Pages:
Author

Topic: Suprnova.cc scam?! - page 4. (Read 20498 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0
August 18, 2017, 03:57:48 PM
Suprnova and OCMiner are very reputable.

What happened is that you simply got unlucky. Suprnova's ZEC pool has a high block time, which means you need to mine there for a long time (at least 12 hours) if you don't want luck to excessively influence your reward.
Activity: 119
Merit: 3
August 18, 2017, 12:28:14 PM
when you say "I saw round completion to go much above 300 percent" that is call 'Round Variance'

What's the 'Round Variance'?
'Round Variance' is a calculation made taking into account the block difficulty and the effort already made by the miners to find a block, each time a block is found the round is restarted. A 100% variance means that the expected effort to find a block was already reached, but it's not deterministic, in other words, it's not guaranteed that at 100% a block will be found. The process of finding blocks is very similar to a lottery, where each miner makes several bets in order to try to crack the hash code, thus sometimes when we are lucky blocks are found early with just a few tries (before 100%) or unlucky (after 100%).

soo "The process of finding blocks is very similar to a lottery" aka high % 'Round Variance' bad luck now it depend how pool it is set or make to work & for this only a admin can say it or give details

when you say "I have seen my expected coins to drop completely to zero" that it happen because your portion (%) of share vs all share found it get verry small let say 10,000 share vs 1,041,915,720 aka you = to 0 what it can be happen let say on a Round Variance ~480% & your income it will be 0

well technical is not a scam but is a perfect scheme to rob miner Wink abuse 'Round Variance' system aka you can mine full 12 hour 120% variance you stop miner various reason (shutdown pc, restart, update so, driver ... move to other pool ... ) & you not start mining agen BUT round it goo further to let say 400% well all your time will be invalidated, nullify to 0 or to very very very few small pay

low % round variance it can happen to Wink aka let say 20% & amount of payment it can be low or high depend by h power what you have but usual all it get some payment vs high round when many can get nothing Wink

from what i understend high variance it can happen, is fine but when that is in row soo many time over & over then is a problem & only admin of pool can say what is wrong but usual none of them will replay Wink or they will say bad luck ... we are sorry for your loss & that it or to low h power ... what you or miner can doo is nothing or find pool what it work best for each of us like h power we have

Example for how bad thing can goo:
Block           Validity   Finder   Time            Variance %
XXXXXXX   Confirmed   X          2017-08-18 11:56:04   345.66
XXXXXXX   Confirmed   X           2017-08-17 21:20:15   168.29
XXXXXXX   Confirmed   X           2017-08-17 14:14:23   484.61
XXXXXXX   Confirmed   X           2017-08-16 19:18:30   322.17
XXXXXXX   Confirmed   X           2017-08-16 06:35:59   97.32
XXXXXXX   Confirmed   X           2017-08-16 02:58:04   225.26
XXXXXXX   Confirmed   X           2017-08-14 13:08:09   206.78
XXXXXXX   Confirmed   X           2017-08-14 00:11:25   179.01
XXXXXXX   Confirmed   X           2017-08-13 07:58:56   437.59
XXXXXXX   Confirmed   X           2017-08-12 09:43:22   445.07

i am new to & in case i make some mistake some older miner can correct me & hope it help you to undestend way what you was describe was happen & help to minimize your future loss

cheers
Activity: 11
Merit: 4
August 17, 2017, 02:52:56 PM

Hello everyone.
I did many many tests with suprnova pool on different coins and in many many rounds.
In very many occasions I found that there was something wrong with the coins credited to me.
In many occasions I saw round completion to go much above 300 percent and my expected credit to drop insanely. On several occasions I have seen my expected coins to drop completely to zero, nullifying all my contribution. On one occasion I purchased massive hashing power from Nicehash (equivalent to 120 USD) and got credited no coins at all. From Nicehash no problem at all was detected when submitting my shares in all occasions. Just the same as when I bought hashing power and all went fine with suprnova. Always used the same settings.
One time when I had bought some amount of hashing power I saw again the same pattern of my expected revenue drop to zero I sent a mail to suprnova support. I never received any reply, but all of a sudden I saw all my submitted shares of that round disappear from suprnova counter.

I trusted this pool as it was the top most suggested by Nicehash. I have written to suprnova support many times asking for explanations, assuming these were errors of some kind.i never received any kind of reply from them.

Here are some conclusions I arrived to:
1. If I'm not mistaken with pplns it should be impossible to get 0 revenue out submitting many many shares. Maybe it could drop to 0.000001, but there's no way I could get from something like 0.5 expected zec to absolute 0 unless I got some kind of massive error.
2. There's no way one round can last days and go over 500 percent complete. I've suffered from these many many times.
3. I've compared my results with other pools and never registered any similar behavior, not even slightly close.
4. The fact that I'm not receiving any reply from the admin to my many questions and help requests is too strange. Some of the bugs I have experienced are massive. I was a very good contributor to suprnova, often generating over 10 percent of the entire pool hash. Having that amount of hashing power disappear into thin air seems too strange to me to be an error.

If anyone wants I have all the necessary information and proofs from Nicehash proving my statements here. I keep hoping to receive a reply from the admin of suprnova proving that this whole thing was a huge misunderstanding or an error. Since over 2 weeks have passed since I started asking for explanations and I received no reply, I am forced to believe I have been stolen from suprnova.cc

Pages:
Jump to: