Pages:
Author

Topic: stupidity is so close to poverty - page 42. (Read 6139 times)

Activity: 1960
Merit: 329
www.Artemis.co
July 10, 2018, 12:02:09 PM
stupidity is so close to poverty, do you agree with such a phrase?
if it yes, means the poor are the fools.
I want to know your opinion.  Grin Grin
The expression is not completely correct but it is not wrong. I hope you know that 'the poor are the fools.' is not the same as 'the poor are the fools. Otherwise that will be an insult to the poor.
Activity: 211
Merit: 0
July 10, 2018, 11:54:39 AM
Yes, knowledge is power, certainly fools is powerless and so they become poor in mind, in deed and financially burden unless they will break free and take action to loosen themselves from these state.
Activity: 406
Merit: 36
July 10, 2018, 11:16:53 AM
I want to know your opinion.  Grin Grin
Grin Grin as funny as it sounds, I actually disagree. Not everyone who is poor is a fool as some are just quite unfortunate. If you have made a visit to some third world countries on mission trips, you will understand.

With that being said, I agree that some are fools as well. I will give an example! A lot of people in this space who claim to be investors (which I classify as lazy investors), gladly refuses to get themselves equipped with knowledge to help them make better decisions and after complaining about the banks stealing from them, monopolies over the years, they still panic over little things to give away the little they could just take the risk to hold and liberate themselves to the same banks and institutions. That is dumb!
Activity: 432
Merit: 126
July 10, 2018, 11:16:09 AM
This is probably true and probably not. In some aspect not all poor are stupid. There are factors to consider also, they maybe didnt finish their school due to lack of finances which we all know that most of the companies is looking for a college graduates. I can say that stupidity is close to poverty is when you have something in you (like maybe money or business) but you are so stupid that you dont take a good care of it and ended up lossing all.of it due to stupidity.
Activity: 633
Merit: 14
July 10, 2018, 11:06:26 AM
You are too insulting to say that the poor are stupid, never weaken the less fortunate people then one day change into yourself, they also have the ideals and surely make efforts to improve their economy but the fate of Others, the limitation of resources the nature of a society will be poverty-stricken if its natural resources no longer provide benefits to their lives, so that nothing else is expected of them because of limited resources, it should be the government's task to facilitate any business plan they believe in.
Obviously with the lack of education, causing a person lacking certain skills necessary in life, the limited education or skills possessed by a person causes a person's limited ability to enter the workforce.
The most dangerous is the nature of laziness, laziness (being passive or leaning on fate) causes a person to be indifferent and unenthusiastic to work, it is useless if all available easily but lazy in doing every job and lazy thinking, the poor are the people who is lazy, because to look for a job not only using the brain, but using the power can also be done.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
July 10, 2018, 10:58:48 AM

No I don't agree with your statement.  A lot of poor people are really intelligent but they don't have the resources to succeed.   Being abused as a child, growing up in a poor country filled with violence you will have a very small chance to overcome that.

Most rich people I know in real life are either stupid with good connections or just got extremely lucky.
copper member
Activity: 409
July 10, 2018, 10:38:00 AM

Stupidity can be one factor for people to be poor, because he can not use the opportunity to make a profit.
Activity: 26
July 10, 2018, 10:32:53 AM
ignorance is close to poverty I think true because fools can not determine the way of life, they will always fail and in the lie of people because of ignorance and limitations of insight. for example if there are people born to rich families but because of ignorance owned then he is not able to cultivate the wealth already owned.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
July 10, 2018, 10:30:52 AM
if you are stupid then you will also be poor even if you start out super rich. but if you are poor it doesn't mean you are stupid. the other way doesn't work because the first reply mentioned there are more reasons for being poor than just being stupid. there are a lot of unpredictable things in life that can lead to bankruptcy for instance.

in any case we are seeing cases of "being stupid leading to being poor" every day in the altcoin market as newbies stupidly give their money to pumpers and ICO scammers and lose it just like that!
Activity: 434
Merit: 13
July 10, 2018, 10:28:24 AM
I think not all fools are poor. And not all poor people are stupid too. And there are also poor people who have intelligence. The poor are the ones who are lazy to work. Those who have no business to make a profit. So they should help to work. In order for them to become rich.
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
July 10, 2018, 10:19:36 AM
I don't know if it is, we have many stupid rich people around as well.
Activity: 33
July 10, 2018, 10:19:13 AM
Not always the case.. people stay poor due to opportunities open to them but doesnt mean theyre stupid.. there are lots of people that came from poor tier but manage to get on top..
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
July 10, 2018, 10:12:09 AM
I don't think those two things are always closely related. If you started out in a poor family, you'll have less chances to get a decent education.
Doesn't mean that they're stupid, it's just a lack of equal chances.

I do image that some people are poor because they are less intelligent, but not in all cases.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
July 10, 2018, 10:02:59 AM

I think I would want to take a different school of thought because being smart is not the only factor that is responsible for being rich as you have to consider the resources available to such individual. I have know so many poor people that are poor and working for people that are not as smart as they are. The founder of Facebook is smart but he also have the resources, he left Havard for crying out loud, the same goes for Bill Gates and a hosts of other billionaires who either expanded what their parents have built or they came from an average rich family that made their path to wealth seems easy. Even though that is also not the main reason but without doubt, there are some place in the world even if you are a business genius, its more difficult to succeed compare to an average guy in another part of the world.
Activity: 98
July 10, 2018, 09:36:36 AM
I agree with your point of view if you are stupid you will not know the direction of investment and you will not have an investment plan leading to you not going to be quick and get losses so you can not get rich quickly.
Activity: 826
Merit: 100
July 10, 2018, 09:32:54 AM
people who do not have a broad insight, then he will be confused in determining the way of life, so they do not know what to do because of the smallness of their scope. then poverty will always be close to ignorance
Activity: 364
Merit: 103
July 10, 2018, 09:31:30 AM

my opinion of ignorance is mirrored by poverty, if my material point of view strongly agrees with your views, but that should be underlined that wealth does not have to be materialized, but intelligence can not be realized with the material wealth of intelligence of one's personal inner wealth is not necessarily and not always tangible back to personal materialized or not materialized, may be useful and successful for all of us
Activity: 125
July 10, 2018, 09:30:47 AM
There are a lot of rich stupid peoples.  I prefer lack of education and malnutrition, it happen when someone didn't have any chance to go to school because uneducated parents can't afford the cost or didn't even care.  If government or society didn't do something about this it will be impossible for them to improve the quality of their life.  So, I guess nothing to laugh on this.   Sad
Activity: 140
July 10, 2018, 09:20:42 AM
Not everyone is poor. there are several factors that make a person poor is economy and luck. if those fools who have luck could have the person become rich. for example there are uneducated people who get big raffles or those who buy bitcoin in 2009 and sell it this year. in contrast to the case of 1000 bitcoins in exchange for 2 pizza pans.
Activity: 140
July 10, 2018, 09:11:39 AM
That isn't a good comparison in fact it's a bad comparison. Being stupid isn't connected strongly to poverty, same way the richest aren't the wisest. Although it can be argued that stupidity can "predispose" you to poverty
Pages:
Jump to: