Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 111. (Read 300616 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I'm currently fielding offers for more in-hand Avalon and BFL SC units. By next week our hashrate is going to be far above projections in the update Smiley
This is called the exciting news! =D
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
to the people talking about a split, don't you think we need to wait till the end of the week when everything is turned on? lol. been following COGNITIVE for a while and this is exactly what was planned, great job Garrett. personally I can't wait until the fall

Prices seem to move more irrationally (to the benefit of current holders) following a split, no?  Didn't the same increase in hashpower move bASIC from .6 to 1.1btc (pre-split), then from like .35 to .8 (post split), even though the magnitude of the impact was almost tenfold the later time?  
Activity: 709
Merit: 500
Gridcoin Foundation
then write a new Update with New Projetions :-)
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
I'm currently fielding offers for more in-hand Avalon and BFL SC units. By next week our hashrate is going to be far above projections in the update Smiley
Activity: 60
I apologize for the confusion on my part there, I had thought you were still thinking about the new offer of 150 shares instead of 300.

No, I thought I made it clear but if not, my fault.

Anyway I have a policy of not changing the price on a deal after it is accepted. That is a questionable act in my book for both parties involved.

Thanks.

But I guess you haven't accepted this deal until early today, like when the share price reach like 0.6/share. I guess things change fast, if you missed the deal that day that time, you missed it.

No, I had accepted it before but only posted when I did to make a point about something else. Also I would have just dropped it but there was some confusion about the deal so I cleared up some FUD that was posted in this thread.

Ironic how the report of this deal helped move the stock price up, and that price going up meant that the deal could not happen.

Oh well. Live and learn.

Perhaps you'd reconsider selling for straight BTC instead.  Given that our treasury shares are now sold,  we should be brimming with hardware funds.

we were able to work something out in the end. also i bought a significant amount of more stock to assist in kicking that wall down.

Nice. I bought about half of everything up to the wall.  Cheesy
legendary
What's a GPU?
And just in case somebody missed all the good news:

Here is what I just posted in the BTC-TC/Cognitive news feed:

Hello Shareholders!

This Saturday, I proudly opened the box containing one of our two Avalon miners that we have purchases using a total of 900 of our treasury shares. The second Avalon will be mailed to us tomorrow and online by the end of the week!

Additionally, BFL is making great progress in shipping their SC Singles, which we have a very early pre-order for seven of! These units run at ~60gh/s each.

Our current hashrate: 83 gh/s

Our hashrate at the end of the week: 153 gh/s

Our hashrate after the BFL units are delivered (soon): 573 gh/s

Our hashrate after the BFL and Avalon chips are delivered (September): 960 gh/s

Our hashrate after all of the above and we spend our remaining treasury shares + growth funds: 1.1+ th/s (1100+ gh/s)

In addition to all of this good news: as of last week Cognitive has paid out OVER 1000 bitcoins in dividends! For our current inventory and total dividend history you can always refer to http://cognitivemining.com/

These are going to be a very exciting few months for Cognitve Smiley

Cheers,
Garrett

The great news for cognitive just keeps coming! (See this update if you haven't already: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2738979)

We just bought a SC Single that gets ~60gh/s and it is hashing for us right now, putting our estimated hashrate at the end up this week all the way up to 213gh/s Cheesy

Additionally, ALL off the Cognitive treasury shares just sold, so we now have over 400 btc in our reserves to purchase more hardware with!

Does that mean another 60gh will be online in the near future?

Yea  this saturday :-)

Actually, it's online right now! I was hosting the unit for the former owner already so the transition took just a few minutes Smiley

Cheers,
Garrett
legendary
What's a GPU?
Right..."wall"!?  Cool

Can't wait to see next weekend's divvys!

Edit: Quick question - COG.F still equals 20 shares of Conitive correct? Those COG.F funds are placed in holding until a miner purchase opportunity presents itself?
COG.F funds were used to purchase the avalon chips discussed earlier.  Once they have been mounted to boards and are mining, cog.f will be converted into standard cognitive shares.

That's correct. One COG.F is a contract for 20 shares of Cognitive which will be delivered when our Avalon chips are hashing this September.

to the people talking about a split, don't you think we need to wait till the end of the week when everything is turned on? lol. been following COGNITIVE for a while and this is exactly what was planned, great job Garrett. personally I can't wait until the fall

Yeah let's not rush things. Let's keep as many things constant as possible, then in a week or two we can reevaluate whether a split would be really beneficial. (My thoughts are if we go over 2btc per share a split would be beneficial).

Another option would be to create a microshares asset for Cognitive, where you can purchase down to 1% of a share.

And thanks for the kudos, igba Smiley
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Right..."wall"!?  Cool

Edit: Quick question - COG.F still equals 20 shares of Conitive correct? Those COG.F funds are placed in holding until a miner purchase opportunity presents itself?
COG.F funds were used to purchase the avalon chips discussed earlier.  Once they have been mounted to boards and are mining, cog.f will be converted into standard cognitive shares.
Activity: 111
Activity: 583
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
Right..."wall"!?  Cool

legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001
Well thought id be able to help out with the wall this morning, looks like that 1000 or so share wall got removed fairly quick.  Shocked

Take out that 0.917980 wall!  Cheesy
Activity: 583
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
Well thought id be able to help out with the wall this morning, looks like that 1000 or so share wall got removed fairly quick.  Shocked
Does it make sense to do a 10:1 stock split?

indeed stock split may help improve liquidity. or not?

There are many Users with potential low investments i think.
Yea, I agree with you, it also helps reinvesting the dividends.
Activity: 709
Gridcoin Foundation
Does it make sense to do a 10:1 stock split?

indeed stock split may help improve liquidity. or not?

There are many Users with potential low investments i think.
I apologize for the confusion on my part there, I had thought you were still thinking about the new offer of 150 shares instead of 300.

No, I thought I made it clear but if not, my fault.

Anyway I have a policy of not changing the price on a deal after it is accepted. That is a questionable act in my book for both parties involved.

Thanks.

But I guess you haven't accepted this deal until early today, like when the share price reach like 0.6/share. I guess things change fast, if you missed the deal that day that time, you missed it.

No, I had accepted it before but only posted when I did to make a point about something else. Also I would have just dropped it but there was some confusion about the deal so I cleared up some FUD that was posted in this thread.

Ironic how the report of this deal helped move the stock price up, and that price going up meant that the deal could not happen.

Oh well. Live and learn.

Perhaps you'd reconsider selling for straight BTC instead.  Given that our treasury shares are now sold,  we should be brimming with hardware funds.

we were able to work something out in the end. also i bought a significant amount of more stock to assist in kicking that wall down.

Congrats for the deal. Smiley
That last update....dem hash rates...

right? Grin

Is there a share price that when reached there might be a split like BASIC-MINING had recently? Something like 1 to 10

It seemed to have quite the positive effect on share price.

How many shares have been issued so far? 10,000?
legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

right? Grin

Is there a share price that when reached there might be a split like BASIC-MINING had recently? Something like 1 to 10

It seemed to have quite the positive effect on share price.

How many shares have been issued so far? 10,000?
Activity: 92
Will you be buying ASICMiner blades [which should be out within a couple weeks] with the funds just made from all of the treasury shares sold?

Whats the ROI for this round of ASICMiner blades?  I knew most previous hardware from them was way overpriced.
legendary
What's a GPU?
In the past AM Blades have been ridiculously overpriced. If they are selling at a competitive rate then we will surely consider them.
Jump to: