Pages:
Author

Topic: Substratum ICO - August 7-September 7 (Pre-Sale with Bonuses Available Now) - page 45. (Read 72567 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Larger exchanges are coming after Coss.io. Bittrex doesn't give exact dates, but with the website currently about to get a massive upgrade with really high quality designing. Things are looking good to buy in before the October pump.
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
I meant a larger exchange & trade friendly exchange. As useful as etherdelta is, it's slow as hell and offers no trading stats whatsoever. SUB still going down, like post icos with large presale / early bird bonuses.

Is there an official bitcointalk thread for substratum, I can't find one? read somewhere that it will finally hit an exchange on 30th september - hope to grab some more

I guess you are in it? Aren't the announcement threads the official threads?

Substratum is tradable on etherdelta
https://etherdelta.com/#SUB-ETH

Activity: 246
@SubstratumNet | Token Burn Party #2 is coming October 4th! Don’t miss out on the price bump, get in now!

I dont believe the token burn would result in anything meaningful unless:

1. they release something concrete towards a working product
2. SUB is listed on one of the larger exchanges, I mean coss.io is another startup in itself with hardly any volumes
Activity: 742
Merit: 106
@SubstratumNet | Token Burn Party #2 is coming October 4th! Don’t miss out on the price bump, get in now!
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Is there an official bitcointalk thread for substratum, I can't find one? read somewhere that it will finally hit an exchange on 30th september - hope to grab some more

I guess you are in it? Aren't the announcement threads the official threads?

Substratum is tradable on etherdelta
https://etherdelta.com/#SUB-ETH

One important thing to note is that they've already burned 60mil tokens, and will burn more next week. An official communication with the bitcointalk community would be nice
Activity: 198
They answer some questions on the reddit. Also, you can join slack and become a beta tester.

As far as load balancing and redundancy, I think mutable data split up over thousands of nodes would accomplish the two. Would it not? Not sure if this is what they are planning but it seems like the most logically way? Reliability is not an issue in such a case.
Activity: 427
QUESTIONS:

- Where is the data stored?

- How is the data kept constantly between the nodes (hosts) to allow read-write access?

- How is the data saved on any node protected from the node's owner sneaking or tampering with it?

- Are all hosting nodes a complete copy of each other?

- Is this solution tested at all?

Is redundant hosting and load balancing possible? If this can be achieved, then this would be huge.
The problem with hosting on somebody else's computer is that up-time and reliability is not guaranteed.

On the site, I also taught of the big point you raise about overcoming Chinese control.  The Chinese Firewall already block or redirect all DNS queries so that (your) site's solution COULD NOT run from a regular browser.  That actually raises complex political and legal issues which the site would face.

Activity: 378
Merit: 101
There was a token burn yesterday so hopefully price should start rising once it gets listed on a proper exchange. I'm in for long term anyway so won't affect me.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
When will we get the 100 giveaway tokens?
Activity: 347
CMC Community
All the time, but not here for good reasons.
Activity: 546
Maybe a fed.
Dev last active last month? :/
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
I don't know if we need another project focused on decentralised web when we already have Shift . What are the advantages over Shift ?

One clear and easy answer is that you dont need to browse the web from inside special software and you dont have to change the URL of the website (as in coinmarketcap.maidsaife.com). Easy difference but for a mass adoption standview it makes all the difference in the world.
Activity: 243
Merit: 101
I don't know if we need another project focused on decentralised web when we already have Shift . What are the advantages over Shift ?

I would love a clear, objective answer to this question.
Activity: 143
Activity: 195
I like your ideas! Many new coin projects are popping up rencently but many fail to develop well in the market, hopefully this project can be successful and can compete in the market.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Never seen an ICO raise this much, with this little BTT buzz. Anyway they just burned 60 million tokens. I have no idea whether this is considered priced in or not already, but price dipped into burn instead of rising.
Pages:
Jump to: