Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 74. (Read 300616 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Yaay!!!
Cog f2 finally on Havelock!
legendary
Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
I'm usually defending Garrett, I consider myself the 'voice of reason', and given the few talks I've had with him I feel like he's a pretty cool dude. That said...

1. The poor communication is not cool.  However, it's been said already, either Garrett will take it to heart, or ignore it to the determent of COG.  I hope the former.
2. If mistakes were made, a pool ripped us off or malfunctioned (a pool having luck that bad for that long is highly unlikely - technical problems or scam are more likely explanations) then fine - tell us that.  But without understanding the cause of the under-expectations returns, we have no way to know if it was a fluke, or something that impacts future returns as well...
3. Yelling at Garrett, Threatening Garrett, Threatening to sell COG, etc are all unproductive.
4. If available, data about our payout address / mining details would be super nice to help substantiate and understand what happened over the last 2 or so months
5. Moving forward, having a non-public payout address is simply not acceptable.  I can't think of a single drawback and it has every advantage to address the naysayers and add much needed transparency.

Occasional stints of poor communication aside, you've done a fine job running COG, Garret, I look forward to you addressing these issues.

Thanks!

(Sidenote:  If the expected return is X, and the actual return is Y, given the hashrate, difficulty, etc., there is a 50% chance X>Y and a 50% chance X
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Sixth...

And where did cog f2 go???
Another "next week"Huh?
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
How about providing the payout address for Cognitive in order to prove your claims?

I second this - we need to see Cognitive's payout address.
I second this too.

Third

shareholder petition

fourth.
Fifth.  

I got out a couple weeks ago and feel pretty good about it.  Will consider getting back in if we get some answers, but I'm not holding my breath.

The good thing about bitcoin is it doesn't lie. 
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol
but we ended up getting 1/3 of a block?   is that right?

If it was actual solo mining (not p2pool), he got 0 blocks with it. Solo mining cannot yield fractions of a block.

Whatever coins he was able to mine, he got them from pool,  mineb.tc, as he says.

i know he can't get a 1/3 of a block solo mining. my point was there is so much missing information we have no clue what is going on.

as someone who hold 700 shares and bought many of them over .6 BTC each im starting to get pretty pissed off...

I am in pretty deep as well. Garr, you had best come and talk to us here with some explanations. Silence is not what we need to hear.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1033
but we ended up getting 1/3 of a block?   is that right?

If it was actual solo mining (not p2pool), he got 0 blocks with it. Solo mining cannot yield fractions of a block.

Whatever coins he was able to mine, he got them from pool,  mineb.tc, as he says.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1033
I find it insulting he would claim to waste 700GH on a doomed hope of solo-mining.

Well, if code_red's calculations are right, he was expected to solo-mine two blocks. But there was significant probability he would mine zero, of course...

Problem is not so much "doomed hope" as zero accountability: there is no way for us to know how many block he have mined this way.
Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
There's no way he was solo-mining guys. I think it's reasonable for us to come to this conclusion considering no address's have been supplied. "Garrett" has supposedly been mining since the early days, I find it insulting he would claim to waste 700GH on a doomed hope of solo-mining.

I don't understand the move to a less transparent mining co-op which provides no financial statements nor proof. Well I do but I'd rather not go there yet.

Wasn't there supposed to be another update on the 1st? or 2nd? or 3rd? or is it next week?

I realize you may be "busy" but the lack of attentiveness to those with valid concerns regarding this co-op is quite startling.

Your shareholders are losing hope.

Am i blunt? Yes. Am i being rude? If so it's unintentional.

But from what I see, too many questions are going unanswered.
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
How about providing the payout address for Cognitive in order to prove your claims?

I second this too.

Third

shareholder petition

fourth.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
mineb.tc has been closed now, so where are we mining now?

I have to say i have been running much more than 1TH for the last month, at one point 5TH/s and i do not even attempt to solo mine, what was going through your head at this point? lets gamble with share holders investment?
Activity: 544

I second this too.

Third

shareholder petition
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

I second this too.
Activity: 101

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001
i think he will say another week.
Activity: 896
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
What happened to COG.F2 being listing last week?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
I visited someone today who wants to make a fluid-submersed alt-coin miner, and it looks quite awesome. He did it with ASICminer blades and it works really well. Expect to see a motion tomorrow morning!
PS. $0.08/kwh for electricity

I am glad you know about fluid-submersing technology.

If you become successful in building submerged-altcoin-mining-rig effectively, we can expect to conquer the world really soon.

I'll buy tons of share if you can do it.
Activity: 493
Merit: 262
Correct. Usually Cognitive can solo mine consistently enough to make sizable payouts, but it was an unlucky few weeks and I have changed the pool strategy accordingly.

And maybe address my f*cking issues with the PT??
Garrett,
Could you please post a log file or some other sort of output that displays Cognitive's hash rate and mining output for the last two months?
Yeah, this is a little bit ridiculous. We really need more visibility into what is happening with Cognitive.

Mining statistics and earnings should be posted to the web site on a regular basis. Right now we just have to cross our fingers and hope Garrett isn't keeping excess profits for himself.
Pages:
Jump to: