Pages:
Author

Topic: Suprnova.cc scam?! - page 2. (Read 20498 times)

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
February 02, 2018, 11:24:53 PM
I've tried my rig on the ZEN pool and it works fine, I've also tweaked stratum a bit to give more accurate values, try again now.

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
February 01, 2018, 08:31:20 PM
I am noticing a hashrate discrepancy when mining ZEN that does not seem happen when I mine BTG. My hashrate, more or less, on the poolside of btg.suprnova.cc matches EWBF - I realize there will be some shares luckier than others, so there will be some fluctuance. The problem I have is that zen.suprnova.cc is consistently displaying a 25% lower hashrate than what EWBF shows. It is the same algo, same mining software, and the same settings. What is going on here? Why does BTG seem to be okay, while ZEN doesn't pass the sniff test.

I have been lobbying for suprnova.cc recently after getting scammed by pools like pool.gold who steals like 75%, minertopia isn't nearly as bad as them, zpool who doesn't pay, and even MPH which seemed like an honest pool until I started noticing rewards degrading to a consistent 10% reduction in rewards vs expected rewards over a period of several weeks. That is why I switched to mining BTG on suprnova.cc, and my rewards are right on, just not with ZEN.

I'm not, nor is anyone else here looking for excuses about DDoS or explanations about variance and luck. Just fix the issues. And I will keep my miners pointed there for a bit longer to see if anything changes. If it doesn't, I will just simply go somewhere else and stop lobbying for you.

Thanks,

Dave
Activity: 29
January 18, 2018, 07:51:17 PM
Well, after doing a few more test runs over the last few days I have even more data.

Running Zen, Zcash, BTG.... Round %'s ;

110,   1002.33,   167.22,   437.71,   185.96,   962.15,   200.74,   192.37,   1471.63,   167.22,  108.46,   904.98,   119.99,   133.22,   124.51,   138.76,   151.55,   148.85,   960.50

Honestly, I don't know what to make of it. This really shouldn't be. Once you start going over 200+% consistently there is a problem somewhere.

***EDIT: Also, across those cryptos, over several machines, I am getting 1 rejected share for every 235 good.***

SuprNova Mod/owners...is there anything you can do? Or look into it further?
January 15, 2018, 01:41:58 PM
And please let me be very clear......

I absolutely appreciate all the hard work and dedication that the pool mods/owners put in. That should go without saying.   Smiley

I am just hoping that all stay on top of such issues, so as not to leave room for people to start crying "foul".
January 15, 2018, 01:00:31 PM
"newbies" need to stop doing these unscientific tests.

I'm no "newb"....and I run multiple tests. And almost every single time I mine on any of the SuprNova Pools I run into the round progress going over 100%.....and too many times into the 200-400% range. That should not be. Sure there can be some bad luck. That's a given. But the motto shouldn't be "If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all"....

The round I was doing a while ago ended at almost 380%. Ummmm......I have NEVER had that happen before. Ever.

Now, would I call it a scam? Not necessarily. But DEFINITELY something needs to be adjusted. All pools should be monitored and adjusted constantly. Period.
Activity: 182
January 15, 2018, 08:35:30 AM
"newbies" need to stop doing these unscientific tests.
Activity: 5
January 15, 2018, 07:36:48 AM
Suprnova seems to be messed up like many people in this thread have said:

I'm using Suprnova and CCMiner x64 2.2.3 (ccMiner tpruvot fork v2.2.3 With Polytimos and KeccakC support) with 4 gtx 1070s to mine Monacoin (Lyra2Rev2 algo).

CCMiner reports around 34-35 MH/s per card = 139-140 MH/s total yet Suprnova reports around 80 - 100 MH/s on the graph on the left, and in a box on the right reports around 80 MH/s.

Also, according to whattomine, I should be making 1.1-1.2 Monacoin per day.  Well, I've been mining for about 12 days and only have 8.5 Monacoin (8 paid, 0.5 not paid yet).

Something is obviously not right.  Scamming us?  Tech issue?  Both?...

use a different pool and compare payouts

I can not log into my account and withdraw funds. I reset the password does not come with a new letter. In support, he wrote, they are silent.

Hello
I'm having trouble at LbryCoin's pool.
I reset the PIN but the same does not arrive in my email.
Calm down, I'll explain before I can see the SPAM box,
I have already checked and received no email from SuprNova, but if I entered another algorithm and requested the PIN or the PIN I receive, but the PIN of the other Algorithm does not fit the Libry
could you verify ?
problem email

[email protected]

Grateful !!
legendary
December 21, 2017, 11:46:17 AM

I'm using Suprnova and CCMiner x64 2.2.3 (ccMiner tpruvot fork v2.2.3 With Polytimos and KeccakC support) with 4 gtx 1070s to mine Monacoin (Lyra2Rev2 algo).

CCMiner reports around 34-35 MH/s per card = 139-140 MH/s total yet Suprnova reports around 80 - 100 MH/s on the graph on the left, and in a box on the right reports around 80 MH/s.

Also, according to whattomine, I should be making 1.1-1.2 Monacoin per day.  Well, I've been mining for about 12 days and only have 8.5 Monacoin (8 paid, 0.5 not paid yet).

use a different pool and compare payouts

I can not log into my account and withdraw funds. I reset the password does not come with a new letter. In support, he wrote, they are silent.

check your spam folder
Activity: 78
Merit: 20
December 21, 2017, 11:39:17 AM
Activity: 28
December 20, 2017, 01:27:51 AM

Activity: 53
December 19, 2017, 03:01:08 AM

Hello everyone.
I did many many tests with suprnova pool on different coins and in many many rounds.
In very many occasions I found that there was something wrong with the coins credited to me.
In many occasions I saw round completion to go much above 300 percent and my expected credit to drop insanely. On several occasions I have seen my expected coins to drop completely to zero, nullifying all my contribution. On one occasion I purchased massive hashing power from Nicehash (equivalent to 120 USD) and got credited no coins at all. From Nicehash no problem at all was detected when submitting my shares in all occasions. Just the same as when I bought hashing power and all went fine with suprnova. Always used the same settings.
One time when I had bought some amount of hashing power I saw again the same pattern of my expected revenue drop to zero I sent a mail to suprnova support. I never received any reply, but all of a sudden I saw all my submitted shares of that round disappear from suprnova counter.

I trusted this pool as it was the top most suggested by Nicehash. I have written to suprnova support many times asking for explanations, assuming these were errors of some kind.i never received any kind of reply from them.

Here are some conclusions I arrived to:
1. If I'm not mistaken with pplns it should be impossible to get 0 revenue out submitting many many shares. Maybe it could drop to 0.000001, but there's no way I could get from something like 0.5 expected zec to absolute 0 unless I got some kind of massive error.
2. There's no way one round can last days and go over 500 percent complete. I've suffered from these many many times.
3. I've compared my results with other pools and never registered any similar behavior, not even slightly close.
4. The fact that I'm not receiving any reply from the admin to my many questions and help requests is too strange. Some of the bugs I have experienced are massive. I was a very good contributor to suprnova, often generating over 10 percent of the entire pool hash. Having that amount of hashing power disappear into thin air seems too strange to me to be an error.

If anyone wants I have all the necessary information and proofs from Nicehash proving my statements here. I keep hoping to receive a reply from the admin of suprnova proving that this whole thing was a huge misunderstanding or an error. Since over 2 weeks have passed since I started asking for explanations and I received no reply, I am forced to believe I have been stolen from suprnova.cc

this first time i request payout from suprnova.. let see..
Activity: 30
December 18, 2017, 03:09:39 PM
on zcoin suprnova, had payouts but a lot of rejected. No answer from them or support.

It looks dodgy while you mine but seems sort of ok for the rest

Just my 2 cents
Activity: 1
December 04, 2017, 04:42:26 AM
I am of the opinion that there isn't something right with supernova.cc as I have been mining a coin that doesn't even have a wallet.  Yes... I thought the fact that I couldn't access the stakcoin.org website to create a wallet was that I am in New Zealand.  Tried the same thing in USA and again no joy with the site.  So I decided to examine further stakcoin.org  - the domain is an available domain.  So be careful, as with francescocmazza I am suffering from the lack of response from the help desk.

Hello everyone.
I did many many tests with suprnova pool on different coins and in many many rounds.
In very many occasions I found that there was something wrong with the coins credited to me.
In many occasions I saw round completion to go much above 300 percent and my expected credit to drop insanely. On several occasions I have seen my expected coins to drop completely to zero, nullifying all my contribution. On one occasion I purchased massive hashing power from Nicehash (equivalent to 120 USD) and got credited no coins at all. From Nicehash no problem at all was detected when submitting my shares in all occasions. Just the same as when I bought hashing power and all went fine with suprnova. Always used the same settings.
One time when I had bought some amount of hashing power I saw again the same pattern of my expected revenue drop to zero I sent a mail to suprnova support. I never received any reply, but all of a sudden I saw all my submitted shares of that round disappear from suprnova counter.

I trusted this pool as it was the top most suggested by Nicehash. I have written to suprnova support many times asking for explanations, assuming these were errors of some kind.i never received any kind of reply from them.

Here are some conclusions I arrived to:
1. If I'm not mistaken with pplns it should be impossible to get 0 revenue out submitting many many shares. Maybe it could drop to 0.000001, but there's no way I could get from something like 0.5 expected zec to absolute 0 unless I got some kind of massive error.
2. There's no way one round can last days and go over 500 percent complete. I've suffered from these many many times.
3. I've compared my results with other pools and never registered any similar behavior, not even slightly close.
4. The fact that I'm not receiving any reply from the admin to my many questions and help requests is too strange. Some of the bugs I have experienced are massive. I was a very good contributor to suprnova, often generating over 10 percent of the entire pool hash. Having that amount of hashing power disappear into thin air seems too strange to me to be an error.

If anyone wants I have all the necessary information and proofs from Nicehash proving my statements here. I keep hoping to receive a reply from the admin of suprnova proving that this whole thing was a huge misunderstanding or an error. Since over 2 weeks have passed since I started asking for explanations and I received no reply, I am forced to believe I have been stolen from suprnova.cc

Activity: 126
December 02, 2017, 03:02:42 AM
iam working with suprnova.cc over 6 days, and iam happy with them, yesterday i made my 1st btg payment and its arrived,

Last Hour   0.00015403   
Last Day   0.00659781   
Last Week   0.04185845   
Last Month   0.04185845   
All Time   0.04185845   

2 X GTX 970
Activity: 266
Merit: 271
September 17, 2017, 11:33:16 AM
suprnova gets a lot of commission!
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
September 15, 2017, 02:54:00 PM
I actually happened to be doing a test around this time if anyones interested
https://youtu.be/neviSk7zNs4
Activity: 60
September 15, 2017, 11:43:35 AM
I came across this post as I was trying to figure out why none of my nicehash shares reflect on zec.suprnova.cc

I'm not going to labor the point but I experienced the exact same thing as described in this post.  I bought around 4.5MH from Nicehash for an hour, and the order successfully kicked off and showed shares being submitted.  I could see my hashrate reflecting on the suprnova dashboard, I could see my estimated earnings reflect (initially as 1.3 ZEC), then the estimated earnings started dropping and eventually went to zero.  The pool isn't showing any sign that I ever allocated any mining power, no transactions, no earnings ... yet real time I could see that my shares were being picked up.  I did contact suprnova this morning via the "Contact" option on their website, but no reply as yet.

So in my case, that little experiment cost me 0.075 Bitcoin.

To the pool owner, the following comments:

- The ZEC suprnova home page and landing pages all show the following: "For Nicehash use zec-eu.suprnova.cc:2143", so that is exactly what I used when I configured my order in Nicehash (along with my username and password obviously).  That comment (to me) indicated that the pool caters for Nicehash orders specifically, as in it is a good idea to use this pool for Nicehash orders.

- If there are known issues with running Nicehash orders against this pool, or if that comment only applies to the Nicehash miner and not purchased hashpower, then at least clarify or remove that comment from your landing page.  ...or state on your homepage that Nicehash orders against the pool are not supported, or might experience issues, or something to that effect.

- I understand Nicehash is involved, and the pool is involved, and I am involved, so it is difficult to figure out technically what happened.  However, I can see that Nicehash is still correctly reflecting the times and hashpower, I know that suprnova was reflecting the hashpower correctly and was showing the same hashrate as Nicehash when the order kicked off (I checked before I left the order to run and complete), the only issue is that suprnova has since "forgotten" that I ever existed.  It's difficult to believe the issue is somewhere other than the pool.

- Never mind log files, just compare the rewards paid to the pool to the earnings you allocated for the last 24 hours.  There should be a nice big "hole" of at least 1.3 ZEC there (or more?)

Did the pool find a block while or shortly after you were mining? If it didn't find a block, then you wouldn't get paid with PPLNS.
Activity: 2
Merit: 2
September 15, 2017, 07:45:51 AM
I came across this post as I was trying to figure out why none of my nicehash shares reflect on zec.suprnova.cc

I'm not going to labor the point but I experienced the exact same thing as described in this post.  I bought around 4.5MH from Nicehash for an hour, and the order successfully kicked off and showed shares being submitted.  I could see my hashrate reflecting on the suprnova dashboard, I could see my estimated earnings reflect (initially as 1.3 ZEC), then the estimated earnings started dropping and eventually went to zero.  The pool isn't showing any sign that I ever allocated any mining power, no transactions, no earnings ... yet real time I could see that my shares were being picked up.  I did contact suprnova this morning via the "Contact" option on their website, but no reply as yet.

So in my case, that little experiment cost me 0.075 Bitcoin.

To the pool owner, the following comments:

- The ZEC suprnova home page and landing pages all show the following: "For Nicehash use zec-eu.suprnova.cc:2143", so that is exactly what I used when I configured my order in Nicehash (along with my username and password obviously).  That comment (to me) indicated that the pool caters for Nicehash orders specifically, as in it is a good idea to use this pool for Nicehash orders.

- If there are known issues with running Nicehash orders against this pool, or if that comment only applies to the Nicehash miner and not purchased hashpower, then at least clarify or remove that comment from your landing page.  ...or state on your homepage that Nicehash orders against the pool are not supported, or might experience issues, or something to that effect.

- I understand Nicehash is involved, and the pool is involved, and I am involved, so it is difficult to figure out technically what happened.  However, I can see that Nicehash is still correctly reflecting the times and hashpower, I know that suprnova was reflecting the hashpower correctly and was showing the same hashrate as Nicehash when the order kicked off (I checked before I left the order to run and complete), the only issue is that suprnova has since "forgotten" that I ever existed.  It's difficult to believe the issue is somewhere other than the pool.

- Never mind log files, just compare the rewards paid to the pool to the earnings you allocated for the last 24 hours.  There should be a nice big "hole" of at least 1.3 ZEC there (or more?)
Activity: 14
August 31, 2017, 01:44:19 PM

However to not ruin you and finally get this thread to an end, I'll donate the missing 0.6 ZEC from my own pocket to your account - you can withdraw it.

THANKS, I appreciate that. I'd wish you would not feel it's been a donation, but let's just leave it like that. You show you have integrity and that's all it counts.

I am well aware of the whole cryptocurrency market being a very risky proposition. And I know that a mining rental contract is not a one-click solution. Can it be profitable ? YES, I proved it to myself .  Can it be profitable using a PPNLS pool ? NO , unless you are able to mine 24/7. Can you mine 24/7 using a mining rental contract and have a profit ? NO, if you do not carefully follow the market or put up in place some BOTS. I have been able to generate a profit using a RBPPS pool : it takes a constant monitoring of your rental contract and adjustment to your bids. Am I getting rich ? NO , but I am having lots of fun doing it for few hours every day !

Case closed,
Pakal
legendary
August 31, 2017, 09:04:14 AM
Ocminer, can you solve this issue? Or better say, are you willing to solve it?

Honestly I've looked through all the logs, tried to debug what I can and it still looks from my side like the hash was either invalid or simply not recorded - so from my point of view it's a user/nicehash issue. I've explained it several times already - to no avail.

However to not ruin you and finally get this thread to an end, I'll donate the missing 0.6 ZEC from my own pocket to your account - you can withdraw it.

Just a few tips for the future from me:
The whole bitcoin/altcoin/mining thingy is a risky thing, it's no "contract" with a bank or some institute where you can control everything from the start to the end. You don't have a real contract with some provider where you really rent a certain amount of hashing power/shares and point it to pool XXX and you then get the exact amount of calculate reward back - why isn't everyone renting on nicehash then if it would be so easy ? You're renting hashing power from some nerdy guys who wrote a stratum proxy for mining rigs and then you're pointing that proxy to another nerdy guy who wrote pool software for it.. Or... You're renting hashing power from some internet strangers where some folks have pointed their rigs to a cloud service which then in turn redirects those rigs to some pool on the other end of the internet.. You can't expect for every rent to be 100% - even if it's displayed like this.. If you get displayed 2,5 M shares have been sent from XXXhash or , but the (any) pool reports 0 then you GET 0 shares and you get 0 funds and you can't or shouldn't complain about that because the pool is only a pool. If you start a rig somehwere and the pool doesn't instantly show your hashrate - stop it immediately and check your settings - you won't get paid until the pool shows your hash.

It's like jumping in the car and driving "north" for a few hours without looking at the map and then after 12-13 hours you arrive somewhere northern - jump out of the car and start yelling at the people around "Why didn't I reach my destination ? YOU are guilty, YOU should have pointed me in the right direction !!" It's ridicolous.. The northern people can't keep you on track from the start - they can't hold your hand with every move you make, you are or you should be old enough to drive a car somewhere and you should make sure that you keep checking the map BEFORE you start - WHILE you're driving and BEFORE you arrive.

Good luck !
Pages:
Jump to: