Pages:
Author

Topic: Steemit.com: Blogging is the new Mining - page 51. (Read 348532 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
September 08, 2017, 03:23:48 AM
Can someone please tell me how long it takes for the Steem Dev's to create an update so all works fine on Poloniex again?
Thank you in advance
Activity: 952
Merit: 284
In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕
September 07, 2017, 02:30:30 PM
Are you guys looking for translators? I can do Arabic translation. I've done translation work before for both Bitcoin.org and the LBRY community. And, I'm currently doing translation proofreading for PIVX.

Nah, I don't think they require any translations now. But maybe you can join steemit and post there in arabic. People from your community might find it useful.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1113
There's no need to be upset
September 07, 2017, 01:27:12 PM
for me steemit is kind like a combination of reddit and medium.
with the extra of POSm - proof of social media.

been enjoying posting videos and creating new articles for the website.

https://steemit.com/@lucasgabd

The comment section is kind of messy, I wish Steemit would have a comment box similar to that of Reddit, which is more organized with the (+)(-) buttons and nested comments. For example Reddit's comment box kind of sends you to a different thread after the nests grow deep. In steemit the comments can be very long and hard to read if all of them are on 1 page. It needs to be like how it's on reddit.

agreed
maybe this can be corrected in a future hardfork?
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
September 07, 2017, 04:39:44 AM

The comment section is kind of messy, I wish Steemit would have a comment box similar to that of Reddit, which is more organized with the (+)(-) buttons and nested comments. For example Reddit's comment box kind of sends you to a different thread after the nests grow deep. In steemit the comments can be very long and hard to read if all of them are on 1 page. It needs to be like how it's on reddit.

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1113
There's no need to be upset
September 06, 2017, 04:25:22 PM

September 05, 2017, 07:12:53 AM
After finally trying Steemit I have to say it is pretty damn good and over time once it grows it could definitely rival Reddit.

It kinda looks more like a rival to Medium at this point. Though Medium has a better gui and a quicker website.

Steemit needs more front end development, and making the website faster and more aesthetic.

But it's still better than Medium, you can make money Wink
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
September 04, 2017, 06:12:36 AM
After finally trying Steemit I have to say it is pretty damn good and over time once it grows it could definitely rival Reddit.
Activity: 589
Merit: 502
September 03, 2017, 09:46:20 AM
I like steemit and it has become popular in the last few months.
I think this is due to bitcoin's sudden rise cause it to become a medium to portray views of it such as this one:
https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@fz-winonline/new-bitcoin-price-all-time-high-new-bubble-fears

It is really a fun medium to put out your views on things and to share content such as these posts and steemit look to have things that facebook and twitter both seem to lack in certain aspects:

https://steemit.com/got/@medevlo/game-of-thrones-auditions

https://steemit.com/got/@medevlo/neisa-neisa-is-revealed-the-two-swords-were-born-into-one-lightbringer-more-easter-eggs-on-the-show-we-all-love-so-much

Enjoy!  Grin
September 03, 2017, 09:30:39 AM
When I try to sign up to steemit I get an error..

Couldn't create account. Server returned the following error:
10 assert_exception: Assert Exception creator.balance >= o.fee: Insufficient balance to create account. {"creator.balance":"0.229 STEEM","required":"0.500 STEEM"} th_a steem_evaluator.cpp:197 do_apply {"op":["account_create_with_delegation",{"fee":"0.500 STEEM","delegation":"57000.000000 VESTS","creator":"steem","new_account_name":"kryptotark","owner":

what should I do?
Is there your first account on steemit? If yes, then maybe tell about this on https://steemit.chat/channel/help

Ye, it's my first account.
Thanks for the link mate!

/

Got this for a response.

"the dev team has been informed. they need to refill the account that pays to open new accounts. hopefully it will be addressed soon. Please give it another try tomorrow. "

So I guess there's been a lot of new accounts opened lately, and their sign up reward wallet has run out of funds
Ya, it seems something like this has only happened. Don't worry, you will eventually be in Steemit.
Activity: 554
September 03, 2017, 12:37:52 AM

10 assert_exception: Assert Exception creator.balance >= o.fee: Insufficient balance to create account. {"creator.balance":"0.229 STEEM","required":"0.500 STEEM"} th_a steem_evaluator.cpp:197 do_apply {"op":["account_create_with_delegation",{"fee":"0.500 STEEM","delegation":"57000.000000 VESTS","creator":"steem","new_account_name":"kryptotark","owner":

what should I do?
Is there your first account on steemit? If yes, then maybe tell about this on https://steemit.chat/channel/help

Ye, it's my first account.
Thanks for the link mate!

/

Got this for a response.

"the dev team has been informed. they need to refill the account that pays to open new accounts. hopefully it will be addressed soon. Please give it another try tomorrow. "

So I guess there's been a lot of new accounts opened lately, and their sign up reward wallet has run out of funds
September 03, 2017, 12:14:43 AM

what should I do?
Activity: 554
September 02, 2017, 09:40:23 PM

what should I do?
September 02, 2017, 12:26:01 PM
I don't know how people can advertise to buy Steem token. I strongly believe this platform will die. People are stealing content and as a creator you don't want that...
Well the platform is not perfect at this stage, as it is only a year old. But this is one bus, which you should really board on. The later you decide to join, the more you lose.

Plagiarism is already filtered out heavily.

Most high earner are photographers who shoot their own photos.

Others are bloggers and writers who produce their own content like me.
September 02, 2017, 04:24:21 AM
I don't know how people can advertise to buy Steem token. I strongly believe this platform will die. People are stealing content and as a creator you don't want that...
Well the platform is not perfect at this stage, as it is only a year old. But this is one bus, which you should really board on. The later you decide to join, the more you lose.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 250
1XBit.com
September 02, 2017, 01:57:44 AM

people who steal content earn actually 0.

Steemit is at its 1% of potential. Only a mad can refuse to join steemit after reading the whitepaper and understand how it works.
Activity: 172
Merit: 134
Explore Crypto
September 01, 2017, 10:47:19 AM
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Cryptofying your business
September 01, 2017, 03:11:32 AM
Good news for steemit users!

Conpay terminals started to accept tokens of social network platforms steemit and golos.io.

Once token is in the list of cryptocurrencies which are accepted by conpay terminal, it will be involved in the economic turnover. At the same time, all users of golos.io and steemit are able to use the token to pay for goods and services. That will add liquidity to the tokens that users earn on the platforms.

https://medium.com/@ConPay/conpay-terminals-started-to-accept-tokens-of-social-network-platforms-steemit-and-golos-io-340d321aa8d9
September 01, 2017, 12:05:15 AM
how to get steem in steemit?
whether just by making an article only?
thanks
Yes mainly by publishing articles and getting upvotes, participating in various unofficial contest, buying and being a witness (very few members can become a witness).

Anyone can become a witness if you own some steem (SP) and know how to run a node. You vote for yourself and you will get blocks (very) occasionally. The more votes you receive, the more blocks you will get, but even with just your own votes you will get blocks. In that sense it is like regular proof of stake.

There is no limit on the number of witnesses although the popular explorer site (https://steemd.com/witnesses) only shows the first 50. There can be many more.
Yes theoretically anyone can become a witness, but you still need technical know how and it is a job of responsibility. You miss too many blocks, then you can be removed from the witness position also. And for your own upvotes to count as considerable witness votes, you need big amount of SP. But to be really called a witness and make profits (taking out the server costs etc.), you need whale votes also. So in that way only a few can become witness. Wink
August 31, 2017, 10:11:19 PM
I just joined Steemit. Glad to be part of this community.

Glad to see more and more higher ranking forum members joining there.

There are many intelligent people on this forum, who havent joined yet. I wonder why when they have enough skills to make some money there, while also spreading the word on cryptocurrencies, since Steemit articles get indexed better in Google, therefore it will spread the message quicker than posting to this forum.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
August 31, 2017, 05:09:42 PM
how to get steem in steemit?
whether just by making an article only?
thanks
Yes mainly by publishing articles and getting upvotes, participating in various unofficial contest, buying and being a witness (very few members can become a witness).

Anyone can become a witness if you own some steem (SP) and know how to run a node. You vote for yourself and you will get blocks (very) occasionally. The more votes you receive, the more blocks you will get, but even with just your own votes you will get blocks. In that sense it is like regular proof of stake.

There is no limit on the number of witnesses although the popular explorer site (https://steemd.com/witnesses) only shows the first 50. There can be many more.
Pages:
Jump to: