASICMiner blades [which should be out within a couple weeks] with the funds just made from all of the treasury shares sold?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
If the Second Avalon is online now then write another Update  on btct.co       Potential Investors and existing shareholders wwant to know that i guess ;-)

The second Avalon will be arriving later this week. This 60gh/s SC Single is in addition to the Avalon which is in transit right now Smiley

Regardless, I agree that BTC-TC is due for an update.

Cheers
Activity: 709
Merit: 500
Gridcoin Foundation
If the Second Avalon is online now then write another Update  on btct.co       Potential Investors and existing shareholders wwant to know that i guess ;-)
legendary
What's a GPU?
The great news for cognitive just keeps coming! (See this update if you haven't already: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2738979)

We just bought a SC Single that gets ~60gh/s and it is hashing for us right now, putting our estimated hashrate at the end up this week all the way up to 213gh/s Cheesy

Additionally, ALL off the Cognitive treasury shares just sold, so we now have over 400 btc in our reserves to purchase more hardware with!

Does that mean another 60gh will be online in the near future?

Yea  this saturday :-)

Actually, it's online right now! I was hosting the unit for the former owner already so the transition took just a few minutes Smiley

Cheers,
Garrett
Gridcoin Foundation
I apologize for the confusion on my part there, I had thought you were still thinking about the new offer of 150 shares instead of 300.

No, I thought I made it clear but if not, my fault.

Anyway I have a policy of not changing the price on a deal after it is accepted. That is a questionable act in my book for both parties involved.

Thanks.

But I guess you haven't accepted this deal until early today, like when the share price reach like 0.6/share. I guess things change fast, if you missed the deal that day that time, you missed it.

No, I had accepted it before but only posted when I did to make a point about something else. Also I would have just dropped it but there was some confusion about the deal so I cleared up some FUD that was posted in this thread.

Ironic how the report of this deal helped move the stock price up, and that price going up meant that the deal could not happen.

Oh well. Live and learn.

Perhaps you'd reconsider selling for straight BTC instead.  Given that our treasury shares are now sold,  we should be brimming with hardware funds.

we were able to work something out in the end. also i bought a significant amount of more stock to assist in kicking that wall down.

Yea  this saturday :-)
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I apologize for the confusion on my part there, I had thought you were still thinking about the new offer of 150 shares instead of 300.

Anyway I have a policy of not changing the price on a deal after it is accepted. That is a questionable act in my book for both parties involved.

Thanks.

But I guess you haven't accepted this deal until early today, like when the share price reach like 0.6/share. I guess things change fast, if you missed the deal that day that time, you missed it.

No, I had accepted it before but only posted when I did to make a point about something else. Also I would have just dropped it but there was some confusion about the deal so I cleared up some FUD that was posted in this thread.

Ironic how the report of this deal helped move the stock price up, and that price going up meant that the deal could not happen.

Oh well. Live and learn.

Perhaps you'd reconsider selling for straight BTC instead.  Given that our treasury shares are now sold,  we should be brimming with hardware funds.

we were able to work something out in the end. also i bought a significant amount of more stock to assist in kicking that wall down.

legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

Thanks.

Oh well. Live and learn.

Gridcoin Foundation
For those who may have missed the update, I've quoted it here:

Here is what I just posted in the BTC-TC/Cognitive news feed:

Hello Shareholders!

This Saturday, I proudly opened the box containing one of our two Avalon miners that we have purchases using a total of 900 of our treasury shares. The second Avalon will be mailed to us tomorrow and online by the end of the week!

Additionally, BFL is making great progress in shipping their SC Singles, which we have a very early pre-order for seven of! These units run at ~60gh/s each.

Our current hashrate: 83 gh/s

Our hashrate at the end of the week: 153 gh/s

Our hashrate after the BFL units are delivered (soon): 573 gh/s

Our hashrate after the BFL and Avalon chips are delivered (September): 960 gh/s

Our hashrate after all of the above and we spend our remaining treasury shares + growth funds: 1.1+ th/s (1100+ gh/s)

In addition to all of this good news: as of last week Cognitive has paid out OVER 1000 bitcoins in dividends! For our current inventory and total dividend history you can always refer to http://cognitivemining.com/

These are going to be a very exciting few months for Cognitve Smiley

Cheers,
Garrett

WOOW what an update! Thank you so much!  please  keep us informed with updates  for the next Avalon is hashing!    It will bump up to Share Price for sure!   Stay  tuned guys!
legendary
What's a GPU?
For those who may have missed the update, I've quoted it here:

Hello Shareholders!

This Saturday, I proudly opened the box containing one of our two Avalon miners that we have purchases using a total of 900 of our treasury shares. The second Avalon will be mailed to us tomorrow and online by the end of the week!

Additionally, BFL is making great progress in shipping their SC Singles, which we have a very early pre-order for seven of! These units run at ~60gh/s each.

Our hashrate after all of the above and we spend our remaining treasury shares + growth funds: 1.1+ th/s (1100+ gh/s)

In addition to all of this good news: as of last week Cognitive has paid out OVER 1000 bitcoins in dividends! For our current inventory and total dividend history you can always refer to http://cognitivemining.com/

Cheers,
Garrett
legendary
What's a GPU?

Thanks.

I am at fault there however, for not specifying how long the offer was, or what might nullify it (like a large increase in share price).

My apologies for not being as clear as I wanted to.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Thanks.

legendary
What's a GPU?
legendary
What's a GPU?
We should still have the same amount of BTC funds in reserves after this transaction as it's paid for purely with stock.  Do we have any other offers on the table where we can spend some of our btc on hand to get more hashing power?

That is correct. And yes, I am currently negotiating with multiple people regarding Avalon pre-orders and physical units. It might also be worthwhile to look into KNCminer. Additionally, I am testing some BitFury chips this week, and we might want to place an order for some of their chips.

I'll keep the thread updated!

Best,
Garrett

How much would Cog pay for an in hand BFL 60 ghs ASIC?

Thanks.

Following the pricing schedule we are paying for the Avalon, I believe 300 shares would be a fair price for this. We do have sufficient shares in the treasury account so this will not be a problem.

Are there any objections? I am all for getting our hashrate up ASAP therefore would like to take you up on this offer if you're interested and there are no disagreements Smiley

Cheers,
Garrett

I would be happy to accept that offer as I am having trouble with my current hosting solution.

Thanks.

Better hurry before all those treasury shares get bought! Grin

Did this deal fall through? I don't think it was included in the news update.

Currently because of increased share value I am renegotiating that deal. I am open to purchasing hardware with our remaining 700+ shares if we value them at 0.62+ each, which is what they're currently listed for.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Hey Garr,
Thanks for the great news!
I just have one question, according to your numbers, are the Avalon we just bought running at 70GH instead of 80GH?

Yes that is correct.

Also I forgot to add, that when we reach 1.1th/s, with the current difficulty rate we would be producing BTC21.14 per day. (using http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator for maths)
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
We should still have the same amount of BTC funds in reserves after this transaction as it's paid for purely with stock.  Do we have any other offers on the table where we can spend some of our btc on hand to get more hashing power?

That is correct. And yes, I am currently negotiating with multiple people regarding Avalon pre-orders and physical units. It might also be worthwhile to look into KNCminer. Additionally, I am testing some BitFury chips this week, and we might want to place an order for some of their chips.

Best,
Garrett

Thanks.

Following the pricing schedule we are paying for the Avalon, I believe 300 shares would be a fair price for this. We do have sufficient shares in the treasury account so this will not be a problem.

Are there any objections? I am all for getting our hashrate up ASAP therefore would like to take you up on this offer if you're interested and there are no disagreements Smiley

Cheers,
Garrett

I would be happy to accept that offer as I am having trouble with my current hosting solution.

Thanks.

Did this deal fall through? I don't think it was included in the news update.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Hey Garr,
Thanks for the great news!
I just have one question, according to your numbers, are the Avalon we just bought running at 70GH instead of 80GH?
legendary
What's a GPU?

Hello Shareholders!

Cheers,
Garrett
We should still have the same amount of BTC funds in reserves after this transaction as it's paid for purely with stock.  Do we have any other offers on the table where we can spend some of our btc on hand to get more hashing power?

Best,
Garrett

Thanks.

Cheers,
Garrett

Thanks.

legendary
What's a GPU?
Thanks for the input, all. Updates, stats, and info are all coming soon!

Cheers,
Garrett
Jump to: