Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1589. (Read 3049505 times)

legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072
quack
September 26, 2013, 01:18:57 PM
Who still believes that a company that gets chips (done in the fab) less than 2 week before the complete working units should be in customers' hands, can deliver the promise?

Even NVIDIA or Intel couldn't do that!
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
cryptoshark
September 26, 2013, 01:17:42 PM
There's only two scenarios that can happen at this point. 1. KNC blows everybodys minds and pulls a big ass rabbit out of its hat. or 2. We all find out that we participated in one of the greatest Bitcoin scam in history (to date). Personally, I for one believe we will still see #1 and Orama will be checking in sometime tomorrow or later tonite once he gets situated in Stockholm and by the end of the weekend we will see all the naysayers crawl back into their caves and smolder until the next big thing is announced. cointerra maybe   Roll Eyes .

In the meantime guys, we are at the point of no return... Just sit back and wait... 72 hours will go pretty quickly. This is going to be an interesting weekend.

Pulling a rabbit from a hat is unexpected , delivering on time as promised...that's  not.
There are other magic tricks concerning making things like money vanish by misdirection. lol

All they needed to do was say "Right. The first rigs will be in customer's hands on the 29th, production started today or starts tomorrow" . Not dramatic, but logical and much nicer for people who are waiting ...and even trying to make sure they will be around to collect the package.

They wil say, sorry we are two weeks late but you will get 125% hashing power.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
September 26, 2013, 01:13:23 PM
There's only two scenarios that can happen at this point. 1. KNC blows everybodys minds and pulls a big ass rabbit out of its hat. or 2. We all find out that we participated in one of the greatest Bitcoin scam in history (to date). Personally, I for one believe we will still see #1 and Orama will be checking in sometime tomorrow or later tonite once he gets situated in Stockholm and by the end of the weekend we will see all the naysayers crawl back into their caves and smolder until the next big thing is announced. cointerra maybe   Roll Eyes .

In the meantime guys, we are at the point of no return... Just sit back and wait... 72 hours will go pretty quickly. This is going to be an interesting weekend.

Pulling a rabbit from a hat is unexpected , delivering on time as promised...that's  not.
There are other magic tricks concerning making things like money vanish by misdirection. lol

All they needed to do was say "Right. The first rigs will be in customer's hands on the 29th, production started today or starts tomorrow" . Not dramatic, but logical and much nicer for people who are waiting ...and even trying to make sure they will be around to collect the package.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
September 26, 2013, 01:13:09 PM
Sounds like KNC is pulling a page from the BFL/Avalon playbook - like I said do not buy pre-order
ASIC miners - all you do is finance their hashing farms Angry
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hell?
September 26, 2013, 01:07:23 PM
Note that it does not say "no refunds", just that shipping info can't be changed at this point.

@-Redacted-, as you can see, it said "no refunds" - you were wrong (again)

I know, that you are one of core members of KNC fanclub, but to be honest you are the last one. Don't know, why you downplay fact from KNC website. It is fucking simple to understand, even for you. They promised DELIVERY in SEPTEMBER and VIDEO OF WORKING UNIT.

it seems, that they will not fulfill their delivery promise and there is no video of working unit. Really don't know, why you acting here like brainless naive -Retard-, but stop it. You made yourself look an idiot, nothing else.

wow, Czech asshole....and im part Czech!
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
September 26, 2013, 01:03:06 PM
Note that it does not say "no refunds", just that shipping info can't be changed at this point.

@-Redacted-, as you can see, it said "no refunds" - you were wrong (again)

I know, that you are one of core members of KNC fanclub, but to be honest you are the last one. Don't know, why you downplay fact from KNC website. It is fucking simple to understand, even for you. They promised DELIVERY in SEPTEMBER and VIDEO OF WORKING UNIT.

it seems, that they will not fulfill their delivery promise and there is no video of working unit. Really don't know, why you acting here like brainless naive -Retard-, but stop it. You made yourself look an idiot, nothing else.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 26, 2013, 01:02:29 PM

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
September 26, 2013, 12:49:42 PM
OK - so, I'll play eve here...

Where are the videos?  Why haven't we seen an hour long video on each of the 237 steps it takes to go from raw silicon wafer to packaged chip?  

Why haven't we seen detailed video of each and every pick-and-place operation to prove that they can accurately place 200 0402 resistors in each spot on the board they belong in?  

Why haven't we seen videos of the case company smelting aluminum?  Of copper being mined?  Of the pcb etchant being manufactured at Dow Corning?  How do we know the pcbs are really going to be blue?  

Here's the fly in the ointment : Where are the videos of the pcb-solder-mask-color-sample-acceptance testing?

I'm more interested in receiving my tracking numbers. Smiley
Activity: 616
September 26, 2013, 12:44:33 PM
Orama being away means he has still has his dignity.
Activity: 854
September 26, 2013, 12:39:23 PM
Wow I see the panic starting.

Good news for all of you who are starting to worry,

Say the word and I will start group buys and buy all of you out.

Plenty of folks are ready to scoop up your orders should you lose the stomach for the process.

Very funny guys

I will coordinate a group buy to buy out your purchase for exactly what you paid for it.

My message was put on the forum to help assist people who have a need to get their money back if they need it or don't have the stomach for the process.

Not to help you make a profit.

Grow up.

I'll sell my unit......for a profit. dick.

You go do that, and it's Mr. Dick to you.
Activity: 210
September 26, 2013, 12:33:16 PM
One bit of good news, they are on record again stating DELIVERY by Oct 15th for all 1st batch orders.

Unless they use Josh's dictionary meaning delivered to UPS.

And now for something completely different.

I wonder why they have silkscreen and mounting holes for TWO 6 pin power connectors on each module?
It could be a trivial PCB routing issue.
The blue cables in the case pictures could be Y cables.

I hope it somehow means twice the Gh/s per module but I am not getting my hopes up.

Could be to provide a margin if the chips draw more power.  The power circuitry they used already offers plenty of headroom.
legendary
quack
September 26, 2013, 12:32:39 PM
I wonder why they have silkscreen and mounting holes for TWO 6 pin power connectors on each module?

I hope it somehow means twice the Gh/s per module but I am not getting my hopes up.

...Or maybe those things are eating more power than they estimated? Giving the same hashrate that people ordered, though. I think splitting the current on two cables is always better than using single cable - in any case.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
September 26, 2013, 12:30:45 PM
sam and o´rama spotted with cam on their way to... china ... !

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
September 26, 2013, 12:30:09 PM
If they don't ship by end of Sept, pulling the plug on refunds will be considered a shitty move and their reputation they've worked hard to build will take a big hit.

I'm sure they are aware of this, so it's interesting to see what happens.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
September 26, 2013, 12:30:04 PM
A unit in China? On the 29th?

lets turn this thread into "where in the world is carmen sandiego bitcoinrama".

sweden, china, uk?

lets make a bitbet.
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
September 26, 2013, 12:28:58 PM
One bit of good news, they are on record again stating DELIVERY before Oct 15th for all 1st batch orders.

Unless they use Josh's dictionary meaning delivered to UPS.

And now for something completely different.

I hope it somehow means twice the Gh/s per module but I am not counting those Gh/s before they materialize.

EDIT s/by/before/  and last sentence did not make sense as originally written.
Activity: 218
September 26, 2013, 12:28:28 PM
A unit in China? On the 29th? Where are these being produced again? Millions of components were arriving in Sweden a few days ago, and I was under the impression that was where they were being assembled?

So, either a rig is going half way round the world by 29th...or all rigs are doing the reverse?
The first option seems most likely so that means a finished rig by tomorrow evening to get there for that demo. They'll lose half a day in transit due to timezones.

Someone could be posting pics late tomorrow..which may explain Bitcoinorama vanishing?

Soon we all start seeing this... A lot of talk, nothing real.
Maybe KNC themselves haven't even seen the chip and earliest shipped orders will be late October or November.

Seriously, which ASIC vendor didn't have any problems that caused delays?

And KNC is the magic Duck that goes and does no mistakes?

I HOPE SO YES!^^
legendary
quack
September 26, 2013, 12:26:44 PM
A unit in China? On the 29th? Where are these being produced again? Millions of components were arriving in Sweden a few days ago, and I was under the impression that was where they were being assembled?

So, either a rig is going half way round the world by 29th...or all rigs are doing the reverse?
The first option seems most likely so that means a finished rig by tomorrow evening to get there for that demo. They'll lose half a day in transit due to timezones.

Someone could be posting pics late tomorrow..which may explain Bitcoinorama vanishing?

Soon we all start seeing this... A lot of talk, nothing real.
Maybe KNC themselves haven't even seen the chip and earliest shipped orders will be late October or November.

Seriously, which ASIC vendor didn't have any problems that caused delays?

And KNC is the magic Duck that goes and does no mistakes?
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
September 26, 2013, 12:23:34 PM

Activity: 728
cryptoshark
September 26, 2013, 12:19:04 PM
So... Where is 'orama? Only one post today? Smells fishy Smiley

he is on the plane.

He will get a decent salary for holding people from getting refunds.
He has a day off finally, lol.

Knc, my offer is one mercury with hosting, for stopping posting there.
Jump to: