Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 129. (Read 300616 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
Be careful
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1287486
To see why it was delisted, read the post above the one linked.

I like the colored-coins idea.  I think that has a lot of potential.

Yes. I am not supporting, endorsing, or recommending this; I am simply providing the option.

Hey Garr,

some asset operators got the full list of asset holders from Nefario recently. Did you get it also? I was still missing on your list last time.

Hello,

Yes, Nefario has sent the completed list to me and I've sent it to burnside to process. I'll post back after he has sorted everything out.

Cheers,
Garrett
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Hey all, dividends went out tonight. Check https://btct.co/security/COGNITIVE

Additionally, A shareholder has brought to my attention that it is sometimes desirable to have an off-exchange asset parking service. Although I am not doing it with my personal assets because I trust the security measures burnside (BTC-TC operator) has taken to keep our accounts secure, this would take asset security to the next level by utilizing GPG. The site is https://assets-otc.com/about.php and if you are interested in parking your assets there just let me know.

Cheers,
Garrett

Be careful
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1287486
To see why it was delisted, read the post above the one linked.

I like the colored-coins idea.  I think that has a lot of potential.
Activity: 350
Merit: 257
Trust No One
Hey Garr,

some asset operators got the full list of asset holders from Nefario recently. Did you get it also? I was still missing on your list last time.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Hey all, dividends went out tonight. Check https://btct.co/security/COGNITIVE

Additionally, A shareholder has brought to my attention that it is sometimes desirable to have an off-exchange asset parking service. Although I am not doing it with my personal assets because I trust the security measures burnside (BTC-TC operator) has taken to keep our accounts secure, this would take asset security to the next level by utilizing GPG. The site is https://assets-otc.com/about.php and if you are interested in parking your assets there just let me know.

Cheers,
Garrett
legendary
What's a GPU?
I forgot about this.  Is there still plans to to issue a motion to save a percentage of revenue for growth?

Yes. Expect it within a week.

Cheers,
Garrett
I'd support redirecting 50% (or more) of revenue toward growth.  I believe that is the only way to stay on top of the curve and keep the dividend steady.  As long as difficulty is going up there are only two paths Cognitive can take:

A) Spend a chunk on growth, pay the remainder as a (steady and reliable) dividend.

B) Spend nothing on growth, pay a diminishing dividend until there's not enough coming in to keep the lights on.

I agree. This and utilizing a futures fund when and if we want to issue more shares to expand.

I will raise a motion for this after the current one ends.

As an aside, I've noticed that I agree with nearly all suggestions made on this thread. This just goes to show that intelligent people invest in Cognitive Wink

Edit:

Now we just have to decide the percentage of the revenue to be dedicated to growth. I suppose this could be done by using multiple motions. One (that needs 70%) to determine whether we dedicate x% of revenue to growth, and the others (that need best yes:no ratio) to decide the percentage to be reinvested in growth.

I think 50% would be optimal. We will likely be able to keep up with the latest in mining technology without temporarily diluting current shares before new hardware arrives.

I forgot about this.  Is there still plans to to issue a motion to save a percentage of revenue for growth?
legendary
What's a GPU?
Good morning everyone!

I've scheduled the dividend to go out at 5:00 PST tonight. It is a total of 191.2997699BTC which comes out to 0.02220285BTC per share, with the current outstanding shares at 8616.

Now is a great time to pick up some Cognitive Smiley

Cheers,
Garrett
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol
I just wanted to give a public thanks to Garr255 for all the great work in sorting out the mess.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
Is there any way Cognitive could set up a Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP), where share are not held on any exchange and any dividends that would go to the shareholder instead go to purchasing new shares?

As of this evening, DRIP is now an option in the Portfolio: My Dividends tab.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1399240

Cheers.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Is there any way Cognitive could set up a Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP), where share are not held on any exchange and any dividends that would go to the shareholder instead go to purchasing new shares?

Burnside just said he will add this to his TODO list, so this will be able to happen on-exchange.

In case you didn't catch it earlier, I get an email list of shareholders' emails and shares owned every 12 hours, which significantly reduces my concern when it comes to keeping shares on-exchange.

Cheers,
Garrett
legendary
What's a GPU?
Thanks guys, I'm glad you're all happy with how this got sorted out!

Also, James has been really good about replying to me lately, and I'm happy to say that after the claims that have already been submitted, there will be less than 100 Cognitive shares in limbo Smiley

--Garrett
You're doing a great job with this asset Garr. Count me in for a few shares.Smiley

agreed, Garr resolved this awkward situation superfast, wasn't stingy with comm and showed forethought. Such behavior raises trust a lot. Thanks for that.

I have to agree with the above comments!

We will be adding some extras to your order...box of honey toffee, some chocolate/almond/toffee bark, and some extra caramels.

Hats off to you.

I also agree.  I got my  shares back from Garr's work in fixing the mess.  I am lucky I chose Cognitive to invest in.  Garr is a person with a lot of integrity.
Activity: 457
Merit: 291
You're doing a great job with this asset Garr. Count me in for a few shares.Smiley

agreed, Garr resolved this awkward situation superfast, wasn't stingy with comm and showed forethought. Such behavior raises trust a lot. Thanks for that.

I have to agree with the above comments!

We will be adding some extras to your order...box of honey toffee, some chocolate/almond/toffee bark, and some extra caramels.

Hats off to you.
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
Just wanted to say a public thanks to you Garr255. 

I got my shares on btct.co, making you the first issuer out of all my former glbse holdings to achieve what I'd call a full resolution of the mess. 

Keep up the great work!

donator
Activity: 477

Activity: 434
legendary
What's a GPU?
[...]If you hold shares personally then you need to make a second account and transfer them to it.  Don't forget to put any shares for unclaimed shares into a separate account as well - so their share of dividends is properly calculated and reserved.

Already done, but thanks for the info.

Actually, a cool feature of BTC-TC: you can make your portfolio public. I've done that with the Cognitive account and it is viewable here: https://btct.co/portfolio/frc2

...Just that much more transparency for Cognitive Smiley

Cheers,
Garrett

I'll be looking into this. Although it's likely this won't happen, expect a update shortly.

Just did the math... the next dividend (December 15th) will total over BTC190, which is over 0.0182341650671785 per share!

IMO, it's a great time to pick up some Cognitive Smiley

Not to be nitpicky, but aren't we sitting at .02212... per share until the 1831 that's left that were issued sell?

I'm not sure whether dividends are sent to the issuer account on BTC-TC, so I just included them in the total number of shares. If the issuer's account did receive dividend payment then that would just go towards next week's dividend, but I'll make sure that the issuer account doesn't receive them before then. So yes, with the current number of outstanding shares (8589) we will be looking at 0.0221213179648387+ per share Cheesy

Sorry for that miscalculation. I'm just glad it was a pleasant surprise!

Cheers,
Garrett

Dividends are only divided amongst outstanding shares - they don't go to any held in the issuer's account.  If you hold shares personally then you need to make a second account and transfer them to it.  Don't forget to put any shares for unclaimed shares into a seperate account as well - so their share of dividends is properly calculated and reserved.
legendary
What's a GPU?

I'll be looking into this. Although it's likely this won't happen, expect an update shortly.

Just did the math... the next dividend (December 15th) will total over BTC190, which is over 0.0182341650671785 per share!

Not to be nitpicky, but aren't we sitting at .02212... per share until the 1831 that's left that were issued sell?

I'm not sure whether dividends are sent to the issuer account on BTC-TC, so I just included them in the total number of shares. If the issuer's account did receive dividend payment then that would just go towards next week's dividend, but I'll make sure that the issuer account doesn't receive them before then. So yes, with the current number of outstanding shares (8589) we will be looking at 0.0221213179648387+ per share Cheesy

Sorry for that miscalculation. I'm just glad it was a pleasant surprise!

Cheers,
Garrett
Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Jump to: