Pages:
Author

Topic: Stop SCAM in the ICO market - page 3. (Read 14245 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
April 21, 2019, 10:19:27 PM
You cannot stop scams in ICO market , the only thing that you can do is that you can use your conscience while choosing an ICO to invest. Not all ICOs are worth a investment and not all ICOs are scam.
See if the team can deliver what they promise in whitepaper, see the tech behind the project and the fund that they have to get the project to the end.
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
April 21, 2019, 08:58:04 PM
Theres really no way to stop scams. No matter what people will find a way to steal from others via ICO
But we can still do something especially if we saw a scam project better to report it right away so we can help bounty hunters and even investors not to lose money and time. Stopping an scam ICO is not easy, there are times that it looks like a real project and after many months in turns out to become a scam so try to invest on coins that are already in the market than to new coins and still on the pre-ico level.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
April 21, 2019, 08:55:14 PM
We cannot just say that people should stop the scam in the ICO market because as long as the scammers are seeing people that are vulnerable to scam ICO project ideas then they will not stop and they will just continue doing it. People should be smart enough to do the DYOR or Do Your Own Research first before getting into any project.
Activity: 817
Merit: 506
April 21, 2019, 08:47:25 PM
I think the only way to stop scams in ICO market is solely based on the ICO investors who needs to be more diligent to choose only those significantly and most trusted ones. I know it's easier said than done, but that is the only thing to minimize if not totally eradicate scams in ICO market.
The trust is there when indeed their project is transparent and also addresses the seriousness of the development of their project because without this people's trust will not be able to grow. plus ico itself is no longer a big interest for investors because of the bad image
Activity: 756
Merit: 12
April 21, 2019, 08:38:12 PM
I think the only way to stop scams in ICO market is solely based on the ICO investors who needs to be more diligent to choose only those significantly and most trusted ones. I know it's easier said than done, but that is the only thing to minimize if not totally eradicate scams in ICO market.
Indeed, if investor more diligent on their investment, i am believe they will not scammed. But to reduce and prevent more scam ICOs in market, government regulation needed and i am believe if this happen, scam developers team will afraid facing law
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
April 21, 2019, 07:25:17 PM
Theres really no way to stop scams. No matter what people will find a way to steal from others via ICO
if there is a way to eliminate it or it will reduce Scam maybe ICO will be safer and more people want to follow it again.
hopefully in the future there will be a way to stop fraud because in the future there will be increasingly sophisticated technological tools so that fraud no longer exists but may be difficult.
people who are cheated if they are not too enthusiastic maybe they will give up and despair so they don't want to try again.
Activity: 910
Merit: 251
April 21, 2019, 07:19:47 PM
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
April 21, 2019, 06:13:34 PM
My instinct tell me this is another strategy to scam people because people will be interested because of the concept of stopping scam in the ICO market not knowing they're purposely use that as a distraction to dupe unsuspecting investors. The only thing that can genuinely stop scam is by individual's diligence
Activity: 517
Merit: 257
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 21, 2019, 05:47:10 PM
Activity: 276
April 18, 2019, 10:38:31 AM
You are great as at least you have been concerned with scammers in the market. And you have taken some steps in a bid to discourage scammers. But the best idea to curb scams in the market is form a crypto body that is tasked with formulating some rules and regulations and hearing complaints related to crypto fraud. For this, all those involved in cryptocurrency should unite.
I have tried to open your website. But unfortunately, it did not open. Please make sure it opens and we can view it.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
April 18, 2019, 09:36:16 AM
I don't see this scammers backing  out of scamming or launching scam projects every now and then, as it is their source of income, if you don't want to fall victim, you will have to be diligent to analyse project and determine whether it is worth investment or not. Only you can help yourself out to prevent being scammed, since no regulations have been put in place to regulate ICOs.
At the rate of which scam is increasing in the crypto world, a regulation would be of great importance. Can't let scammers ruin cryptocurrency for the the world.
You are right, mere warning them verbally would not make them go away, but there are so many things that we all need to put together to make this happen, one of it is what OP has done and like you rightly advised, we people participating in these ICOs too needs to watch out for the bad ones.

We need not to be greedy about our investment, since sometimes, it can still be difficult to get a good one, no matter the analysis we do, so the best bet is to really make sure that we only invest a little amount we can afford to lose per project, at least, not all projects will fail at once provided we don’t keep all our eggs in on basket.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
April 18, 2019, 08:19:40 AM
I will really support any projects that can be develope to stop scamming in icos market.  I believe as it has happened to me last year that many of us has not really recovered from the lose we made through scam icos and some of them has even abandon their channels of communications with investors.
That is a small part of the ico projects that have failed. many projects failed in 2018. let's improve our active role, because when we play an active role in analyzing various data related to the project, we can avoid bad risks. let's play a role and we provide input on the analysis of various projects.
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
April 18, 2019, 08:16:27 AM
I will really support any projects that can be develope to stop scamming in icos market.  I believe as it has happened to me last year that many of us has not really recovered from the lose we made through scam icos and some of them has even abandon their channels of communications with investors.
Activity: 378
April 18, 2019, 08:12:33 AM
Please tell us whether would you invest in a project that:
1. has an MVP that works well.
2. unites all of the stakeholders in the ICO market.
3. stops scam projects.
4. creates a marketplace for easy communication and cooperation.
Most times MVP is not the true test of a good project. I have seen projects that   proclaimed to have MVP or truly have the MVP, but at the end end up being scam.
Some of them, after acquiring the needed money, they forget about further development of the project.
Activity: 616
Merit: 10
April 18, 2019, 07:56:06 AM
I dont think that people will stop on spreading every scams in the market. Identifying scam in the cryptocurrency world is very important but in the otherside its very difficult to find whether its scam or not.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
April 18, 2019, 07:43:25 AM
I think that identifying scams should be the primary task for anyone who chooses to contact ICO. There are too many ICOs on the market, too much scam, too many bad projects, therefore it is better to invest in IOE.

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
April 17, 2019, 11:40:15 AM
All people here talk about scams, scam coins scam persons etc. Then the same people send private message that said "we can help your project, we have legend accounts to talk about your project etc. Of course all these people want a payment and if you pay them your project stop to be a scam. Are you sure that this is a fair system? Who know when a project is a scam or not? a legentary member? LOL
copper member
Activity: 190
April 17, 2019, 11:34:24 AM
Just make more research and everything is going to be fine. There is no need in creating agencies that are fighting against fraud projects, but people need to learn how to investigate project and invest not only their money, but a lot of time as well.
Activity: 728
Merit: 110
April 17, 2019, 11:13:37 AM
You can't simple stop scam by talking on the forum. These guys are greedy and they go for it even they will have to do a really bad things. We need a regulation for them.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
April 17, 2019, 11:08:45 AM
if thats true then it good for everyone, but why you should make ico for stop another ico scam. better build your own independent teams and build your community

If the project has a solid and honest team to continue to develop their project, I think good things will emerge easily and investors will begin to appear in the project.
Pages:
Jump to: