Pages:
Author

Topic: Steemit.com: Blogging is the new Mining - page 54. (Read 348532 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
August 18, 2017, 03:38:07 AM
I saw some users they got 145sp delegated and its looks like permanent. cause user is over 3 months old.

Who decides that a new user get 145 delegated SP? Which mechanism is working towards that? Is it random or have some rules?
145 SP would give 2-3 cents I guess.

It has to do with the minimum account fee at the time the account was created, and when the STEEM price was lower the minimum account fee was a lot higher (in STEEM, but comparable in fiat value)

For some time I have been interested in the way steemit works. I have read the whitepaper and the FAQ. There were some significant changes in the area of ​​the service and it was not clear what was up to date and what was not. There are also a few issues that I could not find anywhere relevant information. I have gathered in one place many issues and I would be grateful if someone with the right knowledge shared that knowledge with me.

1. How does SP affect the value of the vote? - accurate calculations showing how SP affects our upvote at 100% VP.

It is linear. The exact calculations are complicated but to keep it simple twice as much SP = twice as much reward value (assuming 100% vote power). There is also a hidden vote power that kicks in if you vote too much (more than 10 full-power votes per day) and reduces your votes proportionately (if you full-power vote 20 times, each will be half as strong).

So if we want to optimize our curation rewards, we should vote 10 times a day, each 2.4 hours, right?

That would be one way. But the automatic adjustment means if you vote 20 times per day your vote power will drop to 50% and the aggregate will be the same. However, you will be able to split your votes 20 ways instead of 10, which could be better (if anything lower risk of choosing poorly). Another option would be to vote with 50% weight 20 times. There are many other possibilities. What matters is the total amount of voting per day (to be precise over 5 days). Can't exceed 10 full power votes per day, or everything gets scaled down to the same total.
Activity: 663
Merit: 505
August 17, 2017, 08:38:03 PM
I saw some users they got 145sp delegated and its looks like permanent. cause user is over 3 months old.

Who decides that a new user get 145 delegated SP? Which mechanism is working towards that? Is it random or have some rules?
145 SP would give 2-3 cents I guess.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 17, 2017, 07:09:09 PM
For some time I have been interested in the way steemit works. I have read the whitepaper and the FAQ. There were some significant changes in the area of ​​the service and it was not clear what was up to date and what was not. There are also a few issues that I could not find anywhere relevant information. I have gathered in one place many issues and I would be grateful if someone with the right knowledge shared that knowledge with me.

1. How does SP affect the value of the vote? - accurate calculations showing how SP affects our upvote at 100% VP.

It is linear. The exact calculations are complicated but to keep it simple twice as much SP = twice as much reward value (assuming 100% vote power). There is also a hidden vote power that kicks in if you vote too much (more than 10 full-power votes per day) and reduces your votes proportionately (if you full-power vote 20 times, each will be half as strong).

So if we want to optimize our curation rewards, we should vote 10 times a day, each 2.4 hours, right?
legendary
August 17, 2017, 05:55:48 PM
Why I can't create a steemit account anymore?

https://anon.steem.network/

my Old account always wrong password . Please information bro ...

If you lose your password no one can help you. It is no different from losing your private keys on any other blockchain.
Activity: 420
Merit: 108
August 17, 2017, 03:38:33 AM
I'm surprised this thread isn't busier considering steemit has a large community of bloggers writers and crypto investors.
Activity: 289
Merit: 100
August 15, 2017, 12:29:01 PM
Why I can't create a steemit account anymore?my Old account always wrong password . Please information bro ...
legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001
August 14, 2017, 10:23:35 PM
Hopefully the rebranding of steemit in about a month will cause a much due upward price correction.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
August 14, 2017, 02:35:39 AM
From where does SP get for new users (the SP given in parentheses) and when will it disappear?

It's called delegated Steem Power and it will go away after 1 month or stay until they take it back if somebody give it to you.
Activity: 854
Merit: 262
August 14, 2017, 01:23:20 AM
Its hard to know if many altcoins will ever reach the highs they had vs bitcoin in the spring of 2017.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 534
August 13, 2017, 05:11:35 PM
Yes, it's 0.50 Steem Power for new accounts now I suppose. It used to be 10 dollars but now Steemit has a lot of new users, they decreased new member bonus.
0.50SP is very little amount for new users. Their votes does not worth anything! And it is very hard for them to start wealth life in Steemit platfrorm.

"Wealth life"

Been around for over a year...
I haven't found it yet lol

Gotta work for it man
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
August 13, 2017, 04:50:31 PM
Yes, it's 0.50 Steem Power for new accounts now I suppose. It used to be 10 dollars but now Steemit has a lot of new users, they decreased new member bonus.
0.50SP is very little amount for new users. Their votes does not worth anything! And it is very hard for them to start wealth life in Steemit platfrorm.
August 12, 2017, 10:30:32 PM
legendary
August 12, 2017, 06:51:38 PM
From where does SP get for new users (the SP given in parentheses) and when will it disappear?

It's called delegated Steem Power and it will go away after 1 month or stay until they take it back if somebody give it to you.

There is also a small amount stored in the new account and is permanent. That had to be paid for by whichever account created it (usually 'steem' which is owned by Steemit)
August 12, 2017, 05:02:04 PM

Activity: 87
Merit: 11
August 12, 2017, 04:28:30 PM
Question for the Steemit Community

Personally I don't own any Steemit but I have to wonder, are you guys pushing your platform to conservatives who are facing the crackdown on Youtube? I'm not sure who does marketing for Steemit but you guys should be actively trying to engage people like Lauren Southern, INFOWARS, All MGTOW channel creators etc. Hell even PewDiePie, these people have Millions of followers and Youtube is punishing them by demonetizing their videos for practicing their freespeech. If they knew they could make money on Steemit for their content and still use Youtube bandwidth to host their files for free then you could see an explosion in the adoption of Steemit. Just a thought.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
August 11, 2017, 01:48:58 PM
Thank you for answers!

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 11, 2017, 07:13:26 AM
Steemit is still beta right? Any info when they will update it? Also it's so far from his ATH... Was at that time to much hype and will never hit it again?
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
▲™
August 10, 2017, 05:32:28 PM
My thing for this new platform is why allow people to sign up if they can't use it right away? It just doesn't make sense to me. Seems like they just want to collect user emails and info than only approve those who they wish to be early adopters.

Sounds like a case of false advertisement.  Angry
legendary
August 10, 2017, 05:27:31 PM
Before I anonymously sign up on Steemit and before I pay some mBTCs for it, I have one last question. Is it possible to edit blog posts in the aftermath?

I am not sure. A normal blog provider allows this, but Steemit uses the blockchain and data there is usually not editable in the aftermath.

Edits are accomplished by posting updates to the blockchain. The UI then collapses all the updates into the latest current view, although the older revisions are still accessible on the blockchain itself (sort of like wiki edit history, but the popular UIs don't show the history)

Edits are really only allowed for 7 days though. In theory there is a blockchain feature to allow later edits, but it isn't fully supported.
Pages:
Jump to: