Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 72. (Read 300616 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
When will FIMB be released?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
From post #1754 page 88
A financials report will come quarterly starting December 2nd, and the second one being released on January 1st.

Was this report ever completed?

The last dividend in question looks like it was sent out November 29th.  I assume from the comments, this dividend was released through BTC-TC and now some address is missing?

The full dividend minus the reinvestment fund must have originated from somewhere, from some address under your (Garret) control.  It would have had to been withdrawn from what ever mining pool we were mining at at the time.  We can start with that address and track it from there.

I don't think there is any need to go searching for some address related to BTC TC that may or may not exist.  Am I wrong here?

Finally from post #1427 page 72
Yesterday, I placed an order for Cognitive from CoinTerra! I negotiated a discounted rate so we were able to purchase 14 2th/s boxes for a total hashrate of 28th/s, to be delivered in January!

For added protection, I signed a contract with CoinTerra that includes: "If delivery is beyond January 31 2014, for every thirty days late CoinTerra is in delivery of hardware, CoinTerra shall deliver an additional 30% of the total
hashpower agreed to in this contract. if no hardware is delivered within 180 days after January
31, a full refund shall be made to Cognitive."

As stabs first brought up in post #1430 Coin Terra is under no obligation to deliver this order.  There is no repercussion for not delivering this order.  This basically a loan at 0% which can last for up to 180 days after January 31st 2013. 

I was very positive about this venture for a long time, but there are too many question marks and not enough answers.

CoinTerra will indeed ship this order regardless of the loophole in their contract. They have every incentive too, because their reputation will be tarnished if we make it public that they abused their contract like this.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Thanks pascal, please share your findings (and let us know if you need any help analyzing the results - hopefully we can figure out whatever we need from the public blockchain once we have an address to start at).
Activity: 493
Merit: 262
I do not have the addresses connected to the BTC-TC Cognitive account, and cannot get to them because we all can't log into BTC-TC any more.
It should be no problem contacting Burnside to figure out which adresses were connected to the Cognitive account, in case you really have no adress on file.
Please send Burnside an email yourself, using this post as my authorization for him to release it to you. This way I cannot lie and give you a different address.
I contacted him. Thanks.
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
From post #1754 page 88
A financials report will come quarterly starting December 2nd, and the second one being released on January 1st.

Was this report ever completed?

The last dividend in question looks like it was sent out November 29th.  I assume from the comments, this dividend was released through BTC-TC and now some address is missing?

The full dividend minus the reinvestment fund must have originated from somewhere, from some address under your (Garret) control.  It would have had to been withdrawn from what ever mining pool we were mining at at the time.  We can start with that address and track it from there.

I don't think there is any need to go searching for some address related to BTC TC that may or may not exist.  Am I wrong here?

Finally from post #1427 page 72
Yesterday, I placed an order for Cognitive from CoinTerra! I negotiated a discounted rate so we were able to purchase 14 2th/s boxes for a total hashrate of 28th/s, to be delivered in January!

For added protection, I signed a contract with CoinTerra that includes: "If delivery is beyond January 31 2014, for every thirty days late CoinTerra is in delivery of hardware, CoinTerra shall deliver an additional 30% of the total
hashpower agreed to in this contract. if no hardware is delivered within 180 days after January
31, a full refund shall be made to Cognitive."

As stabs first brought up in post #1430 Coin Terra is under no obligation to deliver this order.  There is no repercussion for not delivering this order.  This basically a loan at 0% which can last for up to 180 days after January 31st 2013. 

I was very positive about this venture for a long time, but there are too many question marks and not enough answers.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
The 28TH of new hardware is on schedule for January delivery, and arrangements for power are underway Smiley

Yes !  Grin

legendary
What's a GPU?
I do not have the addresses connected to the BTC-TC Cognitive account, and cannot get to them because we all can't log into BTC-TC any more.
It should be no problem contacting Burnside to figure out which adresses were connected to the Cognitive account, in case you really have no adress on file.

Please send Burnside an email yourself, using this post as my authorization for him to release it to you. This way I cannot lie and give you a different address.

What about tomorrow, how is the next hardware going ? Any news ?

The 28TH of new hardware is on schedule for January delivery, and arrangements for power are underway Smiley
legendary
What about tomorrow, how is the next hardware going ? Any news ?
Activity: 109
Is this finals week?  Maybe we can expect some additional attention to COG until classes resume?
Activity: 101
In one day, we already have 1.2 btc from slush's pool.
That is 1/5 of what we mined the previous 3 months?

The increased accountability for the future is fine, but we need clarity on the past as well.
So far, you have not addressed yet the fact that the October-November dividend was only 10-20% of the expected dividend.
I hope you will explain this, using all means necessary to get there.
Showing all payout addresses is a start.

It's very obvious that Garrett took the extra BTC, otherwise, he would have given some sort of response by now, a full week after we raised what should have been a very simple question.

BTC price went past $1000 and he got greedy.

I kind of feel like an idiot now for having trusted him despite his history here on this site.
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
In one day, we already have 1.2 btc from slush's pool.
That is 1/5 of what we mined the previous 3 months?

The increased accountability for the future is fine, but we need clarity on the past as well.
So far, you have not addressed yet the fact that the October-November dividend was only 10-20% of the expected dividend.
I hope you will explain this, using all means necessary to get there.
Showing all payout addresses is a start.
legendary
What's a GPU?
No need for panic, we have been mining with other pools since before the closure. I have always had backup pools set to automatically switch over if our current ones shut down. I will be finalizing the pool migration tonight so we will have a totally transparent operation with all addresses exposed.
Why aren't you posting the old adresses? Do you really want us to believe that you don't have them? It should be no problem contacting Burnside to figure out which adresses were connected to the Cognitive account, in case you really have no adress on file.

The addresses we will be switching to are:

1cogxXyYU2EXEbdcV9j18PWenRU7gAjt1 for Slush's pool.
1cogHCDW6ScMxuXQ5DNxS6LvLRVP18vBt for HHTT (becoming effective this evening)
1cogtXwSq9pZLfNsiFv48UFzjdEtZGTN7 for Eligius  (becoming effective this evening)
No need for panic, we have been mining with other pools since before the closure. I have always had backup pools set to automatically switch over if our current ones shut down. I will be finalizing the pool migration tonight so we will have a totally transparent operation with all addresses exposed.
Why aren't you posting the old adresses? Do you really want us to believe that you don't have them? It should be no problem contacting Burnside to figure out which adresses were connected to the Cognitive account, in case you really have no adress on file.
legendary
What's a GPU?
i got my cog f2 shares ,thank you garr

Great, no problem! Also, COG.F and COG.F2 are trading live!

What address are you addressing? We were mining on mineb.tc and always sent coins directly from the pool to either BTC-TC or Havelock. I am going to migrate us to a few different pools which I will have set up to deposit coins to a few addresses, one for each pool including:
1cogHCDW6ScMxuXQ5DNxS6LvLRVP18vBt
1cogtXwSq9pZLfNsiFv48UFzjdEtZGTN7
1cogxXyYU2EXEbdcV9j18PWenRU7gAjt1
etc.

This will make it extremely simply to follow Cognitive's mining output. And like I said in the previous post, realtime hashrate graphs are coming soon!

All of this info will go live on http://cognitivemining.com/charts , the first update being output addresses which will be done before the next dividend.

Cheers,
Garrett

GARRRRR!!! MINEB.TC has been closed for several days now, where are you currently mining? why don't you address this fact? do you even know mineb/tc has closed and stopped mining about 5 days ago?

Activity: 697
Merit: 501
I went over and took a look and it looks to be up to 0.5 now.  I thought about bidding, but its very hard to throw money into this endeavor in its current state.  There needs to be a lot of clarification and commitment from the operator before I (and others who aren't bidding higher for cog.f2) will have any confidence here. 

I do hope things work out because I will definitely jump back in.
Peace.
Activity: 843
Merit: 1001
the cog f2  bid price is 0.25 now, WTF??
Activity: 118
i got my cog f2 shares ,thank you garr

Great, no problem! Also, COG.F and COG.F2 are trading live!

What address are you addressing? We were mining on mineb.tc and always sent coins directly from the pool to either BTC-TC or Havelock. I am going to migrate us to a few different pools which I will have set up to deposit coins to a few addresses, one for each pool including:
1cogHCDW6ScMxuXQ5DNxS6LvLRVP18vBt
1cogtXwSq9pZLfNsiFv48UFzjdEtZGTN7
1cogxXyYU2EXEbdcV9j18PWenRU7gAjt1
etc.

This will make it extremely simply to follow Cognitive's mining output. And like I said in the previous post, realtime hashrate graphs are coming soon!

All of this info will go live on http://cognitivemining.com/charts , the first update being output addresses which will be done before the next dividend.

Cheers,
Garrett

Garrett,

I really don't want to pull your obviously-limited attention away from future profitable endeavors (like setting up the new mining addresses, ensuring things are ready for our hardware in January, etc) but please don't underestimate the importance of investor confidence and transparency into these past events.  What happened has happened, and no matter WHY it happened, knowing is better for investors than the current uncertainty.

If deposits were made directly to BTCT and/or Havelock, they must have still been made to one or more BTC addresses.  Could you tell us those addresses?  Then, with no further action on your part, investors could ask burnside/havelock to verify, or try to trace the flow of BTC to see if they end up in btct/havelock.  It isn't perfect, but it would at least give us some evidence instead of being left to wonder if it is the worst...

Thanks for your work, Garrett!
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
When will you resume the weekly dividends, as it is stated in the contract?
I think you should consider increasing your staff, as it seems you dont have the time to manage everything properly.
legendary
Whatever the dividend. The hardware that is running is obsolete = 0 profit, don't expect anything. The only chance for Cognitive to survive is the future hardware.

I'll not sell any share until the new hardware is online.
Pages:
Jump to: