Author

Topic: Stellar - page 118. (Read 521248 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
August 04, 2014, 08:40:16 PM
I made .039 on the free stellare given out.. Not bad for doing fook all.
Well yeah, everyone is just trying to grab a slice of the pie.
Most people have not taken Stellar seriously.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
August 04, 2014, 08:38:27 PM
I made .039 on the free stellare given out.. Not bad for doing fook all.
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
August 04, 2014, 08:36:50 PM
The goal is to get millions of people to sign up for this but this thread only has a few thousand views.

millions*, you mean.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gl=us&tbm=nws&authuser=0&q=stellar+money&oq=stellar+money

This thread on this forum only has a few thousand views.

You source blogs that are written by obscure journalists and that was likely only read by hundreds.  Ok.   Roll Eyes

As for the $3 million venture investment - I knew about that way before you ever did.  Crypto currencies is full of venture capitalists who'll seize an opportunity when they can get one.

If Stellar gets $50K volume everyday 24H (while they control 98% of tradeable coins due to 94.9% lockup) in 24 hours, that means the VC guys make around $7 million by the end of the year.   If this becomes Ripple styled volume then Stellar can make them $42+ million.  Then the Stellar team gets their even bigger share of the profits.

The venture capitalists don't care about the product or service, they only care about what makes them money and a Ripple Fork is one way of doing it.

They just have to dangle this carrot of "oh look stellar is free to receive" while 94.9% of the give aways are locked up due to a lack of users, while they got 0.05% to dump while the public has crumbs.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
August 04, 2014, 08:36:10 PM
Hey instacash, I love your mac wallet and client developments.

Why did you join stellar?

Hi JerryThomas! If by "join stellar" you mean why I made an account, it's because it attracts a huge userbase to virtual currency and that's one of the reasons why I find it interesting. I am not part of the Stellar team.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
August 04, 2014, 08:34:18 PM
The goal is to get millions of people to sign up for this but this thread only has a few thousand views.

millions*, you mean.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gl=us&tbm=nws&authuser=0&q=stellar+money&oq=stellar+money

Hey instacash, I love your mac wallet and client developments.

Why did you join stellar?
August 04, 2014, 08:32:47 PM

millions*, you mean.

Activity: 756
Merit: 506
August 04, 2014, 08:16:47 PM
This will have an inflated capitalization due to 94.9% of Stellar being locked up.  

The goal of having millions of signs up = scam lockup.  Bitcoin only has 2 million users and yet you think you can get millions to use Stellar?  The general public simply isn't that interested in crypto currencies unless it's for speculation purposes (like riding the Bitcoin train between 2009 to 2014) and dangling $10 worth of stellar isn't going to convince most people to bother with it.  

Like I said this is a 94.9% lockup.  Like Aurora before the air drop.  Or Ripple at the moment.    That means they can have a capitalization in the billions easily (even though the volume might only be $500 to $100,000 like Marinecoin or Ripple).

That gives them 0.05% stellar to dump while the public has 0.00001% to 0.001% to play with.  This is easy millions for the developer, imho, they control all the volume and can slowly dump on the exchanges to reap a profit.

The people who run Ripple are easily making $10K+ a day.  Looks like people are envious on not getting in on that money train, so they're trying to pass off a more 'fair' fork of Ripple which isn't fair.  

As 94.9% of coins will be locked up, they pretty much own 98%+ of the tradeable coins.

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
August 04, 2014, 08:13:13 PM
I will be listening.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
August 04, 2014, 08:06:25 PM
Let's see how long it lasts and where it'll go.

All I said was that there's lots of space (for its price) to grow . I did not say it would hold its value up to its full distribution.

At current rate of 0.0000058 and BTC price, all 100,076,310,224 Stellars would sum up to ~340'991'530$, approx 4.42% of Bitcoin's market cap.

The rate it is distributing at is remarkable. Probably lots of people with FB accounts attracted to some free virtual currency. Perhaps a large chunk of them are not even into Bitcoin.

But contrary to most alts that the total coins are mined in just months, this is for long term, you will not see the 100 billions even in the first 2 years in the market, for example the total giveaway given as today is only 130 million,
legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001
August 04, 2014, 08:03:13 PM
can someone please make stellar dice?  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
August 04, 2014, 07:41:52 PM
lol wait a minute guys, isn't the whole point of ripple/stellar is that the coins are not intended to be used as actual currency?

edit:
hmm the stellar.org blog says:

Stellar also comes with a built-in digital currency, referred to as the stellar, which we’re giving away for free. The currency will have value (as determined by the market);
however, its primary function is providing a conversion path between other currencies.

if memory serves this is quite different rhetoric than ripple used.

Maybe this is Jeb's Secret Project. These guys are not n00bs.

I like the way they included the CLAM Proof-Of-Chain idea.

Maybe CLAM is Jeb's Secret Project.
August 04, 2014, 07:37:42 PM
does someone knows how to change the password from your stellar account?

Hi Benjig, one can't
Activity: 462
August 04, 2014, 07:35:56 PM
does someone knows how to change the password from your stellar account?
Activity: 742
August 04, 2014, 07:12:08 PM
Why can't I receive stellars and my account is thought to be spam?What kind of account it have to be?Active, kinda old with mobile phone?
legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com
August 04, 2014, 07:11:35 PM
lol wait a minute guys, isn't the whole point of ripple/stellar is that the coins are not intended to be used as actual currency?

edit:

Stellar also comes with a built-in digital currency, referred to as the stellar, which we’re giving away for free. The currency will have value (as determined by the market);
however, its primary function is providing a conversion path between other currencies.

Different rhetoric, same outcome.

Ripples (XRP) were also traded soley for the use of specualtion. Same thing will happen here, atleast devs are honest about it.
legendary
Activity: 1611
August 04, 2014, 07:03:03 PM

edit:

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
August 04, 2014, 06:38:50 PM
Those can claim those stakes too. (I have no verified phone and was able to claim)

How could you do that? I tried claiming from Facebook, but they said they wanted a verified one. I am not giving Facebook my phone number.

Price will go south soon so I am hoping I can get and sell some soon.

In the first hours .. only  the auth facebook and the recovery code Wink

legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com
August 04, 2014, 06:37:37 PM
Those can claim those stakes too. (I have no verified phone and was able to claim)

How could you do that? I tried claiming from Facebook, but they said they wanted a verified one. I am not giving Facebook my phone number.

I was one of the first to claim stellars, so maybe that is why. Still I bet people find work arounds.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
August 04, 2014, 06:24:36 PM

Jump to: