Pages:
Author

Topic: Storing of Bitcoins is against Bitcoin. - page 22. (Read 41827 times)

Activity: 292
Merit: 250
Storing of Bitcoins is against Bitcoin.
No one will offer services for Bitcoin.
Spend Your Bitcoins.

Hi Vika, how does storing of bitcoins is against bitcoins? Where did you learned that? Can you please share to us the link or the article stating what you have mentioned. Because a lot of people is earning a lot of money through storing of bitcoins or in other other term , by holding them so they will be able to sell it in the future or when the time that its price will rise and as far as I am concern, nobody can require anyone to spend their money just because they say so.
Activity: 336
Spend Your Bitcoins.

How is it against bitcoin? it adds value.  Worth noting for you by the way Bitcoin is the PROTOCOL and bitcoin is the CURRENCY.

Yes you are right by saying that saving it increases the price. But you must consider that the main issue raised by the author is an extreme one. Imagine all users are going to save their bitcoins and not spend it then what will happen. Surely the market will die and no ones gonna buy because no ones gotta sell. So its bad for the economy. There will be bitcoin shortage or bitcoin will no longer be used as a currency.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Spend Your Bitcoins.

How is it against bitcoin? it adds value.  Worth noting for you by the way Bitcoin is the PROTOCOL and bitcoin is the CURRENCY.

Well maybe I got his point. he is saying that storing is against Bitcoin because it is not helping the adoption of bitcoin in the ecosystem.
So he is saying that we must spend it, so that we are going to help the adoption of bitcoin and help to circulate bitcoin in the market.
But it seems a lot are holding.

Besides a few online places I have not been able to find any retailers that I use on a regular basis the accept BTC.
I would like to spend my coin but I am forced to be a holder, which in hind sight is very good, I have been holding for 2 years, weee me!
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
Spend Your Bitcoins.

Well maybe I got his point. he is saying that storing is against Bitcoin because it is not helping the adoption of bitcoin in the ecosystem.
So he is saying that we must spend it, so that we are going to help the adoption of bitcoin and help to circulate bitcoin in the market.

OP just stating his view regarding the progress of bitcoin but anyone has the right if he want to store or spend his bitcoin. For sure lost of us holding huge amount of bitcoin especially to those filthy rich bigtime bitcoin holders. Well bitcoin can circulate  even many of us are holding on our wallets because bitcoin has a decent amount or supply that can ciculate all over the world.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Spend Your Bitcoins.

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
With bitcoins you are the person that can and will choose what to do, can invest, store, lend, or make anything else the thing is nothing related to bitcoin is against it, as we have full control and power over our money. We dont need to ask our money back, to pay a fee to let our coins saved.

That's right. Bitcoin can be seen as a multifunctional tool that can basically offer anything a person might need. It's great that we can choose to use something instead of getting forced to use something we don't want. I wish more people would appreciate Bitcoin the way it is.
X7
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
Spend Your Bitcoins.

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
With bitcoins you are the person that can and will choose what to do, can invest, store, lend, or make anything else the thing is nothing related to bitcoin is against it, as we have full control and power over our money. We dont need to ask our money back, to pay a fee to let our coins saved.
Activity: 420
For me its not. Do not worry that bitcoin needs to be used in order to be in existence. It will be used by the markets on the hidden internet. Many people like to store their bitcoins. Storing bitcoins is not against bitcoin as you are just a drop in the ocean comparing to people using the markets on the hidden internet.

I agree with this, bitcoin is good whatever way you use it. There is no leader or board of directors who can tell you what to do.
Whatever you do, is fine, but make sure to store them safe by storing them offline.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
For me its not. Do not worry that bitcoin needs to be used in order to be in existence. It will be used by the markets on the hidden internet. Many people like to store their bitcoins. Storing bitcoins is not against bitcoin as you are just a drop in the ocean comparing to people using the markets on the hidden internet.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Agreed. Bitcoin revolves around it's system of a public ledger. What use is this when no one's using it? Storing bitcoin is just in the hope of the price going up. But if everyone does this, then the price will just go down.
if people holding bitcoin,the supply will be decreased, if the amount of people who holding bitcoin increasing day by day automatically the supply will be decreased day by day and will result the demand not fulfilled so the price increase that's how thing works
That is how i also think but bitcoin should also circulates in the market to prove its existence , because i think when no one uses it because all stores it would be useless
That is how things  work yes, but if all people hoard bitcoins, some will just forget about it and move on to another digital currency that is available in the market.  And that is how system work.  If the main aim isn't available, people tend to get the next available target.  Then all people taking the 2nd available coins, in due time this coin will surpass the unused  hoarded bitcoin.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
Agreed. Bitcoin revolves around it's system of a public ledger. What use is this when no one's using it? Storing bitcoin is just in the hope of the price going up. But if everyone does this, then the price will just go down.
if people holding bitcoin,the supply will be decreased, if the amount of people who holding bitcoin increasing day by day automatically the supply will be decreased day by day and will result the demand not fulfilled so the price increase that's how thing works
That is how i also think but bitcoin should also circulates in the market to prove its existence , because i think when no one uses it because all stores it would be useless
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
I personally would love if people were spending more BTC Smiley I do understand however why people are holding.

Spending and holding both are the part of any currency, it is the money of people and they have full right on it so they like other currency when need, have to spend, and when have more, they have to hold.
Bitcoin will help you in any situations like other currencies. So it's our own wish to save for future or to spend now. I think it is not against bitcoin and not against the law.
Activity: 406
that is not against the law.

This is depending of local laws.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country
(But there might be mistakes)
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I personally would love if people were spending more BTC Smiley I do understand however why people are holding.

Spending and holding both are the part of any currency, it is the money of people and they have full right on it so they like other currency when need, have to spend, and when have more, they have to hold.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
So storing of bitcoins has no problem in my point and it is up to a user. As you can store any other currency, similarly you can store and save the bitcoins. There is no harm in it.

This is a supply and demand question, Monetarysm.
supply and demand is some thing else. but why should i not keep my property. the bitcoin i have is my property and i have the right to store it or use it . no one has any concern with it. and that is not against the law.
also a fact that the price of bitcoin i will increase more and more in future.

Why You are talking about the price?
There is no shop with the prices.
The exchange rate is made on the Market and it goes down perfectly.
Paying options are not ended on Bitcoin.
Activity: 252
Most people store their Bitcoin because they think that in the future the price is going to be higher then ever so that they can make much money.
It is not sure that it is going to happen but people just do not like it as a currency.
no people like it and consider it as a currency. but the problem is that most of the people have no opportunities to use it as a currency. therefore they only compromise on to hold it for the price increase. and that is also a fact that the price of bitcoin i will increase more and more in future.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Most people store their Bitcoin because they think that in the future the price is going to be higher then ever so that they can make much money.
It is not sure that it is going to happen but people just do not like it as a currency.
p2p lending

I see European p2p € lending structure called bondora, seems, they are able to extract the money from debitors
Pages:
Jump to: