Pages:
Author

Topic: Steam accept Bitcoin soon? - page 3. (Read 4171 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
February 11, 2016, 09:48:40 AM
Finally, an optimistic piece of news. In fact, the first real one this year.
legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004
February 11, 2016, 09:27:02 AM
I think its pretty sweet indeed, steam made a good choice.

They will add it fast in my opinion.

Maybe they will also do a sort of sale if you pay with bitcoin.
Besides opinions, probably based on former experience, there is a solid anouncement on adoption time frame anywhere?
Activity: 420
February 11, 2016, 09:04:58 AM
i have been read the article,and its really happen,steam accept bitcoin,its good news for me and other gamers,we can buy steam vouchers with our lovely payment Grin

I think its pretty sweet indeed, steam made a good choice.

They will add it fast in my opinion.

Maybe they will also do a sort of sale if you pay with bitcoin.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 515
February 11, 2016, 08:53:09 AM
Looks like this is pretty legit Steam is bringing Bitcoin to the platform no more buying gift cards from shady websites:)

+1

Also, provider this large accepting BTC s going to stimulate other similar companies to do the same.
It sounds and looks really good.

i am not so sure about the second part.

i remember about a year or so ago that i heard Dell (computer company) is accepting bitcoin and i thought that this is going to cause others to start accepting bitcoin too.

but as we see now, that didn't happen.
The time will come when all the big companies will start to accept bitcoin, and the stimulation come in effect when not a big but a father company joins it, where the competitors to it a smaller in strength. Then the remaining start to follow the father’s methods.
February 10, 2016, 08:47:03 PM
i have been read the article,and its really happen,steam accept bitcoin,its good news for me and other gamers,we can buy steam vouchers with our lovely payment Grin

Personally I will not go to games and gambling with bitcoin. Its worst I guess.

Better instead of that save your bitcoins in your wallet itself.

Well, i think it's not worst. I mean Steam games has big market on gambling, like Dota 2 and CSGO. if steam really accepted bitcoin, i'm sure dota2lounge and csgolounge will accept bitcoin soon.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
Aleph.im
February 10, 2016, 08:33:08 PM
It would be great!.. But not sure it is true or not...
Activity: 434
February 10, 2016, 05:47:51 PM

Personally I will not go to games and gambling with bitcoin. Its worst I guess.

Better instead of that save your bitcoins in your wallet itself.
Activity: 464
February 10, 2016, 05:43:32 PM
Activity: 504
February 10, 2016, 04:57:04 PM
oh wow, that is great, i really would use it if steam would start accepting bitcoins for sure, i hope that this turn out in a good way
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
February 10, 2016, 04:19:12 PM
It seems that is only for usa accounts

-snip-

mh, maybe they want to see first how it goes? i guess i can always use a vpn

I think this is because of the taxes they take out of your purchase and surely the taxes they have to pay the government for their sale. and as a start I think they go with US then they might expand to other countries too (for now it sucks for the rest of us)

besides your steam account has to be registered with US IP not just one purchase with VPN, right?

you can simply create another account using a vpn and use that account to purchase with bitcoin

very simple
And what if Steam detects it and disabled the keys or other products bought from it's website? There can be a risk too. It's better to buy from steam when they do accept payments from other countries as well.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
February 10, 2016, 03:30:01 PM
That's good to hear. It won't be useful to me though as I never bought any steam related products but I read that it's again for USA only. Even earlier coinbase introduced their debit card for USA. What about other countries then? USing VPN always won't be helpful.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
February 10, 2016, 03:24:11 PM
For sure it will be very good if something like steam will accept it. Also, I think Bitcoin fits gamers very well too.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
February 10, 2016, 03:22:20 PM

I think this is because of the taxes they take out of your purchase and surely the taxes they have to pay the government for their sale. and as a start I think they go with US then they might expand to other countries too (for now it sucks for the rest of us)

besides your steam account has to be registered with US IP not just one purchase with VPN, right?

you can simply create another account using a vpn and use that account to purchase with bitcoin

very simple
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093
February 10, 2016, 03:03:23 PM
This is a great news and I hope Dogecoin will be accepted as well!
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
February 10, 2016, 02:48:15 PM
If this ever happens, my in-game items on dota 2 would probably taste some boost given that I rely only on betting to get more items. Also, this might boost Steam sales and also a good promotion given that most people nowadays are already looking for other alternatives to buy steam games/items other than using PayPal or other credit cards
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
February 10, 2016, 02:38:25 PM
this is a good news for the community especially for the gamers, hoping this is not a rumor, and someday we can buy games out there with our bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
February 10, 2016, 02:34:55 PM
I see it's still a rumor:

http://coinjournal.net/rumor-valve-adding-bitcoin-to-steam/

But the proof seems solid, and Gave and or anyone in Valve has not dennied the rumors being fake, so let's have some hope and maybe we can be buying Steam games with our Bitcoin soon, which is something I have been waiting to do ever since I got involved in here.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
February 10, 2016, 11:06:20 AM
Uow that's very good news! The more stores start to accept bitcoin, the more demand increases and also the prices! be sure to bem on the HODL side of the force  Grin
February 10, 2016, 10:44:22 AM
I think it will in the future, it may take some time.
But it will happen steam is always open for such things.

Its just a matter of time till you can.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
February 10, 2016, 10:33:30 AM

Pages:
Jump to: