Pages:
Author

Topic: Stateless societies and bitcoin - page 3. (Read 3043 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
June 03, 2016, 08:09:44 PM
Blogs are the way a lot of people get a business going,take that 4 hour work week guy and his books. He used his blog as a launching pad and never looked back. Its pretty similar if you have a whole wack of tricks to navigate on the cheap through Europe.
Think of all the kids wanting to do Europe as their first vacation trip,they would definitely be looking into those concepts.

But you seem kind of guarded about it and I did not mean to poke you or provoke you in any way,was just curious in another human being.
Understand the need to protect yourself being a little more glaring being without a country.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
June 03, 2016, 08:03:29 PM
You should start a blog countryfree,I would be interested to see the issues you struggle with day to day.
Its funny last night I did a search for living off the grid,from time to time I romanticize trying it.
Lot more people doing this then I was expecting and always presumed people ended up in Asia or South America to extend their money flow but seems to be a lot of people doing it just outside of towns.

Have a cabin on a lake and I often think about getting away for a winter even though it would be damned cold,just to refocus on whats important.

I don't struggle!
I've thought many times about selling some knowledge I have that few people possess, but it certainly won't be a blog where everything would be free to read.

Yes, but. You could use the blog to sell the ideas without giving out any of the juicy info, and then let the people pay for the stuff.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
June 03, 2016, 06:33:21 PM
You should start a blog countryfree,I would be interested to see the issues you struggle with day to day.
Its funny last night I did a search for living off the grid,from time to time I romanticize trying it.
Lot more people doing this then I was expecting and always presumed people ended up in Asia or South America to extend their money flow but seems to be a lot of people doing it just outside of towns.

Have a cabin on a lake and I often think about getting away for a winter even though it would be damned cold,just to refocus on whats important.

I don't struggle!
I've thought many times about selling some knowledge I have that few people possess, but it certainly won't be a blog where everything would be free to read.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
ancap
June 03, 2016, 03:24:39 PM
Its good to know someone in this forum like to read Bill Buppert. I thought that Bitcointalk invaded by statists or fake libertarians.
June 03, 2016, 11:14:33 AM
society without state is not possible. similarly bitcoin also need a recognition. it will be very nice if the states legalize the bitcion. then we can say that it will really become a universal currency.

It already is a universal currency,does not need to be regulated and bogged down in governmental scrutiny.
The last thing bitcoin needs is the five,nine or thirteen eyes on it.
This thinking always baffles me and I would like to know why it is such a common thinking to stifle bitcoin in such a way!
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
June 03, 2016, 07:25:15 AM
society without state is not possible. similarly bitcoin also need a recognition. it will be very nice if the states legalize the bitcion. then we can say that it will really become a universal currency.
June 02, 2016, 07:15:34 PM

legendary
June 02, 2016, 07:02:04 PM
It's difficult to imagine a stateless society, but there are plenty of stateless people. Guys like me who have left their native country, with no plan to go back, and no desire to become a citizen in any other place. BTC is made for us.

I see you say this and I always wonder what the plan is for old age?
Not bashing the life style just curious how that will work out in the long run.

You just need to save money for retirement. That's what most people do except in communist countries. I guess I'll travel a bit less, but I'm addicted to it. I get bored when I'm staying more than a month in the same place.

But you would be smart to save your money in the form of fertile land that has its own source of good water. Other than a few thousand in cash, cash savings are ridiculous.

Cool

I do. Well, without a free source of good water. Sadly, it's getting rarer and rarer to find clean water, and it most countries, it's also getting illegal to pump your own water. I know a few people who do but they hide, and they don't drink it.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
June 02, 2016, 12:14:39 AM
Well for me bitcoin is not made for stateless societies. It is made so that people can use it and transfer money easily without wires or meetups needed. It is made to make paying easy  for everyone. Grin
legendary
June 01, 2016, 10:26:42 PM
It's difficult to imagine a stateless society, but there are plenty of stateless people. Guys like me who have left their native country, with no plan to go back, and no desire to become a citizen in any other place. BTC is made for us.

You just need to save money for retirement. That's what most people do except in communist countries. I guess I'll travel a bit less, but I'm addicted to it. I get bored when I'm staying more than a month in the same place.

But you would be smart to save your money in the form of fertile land that has its own source of good water. Other than a few thousand in cash, cash savings are ridiculous.

Cool
legendary
June 01, 2016, 06:51:05 PM

legendary
June 01, 2016, 06:11:44 AM

Great words! I wish I can be a stateless person one time. That's giving you a very good feeling of freedom I guess.

Although most of us are not stateless people at least we have stateless money.  )

Well, what is a state?

If you go to the border between two States of the USA, often you can't tell where the border is. For example, on the border between Arizona and New Mexico, there are places where the only thing that defines the border is a fence. And sometimes it isn't a very good fence. The land looks exactly the same on both sides of the fence.

The point is, what is a state/State, since there often seems to be no difference between states? Isn't a "state" really a state of mind? In the case of the border between Arizona and New Mexico, the land has been measured through surveying methods, the measurements have been written down, and the government keeps written record of the measurements.

The reason why governments write everything down is, people would forget, and the "states" would dissolve after a while. With things written down, people can go to the written records, and remind themselves of what their "state" of mind is supposed to be.

A second point is, none of us has memorized everything written in a particular government. This means that each person really has a "state" that is different from the state of everyone else. However, even if there were a bunch of people who had memorized all the writings of the State that they live in, no two of them would have exactly the same thinking about any of it. We all live in different "states."

We are all ignorant liars. Why? We say that we live in a certain State, when what is really happening is that there are multitudes of states (as many states as there are individual people) that often have the same name. For example. Every last person who says he lives in the State of Arizona has a different state of mind about it than everyone else who says that he lives in the State of Arizona.

We all really need to think things out before we ask or answer questions like this.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
June 01, 2016, 05:42:33 AM

Great words! I wish I can be a stateless person one time. That's giving you a very good feeling of freedom I guess.

Although most of us are not stateless people at least we have stateless money.  )
ancap
June 01, 2016, 02:34:59 AM
I am not sure what you mean by a stateless society, could you specify your question?
Man is born naked into the world, and needing to use his mind to learn how to take the resources given him by nature, and to transform them (for example, by investment in “capital”) into shapes and forms and places where the resources can be used for the satisfaction of his wants and the advancement of his standard of living. The only way by which man can do this is by the use of his mind and energy to transform resources (“production”) and to exchange these products for products created by others. Man has found that, through the process of voluntary, mutual exchange, the productivity and hence, the living standards of all participants in exchange may increase enormously. The only “natural” course for man to survive and to attain wealth, therefore, is by using his mind and energy to engage in the production-and-exchange process. He does this, first, by finding natural resources, and then by transforming them (by “mixing his labor” with them, as Locke puts it), to make them his individual property, and then by exchanging this property for the similarly obtained property of others. The social path dictated by the requirements of man’s nature, therefore, is the path of “property rights” and the “free market” of gift or exchange of such rights. Through this path, men have learned how to avoid the “jungle” methods of fighting over scarce resources so that A can only acquire them at the expense of B and, instead, to multiply those resources enormously in peaceful and harmonious production and exchange.

The great German sociologist Franz Oppenheimer pointed out that there are two mutually exclusive ways of acquiring wealth; one, the above way of production and exchange, he called the “ economic means.” The other way is simpler in that it does not require productivity; it is the way of seizure of another’s goods or services by the use of force and violence. This is the method of one-sided confiscation, of theft of the property of others. This is the method which Oppenheimer termed “the political means” to wealth. It should be clear that the peaceful use of reason and energy in production is the “natural” path for man: the means for his survival and prosperity on this earth. It should be equally clear that the coercive, exploitative means is contrary to natural law; it is parasitic, for instead of adding to production, it subtracts from it. The “political means” siphons production off to a parasitic and destructive individual or group; and this siphoning not only subtracts from the number producing, but also lowers the producer’s incentive to produce beyond his own subsistence. In the long run, the robber destroys his own subsistence by dwindling or eliminating the source of his own supply. But not only that; even in the short-run, the predator is acting contrary to his own true nature as a man.

We are now in a position to answer more fully the question: what is the State? The State, in the words of Oppenheimer, is the “organization of the political means”; it is the systematization of the predatory process over a given territory. For crime, at best, is sporadic and uncertain; the parasitism is ephemeral, and the coercive, parasitic lifeline may be cut off at any time by the resistance of the victims. The State provides a legal, orderly, systematic channel for the predation of private property; it renders certain, secure, and relatively “peaceful” the lifeline of the parasitic caste in society.Since production must always precede predation, the free market is anterior to the State. The State has never been created by a “social contract”; it has always been born in conquest and exploitation.
Activity: 672
Merit: 508
LOTEO
May 31, 2016, 07:22:54 PM
Do you think that BTC is designed for stateless societies?

We all know that almost all world governments use paper money to maintain its power. They are controlling inflation and deflation cycles by just printing more fiat.

So, will BTC really survive in an environment where all the world governments survivability depends on paper money?

I am not sure what you mean by a stateless society, could you specify your question?

BTC is designed for places that have access to electricity.
The miners also require dedicated hardware.
A middle man is not required for transactions
May 31, 2016, 07:01:08 PM

legendary
May 31, 2016, 06:59:18 PM
legendary
May 31, 2016, 06:20:02 PM
The only thing that gives a government strength is taxation. If people didn't want government, they would stop paying taxes.
If you don't pay your taxes, you go to the jail. This is why people pay it. It wasn't about that they want government. They don't want to go to jail. That's it.

I'm guessing that this is why they don't vote. They somehow can't ever seem to vote taxes away.

Thank Goodness that in the U.S. you can fill out your Form W-4 n/a (non-assumpsit) EXEMPT, and stop paying. If you file any tax return, you would do the same in all the places where numbers are required. It works. I do it (the W-4. I don't file tax forms.). Non-assumpsit, Signature.

Cool
You're joking, right? Why the all people still paying taxes if such an option exist for them?

I'm not joking. The people don't know how to handle the law. That's all there is to it.

It's as simple as this. If the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA or THE IRS takes you to court, you can require that the plaintiff get on the stand and show the harm or damage you did to him/her. Neither the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA nor THE IRS can take the oath or affirmation, get on the stand, and say anything. You win, plus damages if you "require" them in the right way. This is basic law in America. People used to know this, but it has been hidden from most nowadays.

Perhaps you like your job. Perhaps you are not working for the money you earn. But if you are after the money, you can earn more off the the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA or THE IRS than you can make in a lifetime of jobs by doing this. Same for Canada, Britain, and Australia.

Google and Youtube search on "Karl Lentz, common law." Also, check Richard Cornforth at http://voidjudgments.com/.

Cool
ancap
May 31, 2016, 05:48:58 PM
The only thing that gives a government strength is taxation. If people didn't want government, they would stop paying taxes.
If you don't pay your taxes, you go to the jail. This is why people pay it. It wasn't about that they want government. They don't want to go to jail. That's it.

I'm guessing that this is why they don't vote. They somehow can't ever seem to vote taxes away.

Thank Goodness that in the U.S. you can fill out your Form W-4 n/a (non-assumpsit) EXEMPT, and stop paying. If you file any tax return, you would do the same in all the places where numbers are required. It works. I do it (the W-4. I don't file tax forms.). Non-assumpsit, Signature.

Cool
You're joking, right? Why the all people still paying taxes if such an option exist for them?
legendary
May 31, 2016, 05:43:21 PM

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: