Author

Topic: Stellar - page 117. (Read 521248 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 506
August 04, 2014, 09:39:15 PM
Never heard of Slide and Square.  Paypal was worth nothing until Ebay bought them out.  LinkedIn.. isn't that just a resume website?

Worse of all you're still assuming that the mainstream public cares about any of the above.  Paypal and Linkedin could get some attention from certain people but the rest are unknowns.

I am not assuming anyone knows any of the above, you made that up. I said it's an interesting team, which is undeniable (=> power structures).

Seems like Stellar is your new obsession after your NXT rampage, eh? Keep it cool TaunSew.

P.S. Slide and Square are interesting companies when it comes to electronic payment services. Not sure why you haven't heard of them.

MIT media who?
That one was a joke, was it?

By the way - I can't know everything about the money transfer industry because there's thousands of companies (if not tens of thousands) in that game now.  Plenty of parasites who are just looking to convince people to throw money at their products or services.

MIT = Massachusetts Institute of Technology

and pretty much common knowledge.

I doubt it's that common knowledge.  Bitcointalk is an international forum.  I'm not from the American east coast so why would I know any universities there?  Average person in France, Germany or Australia wouldn't even recognize MIT in a public conversation (as in not allowed to cheat to use the Google machine to find out what it is).

I could start naming off acronyms for major universities in multiple countries and most people wouldn't get them.

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
August 04, 2014, 09:36:18 PM
Never heard of Slide and Square.  Paypal was worth nothing until Ebay bought them out.  LinkedIn.. isn't that just a resume website?

Worse of all you're still assuming that the mainstream public cares about any of the above.  Paypal and Linkedin could get some attention from certain people but the rest are unknowns.

I am not assuming anyone knows any of the above, you made that up. I said it's an interesting team, which is undeniable (=> power structures).

Seems like Stellar is your new obsession after your NXT rampage, eh? Keep it cool TaunSew.

P.S. Slide and Square are interesting companies when it comes to electronic payment services. Not sure why you haven't heard of them.

MIT media who?

By the way - I can't know everything about the money transfer industry because there's thousands of companies (if not tens of thousands) in that game now.  Plenty of parasites who are just looking to convince people to throw money at their products or services.

MIT = Massachusetts Institute of Technology

and pretty much common knowledge.
August 04, 2014, 09:34:54 PM
Never heard of Slide and Square.  Paypal was worth nothing until Ebay bought them out.  LinkedIn.. isn't that just a resume website?

Worse of all you're still assuming that the mainstream public cares about any of the above.  Paypal and Linkedin could get some attention from certain people but the rest are unknowns.

MIT media who?

By the way - I can't know everything about the money transfer industry because there's thousands of companies (if not tens of thousands) in that game now.  Plenty of parasites who are just looking to convince people to throw money at their products or services.
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
August 04, 2014, 09:19:06 PM
It keep saying "Connecting" what's the deal can't send either says you need to connect first. Any idea what's wrong Huh
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
August 04, 2014, 09:18:10 PM

MIT media who?
August 04, 2014, 09:14:16 PM
Reality is people don't read the news like they used to.  Especially obscure internet news about cryptos which are hard to come by unless you know where to look for them.

People don't even watch YouTube videos like they used to.  Most popular Bitcoin video on the internet is from the early 2010s and only has a few million views

Well, don't forget that Bitcoin is actually not that popular yet (on top of that people generally have a hard time understanding how it works, not to mention having to download a huge blockchain unless they use Electrum/Multibit or the like). From Feb '14 [1]:
How many Bitcoin users are there? Well, a safe guess for the upper limit would be the total number of Bitcoin addresses with more than 1 mBTC (or 0.64 USD). That upper bound of total Bitcoin users is about 1.2 million. That number is actually fairly optimistic, because many users may have multiple Bitcoin addresses with balances greater than 1 mBTC. At block 180,000, Bitcoin addresses containing less than 1 mBTC (what Bitcoiners call "dust") make up more than 95% of all addresses and together hold 173 BTC.

It's definitely interesting to see Stellar coming up "over night", its message being pushed out to Businessinsider, Fortune, WallStreetJournal etc. More publicity on the net is impossible.

https://twitter.com/rabois/status/494880635786256384
Keith Rabbis:  We never accomplished our original vision at PayPal.  Time to fix that:  https://www.stellar.org/blog/introducing-stellar/

Some of the more prominent members of Stellar's team:

Keith Rabois, executive roles at PayPal, LinkedIn, Slide and Square
Jed McCaleb, creator of eDonkey, original developer of MtGox
Patrick Collison, cofounder and CEO of Stripe
Joi Ito, Director of the MIT Media Lab
Greg Stein, Director at the Apache Software Foundation
Matt Mullenweg, Founder and CEO of Automatic (Wordpress)
Naval Ravikant, Founder of AngelList
Sam Altman, President of Combinator
Jackson Palmer, Dogecoin Co-Founder

As well strong assumption that some former disgruntled executive is the samething as having that actual company on board.

eDonkey who?
Strip what?
MIT media who?
Angellist what?
Combinator who?
Dogecoin co-founder?   Lips sealed

August 04, 2014, 09:06:57 PM
Reality is people don't read the news like they used to.  Especially obscure internet news about cryptos which are hard to come by unless you know where to look for them.

People don't even watch YouTube videos like they used to.  Most popular Bitcoin video on the internet is from the early 2010s and only has a few million views

Well, don't forget that Bitcoin is actually not that popular yet (on top of that people generally have a hard time understanding how it works, not to mention having to download a huge blockchain unless they use Electrum/Multibit or the like). From Feb '14 [1]:
How many Bitcoin users are there? Well, a safe guess for the upper limit would be the total number of Bitcoin addresses with more than 1 mBTC (or 0.64 USD). That upper bound of total Bitcoin users is about 1.2 million. That number is actually fairly optimistic, because many users may have multiple Bitcoin addresses with balances greater than 1 mBTC. At block 180,000, Bitcoin addresses containing less than 1 mBTC (what Bitcoiners call "dust") make up more than 95% of all addresses and together hold 173 BTC.

It's definitely interesting to see Stellar coming up "over night", its message being pushed out to Businessinsider, Fortune, WallStreetJournal etc. More publicity on the net is impossible.

https://twitter.com/rabois/status/494880635786256384
Keith Rabbis:  We never accomplished our original vision at PayPal.  Time to fix that:  https://www.stellar.org/blog/introducing-stellar/

Some of the more prominent members of Stellar's interesting team:

Keith Rabois, executive roles at PayPal, LinkedIn, Slide and Square
Jed McCaleb, creator of eDonkey, original developer of MtGox
Patrick Collison, cofounder and CEO of Stripe
Joi Ito, Director of the MIT Media Lab
Greg Stein, Director at the Apache Software Foundation
Matt Mullenweg, Founder and CEO of Automatic (Wordpress)
Naval Ravikant, Founder of AngelList
Sam Altman, President of Combinator
Jackson Palmer, Dogecoin Co-Founder
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
August 04, 2014, 09:06:32 PM
You do realize that barely anyone reads online news, right?  Hundreds of readers, the odd article getting thousands, is not enough to build an userbase of millions.

lol

TaunSew, do you think people are brain dead or something?  People don't read?

Don't use dichotomies or strawmans it is a logical fallacy.

People don't even watch YouTube videos like they used to.  Most popular Bitcoin video on the internet is from the early 2010s and only has a few million views, while someone can post a brand new video in 2014 and get several million views in a week (Jenna Marbles is more popular than Bitcoin on YouTube).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo
Bitcoin 6 million views over years while YouTube is full of rappers and attention whores who can get 6 million views in days.

Hmm, I guess you have a point there.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
August 04, 2014, 09:05:38 PM
is it just me or does "ripple" sound way cooler than "stellar"?

I like stellar more. It reminds me of inter"stellar".

Ripple is more like cRIPPLE.
legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001
August 04, 2014, 09:04:22 PM
is it just me or does "ripple" sound way cooler than "stellar"?
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
Here I Am !!
August 04, 2014, 08:53:41 PM
I don't know why but i'm watting for 2 days and already don't recived my stellars, any advice?

My advice would be "keep waiting". They promised to distribute it today, and there is still 18 more hours to 11.59 PM
August 04, 2014, 08:52:37 PM
You do realize that barely anyone reads online news, right?  Hundreds of readers, the odd article getting thousands, is not enough to build an userbase of millions.

lol

TaunSew, do you think people are brain dead or something?  People don't read?

Don't use dichotomies or strawmans it is a logical fallacy.

People don't even watch YouTube videos like they used to.  Most popular Bitcoin video on the internet is from the early 2010s and only has a few million views, while someone can post a brand new video in 2014 and get several million views in a week (Jenna Marbles is more popular than Bitcoin on YouTube).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo
Bitcoin 6 million views over years while YouTube is full of rappers and attention whores who can get 6 million views in days.

August 04, 2014, 08:49:34 PM

lol

Just saying for what it is.  Ripple has been out since 2014 (almost a decade) and this "Stellar" coin (which they're probably in on) is their best attempt to try to upstart Bitcoin.

"Freebie handouts" and obscure articles on the net isn't enough to grow this coin to rival or surpass Bitcoin.  Stellar is really intended to be a 94.9% lockout intended to enrich its' developers and early bird investors.  There's no way this thing will even get 100,000 users let alone the millions it wants.

$10?  Wouldn't even get out of bed for $10.  Stellar with its' tens of billions of coins means 6000 stellar will only be worth $100s if Stellar goes beyond $10 billion capitalization (not holding my breath to wait for it to happen).

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
August 04, 2014, 08:47:14 PM
I don't know why but i'm watting for 2 days and already don't recived my stellars, any advice?

Make another account and use a friends FB account.
Activity: 310
Merit: 250
August 04, 2014, 08:46:33 PM
August 04, 2014, 08:45:59 PM
You do realize that barely anyone reads online news, right?  Hundreds of readers, the odd article getting thousands, is not enough to build an userbase of millions.

lol

TaunSew, do you think people are brain dead or something?  People don't read?
August 04, 2014, 08:44:33 PM
Hey instacash, I love your mac wallet and client developments.

Why did you join stellar?

Hi JerryThomas! If by "join stellar" you mean why I made an account, it's because it attracts a huge userbase to virtual currency and that's one of the reasons why I find it interesting. I am not part of the Stellar team.

Yes, correct this is what I meant.

Thanks!
August 04, 2014, 08:43:47 PM

lol
Activity: 16
August 04, 2014, 08:43:05 PM
I made .039 on the free stellare given out.. Not bad for doing fook all.

Congrats, did you use Justcoin.com to sell them? I am still waiting for my free Stellars. I have been in the queue for over 24 hours now but I am patient.  Cool
Jump to: