Pages:
Author

Topic: Suprnova.cc scam?! - page 3. (Read 20498 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
August 30, 2017, 08:59:28 PM
Ocminer, can you solve this issue? Or better say, are you willing to solve it?
August 29, 2017, 01:59:45 PM

Old round stats, once paid, are purged automatically from the system to save calculation time for newer rounds. Most likely those shares were counted as invalid, as the rejection rate in the screenshot is already unusual high and are therefore not in the calculation. I see multiple payments to your address on that day - I can't check anymore if the credits where for that round, but the whole balance from that day would be something around 1 ZEC.

I'd still recommend not to use nicehash on PPLNS pools anymore or try nicehash on different/other pools.

Ocminer, I have NOT received any payment for that round. If you look at the timestamp, all payments made to my account where before that mining session.
I have already moved my mining to a PPS pool . I agree that PPNLS is definitely not appropriate if you a not able to mine 24/7.
BUT you cannot just dismiss my  case with vague answers , when I am missing an estimated 0.6 ZEC from suprnova.
It's all in black and white. You are the owner of the pool, know the payout algorithm , and have all the tools to check why 240,000,000 shares have been gone !!
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
August 29, 2017, 12:37:22 AM

I've tried to reply to your post in the other thread, however, it's technically impossible that (valid) shares aren't paid at all if your hashrate is displayed on the dashboard as the shares ARE calculated then. It's not so easy to debug nicehash shares, especially not the "fixed orders" as they don't appear like a normal rig on the poolside, they rather appear as a big miner jumping in and out which is totally unproductive on PPLNS pools as we need a "stable" amount of shares over a longer period - not some bursts of shares, that's why I don't recommend it on PPLNS pools as it's really problematic.

A pool is no guarantee for your rewards/rounds to be exactly what is estimated.

I am not here to post false claims. I believe you should put up some time to troubleshoot this problem. Like you said , NO WAY that a valid share is not paid AT ALL. Which is indeed my case.
Please give a look at the screenshot I took from your pool . The round/block  in  question is the 168084.
You can see  that my worker produced 240,254,387 valid shares our of  a total of 4,294,967,295 shares in the block. NOT ONE SINGLE share has been accounted as PPLNS share. Other workers have been accounted all or part of the shares of that round , as per the PPNLS algorithm. NOT ME, I have been accounted ZERO shares. Please look at the links of all the screenshot that I took from your pool and from my nicehash account . You will also find another very odd thing : the screenshot of the round in question that I took that same day, show different numbers from the screenshot taken today. As a matter of fact, if you look at it now, it shows as ZERO VALID shares have been accounted as PPNLS shares on round 168084  Huh

Round resume : http://imgur.com/DhAZ5B8
Round details : http://imgur.com/52vUyiG
Round resume as of today : http://imgur.com/EdqcYv0

My nicehash contract : http://imgur.com/d2dVTkE
My nicehast second contract : http://imgur.com/5Ys3nyx

Please look into it and explain. FYI I was using a Nicehash Rental Contract, ( NOT a fixed one ) that I constantly monitored so that I could keep a steady hash rate. This went for about 3 hours , with 2 separate contracts, which in any case were using the same worker.

When I say I am missing 0.04 BTC, I am just saying the amount of ZEC converted in BTC . I know you pay in ZEC, and 0.04  BTC is a rough estimate.
I hope we could see the end of this problem and I apologize to OP for sort of hijacking his thread.

Old round stats, once paid, are purged automatically from the system to save calculation time for newer rounds. Most likely those shares were counted as invalid, as the rejection rate in the screenshot is already unusual high and are therefore not in the calculation. I see multiple payments to your address on that day - I can't check anymore if the credits where for that round, but the whole balance from that day would be something around 1 ZEC.

I'd still recommend not to use nicehash on PPLNS pools anymore or try nicehash on different/other pools.
August 28, 2017, 07:18:22 PM

I've tried to reply to your post in the other thread, however, it's technically impossible that (valid) shares aren't paid at all if your hashrate is displayed on the dashboard as the shares ARE calculated then. It's not so easy to debug nicehash shares, especially not the "fixed orders" as they don't appear like a normal rig on the poolside, they rather appear as a big miner jumping in and out which is totally unproductive on PPLNS pools as we need a "stable" amount of shares over a longer period - not some bursts of shares, that's why I don't recommend it on PPLNS pools as it's really problematic.

I am not here to post false claims. I believe you should put up some time to troubleshoot this problem. Like you said , NO WAY that a valid share is not paid AT ALL. Which is indeed my case.
Please give a look at the screenshot I took from your pool . The round/block  in  question is the 168084.
You can see  that my worker produced 240,254,387 valid shares our of  a total of 4,294,967,295 shares in the block. NOT ONE SINGLE share has been accounted as PPLNS share. Other workers have been accounted all or part of the shares of that round , as per the PPNLS algorithm. NOT ME, I have been accounted ZERO shares. Please look at the links of all the screenshot that I took from your pool and from my nicehash account . You will also find another very odd thing : the screenshot of the round in question that I took that same day, show different numbers from the screenshot taken today. As a matter of fact, if you look at it now, it shows as ZERO VALID shares have been accounted as PPNLS shares on round 168084  Huh

Round resume : http://imgur.com/DhAZ5B8
Round details : http://imgur.com/52vUyiG
Round resume as of today : http://imgur.com/EdqcYv0

My nicehash contract : http://imgur.com/d2dVTkE
My nicehast second contract : http://imgur.com/5Ys3nyx

Please look into it and explain. FYI I was using a Nicehash Rental Contract, ( NOT a fixed one ) that I constantly monitored so that I could keep a steady hash rate. This went for about 3 hours , with 2 separate contracts, which in any case were using the same worker.

When I say I am missing 0.04 BTC, I am just saying the amount of ZEC converted in BTC . I know you pay in ZEC, and 0.04  BTC is a rough estimate.
I hope we could see the end of this problem and I apologize to OP for sort of hijacking his thread.

legendary
August 28, 2017, 04:40:54 PM
I think the issue is that Suprnova uses a very short "N" value for PPLNS calculations on ZEC. This makes the results extremely variable. If the N value were increased, payouts would be much less variable, but it would take longer to get your coins.

Anyway, it's very possible for your shares to be worth nothing with PPLNS. It's also common for them to be worth 2 or 3x as much (or more). It all depends on luck.

Yes, luck is a big factor here, however, the "N" value is not fixed, it's variable and should hover around the last 5-6 rounds.

I think the issue is that Suprnova uses a very short "N" value for PPLNS calculations on ZEC. This makes the results extremely variable. If the N value were increased, payouts would be much less variable, but it would take longer to get your coins.

Anyway, it's very possible for your shares to be worth nothing with PPLNS. It's also common for them to be worth 2 or 3x as much (or more). It all depends on luck.

I agree 100 percent.

Ocminer, you still have not replied to my 4 support requests of 2 weeks ago so please don't go around claiming that your available everywhere and if we're not able to reach you it's our problem.

Ocminer, pardon my arrogance but if I understand the mechanic correctly all you have to do to solve our issue is increase the N value to a few times the share number of an unlucky round.

Can't you do that?

I'll do some tests and see if it's feasible/necessary to raise that value.

Still no reply to any of my support request. Call it whatever you want, I call it a scam, and I will stick to it until I will be given a mathematical explanation of why of 240,000,000 shares NONE of them was accounted as PPNLS.

I'd also recommend you to compare results with different pools, you'll see at the end it's the same.. some rounds are lucky and pay more, some are unlucky and pay less.

August 27, 2017, 11:38:56 PM
Still no reply to any of my support request. Call it whatever you want, I call it a scam, and I will stick to it until I will be given a mathematical explanation of why of 240,000,000 shares NONE of them was accounted as PPNLS.
Activity: 11
Merit: 4
August 25, 2017, 04:31:38 AM

I agree 100 percent.

Ocminer, you still have not replied to my 4 support requests of 2 weeks ago so please don't go around claiming that your available everywhere and if we're not able to reach you it's our problem.

Ocminer, pardon my arrogance but if I understand the mechanic correctly all you have to do to solve our issue is increase the N value to a few times the share number of an unlucky round.

Can't you do that?
Activity: 60
August 24, 2017, 08:54:33 PM

August 24, 2017, 06:56:36 PM
Rule #1: Don't use Nicehash on a PPLNS Pool

How come you even put instructions on your website with  a video on a how to use your pool with Nicehash rental contract ?!?!
Proof : http://imgur.com/mUc4Rvq

However, there are always rounds with bad luck and rounds with good luck. If you're rented hash during a round of bad luck you'll for sure not get the return you'd expect as the round takes longer than expected (bad luck), rounds with good luck however will return more than expected - no one is complaining then Smiley

It's not a matter of less than expected results , I was paid ZERO, after 3 hours of mining and after having contributed more than 240,000,000 shares , NONE of them was accounted as PPNLS  , I highly doubt it's possible, NO matter what the N value is in your pool.

Oh and considering support - I'm available through PM here, through IRC, through twitter and through contact forms/e-mails... If you can't reach me, the problem is 100% on your side.

I've contacted you over twitter, on your pool's thread on bitcointalk.org ( as a matter of fact, my post is the last one of the thread ) , used your webmail form, sent an email , sent a PM on bitcointalk , and you tell me that it's my problem !?!!?!?!?
Proof : http://imgur.com/KHD9Hri

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
August 24, 2017, 09:15:07 AM

ZEC is a relatively small/mid-sized pool considering hash and it was DDoS'ed throughout the whole last week - and now this thread, must be a co-incidence Smiley

However, there are always rounds with bad luck and rounds with good luck. If you're rented hash during a round of bad luck you'll for sure not get the return you'd expect as the round takes longer than expected (bad luck), rounds with good luck however will return more than expected - no one is complaining then Smiley

Since most pools are PPLNS now, renting rigs for a short period of time will always result in negative rewards because the pool calculates rewards from the shares submitted over the last X rounds - not just the last hour or so..

So in short: Nicehash doesn't work on the ZEC (or other PPLNS pools) pool over short periods.

Oh and considering support - I'm available through PM here, through IRC, through twitter and through contact forms/e-mails... If you can't reach me, the problem is 100% on your side.

Yeah. Your pool went dead for 9 hours on Sunday I stopped testing .

Quick thoughts anyone that talks about short testing simply does not understand the game they are playing.

And even with your pool being attacked for about 9 hours.  I hit enough blocks prior to the attack and after the attack to make out okay.

legendary
August 24, 2017, 09:01:58 AM

ZEC is a relatively small/mid-sized pool considering hash and it was DDoS'ed throughout the whole last week - and now this thread, must be a co-incidence Smiley

Since most pools are PPLNS now, renting rigs for a short period of time will always result in negative rewards because the pool calculates rewards from the shares submitted over the last X rounds - not just the last hour or so..

So in short: Nicehash doesn't work on the ZEC (or other PPLNS pools) pool over short periods.

Activity: 27
Merit: 9
August 24, 2017, 06:50:59 AM
I was testing it all for 10 days myself and finally can confirm what is said by the creator of this topic. And I also received no reply at all from Suprnova in a week.

You don`t need to trust us, just test it yourself using 2 rigs or separate your gpus with apps on suprnova and any other pool and test it for 3-5 days.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 21, 2017, 10:54:01 AM
The payments are fine with suprnova, it's just the amount credited while mining that doesn't add up.

Thank god someone else notices, I was thinking it was just me..
August 21, 2017, 08:03:50 AM
The payments are fine with suprnova, it's just the amount credited while mining that doesn't add up.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Miningpeon.net
August 21, 2017, 02:10:37 AM
I am mining sigt at suprnova at the moment and no issues with payments ;o
Activity: 60
August 21, 2017, 01:31:15 AM
I am in your same situation. I've mined the pool through a nicehash rental contract. Mined for 3 hours straight , which was almost half the time of the round ( 7:40 hours) . OK, I know that it was a long round and that the PPNLS payout system was going to affect the payout , but to receive ZERO , when I contributed that much to the round seems pretty impossible.

I  am a beginner BUT I do not like to point fingers. Before writing here I tried to contact Suprnova, 1) via their support webmail form, 2) directly sending an email to the email on their website, 3) sent a message on Twitter, 4) sent a PM via this forum to Ocminer. I waited 4 days and I've received NO RESPONSE , ZERO, NADA.

I may be wrong and what happened might be totally in line with the mining activity. If you look at the stats of the round you can see my worker (pakal) as being the 4th highest contributor in terms of shares.  How is it possible that I mined 240,254,387  shared and NOT A SINGLE ONE was accounted as a PPNLS  share !?!?!!?

BUT I have received no response at all, and for this reason I feel I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED.

Ocminer may be a respected member of this forum, and Suprnova a legit pool, but until I will receive an explanation of why I have been denied roughly 200$ worth of payout I'd consider Suprnova a SCAM BUSINESS. BEWARE before you engage in any mining activity with Suprnova.

These are the proof of my mining activity taken from the Suprnova Dashboard

http://imgur.com/DhAZ5B8
http://imgur.com/52vUyiG

You likely mined during an unlucky period. Suprnova didn't find a block while your shares were among the shares being considered for the block reward. The pool's average block time is almost two hours, so it's not unusual to have a round over three hours. I don't think there's any foul play here.
August 21, 2017, 12:08:46 AM
I am in your same situation. I've mined the pool through a nicehash rental contract. Mined for 3 hours straight , which was almost half the time of the round ( 7:40 hours) . OK, I know that it was a long round and that the PPNLS payout system was going to affect the payout , but to receive ZERO , when I contributed that much to the round seems pretty impossible.

I  am a beginner BUT I do not like to point fingers. Before writing here I tried to contact Suprnova, 1) via their support webmail form, 2) directly sending an email to the email on their website, 3) sent a message on Twitter, 4) sent a PM via this forum to Ocminer. I waited 4 days and I've received NO RESPONSE , ZERO, NADA.

I may be wrong and what happened might be totally in line with the mining activity. If you look at the stats of the round you can see my worker (pakal) as being the 4th highest contributor in terms of shares.  How is it possible that I mined 240,254,387  shared and NOT A SINGLE ONE was accounted as a PPNLS  share !?!?!!?

BUT I have received no response at all, and for this reason I feel I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED.

Ocminer may be a respected member of this forum, and Suprnova a legit pool, but until I will receive an explanation of why I have been denied roughly 200$ worth of payout I'd consider Suprnova a SCAM BUSINESS. BEWARE before you engage in any mining activity with Suprnova.

These are the proof of my mining activity taken from the Suprnova Dashboard

http://imgur.com/DhAZ5B8
http://imgur.com/52vUyiG
August 19, 2017, 04:04:28 AM
Philip, I strongly suggest you try other pools like mining pool hub or coinotron, these last two seem to be much more reliable IMHO.
Thank you all for your kind replies. I think there are two possibilities to explain suprnova behavior:
1. PPLNS number of shares is lower than a few unlucky rounds, therefore the last contributors to a round get overpaid and the first ones get stolen.
2. The admin is deliberately playing around.

Activity: 119
Merit: 3
August 18, 2017, 05:52:09 PM
at least 12 hours

12 hour is nothing if Round Variance it hit 400-500 or even 300 depend by what h rate he was have or how many valid share it was send (we don't know value, detail anything), this payment system it have a problem coz it require to mine full round + to keep your quota till end other way 4,5,8,12 hour it can be flush to toilet (i experience that on my own skin on other pool) ... BUT is noo scam is just how thing work, if is fair?!?! that happen is other discussion ...

he say "2. There's no way one round can last days and go over 500 percent complete. I've suffered from these many many times." it can happen to goo to 500 & i already give a example in previous post Wink is real not invented "2017-08-17 14:14:23   484.61%" & how i say it can happen is how system work ... what i will say the problem it came when thing like that it goo in row fallow one by other, at that point admin is suppose to look in matter to investigate & agen is NOT a scam

about "4. The fact that I'm not receiving any reply from the admin to my many questions and help requests" yes that is not nice

anyway his matter it suppose to be clear with more detail, all we can do is to make supposition working with out real fact

cheers
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
August 18, 2017, 05:17:16 PM
 1 week tests not 1/2  day tests.

I am mining zec at suprnova.cc

I am using 8 1080 ti's to test.

I will give results soon.  Ie six days from now

As I am 1 day in
Pages: