Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 110. (Read 300616 times)

legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001
people taking some profits huh? looks like low volume though
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
I certainly cant complain about anything. Can't wait to see whats next.
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
I never bought with the intentions of breaking even from dividends.  I just don't want my bitcoins sitting in a wallet doing nothing.   Spreading them out over the most trusted securities (like Cognitive) on the most reliable exchanges (like BTC-TC) seems like a good idea to me. 
Activity: 887
Merit: 1000
That's essentially what I'm asking. Logically this price is not profitable from an ROI standpoint. I'm asking what else is there that I'm missing that warrants this to be priced over that? Future gains? Those still don't make this profitable if we assume every time runs as planned in the ASIC world.

How is this logically not profitable? Money spent on shares (hopefully) does not eveaporate. You receive dividends and still own the shares which might appreciate. I remains to be seen what the dividends will be but they will certainly be a higher multiple than the share price suggests.

Somehow I think there is a wrong headed notion that the dividends should pay for the shares in a timely fashion like the return on mining hardware. We're not discussing mining profitability here.

I'm not saying you're wrong for claiming they may appreciate because that I can't predict.

I can tell you that even if he had ALL, that's right EVERYTHING he claims hell have by past Septmeber today it wouldn't be enough.

"Our hashrate after all of the above and we spend our remaining treasury shares + growth funds: 1.1+ th/s (1100 gh/s)"

Put this into our calc we get 1100000/10420 that leaves us with 105Mh/s a share. With a price of 1BTC we put this into our calc;

http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/. with 105MH/s and a cost of 95 and a 6 month time frame you will breakeven in 2 years. In three months you'll be down 63USD.

Remember you're losing with gear he doesn't even have yet so to figure it out with his current structure you're a bigger loser.

This leaves me to speculate that you guys are missing something rather obvious or you're making a big gamble that he'll get all this "gear" tomorrow and even if he did you're still losing. This is why I'm asking investors why they are currently buying right now in case there is something I have blatantly missed. If you got in from the start that's another story and one I don't care to discuss. I'm talking about the current assest as it stands today.

Go research any stock out on the nyse or nasdaq paying dividends and calculate how long it it will take you to break even,  you wont find anything under 2 years

Looks like APPL would take around 20 to 30 years. or something lol
legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
That's essentially what I'm asking. Logically this price is not profitable from an ROI standpoint. I'm asking what else is there that I'm missing that warrants this to be priced over that? Future gains? Those still don't make this profitable if we assume every time runs as planned in the ASIC world.

How is this logically not profitable? Money spent on shares (hopefully) does not eveaporate. You receive dividends and still own the shares which might appreciate. I remains to be seen what the dividends will be but they will certainly be a higher multiple than the share price suggests.

Somehow I think there is a wrong headed notion that the dividends should pay for the shares in a timely fashion like the return on mining hardware. We're not discussing mining profitability here.

I'm not saying you're wrong for claiming they may appreciate because that I can't predict.

I can tell you that even if he had ALL, that's right EVERYTHING he claims hell have by past Septmeber today it wouldn't be enough.

"Our hashrate after all of the above and we spend our remaining treasury shares + growth funds: 1.1+ th/s (1100 gh/s)"

Put this into our calc we get 1100000/10420 that leaves us with 105Mh/s a share. With a price of 1BTC we put this into our calc;

http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/. with 105MH/s and a cost of 95 and a 6 month time frame you will breakeven in 2 years. In three months you'll be down 63USD.

Remember you're losing with gear he doesn't even have yet so to figure it out with his current structure you're a bigger loser.

This leaves me to speculate that you guys are missing something rather obvious or you're making a big gamble that he'll get all this "gear" tomorrow and even if he did you're still losing. This is why I'm asking investors why they are currently buying right now in case there is something I have blatantly missed. If you got in from the start that's another story and one I don't care to discuss. I'm talking about the current assest as it stands today.

Go research any stock out on the nyse or nasdaq paying dividends and calculate how long it it will take you to break even,  you wont find anything under 2 years
Activity: 887

2 years break even from dividends of lord sounds horrible.
Activity: 356
Merit: 250

Activity: 44

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

I think you're right to ask. As far as I can understand the mining-business, it is a race to get the hardware before the others. If you manage to get your hardware in the real world (not a pre-order undelivered for month - years), you will be successfull. People are betting on the future of these companies that are able to stay ahead. So yes, I think that the price/share reflects the trust that the shareholders can have in the ability of these companies to get these machines (now or later) and get the future gains expected.

Is it the news and publicity that is causing people to blindly purchase?
I'm pretty sure that there is out there some people that blindly purchase. And yes there is some "news" and "announcement" effect

Hope it helps!

Patrick
I don't get why people don't understand why the price is not set only by the ROI or by the share_price/dividends. I think the bitcoin world need trust and well managed companies. That's why the price is high and if it is too high, the market will do his work.

I wish I had bought the shares a few weeks ago when I was asking myself if I should or not -.-

Patrick

Is it the news and publicity that is causing people to blindly purchase?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
I don't get why people don't understand why the price is not set only by the ROI or by the share_price/dividends. I think the bitcoin world need trust and well managed companies. That's why the price is high and if it is too high, the market will do his work.

I wish I had bought the shares a few weeks ago when I was asking myself if I should or not -.-

Patrick
Activity: 350
Merit: 257
Trust No One
why are people buying this for .91BTC. It's not profitable even with 960gh/s now which we don't have. That's 92Mh/s per .91BTC share.
I really liked this asset and have been holding it since GLBSE times, but had to sell now, cause this price is just too high :-) Garett is doing a great job for Cognitive and I hope all well for his investors. Good luck!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Hey shareholders!

Today on behalf of Cognitive I completed the purchase of an Additional Two Avalons! These will be overnighted to us and will be hashing Thursday afternoon.

This puts our hashrate at the end of this week all the way up to 330+ gh/s!

This is a tremendous leap in hashrate for Cognitive and I'm glad that we are purchasing hardware now, because as you know, time is off the essence when mining!

With regard to the BFL SCs, no formal estimate from BFL as of now, but I don't expect it to be very much longer at all. I will post back here when I get a shipping notification of course Smiley

These are some great times for Cognitive!

Cheers,
Garrett
Great great news!!! Thanks for the hard work Garrett! We appreciated!
legendary
Activity: 938
What's a GPU?
Hey shareholders!

Today on behalf of Cognitive I completed the purchase of an Additional Two Avalons! These will be overnighted to us and will be hashing Thursday afternoon.

This puts our hashrate at the end of this week all the way up to 330+ gh/s!

This is a tremendous leap in hashrate for Cognitive and I'm glad that we are purchasing hardware now, because as you know, time is off the essence when mining!

With regard to the BFL SCs, no formal estimate from BFL as of now, but I don't expect it to be very much longer at all. I will post back here when I get a shipping notification of course Smiley

These are some great times for Cognitive!

Cheers,
Garrett
Activity: 36
you are in the minority if you are asking this question Roll Eyes
why are people buying this for .91BTC. It's not profitable even with 960gh/s now which we don't have. That's 92Mh/s per .91BTC share.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
EDIT: Any emails or hints as to when those 7 BFL rigs are going to ship? Just sometime soon?

Hopefully soon. This site shows several Single near order order #3277 have been delivered. Maybe within the next week or so?! I'm really not sure how reliable going by this site is though.

http://bfl.ptz.ro/
Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
to the people talking about a split, don't you think we need to wait till the end of the week when everything is turned on? lol. been following COGNITIVE for a while and this is exactly what was planned, great job Garrett. personally I can't wait until the fall

Prices seem to move more irrationally (to the benefit of current holders) following a split, no?  Didn't the same increase in hashpower move bASIC from .6 to 1.1btc (pre-split), then from like .35 to .8 (post split), even though the magnitude of the impact was almost tenfold the later time? 

Current price is already irrational.

Maybe so, but that's why it's called an investment, price may not always be irrational. Not to mention this is a virtual currency, whos to say what is rational? I've got faith in Garrett's ability to manage this asset, and the near months will show the hard work of planning both from him and the shareholders. Grab your hard hat because we might be breaking some ceilings. Grin

As far as the stock split goes, I honestly thought the increased liquidity would be detrimental to bASIC's share price, but we all saw what happened. And unless I'm mistaken, burnside worked with creativex to fix the charts/dividends/etc.

EDIT: Any emails or hints as to when those 7 BFL rigs are going to ship? Just sometime soon?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1033
(My thoughts are if we go over 2btc per share a split would be beneficial).

What are downsides of split?

It looks like btct.co doesn't auto-update some parts, particularly, charts. Otherwise it is nice to have better granularity
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
to the people talking about a split, don't you think we need to wait till the end of the week when everything is turned on? lol. been following COGNITIVE for a while and this is exactly what was planned, great job Garrett. personally I can't wait until the fall

Prices seem to move more irrationally (to the benefit of current holders) following a split, no?  Didn't the same increase in hashpower move bASIC from .6 to 1.1btc (pre-split), then from like .35 to .8 (post split), even though the magnitude of the impact was almost tenfold the later time?  

Current price is already irrational.
Jump to: