Author

Topic: Stellar - page 104. (Read 521248 times)

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
August 07, 2014, 01:15:57 PM
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
August 07, 2014, 12:47:29 PM
I just dont get the hate on STR, imo its better than a coin IPO'd on vaporwares (cof Ethereum cof)

Aheem ?? Did you see a software of STR? Because I sure didn't. All I know is, that STR could be a centralised ledger system.

Or do you run a client?
Activity: 406
August 07, 2014, 12:27:52 PM
Is there a nice compiled list or something comparing this and XRP? What is the difference?

There is no "guide" or list or something. But they posted many things on their Github. Google should yield good results Wink
Activity: 266
August 07, 2014, 11:51:39 AM
Is there a nice compiled list or something comparing this and XRP? What is the difference?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 07, 2014, 11:50:44 AM
do we receive any stellars after the initial 1000 and when?

They said 3500 "later" but it's been 3 days for me and still nothing. Don't expect 3500 for awhile.
Activity: 364
Merit: 256
August 07, 2014, 11:12:17 AM
Who do I talk to if I still have not recieved the 3500 Stellar since 4 days a go?

No need to talk to anyone, just wait and be patient, I registered 3 days ago and got my 3500 about 2 hours ago. You will see claim button after loggin in when they have sent yours.
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
August 07, 2014, 09:19:58 AM
Yup, just think about this:
A lot of people, that mostly doesn't understand cryptocurrencies, are going to get some XXX coins (Stellars)
They have probably heard that "someone" has become rich with this kind of shit (Bitcoin)
They will find they their Stellars value is no more than $10 o likely.

How many of them will want to sell their Stellars just to get only $10!?
My guess is that they will start to hoard them ...

correct, or even they will buy more, if 100,000 facebook users buy 20 usd worth.. thats like 2000 btcs.

or they can buy btc, wait 6 months, and claim 2000 BTC worth of Stellar for FREE and keep all their BTC. Wink  
20% of the total Stellar has been put aside to be given away to btc holders that claim it, based on a snapshot of the blockchain at an unspecified point in time and their proof of address ownership Wink  
If you want some better start using a wallet and not keep all your coins on an exchange (Stellar has no way to determine if the address owners are individuals or exchanges)

Bitcoin program
20% of the initial stellars are set aside to be distributed to holders of bitcoin and XRP (19% for bitcoin holders and 1% for XRP holders).

We will take a snapshot of the bitcoin blockchain at a particular date and will set up a claim page that will allow bitcoin holders to receive their pro-rata share of the stellars reserved under this program by verifying they control their address from that blockchain snapshot. For example, a user owning .001% of the bitcoins in the blockchain snapshot would receive .001% of the stellars set aside for bitcoin holders under this program, or 190,000 stellars.

For bitcoin holders, distribution will begin within 6 months after Stellar is open to the public. The Foundation will maintain this claim site for at least 3 months.

they should explain this better....I don't get it (ok, i must say I just woke up lol)

my example in btc is incorrect, the amount of btc you hold in your wallet addresses will represent a percentage of the entire amount of bitcoins in existence, take as a percentage they will give you the percentage of the 20 Billion Stellar they have put aside for Bitcoin holders who claim.  Of course not everyone will claim and many will miss out because they dont even use a bitcoin wallet and instead keep their bitcoins on webwallets or exchanges which means they miss out.  
So there will still be likely billions of stellar that will remain unclaimed after the 3 months period they allow for it, its unlikely they will destroy them so what remains of the 20% will go back to Stellar group who as someone else mentioned currently control  ~94% of the 100 Billion Stellar that exist right now.  They likely already playing the markets to pump the price and have allowed people with multiple accounts to accumulate large amounts on the first day with fake accounts (200,000+ facebook accounts, does any exchange even have half or a quarter that number of users?) and are now able to sell 10k-50k chunks of stellar at ridiculous prices (first day every account could claim 6000 free stellars).

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
stellartoday.com
August 07, 2014, 08:45:20 AM
This is spreading like a virus.. 50,000 more facebook accounts authenticated in one day.. Shocked

Everyone love easy crypto Grin
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
August 07, 2014, 08:37:45 AM
So basically u will get around 5k stellar with current price is 0.00000445 multiply with amount of 4500 is equal some 0.02 BTC not bad amount i just say for few minutes of work .

I think if now you register you will get 500 Stellar, The amount has been reduced to 500.
legendary
Activity: 2413
Merit: 1003
August 07, 2014, 08:02:25 AM
Yup, just think about this:
A lot of people, that mostly doesn't understand cryptocurrencies, are going to get some XXX coins (Stellars)
They have probably heard that "someone" has become rich with this kind of shit (Bitcoin)
They will find they their Stellars value is no more than $10 o likely.

How many of them will want to sell their Stellars just to get only $10!?
My guess is that they will start to hoard them ...

correct, or even they will buy more, if 100,000 facebook users buy 20 usd worth.. thats like 2000 btcs.

or they can buy btc, wait 6 months, and claim 2000 BTC worth of Stellar for FREE and keep all their BTC. Wink  
20% of the total Stellar has been put aside to be given away to btc holders that claim it, based on a snapshot of the blockchain at an unspecified point in time and their proof of address ownership Wink  
If you want some better start using a wallet and not keep all your coins on an exchange (Stellar has no way to determine if the address owners are individuals or exchanges)

Bitcoin program
20% of the initial stellars are set aside to be distributed to holders of bitcoin and XRP (19% for bitcoin holders and 1% for XRP holders).

We will take a snapshot of the bitcoin blockchain at a particular date and will set up a claim page that will allow bitcoin holders to receive their pro-rata share of the stellars reserved under this program by verifying they control their address from that blockchain snapshot. For example, a user owning .001% of the bitcoins in the blockchain snapshot would receive .001% of the stellars set aside for bitcoin holders under this program, or 190,000 stellars.

For bitcoin holders, distribution will begin within 6 months after Stellar is open to the public. The Foundation will maintain this claim site for at least 3 months.

they should explain this better....I don't get it (ok, i must say I just woke up lol)
Activity: 462
August 07, 2014, 06:55:15 AM
This is spreading like a virus.. 50,000 more facebook accounts authenticated in one day.. Shocked
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
August 07, 2014, 06:31:39 AM

Yes, according to the latest announcements (https://stellartalk.org/topic/83-stellar-updates/) distribution is done in several transactions. It can take up to a week.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
August 07, 2014, 06:27:53 AM
Glad I got some stellar now that they're cheap
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
August 07, 2014, 06:24:07 AM

my password manager software memorized wrong password on stellar.org, and i did not yet verify my email address, so i was not able to recover my password...

by
kikan

Kikan, please fill this form - https://docs.google.com/a/gostellar.org/forms/d/1EvLu5w0UPdsl47PJm8dqBkgPiKM7X_j6LbyeiM_e-rg/viewform.
I suppose that we will be able to help afterwards (I cannot tell you exact time, maybe week or so). Next time please remember your password if it is clearly written to do so.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1005
August 07, 2014, 05:29:08 AM
the price of Stellar is very good, but it seems more expensive for me. if it will go down in price, i will buy some to hold.
Really not sure if that is the best option you will do. If price goes directly down most of the people will sell all of their coins.
I had little hope in Latium, but looks like the price of LAT is going into the toilet nowadays.
BR
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
August 07, 2014, 05:25:11 AM
the price of Stellar is very good, but it seems more expensive for me. if it will go down in price, i will buy some to hold.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
August 07, 2014, 04:53:32 AM
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
August 07, 2014, 03:52:13 AM
if they keep making adjustments like that, how will they ever give away the 95% of stellar for free.  they will end up with a huge amount kept in their accounts unless they also increase their giveaway amount when stellar price drops?  Can we see this happening? Tongue

I brought this up a long time ago.   Ripple promised to distribute its' coin and it never did.  Stellar seems to be pulling the same stunt where, after causing a commotion by throwing money on the street, has significantly clawed back on the Stellar they are giving out.

Remember there is 100 billion coins
They're still sitting on 99.7 billion coins.  Then they control 94% of tradeable stellar due to their 5 billion coins out of 5.3 billion tradeable.  There's was nothing stopping them from instabuying when it hit the exchanges before most of the public knew.

Nothing stopping them from pumping and dumping as we speak.  As I said there's huge manipulation here and it's just to make Stellar-Stripe (the "SS") a lot of easy money.

If they're going to restrict it to $10 or less forever, they'll be sitting on a premine that'll never go away.

legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
August 07, 2014, 03:46:26 AM
if they keep making adjustments like that, how will they ever give away the 95% of stellar for free.  they will end up with a huge amount kept in their accounts unless they also increase their giveaway amount when stellar price drops?  Can we see this happening? Tongue

Activity: 756
Merit: 506
August 07, 2014, 03:45:31 AM
i guess JED want to kill ripple..wow..

It's 99.7% premine and Stellar-Stripe ("SS") controls 94% of all tradeable Stellar.  If someone's dumping then you know who.

It's going to be fun watching the price volatility.  When you control that much of a coin you can pump and dump to infinity and make loads of cash.

Jump to: