Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1714. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
September 05, 2013, 08:57:04 AM
I would keep ALL the coins that i mine, and buy stuff i need.

Thats how you support the community of BTC in 2 way's : you mine and buy with BTC

Profits will decline eventually so be wise on how you spend it.

There will be another crash if you believe the reason why most people intend to mine in the first place
So they can retire from work (hahahaha) al those calculators (except for the gen.block)
Promise amounts of money most people won't ever get close to.

This is how i would do it, wait for the NEXT big crash, wait untill it gets back up on a decent USD/BTC price again
And maybe then sell some, but i have high hopes for the long run (10 y or so) so i would still keep some.

(Btw all the investments i made, i did that with spare money i wouldnt care if i would lose, so im already happy with any income on BTC)
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
September 05, 2013, 08:46:35 AM
BFL is already advertising Monarch on their forums...
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
September 05, 2013, 08:44:54 AM
Could this recent spike in the Hash Rate be KNC testing units??

Under promise over deliver EARLY?? or just my wishful thinking??

https://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate

I agree with the others, this is BitFury ramping up (and maybe a little BFL).  KnC probably wont switch on their first chip til later this month, days before we get ours !  (fingers crossed)

-- Jez

Jes, KnC's will be a large spike if they are planning on shipping the orders to date so quick. There won't be any uncertainty when they test/ship. As they are aiming to manufacture and ship in volume, not trickle. It will just be two weeks of solid spike, then a levelling, until Nov/Dec.
What trade strategy will you follow? Regarding selling the coins you mine...
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
The realist
September 05, 2013, 08:36:55 AM
The Fourm. It is known.

LOL I actually discovered it few hours back because they had uploaded the banner before they posted the news.  Cool
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
September 05, 2013, 08:32:18 AM
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-34

Today, we have a few announcements to make;

Firstly, our orders for September delivery are now closed. If any refunds occur, any devices that become available will be added as, and when, on the KnCMiner site. So for those keen to secure a device for the preliminary deliveries please keep a look out. They will be sold on a first come first served basis and be added to the end of the September/October queue.

In addition there are a number of individuals that think they can pay their way into preferential order queue positions for September delivery. We absolutely do not sell out the back door. We want to stress;

Our order queue is sacred.

We will not make an exception to anybody. First paid, first served (aside the very beginning 500 customers who were positioned in order of interest). Again please no more emails, or calls asking us to break this rule, it’s not happening.

FOURM

Finally, our forum is now live, with another competition!

Please find it at the following link;

https://forum.kncminer.com/forum

You can register and secure your usernames immediately, again, first come, first served, and remember; please be kind to one another!

Thanks,

Forum is down for me

Edit: non https link works

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
September 05, 2013, 07:49:41 AM
It's going to be horrific and fascinating at the same time watching the effect on the network - I'm seeing the last 10 minutes of "The Perfect Storm", directors bitcoin cut.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 05, 2013, 07:46:46 AM

I agree with the others, this is BitFury ramping up (and maybe a little BFL).  KnC probably wont switch on their first chip til later this month, days before we get ours !  (fingers crossed)

-- Jez

Jes, KnC's will be a large spike if they are planning on shipping the orders to date so quick. There won't be any uncertainty when they test/ship. As they are aiming to manufacture and ship in volume, not trickle. It will just be two weeks of solid spike, then a levelling, until Nov/Dec.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
September 05, 2013, 07:42:37 AM
anyone know where you input your mining info. on the KNC WEBSITE? Thanks.

My account - Common information
Activity: 702
September 05, 2013, 07:41:37 AM

I agree with the others, this is BitFury ramping up (and maybe a little BFL).  KnC probably wont switch on their first chip til later this month, days before we get ours !  (fingers crossed)

-- Jez
Activity: 336
September 05, 2013, 07:40:07 AM
I figured it was Bitfury.......

anyone know where you input your mining info. on the KNC WEBSITE? Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
September 05, 2013, 07:38:30 AM

wishful thinking. That's bitfury's 140 something TH
Activity: 336
September 05, 2013, 07:35:19 AM

Activity: 410
September 05, 2013, 03:56:40 AM
I'm in Chicago, about a mile west of Wrigley Field. I just checked my power bill.

For ENERGY CHARGE it says 1161 kWh x 0.05589 = $64.89

For DELIVERY AND TAXES they charge me             $60.21

For a grand total of...........                               $125.10

Also Chicago northsider *wave*

520 kWh X 0.05650  = $29.38
delivery/taxes/other = $32.26
----------------
Total: $61.64

Would love to know why taxes cost more than the service, ever.
Yeah it's stupid.  I have a small apartment complex and for a month of service in a vacant unit I've been charged a few bucks for the electricity and then 10-20x that for taxes and "other" charges.  It's funny to see half a page of charges for a unit that's barely had a switch flipped the whole month.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
September 05, 2013, 03:51:17 AM

In the US don't forget there is a 'transmission charge' also.  Here in the wonderful state of NJ, it is $0.12 Kwh.  Now add the $0.067 transmission charge for a marvelous total of $0.187 Kwh.  

I was wondering this too..  final bill price can be much bloated

here in PA it is an honest .15kW/h total

There's something honest in PA? Can't be near Pittsburgh.

hah - I am on the southeastern burbs of PA but yeah don't mention our liquor situation to anyone

Just escaped Charleroi in June. The liquor board is bad enough, so bad it got used by the soviets in anticapitalist propaganda, but damn what a PIT! I spent 8 years in that hell hole that I can never recover. I don't understand why the youth of western PA don't leave en masse. It's a horrible, ugly, dystopian nightmare. And I AM being nice.
Activity: 574
September 05, 2013, 01:35:46 AM
I'm in Chicago, about a mile west of Wrigley Field. I just checked my power bill.

For ENERGY CHARGE it says 1161 kWh x 0.05589 = $64.89

For DELIVERY AND TAXES they charge me             $60.21

For a grand total of...........                               $125.10

Also Chicago northsider *wave*

520 kWh X 0.05650  = $29.38
delivery/taxes/other = $32.26
----------------
Total: $61.64

Would love to know why taxes cost more than the service, ever.

You have a SERVICE charge that is a daily calulated rate ...i.e to have the cable and meter connected to your house should be 1-2+ per day ..tax's are a small componment

September 05, 2013, 01:23:11 AM

In the US don't forget there is a 'transmission charge' also.  Here in the wonderful state of NJ, it is $0.12 Kwh.  Now add the $0.067 transmission charge for a marvelous total of $0.187 Kwh.  

I was wondering this too..  final bill price can be much bloated

hah - I am on the southeastern burbs of PA but yeah don't mention our liquor situation to anyone
September 05, 2013, 01:22:16 AM

In the US don't forget there is a 'transmission charge' also.  Here in the wonderful state of NJ, it is $0.12 Kwh.  Now add the $0.067 transmission charge for a marvelous total of $0.187 Kwh.  

I was wondering this too..  final bill price can be much bloated

Whoa... Is that PECO?
PPL charges me

Total of ~0.11 per kWh

yep...  you might of just woke me up.... I said honest since I haven't seen it change in forever but maybe since it has been overpriced since forever

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Do as I say to do--But don't. (Mind Blown)
September 05, 2013, 12:23:39 AM
Boasting .0869 KW/hr if anyone wants me to store their hardware at my home I will only charge a flat 10 dollars a day rate on it..(minus power usage of course) And if you think I got cute and stole it, at least this way you know where it is right!?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Do as I say to do--But don't. (Mind Blown)
September 05, 2013, 12:20:09 AM
In a sea of fake and/or inept mining hardward manufacturers, KNC remains a beacon of hope. The Swedes are well-known for their integrity and this company reiterates this contention!! Long Live KnC!!!! Long Live Sweden!!!! Can't wait until they ship more product at a faster rate which should be very soon my gut tells me.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
September 04, 2013, 11:27:17 PM

In the US don't forget there is a 'transmission charge' also.  Here in the wonderful state of NJ, it is $0.12 Kwh.  Now add the $0.067 transmission charge for a marvelous total of $0.187 Kwh.  

I was wondering this too..  final bill price can be much bloated

Jump to: