Pages:
Author

Topic: Stop your BTC cheerleading and mass delusion and face the reality - page 7. (Read 10165 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
World Class Cryptonaire
By the way, Facebook was founded in 2004, it didn't even have positive cash flow until 2009 (5 years later!). As of January 2014 they still had ONLY 1.2 billion active users (10 years later!)

Facebook was launched to the public Sept. 2006.  Bitcoin also had a period before its Jan 2009 launch wherein it was tested by a smaller group. So thus Facebook is only 8 years old as a public service and has 1.2 billion users. Bitcoin is nearing 6 years old as a public service has about about 1000X less users. Sorry there is no comparison.

"launched to public" in 2006? Bitcoin is just known to part of the public during the 2013 run up

Launched means launched. Not everyone in the world knew about Facebook in 2006. Before 2006, it was not available to the public, only to closed groups.

Continue with your delusion.

In 2009 bitcoin was not known to the world, just a small group of cryptoanalysts that were on a specific mailing list, and there was only 1 miner (satoshi). So then we shouldn't be stating that bitcoin was "launched" in 2009 according to your definition. If you don't realize that I'm done feeding you here.
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
Future price predictions threads, up or down, always require at least a little hubris. This speculation thread is a bit above average though...

If the market knew what would happen, the price would be stable...
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
For the broad population there is no use case

False, totally false, and the problem is that you know it (i hope you understand at least this part of the BTC system).

More unsubstantiated posts. You provide no argument.

Fact is that money transfer still requires the sender and the recipient to cash in and cash out in fiat. They still pay the fees.
The argument: are people who are currently on this forum/using bitcoin not part of the 'broad population'?
If not, are you trying to say that I'm intelligent or special in some way?  Smiley

Also: You found no flaw, since there is no flaw in it.

Probably this is the right example for a money transfer with 40 cent fees
https://blockchain.info/tx/8f1d3a8ef6b2d4a25d2f499279e01518b4770819ccbc39a765c4c326170c61b3

81 Million Dollar Equivalent.  Grin Grin
Exactly.
legendary
World Class Cryptonaire
Please find a flaw in this: I can send $1B with a fee of 40 cents or less.

That is not a use case for the broad population. For the broad population there is no use case, other than as a get rich speculation.

Use cases?

1. Remittances -- very low fees compared to 10-15% of companies like western union
2. Self storage - Your accounts are not able to be "frozen" by 3rd parties
3. Portability -- You can travel to any country and immediately use your bitcoins without needing to transfer funds from one bank to another or pay additional currency exchange fees. If you tried to travel with a suitcase of cash you'd soon be broke/robbed
4. Not able to be used in Bail-ins: Example Cyprus stealing money from large account holders to bail-in their banks. And actually the G20 just agreed that bail-ins should be used before bail-outs by the IMF or the central banks....we are going to see a lot more bank failures and bail-ins in the near future
5. Known inflation/emission rate. : Take notice of argentina, or the QE in USA
6. the list goes on and on but if your too lazy to look them up then I'm going to stop here.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

False, totally false, and the problem is that you know it (i hope you understand at least this part of the BTC system).

More unsubstantiated posts. You provide no argument.

Fact is that money transfer still requires the sender and the recipient to cash in and cash out in fiat. They still pay the fees.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040

By the way, Facebook was founded in 2004, it didn't even have positive cash flow until 2009 (5 years later!). As of January 2014 they still had ONLY 1.2 billion active users (10 years later!)

Facebook was launched to the public Sept. 2006.  Bitcoin also had a period before its Jan 2009 launch wherein it was tested by a smaller group. So thus Facebook is only 8 years old as a public service and has 1.2 billion users. Bitcoin is nearing 6 years old as a public service has about about 1000X less users. Sorry there is no comparison.

"launched to public" in 2006? Bitcoin is just known to part of the public during the 2013 run up

Launched means launched. Not everyone in the world knew about Facebook in 2006. Before 2006, it was not available to the public, only to closed groups.

Continue with your delusion.
legendary
World Class Cryptonaire

"launched to public" in 2006? Bitcoin is just known to part of the public during the 2013 run up, does that make it a little over 1 year old? Or do we start with inception dates?

Even if we use your numbers with facebook taking 8 years to get 1.2 billion users, for such an EASY technology to use....expect bitcoin to take much longer...but that is Okay, I'm patient Smiley

"Sorry there is no comparison" -- Every part of your (and my) argument is a comparison ....are you just trying to troll?

That is not a use case for the broad population. For the broad population there is no use case, other than as a get rich speculation.
legendary

Probably this is the right example for a money transfer with 40 cent fees

https://blockchain.info/tx/8f1d3a8ef6b2d4a25d2f499279e01518b4770819ccbc39a765c4c326170c61b3

81 Million Dollar Equivalent.  Grin Grin

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
If you see this as a discussion about the price, well I can't help you with that.

What we are debating here is the core purpose of bitcoin itself, and its existence , which is much larger subject than you would want to admit.
A moderator can help with that, and he's right.
No, nobody is debating anything. This is just you stating idiotic things, which shows us that your mind is very limited.

Now go contact WU and ask them how much that would cost.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Attempts to predict whether bitcoin will increase or decrease in exchange rate belong in speculation subforum.

holding to a few BTC expecting to become millionaires

estimated to be around $100 trillion including the black markets. If this does not happen BTC will be literally worthless - not even half a cent that it started at.

It will not be worth $10,000 or $100,000 dollars

bought at $700 or $900 dollars, cut your loses

November 2013 was the bubble which will never repeat

it is already calculated into the price.

it will be worthless before 2020.

Sure looks like a discussion about price to me.

I'm not trying to "hide" anything.  If I was, I'd say that the topic should be deleted.  I'm just suggesting that it would better fit in a different sub forum.

If you see this as a discussion about the price, well I can't help you with that.

What we are debating here is the core purpose of bitcoin itself, and its existence , which is much larger subject than you would want to admit.
Danny, looks like most of that was a claimed quote of Satoshi, so that is a historical accuracy discussion among other things.

He is not giving price speculation, rather he is arguing that Bitcoin is dead or not scaling and there is massive cheerleading and delusion. I have argued upthread that Bitcoin is not dead[1], but I have agreed with him that there is a problem with delusional cheerleading.

[1] Speculation bubbles don't die usually on the first or second bubble but rather on the third one when the retail public moves in. When everyone has access to Bitcoin via Paypal, there can be a another larger bubble involving grandmas and women too. So we can hurt the most people. Speculation bubbles need to hurt many people as possible before they finally die. Bitcoin has no wide use case a currency. But it does have a wide use case as a Ponzi-like (not exactly Ponzi but similar outcome) speculation, where everyone rushes into buy so the Windlevoss twins can cash out with massive profits.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
Attempts to predict whether bitcoin will increase or decrease in exchange rate belong in speculation subforum.

holding to a few BTC expecting to become millionaires

estimated to be around $100 trillion including the black markets. If this does not happen BTC will be literally worthless - not even half a cent that it started at.

It will not be worth $10,000 or $100,000 dollars

bought at $700 or $900 dollars, cut your loses

November 2013 was the bubble which will never repeat

it is already calculated into the price.

it will be worthless before 2020.

Sure looks like a discussion about price to me.

I'm not trying to "hide" anything.  If I was, I'd say that the topic should be deleted.  I'm just suggesting that it would better fit in a different sub forum.
legendary
So what is the reason they must use Bitcoin? I haven't been able to find a reason.

Because you haven't understand Bitcoin. Very Simple.  Wink

I understand Bitcoin better than all of you do.

Troll. LOL  Grin
No time to loose with you sorry.  Wink

Let this thread go second page......
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
a man can dream right?

let us dream

Well, you can dream all you want buddy, just don't forget that you gotta wake up sooner or later and face the reality.
So what is the reason they must use Bitcoin? I haven't been able to find a reason.

Because you haven't understand Bitcoin. Very Simple.  Wink

I understand Bitcoin better than all of you do.

Any more unsubstantiated noise you want to add to this thread?
legendary

Because you haven't understand Bitcoin. Very Simple.  Wink
Let's talk about the reason most people must use Bitcoin?

They must use Facebook, because that is where their friends and family are.

So what is the reason they must use Bitcoin? I haven't been able to find a reason. In all my years of successfully marketing and programming million user software, I know you don't get there without a compelling use case for your product.

What we have here is a bunch of delusional men, thinking they can get rich quick while fighting evil in the monetary system. In short, a massive delusion without a use case.

If I suggest anonymity or decentralized derivatives to actually give use cases, the delusion men attack my ideas. Sigh. Thus competing with Bitcoin is a possibility, although a risky bet.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
a man can dream right?

let us dream
Pages:
Jump to: