Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1716. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
September 04, 2013, 05:23:41 PM
Rule No1 - You don't plan in Bitcoinland without taking in account the psychofat boy Karpeles!
He used the same trick twice - some idiots never learn their lesson.

He pumps LTC with a stupid tweet, he cashes out for USD while BTC crashes at his site and he saves his bitcoin reserves who probably went dangerously low from his withdrawal issue...

That's why I will never plan again long term with Bitcoin - ROI and bullshit, he f@cked as so many times!
Terrahash was a black hole - I hope the dump will end for people here so you will not get burned too, I seriously mean it guys...

MtGox is becoming less and less relevant.
Fortunately it seems so - but I am still cautious. The latest LTC manipulation was so canny...
Here we go again...
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 04, 2013, 05:21:37 PM
as your heart also runs at about 60Hz.

You... might want to think about that for a couple seconds.

Or see a doctor.

Hummingbird with a meth problem?
legendary
September 04, 2013, 05:15:37 PM
Rule No1 - You don't plan in Bitcoinland without taking in account the psychofat boy Karpeles!

He pumps LTC with a stupid tweet, he cashes out for USD while BTC crashes at his site and he saves his bitcoin reserves who probably went dangerously low from his withdrawal issue...

That's why I will never plan again long term with Bitcoin - ROI and bullshit, he f@cked as so many times!
Terrahash was a black hole - I hope the dump will end for people here so you will not get burned too, I seriously mean it guys...

Fortunately it seems so - but I am still cautious. The latest LTC manipulation was so canny...
Activity: 238
September 04, 2013, 05:04:58 PM

as your heart also runs at about 60Hz.

You... might want to think about that for a couple seconds.

Or see a doctor.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
September 04, 2013, 05:02:52 PM
We'll all be sending our miners to data centres in Russia at this rate - Russia 2.4 to 9.58 c/kw according to Wikipedia

I was able to find space mainland USA with 2c offpeak & 3.5 cent peak rates, which is where the miners are going...
Yes, it means I have to fly there initially.

Where were you able to find it so low? Please tell... Been looking myself and the lowest i've found is @ .08/kwh..
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Keep looking, you should be able to find it.
I thought I was smart finding it, only to find other miners already there. That's the best I can do for now under NDA.
damn you! now I have to search the internet for hours before pm'ing you with the question with whom you have the nda!
Its really not that hard.. I have .089-.041 around by me for all my miners Tongue
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
September 04, 2013, 04:48:43 PM
Hopefully OrSoC have all their DRAM in stock for their SO-DIMM embedded Linux systems:

The Korean press reports that a huge explosion and fire in Hynix's fabrication plants 1 and 2 in China may put DRAM shipments on hold for the foreseeable future. Hynix is responsible for about 30% of the world's DRAM production.

More on: http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=1F7BAFAD-A8EA-72BF-E41ABEB0A9EB98B9

Nothing to worry about says Hynix: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/09/04/dont_panic_says_hynix_china_fab_explosion_is_no_big_deal/
Activity: 201
September 04, 2013, 04:48:20 PM
So it seems that HMRC do have a view on BTC apparently (http://www.coindesk.com/hmrc-uk-bitcoin-exchanges-dont-have-to-register-under-money-laundering-regulations/), who'd have thought it - very progressive Wink. No word on VAT
The VAT situation is incredibly simple for good/services sold in BTC, it's just any other non-local currency.
Activity: 140
"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."
September 04, 2013, 04:45:34 PM
actually O'rama, we (Americans) have both 110 & 220 installed in most households. Just the 220 is usually used for large appliances, like ovens & driers, also come with a plug end(pigtail) the size of a small fist....lol

I never knew. That said though our (EU) voltage (especially Germany) is a lot more flexible, you can step a lot higher, but I doubt people will want to turn their houses into datacentres in the long run. If you do you could prob host other peoples kit, which would be a business in itself...
I could be mistaken, but I'm thinking 60hz could step higher than 50?
But of course we have 3 phase vs. ?  Not that this matters any....

My dad is an electrician, so I grew up around this stuff. 50 Hz doesn't make a lot of difference as far as stepping up or down, but it is safer to handle , as your heart also runs at about 60Hz. Still  a bad idea to make yourself part of the circuit Tongue

At any rate, there is just as much flexibility in the USA as in EU, just depends on how you want to install it. In a house or shop that you own, you can get pretty much any power configuration you desire if you have the resources to have it properly installed. In a rental you're pretty well stuck with 220/110. And, unfortunately, most residences have a 200 amp service, so you can't expand a hell of a lot without getting your panel and meter replaced (or a second setup installed).

What I"ve seen being a bigger issue is the incredible variance in generated power in the US. In most of the western states it's pretty clean, and tends to run 3-5 volts RMS above rated. In some of the midwest and the eastern states, I have put a meter on the wall and over a period of an hour seen a +/- variance of up to 30 percent. That will let the smoke out of your electronics. It is well worth the money to get a UPS and very good line spike protection when dealing with potentially sensitive electronics. Line power hasn't gotten any better, but electronics have gotten tougher over the last decade. ASIC mining manchines are likely NOT up to consumer grade standards. Don't let a utility company kill your investment.

This is along the lines of what I said awhile back - surge suppression and line filtration will be magnanimously better than insurance alone. But very well put!
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
September 04, 2013, 04:42:02 PM
Power factor correction caps are a really good idea to smooth things out, and save up to 25% on your electric bill.. Smiley
http://es.eaton.com/PowerFactorROI/index.html
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
September 04, 2013, 04:41:25 PM
Hopefully OrSoC have all their DRAM in stock for their SO-DIMM embedded Linux systems:

The Korean press reports that a huge explosion and fire in Hynix's fabrication plants 1 and 2 in China may put DRAM shipments on hold for the foreseeable future. Hynix is responsible for about 30% of the world's DRAM production.

More on: http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=1F7BAFAD-A8EA-72BF-E41ABEB0A9EB98B9
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
September 04, 2013, 04:32:52 PM
actually O'rama, we (Americans) have both 110 & 220 installed in most households. Just the 220 is usually used for large appliances, like ovens & driers, also come with a plug end(pigtail) the size of a small fist....lol

I never knew. That said though our (EU) voltage (especially Germany) is a lot more flexible, you can step a lot higher, but I doubt people will want to turn their houses into datacentres in the long run. If you do you could prob host other peoples kit, which would be a business in itself...
I could be mistaken, but I'm thinking 60hz could step higher than 50?
But of course we have 3 phase vs. ?  Not that this matters any....

My dad is an electrician, so I grew up around this stuff. 50 Hz doesn't make a lot of difference as far as stepping up or down, but it is safer to handle , as your heart also runs at about 60Hz. Still  a bad idea to make yourself part of the circuit Tongue

At any rate, there is just as much flexibility in the USA as in EU, just depends on how you want to install it. In a house or shop that you own, you can get pretty much any power configuration you desire if you have the resources to have it properly installed. In a rental you're pretty well stuck with 220/110. And, unfortunately, most residences have a 200 amp service, so you can't expand a hell of a lot without getting your panel and meter replaced (or a second setup installed).

What I"ve seen being a bigger issue is the incredible variance in generated power in the US. In most of the western states it's pretty clean, and tends to run 3-5 volts RMS above rated. In some of the midwest and the eastern states, I have put a meter on the wall and over a period of an hour seen a +/- variance of up to 30 percent. That will let the smoke out of your electronics. It is well worth the money to get a UPS and very good line spike protection when dealing with potentially sensitive electronics. Line power hasn't gotten any better, but electronics have gotten tougher over the last decade. ASIC mining manchines are likely NOT up to consumer grade standards. Don't let a utility company kill your investment.
legendary
September 04, 2013, 03:56:10 PM

Activity: 574
Mining for the hell of it.
September 04, 2013, 03:34:22 PM
110 plug

220 plug

There is a couple different plugs for 220v usually its 3 or 4 prong plugs

This for for
legendary
September 04, 2013, 03:33:31 PM
Double digits?
Activity: 493
Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!
September 04, 2013, 03:30:35 PM
You pay VAT on things you PURCHASE, not on things you create. Not all things you purchase attract VAT either, gold and currency for example don't among many other items.
VAT is a way for government to collect tax from the consumer by using businesses to do this. VAT is also 20% not 23% here. If you can claim the VAT back, you can more than likely claim the computer equipment as a capital business expense and get some of the cost back from the tax man too.

Hi Timmers, sounds like you might be in the UK (sorry if I've made a gross assumption here). I've been wondering this for a while and you (or others) may have an accountancy background and may be able to advise. My understanding is that if you're a VAT registered business in the UK then you can buy items for the business without VAT (or claim it back in your quarterly VAT return), but you are then obliged to collect VAT at 20% for any goods or services that you provide to your customers (unless they are also a VAT registered businesses) and fill in a quarterly VAT return for HMRC where all of this is calculated.

I presume that if you are buying mining hardware for your business and your business does not use this to provide a VATable service to a customer then you presumably don't need to pay any VAT (which I think is what you're saying above). You would just need to pay tax on the income that the miner generates for the business. The only danger with this setup might be that if the business is not charging anybody VAT (so not providing any other goods or services) then HMRC might revoke the business' VAT-registered status. If you were to buy a miner without VAT and then sell it to a customer then it's clear that you would need to charge the customer VAT on the price of the miner. Here's the difficult one - if your business buys a miner and then sells shares in that miner (or shares in what it produces depending on your outlook) to customers then do you need to collect VAT on top of the price of the shares that you sell? If the miner technically remains the property of the business, but shares are sold that return a proportion of the miner's output (perhaps with some hosting fee applied by the business) then what part of that transaction is VAT applicable to (is the hosting fee the service)? Any thoughts anybody?

(By the way, when I say "you" above I'm talking about a hypothetical business by the way, not you or anybody else personally)

VAT is a minefield, that's why many businesses in the UK stay under the threshold to avoid the hassle. I think the mining business could be one where it is simple enough and beneficial to be registered though.

My mate is a freelance programmer, he is also his own limited company. He is VAT registered as his turnover is above the threshold.
This makes him more expensive to pay by 20% but as he works for large companies they claim that back...this is what is a the pest, the paperwork for nothing. What is cool though is that all his equipment and allowable expenses are fed to the tax man, and any VAT he pays he can recover. He is a small business and pays an accountant but doesn't need to really.
I asked him about this and was thinking of getting him to pay for my rig, then he could claim back that VAT and some tax relief too. His accountant said no problem. Even with the purpose of this bit of computer equipment being to mine coins..he said the same thing I thought...how would anyone know that? It's office equipment to them and they won't have a scooby doo what a bitcoin is, and even if they did...what amount would they tax you on? He said that the tax man would probably come into it when you made a capital gain selling BTC. Either way they can't check what you have. lol

AFAIK there's no VAT on shares in a company..I've never paid any. If the business was well set up I'd bet that only services provided to customers would attract VAT. I'd definitely consult a decent VAT accountant though. One thing about the VAT man, he's got some really kickass powers and can make a mess of you if you get it wrong.

You can also mitigate that power cost if you're a company. I think a lot of people with big mining setups could do well registering a company for less than 100 quid and registering for VAT and just making a loss ...getting all the perks on what they buy and what power is used. I used to claim 1/4 of my home lecky bill when I was working from there, that's very normal. Wink

Thanks timmers and bitcoinorama, that's useful. So it seems that HMRC do have a view on BTC apparently (http://www.coindesk.com/hmrc-uk-bitcoin-exchanges-dont-have-to-register-under-money-laundering-regulations/), who'd have thought it - very progressive Wink. No word on VAT, but sounds like you're quite right with the cap. gains, which is what I would have expected too.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
September 04, 2013, 03:09:36 PM
actually O'rama, we (Americans) have both 110 & 220 installed in most households. Just the 220 is usually used for large appliances, like ovens & driers, also come with a plug end(pigtail) the size of a small fist....lol (But it's also @ 60 hz, instead of 50)

So, it's like Northern European houses, where you have 230v 2-phase for everything and 380V 25A 3-phase for kitchen ovens:

legendary
Activity: 804
Merit: 1002
September 04, 2013, 03:07:48 PM
We'll all be sending our miners to data centres in Russia at this rate - Russia 2.4 to 9.58 c/kw according to Wikipedia

I was able to find space mainland USA with 2c offpeak & 3.5 cent peak rates, which is where the miners are going...

Where were you able to find it so low? Please tell... Been looking myself and the lowest i've found is @ .08/kwh..
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Keep looking, you should be able to find it.
I thought I was smart finding it, only to find other miners already there. That's the best I can do for now under NDA.
damn you! now I have to search the internet for hours before pm'ing you with the question with whom you have the nda!
Activity: 238
September 04, 2013, 03:02:12 PM

Yeah.  Bitfury is hashing like crazy. And KnC will soon be as well. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Bitfury actually added a support ticket to have blockchain.info add them to their chart but they haven't done it yet.
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
September 04, 2013, 02:55:48 PM

legendary
Jump to: