Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1587. (Read 3049505 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 26, 2013, 02:40:43 PM
Do you seriously think they would have "shipped" (or imported, really) their n°1 salesman for a no-show?

They purposefully withold information, make it slightly vague (or slightly misrepresent it) etc. to create D.R.A.M.A. = free marketing. (that or they're just lame)

To be a salesperson I would have to have to have told or coerced someone to buy something.

I never have.

I have only ever reasoned arguments with valid research and told people to follow through with their own to confirm for themselves. There is nothing underhand there, and there never has been.

Encouraging people to be responsible, perform due diligence, and stay safe with pre-order sales online is common sense.

And for the record yet again, i'm buying my own ticket, as I said I would come for a pick-up in the first place, although this time I'm going to ask them to cover it if they will, especially if I need to stay overnight in a hotel. Stockholm's not cheap and I never agreed to do that.

If there's something worth videoing i'll do my best to insist they allow that, as nothing puts minds at rest more. Whatever happens warts and all, i'll be honest with my account, but this time round there should be a lot more to actually show in moving images than written word.

Disregard them... the thread is ablaze with FUD... Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Not everybody on here is ungrateful.

PS. Tell Sam to hurry up, the natives are getting restless!
+1...
Forgive me, but the way the last update reads, they aren't going to be shipping out of Stockholm, no? Looks to me like they will be shipping from/near the point of manufacture to make up time...?  Just a thought...
What You guys think? (O'rama & Rizz)

I have no reason to doubt them as of yet. If I had to theorize thought, I would say that they mule-ling the majority of the chips back to Sweden from china to fill orders for US / EURO / ETC, while keeping some behind in China for Testing / debugging while the rest are in the air. ( Makes the most sense rather than wasting the time waiting for them to pass customs and have to do it anyways).

In addition, I would not be surprised if they setup a COLO in china exclusively to handle that market. It does not make fiscal sense to have the chips made there, pay to ship them to Sweden, then pay more to ship the final product back...On top of that, it makes even more fiscal sense to utilize the cheap labor at their fingertips that could literally be right next door to the chip fab. This makes sense as to why they are offering a demo on the 29th - That demo theoretically could be the debugging model used to create the "Golden Image" for our machines.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
September 26, 2013, 02:37:18 PM
Well so far if you want an update.. here you go. Every day there is about 10 pages of crap. everyday.  Shocked Why cant everyone just chill and wait to see what happens?

Hey, I'm just tryin' to help! Y'all were saying that the actual hashrate might equal the number of pages in this thread when they ship...

Smiley

I'm quite chill, actually, with no skin in the game. I'm just enjoying (and participating in) the show. I actually think they will make it. If they miss by a day or two, nobody is hurt except the "yes" voters on the bitbet.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
September 26, 2013, 02:35:49 PM
Do you seriously think they would have "shipped" (or imported, really) their n°1 salesman for a no-show?

They purposefully withold information, make it slightly vague (or slightly misrepresent it) etc. to create D.R.A.M.A. = free marketing. (that or they're just lame)

To be a salesperson I would have to have to have told or coerced someone to buy something.

I never have.

I have only ever reasoned arguments with valid research and told people to follow through with their own to confirm for themselves. There is nothing underhand there, and there never has been.

Encouraging people to be responsible, perform due diligence, and stay safe with pre-order sales online is common sense.

And for the record yet again, i'm buying my own ticket, as I said I would come for a pick-up in the first place, although this time I'm going to ask them to cover it if they will, especially if I need to stay overnight in a hotel. Stockholm's not cheap and I never agreed to do that.

If there's something worth videoing i'll do my best to insist they allow that, as nothing puts minds at rest more. Whatever happens warts and all, i'll be honest with my account, but this time round there should be a lot more to actually show in moving images than written word.

Peace.

Damn, I thought you might be on a plane to Abbaland now. Have they asked you to go by any specific time yet? I ask because apparently China's having a launch party with a working rig on the 29th in Shanghai...and China is half a day ahead of us giving them a day and a half to get it there? Surely they aren't releasing them there 1st?

I appreciate your reports and time spent passing on information to us too, it was extra info that was useful to a lot of us.
Good luck with the tottie. Smiley
I was thinking they could indeed launch there first, since they are manufactured there; or am I crazy?
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
September 26, 2013, 02:30:41 PM

I never have.

Peace.

Damn, I thought you might be on a plane to Abbaland now. Have they asked you to go by any specific time yet? I ask because apparently China's having a launch party with a working rig on the 29th in Shanghai...and China is half a day ahead of us giving them a day and a half to get it there? Surely they aren't releasing them there 1st?

I appreciate your reports and time spent passing on information to us too, it was extra info that was useful to a lot of us.
Good luck with the tottie. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
September 26, 2013, 02:27:08 PM

I never have.

Disregard them... the thread is ablaze with FUD... Thank you for taking the time to do this.

+1...
Forgive me, but the way the last update reads, they aren't going to be shipping out of Stockholm, no? Looks to me like they will be shipping from/near the point of manufacture to make up time...?  Just a thought...
What You guys think? (O'rama & Rizz)
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
cryptoshark
September 26, 2013, 02:26:12 PM
There are no horses to bet at the moment,
Only unicorns

Knc has failed.
legendary
Activity: 1246
September 26, 2013, 02:24:41 PM
Well there'll be ROI, just negative (if we are unlucky). You all mean break-even, right?  Wink

No we mean ROI. Negative ROI is no ROI.

Been beat to death, but you are wrong. No ROI is NO return on investment. Either it don't hash, you don't plug it in, or you refund. Negative ROI means it did generate coins, just not as much as it cost (You know, like government "investments"). Breakeven is the beginning of positive ROI. After that your ROI is pure profit.

If you are going to use financial terminology, you should at least know what it means.

Stop it already, geez these pedantic smartasses just keep on going and going. Anyway you're wrong and lack the comprehension skills needed to get it. The discussion is already over and the horse is dead so bye now. Smiley
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
September 26, 2013, 02:14:18 PM
Well there'll be ROI, just negative (if we are unlucky). You all mean break-even, right?  Wink

No we mean ROI. Negative ROI is no ROI.

Been beat to death, but you are wrong. No ROI is NO return on investment. Either it don't hash, you don't plug it in, or you refund. Negative ROI means it did generate coins, just not as much as it cost (You know, like government "investments"). Breakeven is the beginning of positive ROI. After that your ROI is pure profit.

If you are going to use financial terminology, you should at least know what it means.
September 26, 2013, 02:13:01 PM

I never have.

Activity: 532
September 26, 2013, 02:05:21 PM

I never have.

Peace.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
September 26, 2013, 02:01:08 PM
Welcome to the world class thinkers, "I can get something for nothing" crowd...

It's not me supporting the guys at the TOP of the PYRAMID! - Not anymore!
So, who is working for the "dark side"? Well, those funding the preorders for the ASIC Companies, who will make THEM Millionaires while making all of you SLAVES, hashing at a fraction of the capacity you bought into, while GIVING ENERGY, (FORCE) to those WHO CONTROL YOU!

For me, No thanks!
I retook my power from the evil dark side of ASIC mining companies.  Cool

Really? How'd you get out of paying taxes?
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
September 26, 2013, 01:59:53 PM
Who still believes that a company that gets chips (done in the fab) less than 2 week before the complete working units should be in customers' hands, can deliver the promise?

Even NVIDIA or Intel couldn't do that!

To be fair, what nVidia and intel produce is infinitely more complicated than a bitcoin asic. I too have my reservations about all those promised deadlines, but comparisons to GPUs and CPu's are simply not valid.

Well, true that but KNC has never tested that specific ASIC - they don't know about the real chip, only simulations.

Sometimes you breadboard a circuit and it works right the first time.  Sometimes no.  I believe they'll be happy with their ASIC's performance in situ.
September 26, 2013, 01:59:30 PM
How many machines were people expecting to see shipped on this first run of chips?

The original Orders numbered around 890. so figure even if every order placed was for 10 units (not likely) that would be 8900 units - 1 reel of chips would in theory cover this order. I'm not worried until 15 Oct rolls around... after that, then its worry time.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
September 26, 2013, 01:57:42 PM
The silence of their No.1 salesman does not bode well - this looks like another BFL/Avalon play Sad
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
September 26, 2013, 01:54:42 PM

Of course they did it, they need him the most for a no-show. They brought him to do the damage control, do nice interview that will show everybody how smart they are, take some photos of empty data-center ready to mine any second, eventually do some screenshot of FPGA populated PCB hashing, etc. Bitcoinrama is inventive guy, he'll think of something to make refund-stop look like less bad. Who can rage at such hard working and smart girls & boys?

Are you refering to BFL?

Yes, BFL paid Bitcoinrama a ticket to Stockholm to save the KnC public image  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072
quack
September 26, 2013, 01:53:14 PM

Of course they did it, they need him the most for a no-show. They brought him to do the damage control, do nice interview that will show everybody how smart they are, take some photos of empty data-center ready to mine any second, eventually do some screenshot of FPGA populated PCB hashing, etc. Bitcoinrama is inventive guy, he'll think of something to make refund-stop look like less bad. Who can rage at such hard working and smart girls & boys?

Are you refering to BFL? But the product BFL showed us was a case with fans and nexus tablet..
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
September 26, 2013, 01:51:51 PM

Of course they did it, they need him the most for a no-show. They brought Bitcoinrama to do the damage control, do nice interview that will show everybody how smart they are, take some photos of empty data-center ready to mine any second, eventually do some screenshot of FPGA populated PCBs hashing, etc. Bitcoinrama is an inventive guy, he'll think of something to make refund-stop look like less bad. Who can rage at such hard working and smart girls & boys?
legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072
quack
September 26, 2013, 01:51:31 PM
How many machines were people expecting to see shipped on this first run of chips?

All. Now. They got chips last week so they ship this week. They promised!
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1019
Be A Digital Miner
September 26, 2013, 01:50:53 PM
Activity: 574
September 26, 2013, 01:50:05 PM
Geez, my ignore list is getting ridiculously full in this thread

Alas, it's difficult to ignore the truth. I'm not on order and want this to work for you guys - but I'm getting worried watching this.
Jump to: