Pages:
Author

Topic: Status of WEX (World Exchange Services) - page 8. (Read 26206 times)

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358
August 30, 2018, 02:33:46 PM
https://wex.nz is a scammer's site which is pretending to be exchange. Once you've deposited your funds, there is no way to get them back.

That shouldn't be a surprize for you, since its CEO was declared bankrupt by the judgment of the court of St. Petersburg, case number is A56-45230/2016.

https://bankrot.fedresurs.ru/MessageWindow.aspx?ID=CC28A6A820CC1DBA3FE40A97A888D391
https://bankrot.fedresurs.ru/PrivatePersonCard.aspx?ID=3320600A241F156868A4A53CCD2E61BC&attempt=1

He's hiding abroad since then, instead of paying his debts in Russia.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
August 29, 2018, 03:41:26 PM
I would not be surprised if the recent withdrawal issues causing many coins to be overvalued on their site was a result of insolvency, more legal troubles, or a combination of both.
Insolvency is the better term to use. I wouldn't even be surprised to see WEX exploit this dramatic situation by slowly unloading overvalued coins to later on open up withdrawals which causes all prices to tank hard.

Feel bad for the people having funds stuck in there, but let's be honest, this exchange has always been a ticking time bomb, especially after the authorities cleaned house last year.

I hope that in case WEX opens up withdrawals again, that people will never ever use this exchange again. Most non Russians have way better alternatives to use than this pile of rubbish that in the next few years no longer exists.

1USDT has touched 5USD this month at WEX. Once again a sign that the peg is fake.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
August 29, 2018, 02:45:37 AM
I'd think that they are probably insolvent in one way or another.

They are generally a very shady company, when it comes to their legality. And this is obviously proven by the fact that their predecessor, BTC-e, was shut down by the US and their domains seized by several of the departments there.

I would not be surprised if the recent withdrawal issues causing many coins to be overvalued on their site was a result of insolvency, more legal troubles, or a combination of both. Either way, with their level of transparency, or lack thereof, you shouldn't be using them period.
Activity: 284
Merit: 101
Bounty Manager https://t.me/voki_bounty
August 25, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
Someone know when WEX open all the withdrawals ? Nearly 1 month already ...
nobody
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718
August 17, 2018, 09:38:01 AM
It's a pity that such an old exchange seems to break more and more. I am glad that I do not do anything there anymore. Just before the first fall of BTC-E i withdrew from the platform and so far it seems to have been the right decision. Nevertheless, it is very sad that Wex has such problems. Hopefully at least all people will get their coins back. I wish to all customers good luck.   Smiley

The thing to have been aware of was that they never did solve their old issues. They promised to do so, but people waited. Meanwhile, they launched a new exchange in Singapore, started paying back old debtors from new funds, and people stopped complaining. Yes their prices were always better than other places so a lot of early traders thought they were being smart,,, but this is like a ponzi scheme. Get in early good for you. Get in late, lose everything. Just stay away and pay a bit higher prices and fees at other better exchanges.

If they did it all so, it's no wonder that at some point the thing fails. Still a shame that one drives such a money press against the wall. I was really lucky that I separated early from BTC-E. And you are right, fortunately, there are currently better exchanges and I can only advise anyone to keep away from Wex.  Wink

Of course. I am just so surprised people did not learn their lessons. If it is too good to be true, then it is and stay away from it,,, people should have seen that from 2 big warning signs. The first when prices started to become so high on WEX and the second, that you could buy cheap coupons for redemption later on. There is no such thing as easy and free money,,, and now WEX tries to make it even more scammy by making USDT so expensive on their platform. God knows how many more people will fall for such a ploy. Keep warning everyone, hope they see this.

Yes, for me it sounds like the planning of an exit scam. That's why the high prices to lure people into a trap. Hopefully not too many people fall for it. Even if the site would be fully functional again in a few days, i still would not trust Wex anymore. I also hope that this warning will read a lot of people and not fall into the trap.  Sad
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
August 17, 2018, 07:46:30 AM
Hey guys, I've been out of the loop and haven't used the exchange for quite sometime. I just came back and saw the inflated price of monero, which was just recently listed. I sent a monero there only to find out I couldn't withdraw it when I converted it to bitcoin, then someone mentions in the trollbox about a WEX exit scam and I'm just getting up to speed about this. I almost sent about 500 USD to the exchange if I hadn't known. I'm quite disappointed about the events. I guess I got no choice but to wait for further developments. It seems the last update from them was more than a week ago.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
August 17, 2018, 07:32:20 AM
It's a pity that such an old exchange seems to break more and more. I am glad that I do not do anything there anymore. Just before the first fall of BTC-E i withdrew from the platform and so far it seems to have been the right decision. Nevertheless, it is very sad that Wex has such problems. Hopefully at least all people will get their coins back. I wish to all customers good luck.   Smiley

The thing to have been aware of was that they never did solve their old issues. They promised to do so, but people waited. Meanwhile, they launched a new exchange in Singapore, started paying back old debtors from new funds, and people stopped complaining. Yes their prices were always better than other places so a lot of early traders thought they were being smart,,, but this is like a ponzi scheme. Get in early good for you. Get in late, lose everything. Just stay away and pay a bit higher prices and fees at other better exchanges.

If they did it all so, it's no wonder that at some point the thing fails. Still a shame that one drives such a money press against the wall. I was really lucky that I separated early from BTC-E. And you are right, fortunately, there are currently better exchanges and I can only advise anyone to keep away from Wex.  Wink

Of course. I am just so surprised people did not learn their lessons. If it is too good to be true, then it is and stay away from it,,, people should have seen that from 2 big warning signs. The first when prices started to become so high on WEX and the second, that you could buy cheap coupons for redemption later on. There is no such thing as easy and free money,,, and now WEX tries to make it even more scammy by making USDT so expensive on their platform. God knows how many more people will fall for such a ploy. Keep warning everyone, hope they see this.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1256
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
August 16, 2018, 11:57:30 AM
Now it's closing or it's restoring, you guys make me confused ...
It was an inside job. The conflict is settled, the exchange will be soon restored

Now it's closing or it's restoring, you guys make me confused ...

It's restoring...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.44188338
(russian)
Activity: 644
Merit: 145
August 14, 2018, 04:18:56 AM
Now USDT ~ 4.7 or even 4.9 USD at wex.nz
What really happen?

They were robbed from the inside and withdraw is closed. People are trying to save their money
Looks like exit scam

Activity: 70
August 14, 2018, 03:34:25 AM
Now USDT ~ 4.7 or even 4.9 USD at wex.nz
What really happen?
Activity: 9
August 13, 2018, 12:53:33 PM
Currently USDT/USD is 4.198 on WEX exchange? It's mean more people want to leave WEX. Any other news guys  Undecided? Should I stay or leave?
legendary
August 13, 2018, 11:32:39 AM

Temporary forum vacation
August 13, 2018, 02:55:41 AM
It's a pity that such an old exchange seems to break more and more. I am glad that I do not do anything there anymore. Just before the first fall of BTC-E i withdrew from the platform and so far it seems to have been the right decision. Nevertheless, it is very sad that Wex has such problems. Hopefully at least all people will get their coins back. I wish to all customers good luck.   Smiley

legendary
August 12, 2018, 01:19:21 PM
It's a pity that such an old exchange seems to break more and more. I am glad that I do not do anything there anymore. Just before the first fall of BTC-E i withdrew from the platform and so far it seems to have been the right decision. Nevertheless, it is very sad that Wex has such problems. Hopefully at least all people will get their coins back. I wish to all customers good luck.   Smiley
Temporary forum vacation
August 12, 2018, 08:11:31 AM
Guys, I think it is time we gave up hope on WEX and on BTC-e. We have already gone through so much problems at both these sites and everything is so unclear from the position of the management who even some are claiming that they have lost control of the management. I know how Singapore law enforcement works also so it will be a matter of time before the offices are investigated, and then we all know what happens to our funds there.

Just keep updated, but do not even deposit anymore funds there until this has cleared up. Go somewhere safer and more legitimate. And never put funds all in one exchange, no matter how attractive the prices are.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061
Smile
August 12, 2018, 06:26:47 AM
`never be able to prove the legality of her claims.`

Never about getting money back, never gonna happen

its all about the shills and the trolls

Look what coming, all new
 **ICO** Trolled Coin - | Anonymous | Safe | Secure | - [Free Airdrop] 2018

The Trolled

Did I mention it is SAFE and SECURE

The best Safe and Secure ICO

Remember Trolled Coin SAFE and SECURE   Shocked   Lips sealed Sad Undecided Embarrassed Angry Huh

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061
Smile
August 12, 2018, 05:52:00 AM
`never be able to prove the legality of her claims.`

Never about getting money back, never gonna happen

its all about the shills and the trolls

Look what coming, all new
 **ICO** Trolled Coin - | Anonymous | Safe | Secure | - [Free Airdrop] 2018

The Trolled

Activity: 9
August 11, 2018, 12:21:56 AM
Have we been safu yet ? After the interview ?
Activity: 10
August 10, 2018, 06:52:09 PM
If wex survives this event...  the world will change... crypto will skyrocket ...hold coins... because this will prove coins safer then cash
...HOLD TRUE...   "Red Admin"  ...the fate of the world is in your heart...

Ecли wex выживeт этo coбытиe ... миp измeнитcя ... кpиптo бyдeт cтpeмитeльнo pacти ... дepжитe мoнeты ... пoтoмy чтo этo дoкaжeт, чтo мoнeты бyдyт бeзoпacнee, чeм нaличныe
... дepжишьcя ... «Кpacный aдмин» ... cyдьбa миpa в твoeм cepдцe ...
Activity: 10
August 10, 2018, 03:51:46 PM
hypothesis 1 : if we adhere to the theory of relevant value... the relevant value of all fiat on wex is dropping disproportional to other exchanges probably because the last time BTC-e was in legal hot water it was only the fiat that was stolen/seized...
...because, that's all legislators have legal control over... crypto and tokens are still not legal money by any gov legitimate legislative power structure. Therefore, all insiders are dumping cash to any stable non fiat value... until the dust settles Huh

what we really need to know is... who is the new buyer???
 ...so far... all i can imagine is he is some kind of Ukrainian Rebel Mafia Boss who hopefully intends to us the wex 10mil usd /month income to fund his countries independence from the f'n NWO bastard elites ....with real bullets!!! ass holes!...  fine... that's respectable...  but it will NEVER work unless every single wex account keeps their coins!   !!! Remember That !!!
and if he's smart he will NEVER move any server to Ukraine! ... bullets are No match for anti gravity craft

Dear Mr Khavchenko aka "Moryachok"   ? Please Speak your intent?
Regards,
original BTC-e account since the beginning SadHuh can we trust your sol? what are your really made of???
Pages:
Jump to: